Team-BHP > Announcements

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2018, 11:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Official Gear : Team-BHP T-Shirts. UPDATE: 3 New Colours & Designs (page 14)

Thanks to mods for bringing out yet another most desired accessory form the forum.

Unfortunately I am not a big fan of the round collar T shirts (in fact I don't have any), waiting for the Tees to be introduced in Polo format. Any idea when the Polos would be introduced? Till then would watch Bhpians wear and enjoy.
ghodlur is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 11:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: Official Gear : Team-BHP T-Shirts. UPDATE: 3 New Colours & Designs (page 14)

Are the prints done with Rubber or iron-able color print ?
shamanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 11:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Great attention to detail, both in finalising the nitty gritties as well as penning down this post. It felt like reading an official car review The t shirts look nice as well. Good designs! I liked the mountain design, can it be made available as Live to drive as well?
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 11:31   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks to Rehaan & GTO for letting us get a pre-release peek at these lovely T-Shirts.

One suggestion to all regarding the sizing:
The T-shirts are about 2 inches longer than what you get in the market. This is a thought out design feature, to allow for taller guys to match their shoulder size with the T's. I think Rehaan has mentioned this.

For those who prefer it shorter than what the T's are, Suggest to try out the shirts a bit before getting any alterations. That red stitching at the hem is quite unique, and helps maintain that edge.
condor is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 12:45   #20
BANNED

Looks cool! Will the same be available in Polo format later? I’m sure there will be many who would like Polo ones.
The Rationalist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 12:47   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Thanks to mods for bringing out yet another most desired accessory form the forum.

Unfortunately I am not a big fan of the round collar T shirts (in fact I don't have any), waiting for the Tees to be introduced in Polo format. Any idea when the Polos would be introduced? Till then would watch Bhpians wear and enjoy.
My thoughts exactly. Please introduce the other styling as well.
amit_shimla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 13:12   #22
BHPian

Nice initiative and I’m sure it’ll be a hit. After experiencing the jacket, I’m pretty sure quality will be top notch.

Despite that, I have 2 requests:
1. A polo and full sleeve should be introduced. I’m sure there’ll be many takers for it. Full sleeve is especially helpful in cool temperatures.

2. Lack of customisation is missed. I gotta say, I purchased the jacket only because I could customise it with my name (or a text).

That said, I wish you guys good luck and I do hope you incorporate the stuff I’ve requested in further editions. I’m gonna give it a pass this time.
The Brutailer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 13:22   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
2. Lack of customisation is missed. I gotta say, I purchased the jacket only because I could customise it with my name (or a text).
Customization / Personalization is something we've left open as an option for the Tees too.

It would be similar to the Hoodies (the "v3 Style") design.

Will take a call depending on the demand for it + available stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
Ordered 2 shirts and hope I get it before mid of next week.
They'll be shipping out in the next few hours...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Are the prints done with Rubber or iron-able color print ?
They are ink prints (not the rubbery 'plastisol' type).

Though it's still recommended not to iron on the print. (Or iron inside-out).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
PS: Can we have Anthracite grey and blue color options please?
Those colours are high on the list! Though we need to go through a lot of the existing stock first.

New colours wont be happening this quarter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Just wondering why the plain T-shirts are prices on par with the other designs though.
Actually all the T-Shirts cost different amounts to print (depending on number of colours / print size, etc). The pricing is just standardized across them all, including the plain tees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
are we planning to introduce Team-BHP branded Polo t-shirts?
Haven't started any work on these yet, but they will be one of the next upcoming merchandise items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
I liked the mountain design, can it be made available as Live to drive as well?
Hadn't thought about that! Will see what we can do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The T-shirts are about 2 inches longer than what you get in the market. This is a thought out design feature, to allow for taller guys to match their shoulder size with the T's.
Yep, the M especially isn't short, this allows the taller but leaner guys to wear M instead of having to go up to L.

However, best to measure and compare using the provided sizing chart.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd January 2018 at 13:37.
Rehaan is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 13:48   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

It's a special feeling to try out something new before everyone gets to even know about it. Thanks to Rehaan and the Mod team for letting us DBHPians experience that.

What I loved the most is the attention to detail, right from the design to the final product.
  • Length wise, evident immediately, it's quite long compared to the other Tshirts available in the market to satisfy slim and tall people out there...it's like the Tall-boy of T-shirts.
  • Red stitching similar to a sporty car's upholstery.
  • Overall fit is like some well designed ergonomics that we desire in our cars.
  • The sizing nomenclature makes you think "How i wish I could have a V12 or a W16". But then, thanks, V6 is good enough for me
  • The TeamBHP and LTD badge on the sleeve is similar to the limited edition badging on cars
  • The subtle design language is like a "fluidic" design language conveying the forum's underlying love towards wheeled machines.

If getting it pre-release was the cake, the icing was my photos being used in the launch thread. I got a celebrity feeling just like the opening scene of Kungfu Panda 1 movie. While the Duck called out "Po, wake up, it's getting late for work", a colleague called out "Hemanth, come soon, it's time for a meeting"

Signing off with another photo
Official Gear : Team-BHP T-Shirts. UPDATE: 3 New Colours & Designs (page 14)-dsc_8079.jpg
hemanth.anand is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 14:19   #25
Team-BHP Support

The quality of the fabric and the attention to detail speaks for itself (Rehaan & team have managed a stretchable finish while keeping it 100% cotton, most others blend with lycra), and these tees also address two of my pet peeves with ready-made merchandise.

1. Sizing: I'm 5"7', 66 kgs, lean but broad-shouldered. My perfect size for store-bought stuff usually falls between small & medium, and even then some measure is off and I have to compromise. For these tees, S fits me snug, while M is a more relaxed fit (extra length though), both are comfortable and look great!

2. Alteration-friendliness: As mentioned in Rehaan's opening post, most manufacturers use inferior quality pre-stretched material, which means they're prone to shriveling along the stitch seams if any alterations are made. For the T-BHP tees, I got both my M-sized ones trimmed 2' at the hem, and the finish is nearly factory-perfect, thanks to the material keeping its shape.

P.S. Refraining from posting pics of altered tees to avoid confusion, can PM if anyone needs a sizing/fit reference.

P.P.S. I said this earlier to Rehaan, but I believe deserved praise must be public whenever possible. Reading through the launch post was a trip down memory lane for me, I could almost hear Dad (who's a textile technologist) in my head explaining the manufacturing process, like he did on my countless trips to his workplaces over the years as a kid & young adult.

@Rehaan, you've got terrific eye for detail and it shows in the launch post.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 22nd January 2018 at 14:44.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 14:38   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

I have dropped down a size (2XL to XL) in the past couple of years due to shedding weight and growing slimmer. The 2XL hoodies I had ordered till last year are now loose in fitting, hence ordered these tees in XL size.

I had ordered 4 of them in number (except the Minimalist URL & the 2 plain ones) and am happy to report that all of them are snug fits and are extremely comfortable and stretchable.

The added length of the tees is a blessing for me because I am a tall guy. My stomach protrudes out just a bit but that will also be good to go in the next 4-5 months' time.

If you are anywhere near my height & body weight (6 feet & ~80 kgs), the XL will be a perfect fit. Above 80 kgs, the 2XL is recommended.

In addition to my "Live To Drive: Lines" tee pic posted by Rehaan in the opening post, here are 3 snaps of the other 3 tees with me:

Official Gear : Team-BHP T-Shirts. UPDATE: 3 New Colours & Designs (page 14)-img_20180119_101926.jpg

Official Gear : Team-BHP T-Shirts. UPDATE: 3 New Colours & Designs (page 14)-img_20180119_103108_bokeh.jpg

Official Gear : Team-BHP T-Shirts. UPDATE: 3 New Colours & Designs (page 14)-img_20180119_102732.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 14:44   #27
BHPian

Wow, our warehouse has got a nice torque. I ordered at 10.30 and I already received the tracking number and expected delivery shows tomorrow, that's quite a thing.

When I opened this thread, I didn't expect any goodie for Riders, was just seeing pics of Tee's suddenly spotted the Live to Ride Tee and immediately ordered it.

Good timing, I can now wear it for Republic day ride.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 14:45   #28
BHPian

Just ordered 'Live to Ride' t-shirt. I simply loved the t-shirt.

I have planned a road trip to Udaipur in my RC 390 from Thursday to Sunday & I felt elated when I saw these t-shirts. I ordered TBhp stickers last week & got them on the next day after shipping, fingers crossed for this one.

Last edited by bhavik.1991 : 22nd January 2018 at 14:47.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 15:01   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Length wise, evident immediately, it's quite long compared to the other Tshirts available in the market to satisfy slim and tall people out there...it's like the Tall-boy of T-shirts.
I think it’s also in-line with the latest trends – short length t-shirts are kind of out-of-fashion I think; at least cannot find those types in the mainstream fashion stores
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 15:27   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent launch thread Rehaan, and thank you for the early trial offer. Personally not a fan of any kind of big prints on T-Shirt. So, special thanks for including the plain black and white ones too. Good quality plain T-Shirts are hard to find and these ones are perfect. The Team-Bhp label on the sleeve is an excellent touch.

Having worn it multiple times now, can vouch for the comfort and the fit. The effort spent on matching the fit to size is very evident.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed