Team-BHP > Announcements
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2018, 15:02   #121
BHPian

Re: Love, War & Team-BHP : Economic Times Article

Congrats and wonderful to see the article about Team-BHP in one of the main stream media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
This is the most innovative intended use of forum membership that I have come across! The success or otherwise of the usage will however depend on whether the prospective employer has ever applied for membership and failed; or not .
Like someone said earlier, whenever my wife tried to compare me with my friends and say useless, I used to say I was able to join the forum whereas the same friends failed.
jpcoolguy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 15:25   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Minchingu View Post
Hightime that I update my resume with a special skill as "Member of Team-BHP forum"!
Already have beat you to it And must say it has served me well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
This is the most innovative intended use of forum membership that I have come across! The success or otherwise of the usage will however depend on whether the prospective employer has ever applied for membership and failed; or not .
Well, in my case it was definitely for the good as all the colleagues in my office are Team-BHP members.

Love, War & Team-BHP : Economic Times Article-screen-shot-20180927-3.24.52-pm.png

Last edited by navin : 28th September 2018 at 16:58.
blackwasp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 15:59   #123
BHPian

Superb !! Thanks to the founder(s), moderators, members to keep this forum young, strong and unbiased.... Proud to be part of it
trtraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 17:01   #124
BHPian

It feels excited to read the article about our Forum. The unbiased, uncluttered and to-the-point styled contents are really unmatchable by any other mainstream forums where marketing and favoritism play a key role. I would often wonder how Team-BHP sustains with very little or no commercialization. Salute to GTO, moderators and members for maintaining the high standards and wish you good luck for continued success!
madmaxvistian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 17:08   #125
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on keeping this sacred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Love for cars, war with any brand that tries to mess with our content. We have had probably 50 wars publicly on the forum, and I've had perhaps 500 wars offline defending our content and its authenticity.
Wouldnt mind a read on the sort of offline wars your fighting..
maybe you can post a few with the automaker's identity blacked out?

Last edited by Hatari : 27th September 2018 at 17:10.
Hatari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 19:43   #126
BHPian

Congratulations! GTO and all Team-BHPians, this is indeed a great achievement, the moment I read this article, took me no time to realize why the entry to the forum is so strict, it ensures that all the paid and unnecessary elements are kept out. Keep up the good work team!
Nikhil Paradkar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 20:32   #127
BHPian

Team bhp - credibility 100%. My go to source for everything auto. Keep up the great work guys.
daniel990 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 09:19   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

This is wonderful news and congratulations to GTO! Gotta love that pic.

@Smartcat - your graphic just hits it right out of the park. Fabulous!

Kudos to GTO, the Mods and every D/S/T-BHPian for consistent high quality contributions to this wonderful forum and elevating it to a level where not even national level newspapers can stay away.

To give you an example for what this forum means to me - as some of you will notice I complete 10 years of T-BHP membership next month on 27th Oct 2018. This is the ONLY, yes ONLY forum that has had me hooked for all these years. It is my go to site for automobile news, reviews (I strictly avoid commercial auto magazines), DIYs, solutions, heck even friendship, bonding and camaraderie.

I bought a T-BHP jacket and it finds a pride of place in my wardrobe. My car's only sticker - you guessed it, the T-BHP "Drive Safe" sticker

Yeah. I am proud of being a member here and make it a point to encourage others to sign up, that is if they make the cut and impress the Mods enough to approve their membership. I know of a few who were rejected and dejected. But tell them; hey! Never give up you know, if you love cars a T-BHP membership is worth it.

Last edited by R2D2 : 28th September 2018 at 09:23. Reason: typos and removed extra smiley :)
R2D2 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 09:38   #129
BHPian

Thats really good article mentioning the worthiness of our beloved web site.
Kudos to all Team-BHPians.
Atleast now, all auto makers understand the strength of us and knwo what we can do. Keep rocking guys.
coolmind is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 10:23   #130
BHPian

That's great. Hearty congrats to GTO, all the mods and team! Wishing many more recognition and accolades.

Also hoping the awareness, safety and other very useful topics discussed here, solutions obtained reaches more people.
Nempuguru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 12:35   #131
BHPian

Congrats Team-BHP and GTO!

GTO - You look Dashing with your steeds.

While I do agree that Team-BHP has immense quality and honest content, I believe that we should start focusing on the new video reviews that are becoming popular with connected smart TVs/ handhelds. I believe that time has come for us to have a short ( atmost 20 mins) video reviews based on the Official Team BHP review of the CARs, to be shot in HD and compatible with the VR sets. This will keep us more relevant in near future. We can look at having a channel on Youtube which members can subscribe on.

All the Best and keep it up.

Thanks
Manish ( Proud Passive member since 2009)
MaNishi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 12:37   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks guys!

Love for cars, war with any brand that tries to mess with our content. We have had probably 50 wars publicly on the forum, and I've had perhaps 500 wars offline defending our content and its authenticity.

I would change that to "the forum will not exist without the cars". We are dependent on the auto makers for nothing. Neither do they pay our bills (as we've blocked car ads), nor are we dependent on them for media cars (we are fully capable of sourcing them ourselves).

Here's the original pic used in the article. With my two favourite steeds...
Attachment 1802201
Hats off. GTO has interacted with me at 'official' test drives with a couple of brands that I have served. But the moment he knew my TeamBHP handle he served me a notice not to comment on my own brand's discussion forum.

To be fair, knowing the intent of the 'founding fathers' I'd anyways followed the credo in letter and spirit. Being an automotive company employee I do not comment on my own brand related discussions. And it certainly is not in good spirit to comment on the competition.

So I am restricted to opine on higher matters of worldly wisdom but hey I am not complaining! Love the site and the lively discussions. Love its independence and non-alignment. The only other site that comes close IMHO is the Lonely Planet Thorn Tree!

More power to you TeamBHP!!
Ferruccio is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 13:35   #133
BHPian

Heartiest congratulations to all the BHPians.
Its a great effort. The level of moderation is commendable.
This is just a step further. There's no looking back.

Hats Off !!!
bhavukjain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 13:44   #134
BHPian

One of the most authentic reporting from Times group. I must congratulate and appreciate GTO and the moderators for setting and maintaining this true auto lovers forum. For the last nine years, this forum has become part of my life (my family also knows), for the forums,travelogues and many more interesting topics.Bravo and keep rocking
bullock-Car is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 15:51   #135
BHPian

Good article..well written.
Proud to see our forum is featured in ET.
We are indeed a force to be reckoned with!
Congratulations to all Team-BHP moderators & members.
iVento is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks