Team-BHP > Announcements
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2022, 14:51   #46

Re: Team-BHP @ 18 | Now old enough to get a Driving Licence

Completely agree with you. Sam's posts were a treat to read.

Congrats to each one of you in enriching this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Happy Valentine's day and Happy 18th Birthday.

YetiBlog® - almost everything that Late Sam Kapasi wrote is gold. But, he was in elements, in particularly 3 of my favorites:
Plus so many DYI threads, Sustainability (What sustainability choices do you make on a daily basis??), posts by late Mr. Behram Dhabhar.
mailbalaji is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 14:55   #47
BHPian

Me (sheepishly): You're old enough BHP! 18 now...

BHP (curiously): What do you mean by that?

Me (trembling): Will you be my Valentine?

BHP (shocked): I thought we were past that phase already!! I thought you loved me more.
Can't believe you treating a birthday girl this way. You're just impossible.

... and there na_agrawal lost another chance! What a douche! What a noob, he is.

I believe, this is how last night would've gone by if we ever personify TBHP!!

I still remember, it was 2010/11, I was frantically searching for a good review of a Hyundai i20 Asta back then (the one that you see in the background of my profile pic). We were contemplating the idea to replace my dad's 2001 Maruti 800 DLX AC. And boom! I crashed upon this gem of a black hole of information where I found more than I asked for. This is how I started my journey with you TBHP. It's been 11 years now, you're still my fav sweetheart!

Coincidence maybe, 10 years later, I am contemplating the idea to buy a 10-year-old new car again now.
My journey with TBHP till now -
Team-BHP @ 18 | Now old enough to get a Driving Licence-img_20190222_233622_065.jpg

Team-BHP @ 18 | Now old enough to get a Driving Licence-fb_img_1549281585846.jpg

Team-BHP @ 18 | Now old enough to get a Driving Licence-img_20190501_073225.jpg

Cheers,
~NA

Last edited by na_agrawal : 14th February 2022 at 15:01. Reason: Spelling
na_agrawal is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 15:02   #48
BHPian

For me, my introduction to Team Bhp came from trying to plan out a trip to Ladakh, and that is when I browsed upon moderator @tsk1979's fabulous Ladakh Guide, which had everything related to what to do, and where to go in Ladakh, along with countless of his travelogues.

Slowly, I started looking into other aspects, with tuner cars and engine modifications being a favourite of mine, especially the thread about an engine swapped civic (I'm sorry I cannot remember the name) and more recently @Dr. Naren's excellent S - Cross thread. Coming to the motorcycle side, a lot of threads and Bhpians have been very helpful in giving advice or suggestions to fix bikes, along with some favourite threads of mine in the section, such as @neil.jericho's Continental GT thread and @krishnaprasadgg's R1 thread.

And then lastly, Shifting Gears has a multitude of threads dealing with almost everything in life, in fact, Team Bhp at this stage not only covers vehicles in-depth but also everything beyond it. Even though I am a relatively new user, this is one of the most favourite websites I've used and I'm happy to get a membership in it.
TorqueMonster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 15:06   #49
BHPian

Heartiest Congratulations to Team BHP for completing 18 meaningful years and attaining adulthood. We look forward to many more years of revving!

Also many thanks to Team BHP moderators for keeping and ensuring the quality of the stuff is top notch. All the best.
embee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 15:16   #50
BHPian

A BIG Congratulation on the well deserved success Team-BHP.

With the hard work, dedication, discipline that the community has maintained, this Victory was inevitable. Three cheers to @GTO, Moderators and all the respected members of Team-BHP
Jangra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 15:31   #51
BHPian

Congrats guys! I can't help but wonder how you guys do it though when other online platforms are struggling with content moderation, you guys allow everyone to express their views without allowing things to get out of hand.

I believe FB and Twitter should to take notes from you guys!

Also, thank you for being part of our lives, T-BHP has changed the lives of many members in ways that cannot be kept track of! So, kudos to GTO and Team, and Happy 18th
dragracer567 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 15:38   #52
BHPian

Congratulations Team-BHP. Godspeed!
Ashutosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 15:48   #53
BHPian

Many Congratulations, and Happy Birthday, Team-BHP & All BHPians!

This is a great milestone indeed- metaphorical adulthood!

Team-BHP is the lodestar for all things automotive, for great multitude of people!
Thanks to the mods, all community members and non members!

Apart from the authoritative automotive gyan (knowledge), the sense of camaraderie and the engagement of members on non automotive things, helping each other/ others, is extremely inspiring
Probably unique, for an online community of motorheads!

eg. this post (Our journey with Ovarian Cancer), on shifting gears

Keep rockin'
Cheers!!

ysjoy

Last edited by ysjoy : 14th February 2022 at 15:49.
ysjoy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 15:49   #54
BHPian

Congrats, Teambhp!!

Couple of memorable reviews i remember are of bhpian tilt's Thar and his i20 (one lakh per cupholder).

Can't get the links of that, as I'm typing on my mobile, but those were hilarious and stayed in my mind for long.

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th February 2022 at 16:02. Reason: Adding links :)
Small Bot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 15:59   #55
BHPian

Happy 18th Birthday TeamBHP!! And Congrats to the Moderators and all BHPians to make this a beautiful place to be on.

Coming to my favourite threads. To be honest, every thread I've read has given me some valuable information, so choosing favourites is difficult. But here are some out of many threads which I thoroughly enjoyed.

1. no_fear's Ducati 1199R Revival thread. Just WOW!!
2. arun1100's 1971 Royal Enfield Bullet search thread. It really touched my heart, the father-son relationship was portrayed beautifully.
3. The Plight of Indian Truck Drivers. It truly changed my negative perception about truck drivers
4. blackwasp's thread on Why your very first car should be a humble one.
5. And last but not the least, all the ownership reviews, official reviews, threads on Indian road system, technicalities in cars/bikes and travelogues.

Can't wait to get my driver's license and put all my theoretical knowledge into practical use. Just a year and a half of the journey is left.

Fun fact: I found TeamBHP sometime in March/April of 2021 and within a week I read 600 pages of the Hot Threads section. Had read atleast 3-5 posts in each page.

Last edited by HumbleBee : 14th February 2022 at 16:07.
HumbleBee is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 16:08   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleBee View Post
Fun fact: I found TeamBHP sometime in March/April of 2021 and within a week I read 600 pages of the Hot Threads sections. Had read atleast 3-5 posts in each page.
Fun fact in return: Earlier, there was no easy way to jump to a high page number on the Hot Threads or News indexes (ie. the URL did not contain a page number). You had to jump ahead 9 pages at a time by clicking the page numbers at the bottom.

Direct links to page numbers for the Hot Threads index was only added on 3rd May 2021 for SEO reasons. Just in time to perhaps save you quite a few clicks in your 600 page quest if you ever lost your position or restarted your browser
Rehaan is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 16:09   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Let us celebrate our content today! What thread or post is your favourite on Team-BHP & why?
Congrats!

Kudos to all the readers, members, and moderators.

While just about every thread is good and well put together, some of my favorite threads include -
  • The Accidents Thread - It's mighty educational on building anticipation and just being that much more watchful on the roads.
  • The Coronavirus Thread - In particular the posts by our resident doctors. Recall many of Dr. Vivek's posts on the subject. In addition to being busy with the challenges, they found the time to keep us all better educated and aware.
  • Posts by Graaja - I love how complete his posts are. Well researched. Well practiced arts (photography, weight loss, etc). Beautifully put together while taking the time to give detailed replies.
  • Posts on Long-term Ownerships - Wealth of the information and insights.
  • Posts on 'Guide to Eating out' - Specific to Bangalore for now.
  • Travelogues - Always a pleasure to read these.
Miyata is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 16:25   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Happy 18th Birthday to TeamBHP!! Heartiest Congratulation to TeamBHP Team! It is amazing how TeamBHP has become a force to reckon with in the Indian Automotive Industry. Great to see this. Thank you to the whole support team for their hard work in maintaining the quality of the forum while still letting the forum grow into the force that is today! Great job done by everyone!

I feel proud and privileged to be a part of this community. Thanks to all the fellow members for the invaluable knowledge, inspirational stories, and helpful tips they have shared on so many diverse topics.

What inspired you? What moved you?

For me it has to be the Travelogues section. I love road trips and love to read about them. For me, my passion of cars is directly related to my passion for road trips. A picture of a car on a rod trip moves me. I get emotionally connected to that. It does not matter what brand or type the car is. It does not matter whether it is a humble Maruti or a shiny and luxurious Mercedes. A picture of a dirty Maruti being driven somewhere on road is more inspirational for me than a picture of a polished and waxed Ferrari in a garage or showroom. Real world cars in real world driving conditions is what moves me, and the Travelogues section has plenty of such stories. There have been many travelogues that inspired me and moved me. It is hard to pick one of two for mentioning here. But any travelogue where a owner drives his/her car passionately over a long distance and shares their stories is what inspires me. I love reading these stories.

The other huge gain for me, in my personal and social life, is that friends I made here on TeamBHP. Here, I must give special thanks for my close friend and BHPian RSUDARSANAN. It was him who organized some of the best drives and overnight meets. It was him who brought some unknown forum guys together back in 2013-14, and now, 7 years later, many of us are close friends in personal life. Most of us are close family friends. We drive together and spend our weekends together. This is like my extended family now. I can not imagine my life without this extended family of car loving, driving loving friends I made in Bangalore. Thanks to my friends, and thanks to TeamBHP for providing a platform where such like-minded people can come together and become close friends.

For me it has been more than 10 years since I am addicted to TeamBHP now. And what a lovey addiction this has been. Thanks again to all of you! Once again a very happy birthday to TeamBHP!
Dr.AD is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 16:47   #59
BHPian

It was 2016 and I had (I still have) a flame for the old gen round headlight Pulsars. I was looking on how to restore them, and I had landed on this forum. I had applied for my membership that day itself, and well..it got rejected. Tried sometime again in 2018, and again rejected.

In 2020, I had bought a pre owned CBR 250R. And while doing all the background research about the bike, I landed on this forum again. I had learnt about what all could go wrong, and what can be wrong on my bike, since there was some ticking sound from the engine bay. aargee's CBR thread had given me all the information I could possibly ask for, being a (comparatively) big bike owner for the first time. Right from the fuel meter's erratic behaviour to the air pressure limits for the tyre, it is more than anything a bike owner and a bike enthusiast.

The threads on this forum, are far more entertaining than any paid subscription services. One of the first threads that has my respect for a fellow human being and a vivid automobile enthusiast is the story of a rare Ducati being rescued by like minded, motorcycle-loving brothers. It had me on the edge of my seat, just waiting to scroll down to the next post, and the immense level of satisfation it had given me, when I had just heard the bike run on its own power for the first time.

The other thread which I had thoroughly enjoyed was the only Gurkha on the entirety of Andaman Islands. This is a relatively new thread, but I had enjoyed it to the core. The sheer amount of passion the User had put in to show all of his love on his ride, to us, its more than anything.

This forum also serves as a proper time capsule. I have a soft corner for anything Japanese, automobiles being most of them, followed by watches, Manga and anime series. The Grand Vitara, Kizashi, '06 Civic Sedan and the old gen Foutuners are a few of the 4-wheelers that I absolutely admire.

And for me, my dad's splendor made me who I am today. Nostalgia, emotional attachment and passion are a few key factors that keep this forum driving. I look forward to the day where I can pen a whole experience report about my rides, and hopefully even, get my dad's splendor back.
saitvsk23 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 17:02   #60
BHPian

Congratulations Team-bhp. Though I am new member here, I am watching you grow from a curious child to responsible teen to mature adult. Hope you grow and guide many more people in the coming years. Happy 18th Birthday.
RedMaw is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks