Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2018, 10:18   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Love, War & Team-BHP : Economic Times Article

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
Is that true? I remember the Skoda threads where a company representative was defending Skoda and narrating their side of the story?
That member has long been banned; it was the Harish Kanchan episode from 10 years back.

We always welcome an auto firm's point of view. But they have to email it to me and I post it on behalf of them. They cannot post directly, else we'll end up with rubbish on the forum.
GTO is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 10:21   #17
BHPian

Congratulations GTO and all Team-BHP members for well-deserved appreciation! The biggest achievement of Team-BHP has to be staying unbiased over all these years. I am sure there must be tempting offers from car makers, publications, media houses pouring in everyday. It takes very high level of dedication to stay true to the cause. We have had several examples of communities / forums / youtube channels in India which started out as unbiased group of enthusiasts but all fell to temptations and lost their way. Team-BHP is a shining beacon amidst all and reminder that unbiased communities can put up a fight and can have a strong voice.
ksameer1234 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 10:23   #18
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations to Rush / The Moderator Team / DBHPians / and ofcourse all the Teambhpians - this article makes us all proud.

2 of the best practices of Team-BHP that the article covered - (1) Auto manufacturers not allowed and (2) Stringent rules.

I have also received a lot of feedback on the stringent rules on Team-BHP -right from getting into it (Entry) and getting out of it (Ban) and the journey through it. Its there for a reason and that's what us what we are today.

Thank you Team-BHP team for giving us such an amazing platform.

Heres another article : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...w-article.html (Team BHP in London Local Media - UPDATED NOW WITH ARTICLE)

Last edited by v12 : 26th September 2018 at 10:27.
v12 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 10:24   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations to the team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
We always welcome an auto firm's point of view. But they have to email it to me and I post it on behalf of them. They cannot post directly, else we'll end up with rubbish on the forum.
Does this rule apply to ancillary industries and related firms? I believe there are/might be a few garage owners and auto-industry related firm owners & staff who are members of the forum. Considering the breadth of the forum touches a lot more than just automobile firm products; what's the view on this?

Say (for e.g) the owner or staff for a Skoda service center or a 3rd party multi-brand garage owner or a 3M Car Center staff/owner - is s/he allowed to be on the forum? Just curious.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 26th September 2018 at 10:28.
ninjatalli is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 10:24   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Great start to the day. And congratulations Team-BHP. You deserve every single word of praise there. Congratulations and special thanks to the moderators for taking TBHP to the pedestal it is standing on today.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 10:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

Excerpts from the ET article
“One of the most interesting things I’ve seen all over the country is people buying Team-BHP stickers and putting them up on their cars. For a nonbrand community, that’s a truly remarkable thing in India.”
Unquote
Adding that the Team Bhp sticker "Live to Drive" is definitely the most copied one around.
Proud.
rajeev k is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 10:35   #22
BHPian

Congratulations Team-BHP. Truly commendable to have stayed unbiased and stringent on the quality of content.
The forum has been my one-stop shop for anything related to automobiles.
spanner777 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 10:38   #23
BHPian

This is great. Kudos to GTO and the team for making team-bhp what it is today.

This article resonates with every single fundamental that teambhp stands on. And not having manufacturer presence or bias is the biggest of them. Proud to be a part of such a valued and impartial forum.
ferrarirules is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 10:42   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Congratulations to the team!

Does this rule apply to ancillary industries and related firms? I believe there are/might be a few garage owners and auto-industry related firm owners & staff who are members of the forum. Considering the breadth of the forum touches a lot more than just automobile firm products; what's the view on this?

Say (for e.g) the owner or staff for a Skoda service center or a 3rd party multi-brand garage owner or a 3M Car Center staff/owner - is s/he allowed to be on the forum? Just curious.
Talk about stringent!!
I was hooked to the site around 2005. It took me a decade and some loose change to get in though.....
I am sure it had nothing to do with the fact that I was working for economic times (equity research) at the time of my first couple of tries.....
Ravi Parwan is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 10:43   #25
BHPian

I am surprised with the accuracy of the reporting in the above article. I never thought accurate reporting possible in this day and age.

Rules and mods are what makes our forum so special. Not taking advertisement money from auto-makers provides the independence and courage required for unbiased opinions. I admire the mods for not only sticking to the rules, but also backing down when they have been made aware of their perceived mistakes. (Show me a leader who is always right and I will show you a leader who is a dictator.)

My best wishes for this forum and may we continue like this.
ashlil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 10:43   #26
BHPian

Quote:
In today's Economic Times - Brand Equity section:
He signs off, “One of the most interesting things I’ve seen all over the country is people buying Team-BHP stickers and putting them up on their cars. For a nonbrand community, that’s a truly remarkable thing in India.”
Very very true. The cities where I drive - Mumbai and Bangalore, hardly a day passes which goes by without spotting the sticker .
akbaree is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 10:44   #27
BHPian

Congrats GTO for maintaining this forum in the most impartial way.Moment of pride for all team-bhpians.
shebin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 10:51   #28
BHPian

Congratulations to GTO & all members of TeamBHP. The authenticity of the forum is a testament in itself, the list of great qualities this forum embodies is like the bill of a shopaholic .
Venkat_Figo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 11:01   #29
BHPian

Quote:
In today's Economic Times - Brand Equity section:

Great article.! Just to point out, I have recently started seeing Ads of Isuzu on the top banner. Have a screenshot somewhere I cant find right now. Will post once I find it (or may be I will see the Ad sooner on homepage)

P.S.The camber of front left tyre of your jeep looks offset (or maybe is just the picture angle)
purohitanuj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 11:18   #30
BHPian

Congratulations to the mods! That is one bad ass pic GTO . The article has described the scale and the influence of the forum well. What the author seems to have failed to realize/capture in the article is the camaraderie that exists, the warmth extended to newbies like myself so we don't feel intimidated, and the civility in discussions even when there may be disagreements. It is this sense of "family" that encourages members to discuss everything from their pets to their cars. Cheers.
Iyencar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks