Team-BHP > Announcements
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2017, 21:23   #121
BHPian

Re: On Team-BHP's 13th birthday, let's celebrate our independence

Happy Birthday Team-BHP and a big thank you to GTO and the entire moderator team.
tBHP is the best auto publication in India and one of the top in the world!
Re the independence, if ever there is any requirement, please please start a donation campaign like Wikipedia and I am sure it will be fully funded within a day
timuseravan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 21:32   #122
BHPian

Happy Birthday to you Team-BHP!!!

Wishing you many more happy birthdays to come!

On this note I also would like to point out that "Independence" is not the only characteristics of this fantastic forum. "Transparency" is yet another feature I admire a lot. All the hon'ble members contribute with their genuine issues over a car, which gives more insights to the readers and help them make a prudent decision for their purchase. Such views and inputs from the elite members are not hidden or blocked.

Wishing TBHP great times ahead too!
yogeshbala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 21:40   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay81 View Post
Perfectly put.. especially with the new Honda City being launched today, I am sure lot of Team BHP members / non-members will postpone their purchase till the official review is out
OT. But since there's no mechanical changes, I don't think a review will matter. Basically it's a facelift which has a few goodies extra and Honda are charging a hefty premium for that.

Heck, they didn't even add a 6th gear in MT. And clearly it's a success even before it's on roads thanks to 5k bookings already.
The Brutailer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 21:48   #124
Senior - BHPian

Happy Birthday Dear TeamBhp.

I have been associated with TeamBhp since 2005, when I created an account only to read about something ( Don't recollect what it was ).

After that I forgot about it since i didn't know much about blogging.It was in 2008-2009 when my colleague introduced me to blogging. He was struggling to get membership to TeamBhp at that time, it was then that it stuck to me that i already have one!

Since then i have been a regular visitor to teambhp.So much is the addiction that friends from my old project call me as "TeamBhp" whenever they meet me.

Proud to be associated with this forum, looking forward to being actively associated for many more to come.
silverado is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 21:48   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Happy birthday Team- BHP!!

I'm late to the party here but very excited that our dear forum has grown to these heights by sticking to its basic fundamental values of honesty and discipline among others.

I'm really thankful to the entire team of moderators who are at work all round the clock despite their personal and professional commitments.

Also, thankful to the members who have contributed drop by drop to make TBHP the sea it is today who are tied together by a common interest.

Wishing TBHP many such years of success and celebrations.

Regards,
Saket.
saket77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 23:11   #126
BHPian

A very happy birthday to my favorite community, I wish the camaraderie remains forever.
My best wishes for the years to come.
StallionAmit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 23:29   #127
BHPian

Time flies.
And it seems like just yesterday that I was admitted to these hallowed halls. The only regret I have is that I have missed out on being a bhp-ian for about 12 years.
Team BHP is now my daily read on my commute to work. Unfortunately, I have to take the Mumbai local trains to travel, but its actually a blessing in disguise, with about 1 or 2 hours of reading all kinds of stuff on team bhp... DIYs, Intros, Travelogues, Reviews, Rants, the list goes on and on and there's always more to read, more to find out. Teambhp has changed the way I look at cars. The way I look at it, there are two types of people in this world : the ones that are on team bhp and the ones that aren't.

The mods have done a superb job and the only reason that teambhp is what it is today is because of the care and love with which you guys have nurtured your baby.

Cheers teambhp.

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th February 2017 at 13:41. Reason: Post edited. Please don't use spaces *before* punctuation marks.
AMKAM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 23:59   #128
BHPian

Happy Birthday Team-BHP.

Wishing Team-BHP a great time ahead.
petroguzzler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 08:00   #129
Senior - BHPian

Super work GTO and team.
Best wishes to Team-bhp.

Proud to be associated with you guys
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 08:01   #130
BHPian

Happy Birthday Team-BHP.
Redlining the Indian automotive scene for 13 years.

That's quite an achievement. And proud to be a part of it.

Last edited by jeevan007 : 15th February 2017 at 08:03.
jeevan007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 08:09   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It’s our birthday and today, I want to talk about something that we don’t mention that often – OUR INDEPENDENCE…independence from the very industry that we cover! Since day 1 of inception, Team-BHP has never accepted an advertisement for a car model and we never will. This is very important to who we are and what we do.
The auto industry doesn't pay our bills; we are the only large resource of car information to adopt this model. It makes me immensely proud! It is our independence that has allowed us to excel . And we've done all of this, ending up with a readership (21 lakh monthly readers) exceeding all of the car magazines combined. So, thank you for placing your trust in us!

I funded Team-BHP out of pocket for the initial 7 years. In fact, we didn’t even have a single ad banner on the website until mid-2008! This, at a time when start-ups look for ‘funding’ within a week of their birth.

Truth is, there are only two things that can make automakers toe the line. One is tough legislation, the other is bad publicity / a strict press. Admittedly, India’s legal system is slow, while most of the press has sold out. That’s why Team-BHP does what it can to spread awareness (of the good & bad, both).
Anshuman, Aah78, Aditya, Ajmat, Akshay1234, Ampere, Bblost, Benbsb29, dZired, Eddy, FlyingSpur, GTO, Gannu_1, Jaggu, Karlosdeville, Khan_Sultan, Manson, Mobike008, Moralfibre, MPower, Navin, Noopster, Omkar, Rehaan, Rtech, Rudra Sen, Samurai, SDP, Suhaas307, Technocrat, TheMAG, TSK1979, Vid6639 and Zappo

Gentlemen, congratulations on building and managing and growing one of India's finest on line forums in any industry or area. Your hard work and integrity shows in every aspect of T-BHP, in the content, the discipline, the integrity, the depth of knowledge, the thoroughness of investigation and the courage to take on the big bad boys when needed and the grace to appreciate them when deserved. For 2 decades I stayed away from on line forums & chat rooms and the like, primarily because of the poor tone, low IQ, incorrect data and rudeness on many of these and sheer jingoism on aviation/defence forums. T-BHP was the first and till now the only one I write on or am a member of and I thank you for letting me write on cars that fly and sail . My sincere thanks to all you young men for the quality of T-BHP.

GTO, - my compliments to you for funding the site on your own dollar for the first several years. You have built it the 'normal' way where an enterprise is funded by owner's equity and reinvestment of cash. When you grow with your own equity you think very carefully how to spend it efficiently. That is one reason T-BHP is stable and not getting hounded by PE investors with differing priorities.

When I became a member of T-BHP in 2014 my aged aunt got quite perplexed seeing me all the time reading about cars on T-BHP. She was used to me reading on aviation. So, poor lady, asked my mother (her sister), "...kya V____ car dealership khol raha hai, aircraft ke business mein gadbad ho rahi hai kya...." (is V____ planning to open a car dealership? is his aircraft business in trouble).

My best wishes to all the T-BHP moderators and supporting staff. It takes sheer guts to take on the largest manufacturing industry in the country. And the T-BHP team of moderators, support staff and leadership has what it takes. Happy to be a small part of your journey. Looking forward to the 25th celebration and before that to the 50 lakh subscriber mark.

With warm regards,
Narayan

Last edited by V.Narayan : 15th February 2017 at 08:18.
V.Narayan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 10:21   #132
BHPian

Happy 13th birthday, Team-BHP.

When I joined this forum a few years ago, I didn't quite like the process of signing up with the essays and and other questions. But after I let that past and dived into the sub forums and consumed all the content, I understood why all those checks are in place. The quality of the content around here is something not many other forums can match. I give a big thumbs up to GTO, the moderators and all the guys behind setting up a high quality, no nonsense forum.

I first joined here with the objective of learning about suspension modifications for the old Ford Fiesta Classic. I was just a regular guy with a regular passion for driving back then. After a few years and a lot of late nights spent silently reading all the content on this forum, I'm now a regular guy with a passion for cars, bikes, locomotives, fighter jets, DIYs and much much more. I definitely enjoy reading the official car reviews but another thing I enjoy is reading technical articles about topics like 4x4 systems, engine oil, tyres etc. The travelogue section deserves a special mention because it brought out the sleeping wandered in me.

Live long and prosper, T-BHP!
Vikhyath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 10:51   #133
Senior - BHPian

Many happy returns of the day TeamBhp...!
A big shout to all the mods out there who have really worked hard to maintain the standards.
Hearty congratulations once again .
rakesh_r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 11:12   #134
CPJ
BHPian

Happy Birthday Team-BHP!

A BIG Thank You to all the Moderators for making Team-BHP the one stop destination for all of us to know, understand and most importantly be informed of everything and anything related to the Indian Automotive Scene.

Its been few years that I became a member and not a single day has passed, that I had not visited the forum. Its only Team-BHP that has brought out the car enthusiast in me.

Best Wishes to Team-BHP and proud to be a Team-BHPian.

Last edited by CPJ : 15th February 2017 at 11:14. Reason: Correction
CPJ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 11:56   #135
BHPian

Happy anniversary Team-BHP. It feels great to be part of the community. Its an addiction rather for me and I have to control instincts every day at work not to open Team-BHP, so that my work doesnt get affected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

The biggest compliment to us is when someone complains that we are delaying their car purchase because our official review hasn't come out yet..
I did actually wait and eventually went ahead, spent 20 big ones on the Crysta 2.8 GX only after the official review was released. And now after 7 months of the initial ownership, I couldnt have asked for a better vehicle for my needs. Our official reviews are always spot on and unbiased, which is a reflection of the commnunity's core DNA.
samabhi is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks