Team-BHP > Announcements
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2020, 08:04   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: On Team-BHP's 16th birthday, some fun & interesting trivia on our community

Happy 16th Birthday Team-BHP. Proud to be a part of this wonderful community. Have learnt so much from here. Hope to continue the same!
dhanushs is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 08:30   #107
BANNED

Hi
Joined in April 0f 2006. Used to live in Dadar, near Catering College then.
Heard about it from a friend and joined. (I think it was a bit easy back then getting on board, not anymore!!!)

Did not know then this site would go on to become so great.
A hearty congratulation to TEAMBHP and for all the information I learnt from it over the years.
Wish more miles and more smiles to come...

Regards
NORHOG
norhog is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 08:46   #108
BHPian

Happy Birthday to the most trusted and popular automotive forum of our time, TEAM-BHP. Proud to be a part of this wonderful community. I have learnt a lot from this forum and wish to contribute more to help Team-BHP grow. Kudos to all the moderators for maintaining the highest standards of the forum year after year.
Fordlover88 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 09:35   #109
Senior - BHPian

Happy Birthday Team-BHP ! Time literally flies by ! It was in 2007 I joined Team-BHP, almost 13 years ago. IIRC, it was during the same time as I joined Team-BHP that I got my Suzuki Zeus while trading off dad's Bajaj Caliber. Was in college at that point of time and in those 13 years, the overall learning is magnificent so much so that words fell short to describe it. I still remember how I would mention Team-BHP in college and curiously people looked at my PC screen when I was hooked onto Team-BHP in computer lab. Proud to be member of Team-BHP and am sure we all will have happy miles ahead.
aaggoswami is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 10:04   #110
BHPian

Happy 16, Team-BHP! What a journey this has been!

• I joined this forum in 2014, when I was 12 years old. I had been reading Team-BHP for the better part of a year back then, and I decided to try for the membership.
  • The first time, I got rejected. I also got an email from the mods stating what I should've done better. That very day, I registered again and got accepted. Being the youngest member for a couple of years was special for sure!
  • One of the things that always makes me smile is the fact that in my membership application, I had written that the Fiesta (Classic) 1.6 was my favourite car on sale in India. The very next year, we brought home TooFun, our 2015 Classic 1.6.
  • Team-BHP is a gift that keeps on giving. I have learnt 10x more from the internet than I have learnt from 13 years of schooling. I can also confidently say that the source of more than half of that knowledge has been Team-BHP.
  • I am from a small town. The car culture is non-existent here. People don't think out of the box. Truth be told, it was Team-BHP which opened me up to a new world and helped me see the bigger picture. The members here started shaping my dreams.
  • During my initial years on Team-BHP, I have been quite an immature kid at times. Thank you so much, dear moderators, for tolerating me. Rehaan Sir, will always be thankful to you for making me realise a lot of things over emails. To GTO, thank you so much Sir for taking your time out and making me realise how this wonderful forum works.
  • I have met some wonderful people, both online and offline. Half of my friends on Facebook are Team-BHPians, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
  • The teenage car culture is booming! With friends like Nikhil and Varun, I can see a promising future ahead for Team-BHP! I sincerely hope that us, the younger BHPians take the forum forward.
  • I have been to a few Kolkata meets. While I'm quite introverted, I have been fortunate enough to have made friends and mentors for life! Would especially like to thank D-BHPian Samba, who has always, always been guiding me and helping me out whenever possible from 2014. Thank you, Samba Da!
  • I still remember emailing my class teacher in 7th grade and ending it with "Keep revvin'", followed by my username.
  • Team-BHP made me realise my interest in writing. When I wrote TooFun's review, I was overwhelmed by the amount of responses that I got. I have been writing on and off ever since, but I'm yet to publish something big on the forum since then. This year, I promise that I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
- The Team BHP teenage community has been bustling as well. I still remember member Neel_petrolhead and myself were the only two teens back in 2017. But the number grew exponentially and how! Member and close friend Varun_Hexaguy joined in later too.Got so many teenagers (some who are as much as 3 years away from taking the wheel). And what's also surprising is that some of us also share the same passion for classic cars people aged twice or thrice of us do! Don't believe me? Check out Beemer_Bug's Maruti Zen and Fiat Palio reviews.
Vishy, thanks for reminiscing the good old days! As I said, the Teen-BHP gang is strong! It is also extremely exciting to see new teen BHPians every day. Let's save this culture, shall we? We have lots of work to do!

While I have been a bit inactive when it came to posting on Team-BHP for the last two years, I have never stopped reading. The last few years have been a little tough, and very strange. Some other hobbies and passions have kept me busy but cars and bikes will always be first. Team-BHP will always be the website that I have to visit at least once in a day.

While Team-BHP turned 16, I finally turn 18 and get my license this year. That'll be Stage 2 of my membership here. I have waited for this for a long time, just like most of my Teen-BHP friends.

Thank you everyone.

Proud to sport the best stickers ever!
On Team-BHP's 16th birthday, some fun & interesting trivia on our community-16715890_1809110909413929_8356956963355268206_o.jpg

Keep revvin',
petrolhead_neel

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 15th February 2020 at 10:16.
petrolhead_neel is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 10:09   #111
BHPian

What a fascinating read! Hats off to GTO for recollecting all the data from I don't know how many years old archives. I am so lazy that I don't search my inbox for an important mail & ask sender to send it again
Oh, I almost forgot. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TEAM-BHP. Wish you a rousing success which you truly deserve.
speedguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 10:48   #112
BHPian

Happy Sweet 16 Team-Bhp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Wishing our beloved Team-BHP a very happy 16th birthday. On this special occasion, I thought of sharing with you some fun & interesting trivia on Team-BHP.
GTO & Mods - Thanks for such a wonderful thought to include these interesting trivia's. Being a member myself for few years now, never knew about some of them until i read it yesterday. I'm sure this helps everyone to know how far team-bhp has come today - what a journey!
Wishing many more years of fun,trivia and celebration!

Quote:
• Sometimes, we get cute thank you notes too, which make us smile while going about our work:
Thank you for the nice gesture . For all the hard work you folks do, that's the least we can do - isn't it? I'm sure many like me already do and many more will follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

Adding a few more trivia points:

• Back in the day, Sam used to sneak in Team-BHP related bylines at the bottom of JBL ads on the rear cover of car magazines. Here's a particularly funny one:
That's the most funniest one "R" - you made my day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
• At times of celebration, and equally, at times of need - it's not uncommon to see a large majority of the crowd present is BHPians. Shows just how tight-knit this community is!
True that! There are many such wonderful and heartwarming occasions where the community members have gone above and beyond to help. It would not be an exaggeration to say there are folks from being strangers to becoming a team-bhp member - have gone on to become friends for life. Yes that's how strong this forum has been and am sure will continue to do so. How about having a thread on sharing such stories? After all it would only increase mutual respect and kindness among members and build some long lasting relationships!

Last edited by Keynote : 15th February 2020 at 11:05.
Keynote is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 12:48   #113
BHPian

Congratulations Team-BHP!
Have been an admirer for the past more than six years as guest, now as member for almost ten months. It has been a wonderful association and Team-BHP has always played a very important role for my car purchase decisions, I purchased Grand i10 based on the Team-BHP review back in 2014 without even any test drive.
I would also like to congratulate the fellow members especially the "Support Team" for successfully maintaining its quality throughout which is really commendable and making Team-BHP what it is today. Feeling proud to be a BHPian!
Aafaq is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 13:19   #114
BANNED

Happy birthday Team BHP! 16 years is a long time, really proud to be a part of this community (tried 5 times before to get the membership, succeeded in the sixth attempt though!)

I would also like to say thanks to all wonderful moderators..coz of your tireless efforts this community is now recognised all over the world and achieving new hights every day.

Cheers!

Last edited by vb-saan : 15th February 2020 at 19:42. Reason: Typo and emojis fixed, thanks!
drkuldeep1998 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 13:21   #115
BHPian

Congrats to Team-BHP on turning 16, and pray that the wishes continue for a long long time.

The site is a treasure trove of information which I use regularly, but more importantly has helped me forge friendships that will hopefully last a lifetime.
keroo1099 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 14:19   #116
BHPian

Wow. Astonishing achievement i n a way. Proud to be a part of this great community. I would like to post with pride that Nobody does more justice to the Indian automotive space than us. This is a widely accepted fact and I am really proud to be a young member of this lovely gang. That's probably why I tried three times over before being admitted in. After being admitted also I have been flaked once for breaching the code of Too many spelling mistakes. That was because of spell check issue with the mobile. This has not stopped me from posting in this forum. On this day, I just want to wish all the Bhp ians all the best and keep revving.
born.4thnov is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 15:54   #117
BANNED

Sweet 16 Team-BHP ! Many congratulations

Undoubtfully when it comes to Cars- Team-BHP is the encyclopedia.

Keep Revving
wildon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 16:15   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on turning Sweet 16 Team BHP. GTO and the Mods, thanks for the wonderful work you do, and I do hope we can keep this going from strength to strength as technology and laws keep changing.

Have been reducing my social media presence, but Team BHP is the only platform from which I have never taken a detox break. Suspect that is because of the quality of moderation (though my wife and son are not too pleased with the amount of my free time I spend here :-))
Hayek is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 16:25   #119
BHPian

Happiest Birthday to Team-BHP. Congratulations to all the Mods and fellow members for all the hard work and dedication that has made Team-BHP reach such great heights.

For me, 14th February will always hold a special place and a reason for double celebration because-
It's Team-BHP's Birthday as well as another wonderful year of me being a member.

I still remember, I was going to my friend's birthday party and I got this email and the feeling was priceless.
On Team-BHP's 16th birthday, some fun & interesting trivia on our community-screenshot_20200215153833__01.jpg

Quote:
• The entire EV forum has about as many posts as the single EcoSport Review does (11,000 odd each). When will EVs pick up, in terms of interest & demand? Me thinks it's a long, long time away.
While this comparison tells us that EV's are not much discussed, in my opinion it's the quality of information that matters. These discussions may be less in number but are way more informative than any other you could find.

I am making a project in college and my topic is "Electric Vehicles & it's impact on environment".
Call it a coincidence but yesterday my teacher told me to do a research and find some data for your questionnaire.
After 10 minutes, I could not find any data that was worth using with respect to EV's.
Then I turned to Team-BHP and I'll be completely honest with this one, I was surprised on the variety of discussions available. Range anxiety, charging infrastructure, battery deterioration, resale value, the additional price paid over the ICE counterparts and many more. These topics were just few which I could read (30 minutes lecture was just not enough!).
First I was worried that how will I get 100 respondents for my questionnaire, but after going through these threads 100 seemed to be a very small number.

Last edited by Bhatia.D17 : 15th February 2020 at 16:32.
Bhatia.D17 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 19:05   #120
Senior - BHPian

Out of the 16 years of our beloved forum, I have been a member for 2 years now, but an avid follower for over 5 years prior to that. The day GTO approved my Registration request, I was on the 7th heaven.

I love the depth of details that our forum's Reviews provide. Not just the official reviews, but even the Personal Ownership Reviews are required to maintain similar standards to quite an extent, and that is an amazing thing. Even at my workplace it is a known fact that I am more interested in Automobiles, than in Physiotherapy practice!

But, I love this forum and the bond that we get to share in India and even abroad (haven't been abroad ever)! I could connect to BHP-ian @Ringoism so well, because I had been following his thread on his Marshall (Our Marshal DI 4x4 NGCS) restoration and got to connect to BHP-ian @KaushalDesai here in Manali as well.

Also, on the way to Rohtang Pass in my Nano in August 2019, saw BHP-ian @Vittal (Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car) and his wife in their XUV500 driving up from New Delhi towards Ladakh and got to interact with them briefly before they proceeded further.

And most recently, our group of Renault Triber owners on WhatsApp is flourishing and discussing things about our new rides and helping each other to solve our doubts and it is all thanks to this wonderful forum, which has just turned 16 years old today. Thanks to GTO and all the Mods and all the members who keep it as a rich, practical source of handy information about automobiles.

Long live Team-BHP!
AdityaDeane is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks