Team-BHP > Announcements
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2017, 15:17   #1
BHPian

Team-BHP: BOSS of Indian Online Communities, says FactorDaily

I didn't see a thread on this, so starting one since I am personally happy to see this article on our community from factordaily.com

https://factordaily.com/team-bhp-profile/

Some great callouts

Quoting from the article:
Quote:
As Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Instagram harnessed the network effect and grew in importance over the past decade, internet forums, the first online communities before the advent of social media, slowly but inevitably turned into virtual ghost towns. Most witnessed a gradual but irreversible decline in engagement and traffic. In 2011, an NYT columnist chronicling its stagnation declared the internet forum ‘an endangered species’. Yet, despite the habitat loss, Team-BHP.com has weathered this decade like a boss, growing in engagement and traffic.

As of April 2017, Team-BHP boasts 24 lakh unique visitors a month, and over two crore uniques annually.

A strict editorial policy against any kind of paid content — be it sponsored content, advertorials, or native ads — has substantially boosted the quality and trust in the community,

I reached out to a few auto enthusiasts to share their opinions and experiences as a Team-BHP.com forum member. Almost everyone had a favorable opinion about the community, praising it for its high standards of decorum, while some had some unsavoury things to say about not being allowed in.

“They crack down big time on trolls and non-relevant answers, or if you post stuff with grammatical errors and typos. Membership is slightly tricky at times,”

Read more

Definitely worth a read & proud to be part of this community!

Last edited by noopster : 26th May 2017 at 17:42. Reason: Indenting quote :)
sudeepg is offline   (167) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 15:28   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Team-BHP: BOSS of Indian Online Communities, says FactorDaily

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
I didn't see a thread on this, so starting one since I am personally happy to see this article on our community from factordaily.com
Thanks a lot sudeepg for starting this thread. It's indeed something to feel really proud about.

At the same time thank you all the members to make team-bhp number one.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 26th May 2017 at 16:00.
Rudra Sen is offline   (41) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 15:37   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s. eepg View Post

https://factordaily.com/team-bhp-profile/

Some great callouts

Quoting from the article:
[i]As Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Instagram harnessed the network effect and grew in importance over the past decade, internet forums, the first online communities before the advent of social media, slowly but inevitably turned into virtual ghost towns. Most witnessed a gradual but irreversible decline in engagement and traffic. In 2011, an NYT columnist chronicling its stagnation declared the internet forum ‘an endangered species’. Yet, despite the habitat loss, Team-BHP.com has weathered this decade like a boss, growing in engagement and traffic.

As of April 2017, Team-BHP boasts 24 lakh unique visitors a month, and over two crore uniques annually.
Thanks a lot Sudeep sir. This is certainly something every member should be proud of.

I have seen many people saying it is difficult to get into team bhp, but in the end, the quality and unbiased reviews that you get here make it totally worth it. Apart from paid journalism, chat lingo and typos are what really used to irritate me on other forums.

The quality and consistency maintained by the mods here is the best, although we have so many members and are growing rapidly.Hats off to them as well.

Regards,
Vishy
vishy76 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 15:41   #4
Team-BHP Support

A pleasure to see a well researched, well organized and accurate article

Honestly, I don't think I have come across the FactorDaily website before - but I'll be giving it another look.
Rehaan is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 15:53   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Team-BHP’s motoring community, run by a bunch of passionate and dedicated auto enthusiasts and driven by a closely moderated discussion forum, continues to have more influence and skin in the game compared to mainstream auto publications.
This says it all IMHO Great going, team! Full credits to the mods for maintaining the standards over the years!
AkMar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 15:57   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Had not heard about this website before. But a nicely written article. Was looking at 'Similarweb' which is quoted as the source for the traffic and metrics. Good amount of info. Here is the link

As per this, Team-Bhp.com is 14th in the world in the Automotive News Category. That is no mean achievement.

Team-BHP: BOSS of Indian Online Communities, says FactorDaily-tbhpsimilarweb1.jpg

Special note of thanks to the moderators and all the members for consistently maintaining the high quality of the site.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 26th May 2017 at 16:00.
Rajeevraj is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 16:06   #7
BHPian

Team-BHP - BOSS Of Online Indian Communities - FactorDaily

A testament of the pride we all carry. To the extent that I proudly quote the forum discussions in case of testament needed while discussing some auto issue, be it at SC or at 3M. A sincere thanks to the mods for keeping the strict moderation. Never thought it this way, but, indeed how true, inspite of the proliferation of Facebook and Twitter etc, TBHP holds its stands with an ever growing user base.

More so, today it's an encyclopedia of automotive knowledge and news. Driving my car bike with the TBHP stickers brings I don't know why, but a sense of responsibility at least in me. I have had situations when out of impulse I would do a bad maneuver on road, undoubtedly it will come to my mind what if a fellow tbhpian spotted me. Might sound stupid, but I am being pure honest.

Hats off to the all TBHPians for making this a proud community and mods for not letting it sell to the likes of the auto majors. Respect!
justwheels is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 16:38   #8
BHPian

A big shout-out to all the BHPians for making the forum the Wikipedia of Automobiles and to the whole moderation team for maintaining the quality of the forum and it's content at such a high level from the starting of T-BHP!
Ruchir031 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 16:56   #9
BHPian

Wonderful news! This is great to know!

My congratulations to the moderators who have been strict in maintaining discipline with such vigor for so many years. To ensure the kind of quality for so long is no small task!

Also congratulations to all team bhpians who have ensured that the discussions are always of top quality. Wishing Teambhp, its moderators and team bhpians all the very best and continued support.
SSD2122 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 17:10   #10
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

It is great that TBHP hasn't succumbed to the lure of lucre.
Absolutely right when Rush says that if on the one hand you're dependent for revenue from Advertising by Automakers and so on, then it is absolutely impossible to remain unbiased and report about their products in an objective honest manner.
Completely true.
shankar.balan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 17:17   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this on Facebook before here! This is yet another testament to our core values, beyond extolling them in our anniversary wishes.

Last edited by theMAG : 26th May 2017 at 18:50.
theMAG is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 17:47   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

In the time I have been a member, it hasn't been uncommon to read a lot written about Team BHP. Where this piece is different is that the writer gets it. We never brag about being the biggest or fastest, what matters to us is the quality of what we put out and the fact that we steadfastly stay true to our core viewer, the Indian car owner!
noopster is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 17:52   #13
BHPian

Way to Go. Big shout to the people who came up with this forum when Internet was an unknown territory for most of us Indians. I love the fact that paid advertisements & reviews are not entertained and that is what makes Team-BHP what it is today.

Another aspect, I am in love with is, there is no restriction on the kind of information/knowledge you can share/get here.

Here is to many more such achievements & years!!!
Engine_Roars is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 17:54   #14
BHPian

I can personally vouch for it anywhere & everywhere. The zeal & support in this forum is to be experienced to believe in it. Very Proud !!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 26th May 2017 at 17:58. Reason: typo corrected
100BHP is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 18:26   #15
BHPian

Great going, team-bhp family! I only hope that the fervid nature of our forum when it comes to cars, also spills over to motorcycles. See relatively less activity there.. wonder why?
Ruchitya is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks