Go Back   Team-BHP > Team-BHP > Announcements

Old 6th March 2019, 20:45   #301

Default Re: Celebrating 15 years of doing it DIFFERENTLY : Happy Birthday, Team-BHP!

Way to go Team! Wishing everyone decades of happy Team-BHP!!
cosmic_ocean is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2019, 22:12   #302
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Celebrating 15 years of doing it DIFFERENTLY : Happy Birthday, Team-BHP!

Happy 15th Birthday and many more to come.
Cheers to everyone contributing here.
Cheers to a fantastic Indian automotive forum.

Best wishes to all.
jaysmokesleaves is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 11:16   #303
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow - 15 years!! And am proud to have associated with this forum for 10 years now. Is team-bhp a BIG source of information about cars - Yes!! How about something beyond cars? Below is an indication of the knowledgebase of the forum. I did a search for finding a way to clean my Jopasu car duster and see what result did I get on the top of the page!

Celebrating 15 years of doing it DIFFERENTLY : Happy Birthday, Team-BHP!-jopasu.jpg

Even more interesting when I saw the below displayed on the LCD screen in one of the Chennai highways (please zoom the pic to see the display).

Celebrating 15 years of doing it DIFFERENTLY : Happy Birthday, Team-BHP!-ltd.jpg

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 13th March 2019 at 11:17.
swiftnfurious is offline   (14) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2019, 13:14   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

Damn, I just realised that I too have been on TBHP for 15 years now. Being an early adopter, I came in 2 months into it's inception. Hence I feel a proud part of this legacy.

I joined TBHP when I was studying my freshman/sophomore year of my undergrad in the US. TBHP was a BIG help to drive away my homesickness, it made me feel connected to India. Thus, I think I logged on every hour initially even though activity levels were low with just few of us members active back in 2004.
Over the years the TBHP family has grown and this virtual family we have created is my sounding board for any automative advice, frustration venting or gratification. I am not one for social media gratification but I'd be lying if I say TBHP "Thanks" and Comments don't matter to me. There have been times, I have posted pictures on TBHP of a new car I have bought before I have even shown it to my closest friends.

TBHP has also been a vent box for me when I have had frustrating experiences with car companies. In my case, mainly Skoda! Lashing out at Skoda here has been very therapeutic.

This forum also help build aspirations and gratitude, when I see TBHPian's who owned relatively cheap cars buying their dream cars, it gives me a sense of pride even though I don't personally know them.
I remember one such case a BHPian who owned a Hyundai Getz jumped straight to buying the first E92 M3 in India back in 2007. His posts, report and buying experience had me as excited as him. It also created a desire in me to get myself a v8 coupe in the near future. While i bought the E60 525d in 2007, I went ahead and got myself a RS5 in 2013.

TBHP is not just a forum for me, can't find the right words but it's much more. And no this is not an ad and GTO hasn't paid me anything for it

Last edited by Sahil : 16th March 2019 at 13:16.
Sahil is offline   (17) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2019, 18:48   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
TBHP was a BIG help to drive away my homesickness, it made me feel connected to India.
TBHP is not just a forum for me, can't find the right words but it's much more.
You put it so well. I am the anti-thesis of the social media wanderer - no FB, no Twitter and no Instagram only T-BHP. There is a quality of seriousness and standards at T-BHP that make it a pleasant place to hang around at. The Moderators and GTO deserve the credit for maintaining standards and insisting on worthwhile posts and none of the social media slang and shoddy language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Damn, I just realised that I too have been on TBHP for 15 years now. Being an early adopter, I came in 2 months into it's inception.
Sahil, We are nominating you for a long service 15 year award - an HMT watch.
V.Narayan is online now   (13) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2019, 20:56   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post

Sahil, We are nominating you for a long service 15 year award - an HMT watch.
Iím not the only one, there are a few 100 others joined in fairly early. But if you must send a watch then better be a tourbillion
Sahil is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2019, 08:57   #307
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I joined TBHP when I was studying my freshman/sophomore year of my undergrad in the US. TBHP was a BIG help to drive away my homesickness, it made me feel connected to India. Thus, I think I logged on every hour initially even though activity levels were low with just few of us members active back in 2004.
Believe it or not, I used to keep googling for "Indian car forum" when I was in Boston (2001 - 2003). I was a regular reader of the S2KI forums, M5 board & BenzWorld and would always wonder why the heck there were no good forums on Indian cars. I seriously had no clue that I would later create one, then run it for 15 years (and counting).

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
We are nominating you for a long service 15 year award - an HMT watch.
GTO is offline   (14) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2019, 16:37   #308
Senior - BHPian

Happy 15years TBHP!

This forum has inculcated habit of documenting experiences in a detailed manner, in last 13+ years have come across/read many travelogues/ownership experiences where the experience/moments were so beautifully captured in words and pictures, which engaged the reader completely and made them part of that experience.

Am thankful to TBHP for giving a platform to such great content!
lohithrao is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote