Team-BHP > Announcements

Old 14th February 2020, 21:27   #91
BHPian

Default Re: On Team-BHP's 16th birthday, some fun & interesting trivia on our community

It was just last night that I was checking out on the forum for some business ideas that fellow BHPians had. Since it’s been few months that I have started up a fast food food service I was quiet relieved that a good number of BHPians had suggested for food business.

I’m 25 years old now, starting my journey of life and I am proud to say that Team bhp is sufficient for me since it provides me with important informations and advices from cars/bikes to business ideas as well. Heck I don’t need no facebook, Instagram or any other social networking sites (I have no accounts and I won’t need any in the future). This is the impact of team bhp on my life.

I am so proud to be a part of this wonderful forum. Thanks a ton to all the souls behind the success of this forum. I can’t contribute financially nor can I give any review with the standard of English that you guys use ( B.A drop out ) but my prayers are always with you guys and this forum. May God bless Team bhp and to all the members. Long live Team bhp.

Regards.
Tulok.
Tulok is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 22:49   #92
BHPian

Default Re: On Team-BHP's 16th birthday, some fun & interesting trivia on our community

Happy Birthday TBHP.
After seeing this post I clicked on store to check if there are any discounts and realised there will not be any such Birthday offers in TBHP
Swajith is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 22:55   #93
BHPian

Wishing Team-BHP a very happy birthday.

A few personal trivia,
  • My first blog ever was on Team-BHP
  • My longest association with a forum/community by far is with Team-BHP. No other blog comes close.
  • My ENTIRE t shirt wardrobe is from Team-BHP. I must have about 10 black tees and am sorted for life :-)

Many thanks to the mods on this fantastic forum for ferociously guarding it's quality. Hats off to you guys.

Last edited by Locomotive : 14th February 2020 at 23:15.
Locomotive is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 23:19   #94
Senior - BHPian

Happy 16th TBHP! Team BHP can give you advice on literally anything! For me, it is the king of social networks. Much better than Twitter/Reddit, way better than FB/Instagram. Credit to the mods for selecting users and maintaining the consistency/quality of content on the forum.

A couple of suggestions/questions:
1. Can someone help me understand why does the 'rate thread' on the top right corner have 5* as the only option? I don't think I've ever seen a 1* or 2* thread, but have seen a few 3* threads
2. Has the mod-team explored an idea to start a TBHP weekly update/road safety podcast? Requires effort, but still much easier than printing magazines
3. Maybe time to add a small "How to get into Team BHP thread" in the application form. I'm guessing the main criteria is writing intelligible answers and one does NOT have to be a walking encyclopedia on automobiles

If I were a manufacturer designing a new generation model, I'd use web scraping to read threads to understand the needs of the customers and the shortcomings. I'm looking at you Mahindra- the first XUV 500 review thread has over 526 pages- content in 525 of them is user feedback obtained for free. Add ownership reviews, face-lift reviews, and niggles thread- Mahindra has a treasure trove in team-bhp to design the next gen XUV 500.

EDIT: Is the Mahindra XUV 500 the longest official review thread?

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 14th February 2020 at 23:27.
landcruiser123 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 00:37   #95
BHPian

Though it's 7 years since i joined this forum, it feels like just yesterday! I remember the old homepage before becoming a member and i still feel proud to say i am a BHPian; be it in meets, drives or the office!

I've become more active in the past few years and i still cannot believe how i passed the 6 months during which i was temporarily banned. I remember mailing the mods to even reconsider.
Trust me, its only when i had no membership access that i felt the sadness of missing out on stuff.
This forum is even now helping me out (and am sure many others as well) in accepting my flaws, having a more broader approach to opinions that aren't aligned with yours and also gathering knowledge on almost every aspect of life.

Still a long way to go and am counting on TeamBHP all the way! Even folks who weren't able to become BHPians and talk ill about the mods and members know deep down that it indeed is a privilege to contribute to a forum as impartial as this.
I guess am the only one who has asked 'who's GTO?' on this forum, lol! Unable to locate the post so ill let it go for now!

Happy birthday to this forum - my virtual friend!

Ps: made a note to explore and contribute on more threads than the select few which i follow. The TeamBHP android app is the one to blame as it makes you lazy by giving you an option to view only participated threads! (still works like a charm)

Last edited by abhi7013 : 15th February 2020 at 00:39.
abhi7013 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 00:52   #96
BHPian

Sweet 16 to Team-BHP!

Kudos to all the Mods for working relentlessly to maintain the quality of the forum .

The reasons for my love and respect for this wonderful forum are manifold. Even though anyone can order sticker set and flaunt them, somehow I never wanted to do so (that was before becoming a member). Because I felt the LTD sticker signifies some value and I should be worthy enough to stick it on any of my vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Going by our strict rules & enforcement today, you'll find it hard to believe that there were no forum rules at one time!
I'm a bit curious to know whether there was any registration process for forum membership back in the day ?
kskthere is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 01:06   #97
BHPian

Congratulations the team 'team-bhp'. Your hard work, dedication is unparalleled. Wishing you many many more miles.

It's like yesterday that I was 'permitted' as a member on the forum after facing two rejections. It was such a proud feeling and felt a huge achievement when I saw the email of my acceptance to the forum. Thank you Mods and everyone else for your dedication, passion, relentless effort and doing an excellent job here. May God bless you all.

Happy Birthday!
ShankarG is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 01:36   #98
Team-BHP Support

Team BHP turns 16!

And I've spent 11 of those years, attempting to contribute in small dosages, in whatever way I can. (Incidentally, it's been 11 years since I last subscribed to an automobile magazine. )

But it's also safe to say that I have received more from Team BHP than what I've given.

Meeting some of the best people and making friends closer than family members is one. Drinking-in experiences that petrol heads dream of everyday is another!

I owe to Team BHP more than I could ever repay!

Happy birthday, Team BHP! Here's to many more!
suhaas307 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 02:14   #99
BHPian

What a thread GTO!

Mods love towards the forum was displayed on Valentine's day 12:00 AM exactly!

What a timing! You guys are extraordinary honestly.

Happy birthday to TBHP community & Rush Parekh aka GTO for thinking something out of the blue back in the days

Mods deserve a big round of applause
gururajrv is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 02:33   #100
BHPian

Mods, Distinguished BHPians and fellow BHPians,

Wish you all a very happy and sweet 16th birthday!

Proud of all of you and of the fact that I am a part of history which is being made.
Cheers to the next 16.
DevilzzzzOwn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 02:45   #101

Happy 16th birthday to the most successful automotive community- TeamBhp. Many more to come yet. Many congratulations to all mods and fellow BHPians and thank you all for making TeamBHP stand tall since the last 16 years.

Itís really a wonderful experience to be a part of this esteemed forum. Itís indeed an achievement for this forum to continue to maintain its quality of work for last 16 years, the most successful automotive forum amongst all others. I wish many more upcoming success to this forum on its birthday.
Sarkar_ask is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 05:26   #102
BHPian

Dear BHPians,

Wish you all a very Happy Birthday on Valentines Day ! The love affair with with wheels continues as ever.
I am reminded of the scene from the 1981 movie Shaan (Amitabh, Shashi Kapoor), where Amitabh is ogling at a Porsche and Shashi is admiring at the driver of the car (Bindiya Goswami) and both of them are narrating their thoughts in an oddly similar way. And then Amitabh breaks the reverie saying " Main car ke baat Kar haha hoon aur to be-kaar ki baat Kar raha hai" ! That sums up the sentiments pretty much I guess!
fhdowntheline is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 05:52   #103
BHPian

Happy Sweet 16 T-BHP, it feels proud to be a part of such a distinguished forum which has managed to keep itself unbiased when it come to any kind of advice and discussions. Let us all contribute to keep it his way.Cheers for the coming years to the team.
jayeshdamle is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 07:06   #104
BHPian

Congratulations. Can't believe I've been part of it for 14 years.

A Bangalore (then) trivia:
Tbhp meets were very frequent then. There were two types.
1. Eat and meet.
2. Drive.

Most of the drives were towards Krishnagiri on NH7, as that was the only stretch with 4 landed road. Of course, mysore Road was there, but deemed risky even then. There were midnight drives to CCD on Mysore Road too.

Interestingly, Dakshin Honda was mostly the meet up point for the drives as it was considered outskirts. We even had Silkboard as meeting point. Now, imagine cars lining up there today.
WhiteKnight is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 07:08   #105
Senior - BHPian

Happy 16th birthday, Team BHP! Always interesting, intelligent and positive across threads! Here's to many more!
vinay kamath is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed