Team-BHP > Announcements

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2019, 20:45   #301
BHPian

Re: Celebrating 15 years of doing it DIFFERENTLY : Happy Birthday, Team-BHP!

Way to go Team! Wishing everyone decades of happy Team-BHP!!
cosmic_ocean is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 22:12   #302
Senior - BHPian

Happy 15th Birthday and many more to come.
Cheers to everyone contributing here.
Cheers to a fantastic Indian automotive forum.

Best wishes to all.
jaysmokesleaves is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 11:16   #303
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow - 15 years!! And am proud to have associated with this forum for 10 years now. Is team-bhp a BIG source of information about cars - Yes!! How about something beyond cars? Below is an indication of the knowledgebase of the forum. I did a search for finding a way to clean my Jopasu car duster and see what result did I get on the top of the page!

Celebrating 15 years of doing it DIFFERENTLY : Happy Birthday, Team-BHP!-jopasu.jpg

Even more interesting when I saw the below displayed on the LCD screen in one of the Chennai highways (please zoom the pic to see the display).

Celebrating 15 years of doing it DIFFERENTLY : Happy Birthday, Team-BHP!-ltd.jpg

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 13th March 2019 at 11:17.
swiftnfurious is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 16th March 2019, 13:14   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

Damn, I just realised that I too have been on TBHP for 15 years now. Being an early adopter, I came in 2 months into it's inception. Hence I feel a proud part of this legacy.

I joined TBHP when I was studying my freshman/sophomore year of my undergrad in the US. TBHP was a BIG help to drive away my homesickness, it made me feel connected to India. Thus, I think I logged on every hour initially even though activity levels were low with just few of us members active back in 2004.
Over the years the TBHP family has grown and this virtual family we have created is my sounding board for any automative advice, frustration venting or gratification. I am not one for social media gratification but I'd be lying if I say TBHP "Thanks" and Comments don't matter to me. There have been times, I have posted pictures on TBHP of a new car I have bought before I have even shown it to my closest friends.

TBHP has also been a vent box for me when I have had frustrating experiences with car companies. In my case, mainly Skoda! Lashing out at Skoda here has been very therapeutic.

This forum also help build aspirations and gratitude, when I see TBHPian's who owned relatively cheap cars buying their dream cars, it gives me a sense of pride even though I don't personally know them.
I remember one such case a BHPian who owned a Hyundai Getz jumped straight to buying the first E92 M3 in India back in 2007. His posts, report and buying experience had me as excited as him. It also created a desire in me to get myself a v8 coupe in the near future. While i bought the E60 525d in 2007, I went ahead and got myself a RS5 in 2013.

TBHP is not just a forum for me, can't find the right words but it's much more. And no this is not an ad and GTO hasn't paid me anything for it

Last edited by Sahil : 16th March 2019 at 13:16.
Sahil is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 16th March 2019, 18:48   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
TBHP was a BIG help to drive away my homesickness, it made me feel connected to India.
TBHP is not just a forum for me, can't find the right words but it's much more.
You put it so well. I am the anti-thesis of the social media wanderer - no FB, no Twitter and no Instagram only T-BHP. There is a quality of seriousness and standards at T-BHP that make it a pleasant place to hang around at. The Moderators and GTO deserve the credit for maintaining standards and insisting on worthwhile posts and none of the social media slang and shoddy language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Damn, I just realised that I too have been on TBHP for 15 years now. Being an early adopter, I came in 2 months into it's inception.
Sahil, We are nominating you for a long service 15 year award - an HMT watch.
V.Narayan is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 16th March 2019, 20:56   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post

Sahil, We are nominating you for a long service 15 year award - an HMT watch.
I’m not the only one, there are a few 100 others joined in fairly early. But if you must send a watch then better be a tourbillon

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th April 2019 at 13:00. Reason: tourbillion > tourbillon.
Sahil is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th March 2019, 08:57   #307
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I joined TBHP when I was studying my freshman/sophomore year of my undergrad in the US. TBHP was a BIG help to drive away my homesickness, it made me feel connected to India. Thus, I think I logged on every hour initially even though activity levels were low with just few of us members active back in 2004.
Believe it or not, I used to keep googling for "Indian car forum" when I was in Boston (2001 - 2003). I was a regular reader of the S2KI forums, M5 board & BenzWorld and would always wonder why the heck there were no good forums on Indian cars. I seriously had no clue that I would later create one, then run it for 15 years (and counting).

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
We are nominating you for a long service 15 year award - an HMT watch.
GTO is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 16:37   #308
Senior - BHPian

Happy 15years TBHP!

This forum has inculcated habit of documenting experiences in a detailed manner, in last 13+ years have come across/read many travelogues/ownership experiences where the experience/moments were so beautifully captured in words and pictures, which engaged the reader completely and made them part of that experience.

Am thankful to TBHP for giving a platform to such great content!
lohithrao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 16:24   #309
BHPian

Hearty Wishes Team-BHP!

Special thanks to all the moderators and the contributors for its quality content.

I owe a lot to this forum.
Nimalan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 10:21   #310

Awesome Guys, congratulations... keep rocking
ScorpioRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 19:31   #311
Senior - BHPian

Happy Birthday Team-Bhp.

I wanted to post here long back but kept on postponing.

But now I have to say that I am very Proud to be a member of this Superb Forum.
I learnt many new things as time passed by through this Community.
The Official Reviews, the Travelogue Section, Technical Stuff, Shifting Gears, DIYs, and Many Other Sub-Forums keep me engaged on the move and keep pouring More Knowledge in my mind.

Thank you Team-Bhp, Moderators, and also Fellow Team-Bhpians.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 4th April 2019 at 19:32.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 12:38   #312
BANNED

Being a newbie, I hope to contribute more to the forum. Late but still wish to say Happy birthday to the forum. It is not just about a forum but also the big family for many Auto lovers. Hope the path ahead will come with many more achievements!
IndianAutoEnthu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2019, 17:21   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

This is the first time I saw a TV ad (for the Mahindra Marazzo) highlighting T-BHP's COTY award

Celebrating 15 years of doing it DIFFERENTLY : Happy Birthday, Team-BHP!-tv-ad.jpg

Last edited by benbsb29 : 8th April 2019 at 09:21. Reason: Edited pic as requested.
R2D2 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 12:24   #314
Senior - BHPian

Well, well... as they say, time flies and how true they are!

GTO's post took me back 15 years in time when I was on the lookout for a well-maintained used M&M Classic and my web-crawling brought me to this forum. I am sure GTO remembers the incessant bugging that I subjected him to, with my relentless phone calls, requesting for pointers to good specimens of the Classic, he being (and still is) a proud owner of one! While I did manage to get one the same year, the blessing in disguise was the fact that my passion about Jeeps (and automobiles in general) earned me a TBHP-ian badge and there has been no looking back since!

Having joined TBHP in the inception year itself, I would like to share my (crisp) perspective on why I simply love this forum and why isn't there a single day when I do not open at least one thread and why do 90% of my browser's bookmarks point to a TBHP page
  • The people! TBHP-ians are the most wonderful people I have come across in recent times - truthful and genuine, something which is a rarity in today's world! I can blindly trust a review/input/suggestion made by a TBHP member, either on the form or off it.
  • The quality! It is topnotch - period! The awesome job done by the mods to maintain the forum is nothing less than commendable. Hats off! Any kind of unwarranted behavior/content is handled gracefully and promptly! The car reviews posted here will give any top auto-mag a run for its money any day
  • The knowledge! Anything under the sun related to cars is here - with the amazing search feature, no information is too far off. For a crazy traveler like me (and most of us here), there is no better source of information on destinations - be it run of the mill ones, like Goa, or those totally unheard of, like Gandikota - covering all possible aspects like routes, stay options, what to do and see... the whole 9 yards!

I could go on and on but these 3 are the ones that take the cake for me! Wishing TBHP and all its members a wonderful 15th birthday and many more to come. May the community thrive

Last edited by cool_dube : 30th April 2019 at 12:25.
cool_dube is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 21:59   #315
BHPian

Congrats on the 15 year milestone! You do a wonderful job Team-BHP!

And I see that I completed 10 years this month with Team-BHP! :-)

I would go to an extent to say Team-BHP is the best thing to happen for car owners in India. Absolutely honest reviews, so many owners sharing their experiences for others is the best part.

If we have a web app for car buying decision making that would be really great. I created an excel spreadsheet for that with a significantly long list of parameters to consider. If that can be made into a web app, it would be useful for all car owners in India.

Last edited by Crank : 7th May 2019 at 22:03. Reason: Adding my time in Team BHP and a bit of readability :-)
Crank is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed