Team-BHP > Announcements
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2018, 22:05   #91
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations to GTO, Founding members, Moderators and the whole team.

What really stood out for me in this Economic Times article was that we as a forum were not written up for being financially successful but for our INTEGRITY . That for me is the greatest success of this forum. :Clap

I do really feel honoured to be a part of this great forum.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 22:37   #92
Senior - BHPian

Re: Love, War & Team-BHP : Economic Times Article

Heartiest congratulations. Since 2008, not a single day has passed without reading team-bhp. Extremely informative forum. Keep it up guys.
tushky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 23:13   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats TeamBhp, GTO & all the contributors. Its really a team effort and everyone behind the scene deserves an applaud.

The way moderators scrutinise each & every post and takes action if anything goes wrong is really commendable. The effort has really paid off over the years.

Its commendable from the part of Team-Bhp to stay at the top consistently over the years. Many automobile sites came up in between and perished. The honesty and integrity maintained by Team-Bhp has lead to this super success.
Samba is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 23:19   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
I had read about automakers not allowed to advertise in TBHP somewhere in the forum and how ads are monitored and blocked. However while I was outside India I could see ads from automakers of their portfolio. Attaching a few screenshots.

Not an expert on Google adsense, but probably the geo-location based filters might need some tweaks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dileepcm View Post

On the advertisement note, I came across the attached ad just now while reading this thread. I am on my mobile, location is Netherlands if that adds any value.

Attachment 1802390
You won't see ads from India. International ads as you pointed are geo location based and hence not censored out.

We are after all Indian automotive website.
Vid6639 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 00:15   #95
BANNED

TeamBhp or to be specific TeamBhpians are a class apart from the rest.

While the guys on other forums be discussing about ricer mods and cosmetic add-ons the people here give you an in-depth understanding of how an automobile works, take my case for instance.

Two weeks ago the only reason I'd be cracking the bonnet would be to refill wiper fluid, and now they have educated me enough to carry out my own ignition component replacements and periodic engine maintenance.

Cheers to you all and do keep on redlining the automotive scene in India.

A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 04:51   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post

Two weeks ago the only reason I'd be cracking the bonnet would be to refill wiper fluid, and now they have educated me enough to carry out my own ignition component replacements and periodic engine maintenance.
A.P.
I am sure you must have meant 2 decades ago, not 2 weeks!!

On the main topic, great to see the news. It only goes to say that ET is probably not a bad newspaper . The fact that TBHP is a huge information database, clean, searchable, highly moderated (which is good) was always known. That ET chose to report it only goes to show that ET is also trying to side with the good guys!!!
deep_bang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 05:03   #97
BHPian

There is a lot opinion/management speak of how survival of the fittest is the only way things work; how one has to embrace the tide and ride the wave; etc to make a business work.

Here is a management lesson in how to keep INTEGRITY at the soul of the business philosophy, adorn it with TRUTH, embellish it with HONESTY, grow it with collective knowledge, where everyone feels a part of the business. This is tembhp for you, me and all of us. Let us pause and think how many big, medium, small businesses can have their practice philosophy set in stone and adhered to as away of life and as a prayer.

Teambhp long ago did what others did not want to do, so that it does today what others can't.

A business management and life management lesson if one truly examines it.

God Bless Rush Parekh, all the Mods, members contributing to the vast repository of knowledge and what a legacy you are leaving for time to come!!
Doc Maanava is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 05:33   #98
BHPian

This is awesome. Really surprised to see print doing a good job on covering Team BHP. This forum has helped me with my vehicle choices and ownership over 10 years and still helping me fix my mind on the next car. Thank you GTO (nice to have a face to the name that I have been seeing over a decade), mods and members for ensuring the neutrality and enforcement of rules. This has kept the place sane and off all the rubbish that exist in the automobile reviews. I love the T-logues. Helps me plan my dream which should happen soon after the next car upgrade.
Pranava VS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 06:57   #99
BHPian

It was heartening to see mainstream media acknowledging the existence of TBHP, something they have been avoiding all these years.

The Founders, Mods – perhaps you do not realize the greatness of what you are doing. In this era of paid media, biases, slander and yellow-journalism – you guys give hope, and helps to restore the faith!

All I can do, is to Thank You!

Last edited by GS300 : 27th September 2018 at 07:00.
GS300 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 07:39   #100
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
I am sure you must have meant 2 decades ago, not 2 weeks!!
2 Weeks it is, I myself am just a bit over 2 decades old.
ashwinprakas is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 07:50   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
2 Weeks it is, I myself am just a bit over 2 decades old.
That's great to know.
On a parallel thought shouldn't we have a TBHP University? We could actually have guest lecturers (bhpians themselves) who teach auto stuff and people could actually benefit from the same!!!
deep_bang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 08:01   #102
BHPian

Congratulations GTO and team.
Impossible to achieve this without your enormous efforts and commitment towards the community.

Last edited by roby_dk : 27th September 2018 at 08:03. Reason: Added smiley
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 08:32   #103
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
However while I was outside India I could see ads from automakers of their portfolio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dileepcm View Post
On the advertisement note, I came across the attached ad just now while reading this thread. I am on my mobile, location is Netherlands if that adds any value.
Just to add to Viddy's clarification:

1. An overwhelming majority of our traffic is from India. Hence, we focus on blocking Indian car manufacturers only.

2. Google Adsense has a limit on the number of urls (ads) that can be blocked. We'd rather conserve that resource for Indian car ads.

3. Effort: Don't want a BHPian from Netherlands sending us 100 ads to block when Netherlands doesn't even account for 0.1% of our traffic.

4. No question of conflict of interest as we don't go abroad and review international models that aren't on sale in India.
GTO is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 09:00   #104
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations to the entire community. Like the article says, for a non branded community to garner this level of recognition in a frontline media publication is indicative of the quality of the forum, the good work that the moderators have been doing and of course, the quality of participation of the members.

Such a wealth of information available on a single Indian forum about not only automobiles, but most other things under the sun, is fairly difficult to come by. Really commendable achievement.

Onwards and upwards!!
arindambasu13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 09:02   #105
BHPian

Wow!

That's a badass picture of GTO straddling the automotive landscape.

Passion + Commitment to Excellence + Hard Work + Dedication + Integrity + Honesty + Courage + No Compromises = The AWESOMENESS that is TEAM BHP

It is easy to say no to money/freebies when they are in small amounts - but to retain the commitment to members and keep away the millions, is a task that very very few people/institutions that I know, live up to.

To me TEAM BHP is now an Indian institution, that is built on the foundation laid by a very very hard working team and the enthusiasm of its members, who implicitly trust what they see and read on the forum.

Someday all automotive websites will be this way!
Redline6800 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks