Team-BHP > Announcements
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2018, 11:18   #31
BHPian

Re: Love, War & Team-BHP : Economic Times Article

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Want a new gadget? Considering getting your SO a watch for your wedding anniversary? Need to remodel your home? Team-BHP has answers to all that. If there isn't, there's always a BHPian who'll help you.
He he he ... So true! My wife used the advice on Team-BHP for applying for passport for our kid.
nishsingh is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 11:28   #32
Senior - BHPian

A few excerpts from the article:

Quote:
1.5 lakh members, 2 crore plus annual visitors, 24 lakh unique visitors in August 2018, greater readership than all the car magazines combined and 42 lakh posts on 1.6 lakh topics
Quote:
Auto marketers are not welcome on Team-BHP. Their products are of course discussed threadbare but there can be no participation from auto firms and no official or quasi-official tilting of the narrative.
Quote:
...the forum is almost absurdly hard to get into. Says Parekh, “It takes up to a week for an application to get approved... Less than 10% of registrations meet these guidelines. And then if a member comes across as an obvious shill, they get banned and their posts, deleted."
A measured comment on our unwilling appification.

Quote:
The site is a bit of a throwback. While it does have an Android and iPhone app, most of the action plays out on an old-fashioned BBS; what Srinivasan calls a “Web 1.0 entity still going strong in Web 3.0 world"
And a refrain.

Quote:
The most common complaint is ‘They are very particular about rules.’ But the rules are what have made them stay the way they are.
While we do not need any endorsement to continue to do what we firmly believe in, an occasional complimentary mention in a mainstream newspaper is nevertheless a bonus. That said, I feel the article could have been a bit more deep and balanced. It reads more like a sponsored feature (which i know - and can bet on my life - it isn't, 100%) than a well researched piece of journalism.

Last edited by GTO : 27th September 2018 at 08:20. Reason: Adding source link :)
dailydriver is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 11:29   #33
BHPian

More power to us!

Can someone post the web link for the article as well?
yogesh.8984 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 11:29   #34
BHPian

Real proud moment for all of us! Kudos to the moderation team. You guys do what the magazines cannot do... You give us absolutely unbiased reviews for all cars! Gonna wear my BHP T-Shirt with a bit more pride now!
DrPriyankT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 11:36   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
That member has long been banned; it was the Harish Kanchan episode from 10 years back.

We always welcome an auto firm's point of view. But they have to email it to me and I post it on behalf of them. They cannot post directly, else we'll end up with rubbish on the forum.
Completely agree that if auto firm's are allowed on the forum, we'll lose the healthy discussion and sometimes bantar.

GTO - Just out of curiousity, roughly how many times over the years have representatives of various auto firms tried to register with TBHP and were later blocked?
GrandTourer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 11:50   #36
BHPian

GTO and the admin team deserves a gala treat. Members if an admin is in your city, you can make a plan!

Love, War & Team-BHP : Economic Times Article-img_7810.jpg

Above is for the team TBHP. The picture is borrowed from another thread here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...ng-course.html (Kolkata enthusiasts attend the Low Risk Safe Driving course) Above is for the TBHP team. The picture is borrowed from another thread, apologies for the same.

Last edited by theMAG : 26th September 2018 at 23:42. Reason: Duplicated content removed.
hok kolorob is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 12:02   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post

Say (for e.g) the owner or staff for a Skoda service center or a 3rd party multi-brand garage owner or a 3M Car Center staff/owner - is s/he allowed to be on the forum? Just curious.
Some folks like this are on the forum. We know some of them and they respect the rules and confine their contribution to unconditional technical advice or stuff outside their business. Some folks, tried and were cautioned. Some folks are silent observers. The collective experience of the mods means that we can smell self promotion a mile away!
ajmat is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 12:03   #38
BHPian

Kudos to TEAM-BHP, especially to GTO and all the moderators who are working hard for this forum.
"1.5 lakh members, 2 crore plus annual visitors, 24 lakh unique visitors in August 2018, greater readership than all the car magazines combined and 42 lakh posts on 1.6 lakh topics"
This is just amazing and so satisfactory
Really proud to be a member on such amazing forum
hiren959 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 12:05   #39
Senior - BHPian

This deserves a pat on the back to the community as well as moderators.

Also goes a long way in showing that perhaps it is better to not taint & measure every aspect in life with "free-money, self-interest" capitalistic way (the way it is being touted today).
alpha1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 12:08   #40
BHPian

I normally don't pickup the Brand Equity page at all, with my morning cuppa. However, when I picked up the ET, BE page slipped out and I caught a glimpse of an unmistakably familiar Mahindra Classic!
Picked that up immediately and opened to get a very pleasant surprise!! Read the whole article in one go, without a sip from the cup!

Glad and proud to be a part of such a community!! Congratulations and a sincere thanks to GTO, Founders and all the Moderators, both past and present, this is very well deserved!
avinash_m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 12:17   #41
Senior - BHPian

I was just reading ET and came across this article. I logged on to team-bhp to share and the thread was already their .

On this note, I would like to share how influential team bhp has become. I wanted to share it on my Baleno's ownership thread updating my car's 3rd service details but I guess this is a much better place to share it. You will be surprised to know that manufacturers are going through team bhp threads very closely.

I recently opened a thread about an issue I was facing with my Baleno (regarding a sound that the service centre people were not able to diagnose).

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ue-baleno.html (Nexa Motorcraft unable to diagnose noise issue in Baleno)

Within a couple of hours, the issue was escalated by Maruti itself and the GM of service department called me up and highlighted that he has received my complaint from team-bhp reported to him by Maruti Nexa! What all I did was explained my problem and gave the customer complaint reference number in the thread with no intention of making an actual complaint to Maruti! The service centre expediated the resolution and problems were promptly fixed. I will discuss the problems and the resolutions in my car's ownership thread.

It was my first experience in this regard and I am very happy to be part of this community. Will be 8 long years in coming January since I joined Team-BHP! How time flies.

It is also good to see when you are good at what you are doing, the dynamic nature of apps, tabs, e-magazines etc have not affected Team-BHP in any way. Keeping things simple has assured the community's success as a credible forum.

Good to see our community shining.

Last edited by bluevolt : 26th September 2018 at 12:19.
bluevolt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 12:21   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

I just realised its been close to a decade, where all my devices, all browsers have team bhp as a bookmark, and most importantly, out of the 10 years, maybe only a hand full of days I have not logged in. And I know it's not only me but thousands of members who do the same thing, many of them longer than me.

I don't think even Facebook/mainstream social media can say that! And for a forum/website which has achieved that is no small feat!.

Congrats on making to the print media, I hope many more records are made and broken, and many more wars are won. And, most importantly, the let the love for cars be timeless.
dhanushs is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 12:40   #43
BHPian

Kudos to GTO and other moderators for this feat and recognition by the main line media. Slowly it has become one and only trusted site where one can get a unbiased review of any car of any make. I have seen people going through the TBHP reviews before deciding any car to purchase, which is the case for me also.

Once again congratulations to GTO for giving us this lovely gift to all gearheads.

Keep revving.

Thanks,

Subrata
Max63 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 12:41   #44
BHPian

Congrats GTO, moderators and all members for making this forum an unbiased and "definitive" one , which one could refer to get first-hand authentic information about automobiles (perhaps more detailed/exhaustive than the companies' own manuals & tech-specs section) plus all other tech paraphernalia/travelogues/advises et al. And there's a quaint charm about one of the features of the forum as also mentioned in the ET article : it looks more laid back and web 1.0'-ish than modern, but I for one just love it this way!

You're all doing a wonderful job, keep the same tempo going and never compromise on the quality & rule-book!
KrisTvpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 12:46   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
In today's Economic Times - Brand Equity section
Haha, I was reading the paper on my way to work and shared a snap with the WhatsApp group that I am part of. Now I login and see this thread

Congratulations to GTO and all the Mods here who have kept by the rules. The members too deserve the applauds for keeping the decorum as expected

More rewards to come in the future.
sunilch is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks