Team-BHP > Announcements
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2021, 14:52   #1141
BHPian

Re: You know you are addicted to Team-BHP when ...

I have been addicted to TeamBHP for almost a decade now. But over the weekend, I dreamt about TeamBHP and I woke up with the widest grin possible. Here's what I saw:

I was in Bangalore, which was by the sea (like Mumbai). I drive to HSR layout with my in-laws by crossing the sea-link (again just like Mumbai). So I reached HSR layout and saw on the right, a huge, heavily guarded compound. It looked eerily similar to a five star hotel with high white walls decorated with yellow lamps. On one side of this compound, I saw a gate which had the Live to drive sticker next to it. Delighted, I walked to the gate. There was a video door phone there and as soon as I reached the gate, Vid6639 comes online and takes a video interview of me. He asks my identity and purpose of the visit. I mention I am a member and soon the gate opens (automatically). I walk in and to the right see a line of shops. The first shop is a chai ki tapri where a huge crowd of BHPians is having tea. I walk further and on the left is a massive ground, where people are playing cricket. In the middle of all the commotion, Vid6639 is standing, looking at me and smiling. I walk up to him and ask him what's this place? He says this is TeamBHP and everyone here is a BHPian.
I am excited to hear this and start walking around. Soon I see GTO, who is setting up the AV system for an event later in the evening. I run up to him and without any introduction, just hug him
He is stunned but doesn't react much, just continues his work. Point to note is that I am 6 feet tall and when I hugged GTO, I barely reached his ribs, so he must have been 6'8" or 6'9" at least.
Anyway, being ignored by him doesn't deter me and I start walking along the boundary wall of the compound to see which road/route I recognize, which I can use to come to this place frequently. I think I found a familiar route (but don't recall).
End of the day, I head back out, pick up my in-laws (God knows where I had left them) and drive back towards the sea-link. The overall vibe of this place was no lesser than Dubai.

Now - am I addicted to TeamBHP?

PS - I had a hard time limiting myself to just 2 smileys in this silly post.

Last edited by drive2eternity : 13th December 2021 at 14:57.
drive2eternity is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 16:48   #1142
BHPian

Ok I have a story to add here.

I've been addicted to TeamBHP for quite some time now. Even before I was a member, I used to frequent the forum. Cars and bikes are the things that truly make my eyes sparkle. While on the road, there have been often instances when I would shriek "woah woah woah" and my guy friends, expecting to find a hot beautiful lady, turn their heads only to find some bike or car on the road.

But all this while I thought my addiction was under control. I knew I crossed the limits when I woke up one day to my wife telling me that I was shouting "workshop workshop workshop" in the sleep. She apparently pacified me after which I went back to sleep. She was laughing her ass off and so was I.

I said I'll post this on TeamBHP and she rolled her eyes.
krishnakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 13:42   #1143

You realize that you are addicted to team bhp when you keep tab of team bhp always open on PC. And when you visit the site in between work also. The day starts and ends with reading team bhp posts on PC or mobile.
Kiran Joshi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 15:27   #1144
BHPian

You know you are addicted when you go ahead and order this ..

You know you are addicted to Team-BHP when ...-tbhp-sticker.png

Was too proud when I got a membership here a few months ago. Designed it on Vistaprint and placed the order today. Will update once I receive it and stick it on the car.

Last edited by chaksjr : 8th January 2022 at 15:37. Reason: Grammar
chaksjr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 16:18   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaksjr View Post

Attachment 2256113

Was too proud when I got a membership here a few months ago. Designed it on Vistaprint and placed the order today. Will update once I receive it and stick it on the car.
Wait, why are you doing this? There are official stickers provided by teambhp store. (Which in turn supports upkeep of this forum)

Edit:
Ah i get it you want something exclusive to show membership.My bad.

Last edited by SideView : 8th January 2022 at 16:25. Reason: Adding more info
SideView is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 16:28   #1146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Wait, why are you doing this? There are official stickers provided by teambhp store. (Which in turn supports upkeep of this forum)

Edit:
Ah i get it you want something exclusive to show membership.My bad.
You got the edit part right
I have ordered the full sticker set as well, infact has been delivered today, will apply tomorrow on the car. This was inspired from numerous 'Member of Parliament/Legislative council/etc' stickers we see on cars day in and day out. I DID want something to show my membership as well, since I truly believe there is no better automotive forum to be a part of.
chaksjr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 13:10   #1147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaksjr View Post

Attachment 2256113

Received the sticker and here it is stuck onto the rear hatch of my Liva.

You know you are addicted to Team-BHP when ...-20220112_071536.jpg

You know you are addicted to Team-BHP when ...-20220112_071543.jpg

Pardon the broken rear bumper, result of transport damage while being shipped from Delhi to Hosur.
chaksjr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 14:01   #1148
BHPian

For me, being addicted to Team-BHP means, wherein I can’t end my day without going through posts on Team-BHP and it acts as a stress buster during exam days .
Not to forget the pride I got while pasting Team-BHP stickers .
GautamJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 19:54   #1149
BHPian

You know you are addicted to Team BHP when you have CA exams next day and you're spending precious one hour time on Team BHP

Frankly no regrets.
Siddarth_Ramani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 21:42   #1150
Senior - BHPian

My Wife calls out to me from another room or the kitchen and I don’t respond. I haven’t heard her (seriously), then she comes right up to me, sees me with my head in my phone and says in a loud exasperated voice (assuming correctly), you are again sitting on Team BHP, I have been calling you

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 16:54   #1151
BHPian

When 8 out of 10 open tabs on your browser on the phone and the laptop are open with a Team BHP page !
rhsakarp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 08:47   #1152
BHPian

You know you’re addicted to Team-BHP when you Google the name of a car and Google tells you to search car name + Team-BHP instead.

You know you are addicted to Team-BHP when ...-ac7c6b4f8113479b9a55f28bfae46d6e.jpeg
Sanidhya mukund is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 21:40   #1153

When the entire feed in your Android phone is filled with news from Team-BHP...

You know you are addicted to Team-BHP when ...-entirenewsfeedinandroidphoneteambhp.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd March 2022 at 21:30. Reason: Image inserted in-line.
Govind is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 23:16   #1154
BHPian

2 sigs of addiction for me are -

1. Once you have posted a reply and waiting for someone to quote you or add another post. And you keep refreshing that webpage.
2. When your Wife starts taunting you saying " Saara din TeamBHP " (All day TeamBHP).
swunkjyn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 10:07   #1155
Distinguished - BHPian

When you open Team-BHP from your laptop, at a transit airport, in the middle of a hectic business trip:

You know you are addicted to Team-BHP when ...-20220413_183225.jpg
Dr.AD is online now   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks