Team-BHP > Announcements
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2019, 17:10   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Celebrating 15 years of doing it DIFFERENTLY : Happy Birthday, Team-BHP!

Happy 15th birthday to this awesome forum!! Honestly, if you check my browsing habits over the last 11 years, 80% of it would be on this forum!

Thanks to team-bhp, I could benefit immensely on many things, some of which are listed below:

What car to buy within a certain budget.

What are the known niggles and long-term issues.

Route check for popular destinations, including road updates.

Places to stay in most tourist destinations, and what to see.

Which fuel bunks are reliable, and which ones to avoid.

What are the best joints for fuel and bio-breaks on highways, not to mention food options.

Traffic updates in Bangalore and Hyderabad.

Which AC, washing machine or water filter to buy.

What are the options for tyre and light upgrades.

What are the options for remaps.

How to get a fitness certificate after the car completes 15 years.

How to renew a DL after age 50.

Passport reissue process.

The list is endless. The best part of being on this forum is that I know i am not alone in any corner of this country. And the icing on the cake is the fantastic camaraderie we have among bhpians in Hyderabad, some of whom are half my age!
vnabhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 17:13   #182
BHPian

Happy 15th birthday Team-BHP. Kudos on the achievement.

I can't possibly write anything new than what has been already written or said before. So, I will acknowledge my gratitude and special thanks to this wonderful forum for continuing to educate countless novices like me about the automotive world.
R4m4kr15hn4n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 17:13   #183
BHPian

The benchmark set by Team-BHP is so high , no one is going to reach near its reputation sooner or later.

A big thank you for all the founding members and the core team.

Cheers to all members and Happy Birthday once again!!!
born2drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 17:18   #184
BHPian

Happy Birthday Team BHP The timing of this thread going live is called attention to detail. I just love these Small yet significant things in cars and also here in TBHP

Celebrating 15 years of doing it DIFFERENTLY : Happy Birthday, Team-BHP!-tbh2.jpg
Moto_Hill is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 17:21   #185
Team-BHP Support

Wow, already in 13th page. I got around to reading this thread only now.

Yes, Team-BHP has been part of my life for over 14 years now. I joined in the first year, after reading GTO's review of Fiat Petra. Notice how that review has only one photo, that too from the brochure.

But my what car thread took an expected turn when everyone convinced me to buy Maruti Baleno instead. It is still in the TBHP family, I drove it last month in Mangalore.

I have a writing itch. But I don't know enough about cars, my knowledge is quite patchy. So I write about anything and everything. Team-BHP lets me scratch my itch in a clean environment, but with healthy opposition. Every idea gets challenged, forcing me to do better in the next post. This interaction has helped me immensely.

About 90% of my current friend circle emerged out of Team-BHP. That is kind of crazy, but I don't think long time BHPians would be surprised by this. Facebook may have redefined the word friend, but Team-BHP friendships still mean what it meant before social media. This is the only forum I know, whose members are actually interested to meet each other in person, and become friends in real life.

Last edited by Samurai : 14th February 2019 at 17:44.
Samurai is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 17:22   #186
BHPian

Happy Birthday to the enlightening forum. Keep up the good work.
w8763 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 17:27   #187
BHPian

Happy Birthday to TEAM-BHP.

I am proud, vintage, silent member of this great community. I take every possible opportunity to market this great forum at every possible stage.
Big thanks to all Mods and seniors who make this forum what it is today.
Cheers,
Vineet
vineet1712 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 17:34   #188
BHPian

15 years of roaring success is no small feat ! If team-bhp were listed, I believe my investments would have returned many times over. Kudos team-bhp ! BTW 14th Feb.. GTO you really must be in love with automobiles & this community, am sure the date wasn't chosen ad-hoc ! :-)
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 17:42   #189
BHPian

Wishing Team-BHP a Happy 15th Birthday and many more to come. Congratulation to GTO and Team-Bhp team. It's not an easy task to maintain a forum like this.

I don't remember when I first visited Team-bhp and how did I hear about it. Most likely it was via a google search more than 10 years back. But now, I cannot imagine a life without team-bhp. In today's world, there is hardly any website including most of the news publication on which one can rely on. Team-bhp stands out and is probably the only forum/site where one can find genuine information about anything under the sun including cars of course.
Wish the Team-bhp team a great weekend. A weekend trip well earned.
amit1agrawal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 18:07   #190
BHPian

Happy Happy Birthday to all of us at Team-BHP!!
rishi_kapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 18:08   #191
Senior - BHPian

Happy Birthday Team!!
It is wonderful how a forum that was about frankest opinions about cars has resulted in becoming a forum that you can bank upon when it comes to advice on almost anything under the sky.

The members do deserve a pat but more importantly the Mods who have ensured that the Forum stays true to its spirit.

So this 15th Birthday should be a toast for all involved in keeping the gears of this wonderful forum running. Kudos to you Guys!

And cheers for all of us!!
vibbs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 18:09   #192

Congratulations on completing 15 years, Team-BHP! It feels like you have always been around, not just for 15 years. I have personally gained a lot of insight from the reviews of cars on this forum. I have enjoyed some very well written posts, which are like automotive literature. This forum is a big part of my automotive experience. Thanks a lot, and more power to you!
turboverbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 18:14   #193
BHPian

Happy' Birthday TEAM-BHP and wish you many more to come!

Today Team-BHP earned it's place of distinction on it's own strength and commitment.

Viva La Vida Team-BHP!

Last edited by Subby : 14th February 2019 at 18:19.
Subby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 18:20   #194
BHPian

In a hurry i just typed the greetings earlier but let me share my perspective of the forum.

Except my passion for automobiles I had zilch knowledge about them. The forum has been my college and I am graduating every year with the wealth of information posted by everybody.

Here's for many many more birthdays to our wonderful Team-bhp.

Proud to be a part of this cult.
Abhi_abarth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 18:21   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Wow, already in 13th page. I got around to reading this thread only now. ...
Same for me! I apologise to all for having skipped twelve pages before adding my wishes.

Happy Birthday to the great Team-BHP. Ive been with Team-BHP now for 11.5 of those years. Or rather, I feel that Team-BHP has been with me for that time. I moved to India in 2005, and it took me a whole year to pluck up courage to drive here. I wish I had discovered Team-BHP a bit sooner. I'm sure, for one thing, that I would have been saved from the truly dreadful specimen of a used Indica!

But Team-BHP has walked with me through my Maruti-Swift days, and into my VW-Polo days. It will be with me, I'm sure, long after I get to old to drive! Go-to reference, of course for cars, but for many other subjects, and, of course, for... being with friends.

Honestly (Blush, Blush) I don't feel that I know much about cars! Especially not about different vehicles of the present day. I'm a bit of fanboy for my vehicle: it is my second Polo. I'm keeping my fingers crossed to get ten years out of it, by which time 80 years of age will be looming, and I should probably be retiring from hands-on driving. Where my enthusiasm lies is for safety on the road, and for consumer rights and wrongs. Although I'll always have an eye for the next VW news (and sometimes a sigh of frustration too).

Often feel like I continually repeat certain basic road-safety stuff. But hey, that is something that we should simply never give up on. Team-BHPers do learn; Team-BHPers do try to make a better world out there on the road. And sure, that includes me: My car has the marks to prove it.

Thad E Ginathom is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks