Team-BHP > Announcements
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2018, 09:14   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Happy 14th Birthday, Team-BHP! Here's your gift - A new 'Road Safety' forum

Awesome !! Safety has always been important, but even more so with each passing day. Having a separate forum for this is underlining the need and will help everyone, every mile. After TBHP came into being, this must be the best TBHP birthday gift !

Thank you, GTO, Rehaan & Mod team !

Last edited by condor : 14th February 2018 at 09:17.
condor is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 09:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Happy 14th Birthday Team-BHP.

I have read almost all the threads about Team-BHP' s journey and I must say it is an incredible journey. Team-BHP doesn't only influence our decisions related to automobile, but it also contributes in some of our life decisions. That's the power of this community. Thanks, Team-BHP.

A dedicated forum/ sections for Road safety was need of time, thanks Mods for introducing this sections. It will be really helpful to have all the discussion related to road safety under one roof.
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 09:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

Happy 14th to t-bhp and everyone behind the scenes.

Glad that Road Safety now gets a prominent and visible place in our home page and discussions. This topic is one of my pet peeves and I keep trying to educate anyone and everyone on safe driving/riding practices.

What really pisses me off is watching parents on 2-wheelers coming to school riding on the wrong side of the road, against traffic, with total disregard for their own child's safety. And most of these kids don't even wear a helmet.

4-wheeler drivers, for their part, don't bother to use seatbelts. Neither on themselves, nor on their kids. Don't these parents understand that kids learn from watching them, and that they will grow up thinking that this is the right thing to do. Frustratingly, this is a school that has an over-educated, very cosmopolitan population with parents from different parts of the country (Manipal is a University town).

I feel we (t-bhp) should start a campaign in schools to teach kids basic road sense and safe behaviour. If we can get through to them, then they can influence the parents into following safe practices. Each bhpian can run the campaign in their kids' schools and communities. We just have to create a "curriculum" (for want of a better word) that everyone can follow.

I am planning to print and distribute flyers to be given in each class of my son's school, containing 2 topics per month. Expecting support from the PTA and school management.
samaspire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 09:44   #19
BHPian

Safety is paramount; of utmost importance. The whole point of being an automotive enthusiast is that we enjoy our vehicles each day, every day.

This new forum then, couldn’t have been a more perfect addition to the site. Seeing the volume of new posts on the ‘Accident Thread’ each day, this forum was of urgent creation. Thanks a lot for this.

Oh, and happy birthday team-bhp. You’ve changed the landscape of automotive journalism. Couldn’t have been more proud of being a member here.

And..happy belated birthday to GTO as well!

Last edited by The Brutailer : 14th February 2018 at 09:47.
The Brutailer is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 09:52   #20
BHPian

So T-BHP has completed 14 round trips around the sun!

Thanks to all the Mods & entire community, it has been an Exciting & Safe 14 year journey! Keep up the great work everyone!
mn2363 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 09:54   #21
Senior - BHPian

Happy 14th Birthday!!

BTW, its Team-Bhp's birthday, and we get the gift
arvind71181 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 10:00   #22
BHPian

A very happy birthday to Team-BHP! And boy, what a coincidence; I share the special day with Team-BHP- 14th Feb being my birthday (though official) too, and what gift would be better than this!
I wish both of us a long and a safe journey!
Cheers!

Last edited by Shekhar2509 : 14th February 2018 at 10:04.
Shekhar2509 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 10:11   #23
BHPian

Happy 14th birthday !!!!

Thank you for highlighting this issue. Keep up the good work.

We as a part of T-BHP community should spread awareness about safety as much as possible.
findviru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 10:15   #24
BHPian

Happy Birthday Team-Bhp. You have come a long way to fulfill the desires of enthusiasts of an automotive forum that exalts knowledge, passion and most of all Road Safety. In a country that boasts of the highest vehicular deaths in the world, I strongly believe this forum is one step in the right direction to spread awareness.

Everyday at work when there is a tea table discussion on cars, I see people acting like rookies at safety. It's so surprising to see that all people care about is automatic wipers, mileage and all the other fancy features. But they often forget the structural rigidity of a car or the safety features which they should concentrate on. Some of my colleagues who are parents allow their infants or toddlers to sit in front seat citing their comfort in keeping an eye on the kids or the kids refusing to listen to their parents. And the irony is these are all educated folks who are over protective about their kids when it comes to any other aspects.

It's not surprising to see them give me the strange looks when I talk of safety, but to be honest I don't care when I preach the safety to my colleagues. Maybe someday they will listen and someday they will implement.
sub.g84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 10:30   #25
BHPian

Wonderful Wishes to Team-BHP on its 14th Birthday!

Very pleased to see GTO's message on the most noble initiative "Safety Awareness" through this wonderful forum.

Though we always advocate safety, with this step, we will be taking our intention of serving our society to the next level!

Very pleased and proud about this intention!

All the very best and I too pledge to contribute in what ever means possible.

Regards,
Maverick79

Last edited by Maverick79 : 14th February 2018 at 10:32.
Maverick79 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 10:34   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Happy birthday to our beloved TBHP!! And wish many happy returns of the day to Rush! Happy birthday!

Road safety as a new section is a great initiative. Will go long way in instilling safe driving/ riding practises among the readers. And as Rehaan mentioned that even if it saves/ influences one person, it has an exponential impact. Thanks for this lovely gift.

Regards,
Saket.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 10:37   #27
CPJ
BHPian

Happy 14th Birthday Team-BHP!

The Road Safety forum is a great initiatives and would definitely help in educating people the importance of safety on our roads.

Keep up the good work!
CPJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 10:55   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Happy 14th birthday to Team-BHP . What an amazing journey it has been for this automotive forum. A dedicated Road Safety Forum shows how our forum has evolved over the years. It shows being enthusiastic about automobiles does not mean one can ignore safety. Enthusiasm or passion for cars and bikes and safety go hand in hand.

Team BHP has been instrumental in creating a culture of following safe motoring practices in me and I have made sure I've rubbed it off to all near and dear ones as well. A dedicated safety forum will make sure all these wonderful discussions get more visibility for road users and automakers alike and hopefully help kick off a safety revolution of sorts in our country.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 10:59   #29

Happy Birthday !

It’s such a sweet coincidence that I found my Wife and Love for Cars (through Team-BHP) on February 14th.

I wish may more happy miles and smiles to all Team-BHPians. Wonderful community , Stay Blessed !
VeeEight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 11:02   #30
BHPian

Happy Birthday Team-BHP and a big thanks to GTO and all the moderators for providing this superb platform for us auto-lovers!!
timuseravan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks