Team-BHP > Announcements

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2018, 11:19   #31
BHPian

Re: Happy 14th Birthday, Team-BHP! Here's your gift - A new 'Road Safety' forum

A brilliant initiative, indeed. With the adrenaline rush of spirited driving, comes an even bigger responsibility of safety (both one's own, and others'). This forum shall go a long way in creating an awareness about safe motoring practices.

Wishing the team a very happy birthday, and countless more years ahead!
RoverX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 11:23   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Wishing this community a very Happy Birthday! Our beloved Team-BHP has now spent 14 valentine's days with us .
This is Valentine's day and my morning started with Team-BHP! That said, it keeps me more interested and has given me more lovable moments - so, Team-BHP is my Valentine!!

Did I just see the picture of a Maruti suzuki Celerio VXi in the bottom left of the collage that talks about road safety?

Last edited by VKumar : 14th February 2018 at 11:32.
VKumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 11:26   #33
Team-BHP Support

What a wonderful way to bring up the 14th on the 14th!

This section of road safety will immense value to all of us, especially at these times when just being a safe driver is not safe enough. I am sure that the awareness from this initiative will act as a guiding force in many car purchase decisions over the coming years.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 11:29   #34
BHPian

I curse the moderators and forum members to be born as petrol heads and auto lovers , for all future lives.
Team Bhp is an addiction, but better than other social media platforms in that we don't do gossip here. This forum would have saved hundreds of lives already in the past decade atleast. This Road safety initiative would further the achievement of this forum.
aadya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 11:34   #35
BHPian

Happy birthday Team BHP. It is a very thoughtful initiative from TeamBHP crew and support staffs to emphasize on road safety.
I have a small suggestion related to road safety, in developed nations government authorities conduct a lots of road safety awareness sessions in schools. Can we start conducting such awareness sessions in our schools? May be clubbing with our regular TeamBHP meets. Kids are best persons to enforce road rules.

I remember, my ex-boss had a bad habits of flying his Honda Accord in Delhi-Gurgaon Road. Finally he stuck a photo of his 7 year old daughter on his car's instrument cluster and managed to control his urge to overspeed.
MaxTorque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 11:41   #36
BHPian

Happy Birthday Team-BHP!!!
A great initiative by the moderators and senior BHPians to increase awareness regarding road safety as also making available all the required information in a one stop arrangement.
I am sure this will become a major part of our forum.
risham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 11:46   #37
BHPian

Happy 14th Team Bhp! The amazing thing about this forum is that it presents such a balanced view on all things motoring. So while on one thread we drool over record breaking Chirons and Ageras, on another thread the same people can have a pragmatic discussion on defensive driving and how to stay safe on our roads. I think consolidating all relevant information in the new safety section is a great proactive move. Team Bhp's reach and influence in the Indian automotive scene is undisputed, and a push towards safety will definitely have a positive influence on the community as a whole.
Lone Ranger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 12:01   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post

I am planning to print and distribute flyers to be given in each class of my son's school, containing 2 topics per month. Expecting support from the PTA and school management.
Please do share. There have been a recent spate of accidents where kids from my school / college were involved. I too have been thinking along similar lines. However, one advantage that I can think of is my mom teaching in the same school. I am expecting an audience with the Head and thinking about ways to take this forward.
blackwasp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 12:07   #39
BHPian

A very happy birthday TEAM-BHP! And Kudos to all who are behind this great idea!
As long as road safety is concerned, yes some members pointed out the critical areas where the country should focus.

My addition, 1) stringent licencing system 2) Critically review all driving schools & provide permission accordingly

On a lighter note, RTOs can have team-bhp mods or other valuable members on board (with the proper one time authority) to do such activities. Trust me, the result will be impressive!!

Last edited by cp171185 : 14th February 2018 at 12:10. Reason: Correction, addition.
cp171185 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 12:11   #40
BHPian

Happy Birthday, Team-BHP!

Am happy to be part of a forum where cars are evaluated objectively (without an particular deference to any manufacturer, road safety always prevails and where members have all put in their effort to make this what it is.

Hope we can last the next 14 years as well!

A special thanks to GTO, Rehaan and all the MODS for their tireless effort in making the forum what it is today!

Last edited by motorguy : 14th February 2018 at 12:12.
motorguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 12:22   #41
BHPian

Happy 14th Birthday on the 14th,Team Bhp.

You have been a pioneer in creating a platform for people who love cars and founded this on the Valentine's day

It has immensely helped me to get feedback from real people who are driving and owning their cars rather than the auto journalists who often skip the negatives.
joy_swift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 12:47   #42
BHPian

Happy XIV team-bhp.

With the ever-increasing multitudes of cars and bikes on the road and with smoother, wider express highways, driving safely becomes an often neglected subject. Until we get into an accident and then have to deal with the (totally avoidable) circumstances, we don't bother much about driving safety.

On my part, I always share safe driving tips and posts on my Whatsapp groups (the one that immediately springs to mind is the wonderful narrative on the importance of using car seats).

We get countless messages wishing us Good Morning , etc on Whatsapp and it would be a wonderful ripple effect if we shared links to such posts instead. Team-bhp would also get its rightful recognition in this initiative. It takes barely a few seconds to share any link on Whatsapp.

I guess this is also the right time to express how being a team-bhp member has brought a change in my own driving style. The team-bhp sticker on the bumper now makes me realise that rash & reckless driving or bad driving manners would rub off on the team-bhp brand.
My worst nightmare would be for my car to be spotted on the team-bhp sticker thread and being called out for bad driving !! So much so that I have brainwashed my driver to think of how privileged he is to be driving a car with a team-bhp sticker and to drive carefully and correctly.

Looking forward to many more team-bhp birthdays !
Cheers.
AMKAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 13:01   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Team-BHP is all grown up and with maturity comes…responsibility. Which is why, today, we introduce our very own & dedicated ROAD SAFETY section.....
Great initiative to mark the community's birthday . I regularly read the 'accidents in India' thread that we have presently and it had hugely benefited me by raising the general awareness of traffic around us on the road and by improving my anticipation abilities. I realise this more each time I take the car out on the highway. If a single thread can be so beneficial, I am sure that this new forum of the community would be much more useful to the members and visitors

Also, wishing this wonderful little place in the digital world, a very happy birthday. Thanks for the team of Mods and members for making a certain part of our each day, much more enjoyable

Sasi
sasi@8689 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 13:05   #44
Team-BHP Support

Happy birthday folks! to each one of you and the forum to keep it a lovely community it is!
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 13:08   #45
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Rush for Team-BHP.

A bigger thank you to ALL the members at Team-BHP. This is the best online community I have ever been a part of and let's keep it that way !!

Haaappppyyy Biiiirrrrttthhhhddaaaaayyyyy !!!!
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed