Team-BHP > Announcements
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2021, 18:12   #91
BHPian

Re: Happy 17th birthday, Team-BHP!

Belated birthday wishes Team-bhp!

1) The fact that Mods have amazing control over content quality.
2) Absolutely no Trolls, Trojans and brand slaves.
3) Easiest way to get help no matter what the topic is.
4) There are huge contents outside Automotive world as well.
5) Laud the implementation of having a separate section for Safety as well as Electric vehicles.

Dislikes:

1) Point 4 mentioned above is almost hidden that only people who are spending lots of time are aware of this. Request mods to check the option of making it more visible.
2) Official Review section has become a little cluttered. Request mods to have clear distinction between full blown reviews, initial impressions and reviews of rare cars.
3) Official review needs to have clear and big indication of crash rating. Name and Shame needs to be done as there is nothing more important that safety.

Suggestions:

1) A big exercise needs to be done in terms of archiving. Why to waste money on huge data that is absolutely unnecessary?
2) Related to above point - can mods think of a cleanup and take away credentials of someone who has not logged in for say 10 years?
3) When we report a post, can we get some acknowledgment of the same? We have no idea if the suggestion has been read/implemented /ignored!
RaghuVis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 18:48   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Happy 17th to Team BHP!

Most of the likes have been captured by members posting before me, so nothing more to add specifically.

All I can say is, Team BHP is one place I can never stop visiting. Just the vast amount of knowledge that goes around is astounding. There is something to learn about virtually anything under the sun.

True, 12 yrs back it started out as a place to discuss cars for me, but now, it has evolved into so much more.

Special shout out to the Mod team who work tirelessly to keep the forum ticking working on a voluntary basis.

Onwards and upwards!
Old 18th February 2021, 12:30   #93
Senior - BHPian

14 years since I joined this brilliant forum. I don't think anything has changed UI wise. That's a looooong time. Hope there are certain tweaks to UI without doing anything drastic.

I like almost everything here except the PM interface (deleting is so weird) and ads on desktop. That one ad that slowly creeps up from right bottom drives me crazy. The "x" button is incredibly small too.
I am glad I have a gaming mouse and I don't hit the ad itself like it happens on touch device. But please, something needs to be done about that ad.

Slight OT, I have always wondered, when someone gets banned you see something like:
Quote:
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
How to read this?
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 16:16   #94
BHPian

Happy 17th Birthday to the great Team-BHP! I feel proud to be part of this great forum!

1) Content quality. Best in class ! Period!
2) We have experts who go beyond automobiles, I am amazed to see so many interesting tips on Finance, Weight loss, books. The list is endless. Trust me, I start my search for a given topic in Team-BHP, and later on in Google if I really need to.

Suggestions:

1) I have often found that some great debates on some topics, get diluted over a period of time, for example, Topic on investments. Many people add valuable inputs to the discussions, and this goes to several pages. I am wondering if there is a way to get key takeaways from any discussion?

2) Video content needs to increase.

3) Like Team-BHP meets that happen physically, Can there be some Webinars on some topics , where experts share inputs on any area they are good at, This will be very useful to join virtually and get useful knowledge.
Old 18th February 2021, 17:51   #95
BHPian

Happy 17th Birthday! I am privileged to be a part of this community.

What I like
1. The TBHP reviews and advice are simulations of the real life test drives. One can just blindly rely on the official reviews and can make decisions without test drives.
2. Unbiased reviews bringing the facts on the table with objective evaluations.
3. Members sharing their experiences/scoops adhering to strict forum rules. The quality of the contents is maintained and avoids junk details.

What I don't like
1. Discussions going OT
2. Lack of Support for Mobile App
3. Difficulty in finding related threads e.g. I can't easily find all the threads related to a particular vehicle
Old 20th February 2021, 09:20   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varman742 View Post
3. Difficulty in finding related threads e.g. I can't easily find all the threads related to a particular vehicle
Indeed. I can never find some threads that I keep going back to after every few days. So I just Google it with random words from that thread. Works every time.
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 21:40   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

A very happy 17th birthday to our revered teacher teambhp.com. We have been learning more and more automobile and a host of other miscellaneous facts (by shifting gears) from teambhp.

I am proud to be a part of this forum for nearly 13 years now. And will continue to learn and learn from here.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 16:19   #98
BHPian

Happy 17th Team-BHP! Apologies for such a late note.

1. The feeling of camaraderie amongst the members.
2. There are no strangers on this forum, when it comes to helping fellow motorheads.
3. Such lovely travelogues that bring peace to my traveloholic mind. Also, many of my road travels were planned after a lot of research on this forum.
4. Moderated really well.
5. Last but definitely the top reason why I like this forum is the immense knowledge I gained about cars. Not just technical but the reviews have also helped me pick the right car for myself as well as share my knowledge with my friends. Today, I'm well-known in my circle for being the car guy and people often call me up for taking suggestions.

Dislikes
If I have to nitpick:
1. Due to the differences in regions, the meet ups are a bit biased towards the more famous locations, like Bangalore, Pune, Mumbai, etc.
2. Due to strict membership policy, a couple of my friends were unable to make it and they lost interest eventually after a couple of tries.

I love this forum. Though not a very active member, I've thoroughly enjoyed my time here and look forward to many more years and probably a lot more active contribution.

Last edited by saleem_k : 27th February 2021 at 16:22.
saleem_k is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks