Team-BHP - You know you are addicted to Team-BHP when ...
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Announcements (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/)
-   -   You know you are addicted to Team-BHP when ... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/2163-you-know-you-addicted-team-bhp-when-11.html)

You know you are done when you open the site at 5:45am after working all night long.:(

When even after working on the laptop the whole day you are still on Tbhp after returning home and forget to wish the dearest person to you on their birthday.
(And even when you do call, all you can talk bout is TBhp... hehehe)

configured TBHP website on my blackberry so "where ever I go TBHP is with me". Except on few occassions :-)

Note from Mod - hbaruas, please type in full words as per TBHP rules. ur = your, u = you, etc. Please make the necessary changes to your signature as well.

You know u r addicted to Team-BHP when ..
before your decision to by a car -> u look for reviews on team-bhp
& also on suggestions which one to go for

after buying a car -> u look for feedback on ur decision ..

thereafter when u look for mods / ice for ur car .. u again go thru the team-bhp threads ..knowing well deep within ur heart that
if u ask for suggestions for which rear speakers to go for ..
u will be suggested to go with front components as well..:)

if some one is willing to go for front and rears .. he will be suggested to get subs as well ..
& if he is willing to go with subs .. he will be suggested to go with some amp..

and u will somehow or the other be forced to increase ur budget .

I enjoy all this and much more on Team-BHP.

I used to think i had full control over myself, till i became a Team-bhp ADDICT!!!
This is one addiction/habit no one wold like to give up.:)

I have joined since June 2007 when I was looking for a car and my friend advised me to post it here and I may get the proper feedback. From that time till now, I'am totally addicted to this. Even whenever I find free time in office, home, I log on to this and read reviews. It feels nice to be here as we can express our views, get suggestions on the problems we are encountering with our vehicles, venting out anger if we had bad day at traffic:), posting our travelogues etc etc. This is like one stop shop for anything and everything.

Kudos to the founders of this forum. Great work.clap:

On a lighter note: My wife will always vent out her anger on me if I log to this in house. But I cannot help as I'am addicted to this. You guys have got any idea how to overcome this? I tried all the ways including asking her to watch the usual soaps on tv. but nothing works....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badcheetah (Post 138283)
You said it , so true .

its a NICE place what u guys have got me addicted to ......
Thanks

quite true, earlier chatting used to be very addictive for me and now it is the Team-Bhp, there is such a vast resource of information, sharing and helping out, its just great.

I was able to save out a couple of 100's by the tips provided in Team-bhp for the accessories.

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaronikar (Post 705874)
On a lighter note: My wife will always vent out her anger on me if I log to this in house. But I cannot help as I'am addicted to this. You guys have got any idea how to overcome this? I tried all the ways including asking her to watch the usual soaps on tv. but nothing works....

My wife often (read as everyday) kicks me out of the computer chair so that she can read Team-BHP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 705895)
My wife often (read as everyday) kicks me out of the computer chair so that she can read Team-BHP.

Same goes for me. Infact, once she saw me online for a long time and shut down the laptop so strongly that I feared it might have cracked! I have hence resorted to browsing TBHP on my E61i, on the pretext of sleeping, so that she doesn't notice lol:

Well uptill this point i am safe . My "would be" is in US at present and when ever we are talking online and she senses that I am not paying attention to what she is saying, comes her standard comment "Akshat, you are reading that automobile forum of yours, arent you" lol:

When you find yourself logging on in a hospital lounge while waiting for a pulmonary function test ....

O.T. pulmonary function test is what they use to check if you have asthma. turns out i dontclap:

Also, when you are sitting at the client site in US but every now and then logon to team-bhp to make sure that you don't loose touch :)

i know i am addicted to Team-BHp when i Had my homepage set to www.team-bhp.com and too @ office.. wonder when i am gonna be kicked out for the time i spend reading through the posts :)

when your cubicle neighbor asks you " Tu isme kya dekhta rehta hai re"

when you hit a "Search" on team BHP site instead of Googling for car facts

when you look for hidden/discrete messages in car magazines :)

then you know that you are addicted to team BHP

when your friends start calling you a man.....sigh