Team-BHP > Announcements
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2012, 22:28   #586
Senior - BHPian

Re: You know you are addicted to Team-BHP when ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Only to be back a few hours later, this is what its done to me!

You are not alone. In my case, the hours are minutes.

I might not post at all, but I just keep surfing.

We need to start TBHP de-addiction very soon. I have become a junkie. A TBHP junkie..
Old 1st February 2012, 00:29   #587
BHPian

I am a relatively new member of the forum but then i agree to the addiction indicators listed all along and several of them apply to me.
Its fun to be addictive.
Old 5th February 2012, 11:35   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_x97 View Post
When I just type" jeep" in address bar and go blindly to very first page suggested by Firefox.
Didn't understand (sorry). The first suggestion was jeep.com and the second one was the Wikipedia page.

I'm a newbie, but addicted. For me, its when you start opening T-bhp instead of Facebook first after you turn on your computer/laptop.
Old 5th February 2012, 14:54   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by need4speed View Post
1. You check on t-bhp first thing you wake up in the morning and last thing before you go to bed.

2. You refresh your t-bhp window every 2.5 minutes hoping that something new has been posted.

3. Find it normal to call people by names of car parts and terms.

4. keep referring to 4 year old dusty, bug-eaten car mags that you have never touched all these years to find out how many metres less the ferrari took than the porsche to get to 160 kmph. (then u feel happy that you didnt listen to your mom to remove all that extra 'raddi' from the house.)

5. Your parents tell you that if you had taken to ur studies with as much interest you look at these mags, you would be running a car company yourself.

6. Your girl friend sulks coz she finds you spending more time in front of a plain grey window with chaps who only talk abt 'that thingamummyjig turbo charger' than with her.

7. Your home page has been changed from hotbabes.com to t-bhp.com.

8. You plan to move your house, family, pets to bombay everytime a t-bhp meet is announced here.

9. You feel happy to see numbers ticking against your topic.

10. You spend time at work to come up with a stupid topic like this one.
We are so addicted! My membership got approved couple of days back, but I was a regular visitor for almost 5 years.
I got a proof of my addiction couple of weeks ago.My 3 year old son wakes up in the morning to find me glued to my laptop, he asks me whether I am on Team-Bhp.com! And are there any new truck pictures over there? He knows Team-Bhp!
Old 6th February 2012, 11:55   #590
BHPian

Team BHP addiction is accessing the forum and replying while sitting in company's induction program (yes, I'm doing it now)
Old 7th February 2012, 11:44   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
Team BHP addiction is accessing the forum and replying while sitting in company's induction program (yes, I'm doing it now)
I agree. I've just got into office and 1st thing that I have opened is TeamBHP.
While travelling, its open on my phone.
Old 7th February 2012, 12:27   #592
Senior - BHPian

I know now I am addicted to Team-BHP, because before my membership was approved I was spending approx 1 hour everyday here.

But now since my membership is approve & I can receive / send Private Messags, I log-on to Team-BHP every hour to check whether there are any new posts, Travelogues, updates, PMs, etc.

Infact my boss is now used to see Team-BHP screen on my computer, everytime he passesby.

Thanks,
Old 13th February 2012, 12:19   #593

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
Didn't understand (sorry). The first suggestion was jeep.com and the second one was the Wikipedia page.

I'm a newbie, but addicted. For me, its when you start opening T-bhp instead of Facebook first after you turn on your computer/laptop.
Well i use firefox, it automatically suggests website names from most/ previously visited websites,
In my case i just type jeep and firefox automatically suggests team-bhp links on top of others, now its more like a habit to me to just type jeep and clicking the down button once and hit enter.
Old 17th February 2012, 17:01   #594
Team-BHP Support

I actually tried to sign in to my office laptop today with my team-BHP ID and credentials , and was wondering why it was not allowing me to!
KarthikK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 13:22   #595
BHPian

...you are busy surpassing office network firewalls. not to access gmail. not access facebook (aka 'shaitan'-book). BUT to secretively keep a watch on what's cooking on TBHP forum today.
Old 27th February 2012, 13:49   #596
BHPian

Try and beat this: you start dreaming and the dreams show different threads. Happened to me tonight. Man, this is the limit!
superlux is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2012, 18:45   #597
BHPian

When your office blocks your access to Team BHP, and you are craving to read about all the latest news and discussions, you know you are addicted to it.

My network team has a strange way of blocking it. It takes the access out for a few days and the returns it. I am just so delighted when I see the access working again. Its like one of those experiments B.F. Skinner used to do with his rats, random rewards used to make the rat repeat the behavior that was expected of them.

It is afterall a rat race here in the office and the irony is that even though you win, you are still a Rat.
Old 2nd March 2012, 19:06   #598
BHPian

...you're so full of TBHP jargon that you start using it in your daily life. I tend to refer to my baby daughter's bathtime as 'detailing the baby'!
Roy.S is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2012, 19:15   #599
Senior - BHPian

Our neighbor just sent a mail regarding a issue in our apartment block and I agreed on his POV. I was looking for the Thanks button
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 15:00   #600
BHPian

I have always been an auto-mobile enthusiast.Then one day i saw the site by chance.It was a beginning of a relationship.Initially i was not approved as a member,but i was always hanging around T-BHP.It was icing on the cake when i became approved as a member.But even before that i was addicted to T-BHP.Unless some urgent work or at times when i have to stay away from internet,T-BHP is the place that i visit most!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks