Team-BHP > Announcements
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2022, 17:07   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP @ 18 | Now old enough to get a Driving Licence

Happy 18th birthday Team BHP

Proud to be part of this community since 2005. Have been nearly kicked out several times due to my mistakes but still this is the site I visit just by sheer habit. Team BHP is my relief from work, the balm that soothes the monotony of life, the "what is the cricket score?" type of break we take when we are stretched.

Glad to be here and typing this. Let's keep Team BHP rolling for a very long time to come .
sumeethaldankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 17:23   #62
BHPian

Happy Birthday Team-BHP!! Wow, turning 18th and that too on Valentines!!

Congratulations to GTO and to all the others who have made this amazing family!!

Identifying any one post as favourite would be a disservice to the others and hence I would prefer to say that the best ones that I like are the new car reviews.

I can only say that I consider myself lucky to be part of this treasure trove of information & ofcourse the numerous friends that I have gained here.

Cheers to TEAM BHP!!!
Krish

Last edited by suhaas307 : 15th February 2022 at 08:35. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
emmenhr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 17:53   #63
Senior - BHPian

Happy 18, Team Bhp. I record my regard to the parents of the forum and appreciate their thought process and feel the agony and ecstasy they've undergone to see the forum live.

Let the forum live on forever, forever.

A proud moment for every T-Bhpian.
Live to Drive. I'd like to see the first ever post on the forum.

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th February 2022 at 15:39. Reason: Fixing small typo :)
rajeev k is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 19:46   #64
BHPian

Happy Birthday Team Bhp!

Can't believe that it has been so long. I joined this wonderful forum on 1st March, 2008.

A big thanks to all the founding members and the moderators for keeping this forum so meaningful and informative.

My favorite threads have been Official New Car reviews and Travelogues. For almost 10 years, I was out of India, but I have been continuously following all the new launches, official reviews, automotive news on this forum. I have not contributed much due to me being abroad for the major part of my membership.

I decided on my Tata Harrier after going through all the car reviews and my requirements. Didn't even go and visit any other car showroom or have any test drive other than that of Tata Safari and Tata Harrier. Felt that the Official test drive nailed all the features and issues and what to expect of Tata Safari and Harrier.

Hats off to the entire Team Bhp.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 15th February 2022 at 08:34. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
Bala_R is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 21:05   #65
BHPian

Ever since my first encounter with 'Live to Drive' sticker on an Esteem on the way to work circa 2009, I have been a 'guest' reader for the longest time. When it was time to change tyres on my Jazz, this is where I learned about how to choose the right set. At that time (Jan-Mar 2013), I poured over every thread and every post on tyres and that would be my favourite from both safety and technical information perspectives.

When it was time to buy a second (automatic) car for wifey, team-bhp is where the research was done. Came very close to choosing the Polo TSI... but unfortunately got vetoed.

Thank you to all the moderators for maintaining the forum's quality, in some respects improving it over time. This site is on a pinned tab on my browser and it's my favourite 'scatter focus' activity on a daily basis.
amavin is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 21:14   #66
BHPian

Hey T-Bhp, happy 18th!

While I can't put my finger on what would be my favorite threads/posts right now, I would like to take this opportunity, to thank this forum for all the learnings and perspective it has given me.

The collective wisdom available on this forum covering practically every topic, is unlike anything I have ever come across over the internet!
Romeo_Mike is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 22:33   #67

Best Wishes to T-Bhp! Welcome to adulthood, where in the expectations from the family start rising. There are so many threads which I have read, it's really tough to choose a favorite one.
As you are entering adulthood, and you being a top performer year on year please don't get overwhelmed. Give your best shot as you always do.

Thanking you yet again for helping me choose my current car!
adityagoel1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 22:36   #68
BHPian

First and foremost many congratulations to Bigg Bro GTO and all the moderators responsible for such a quality content, without you all it wasn't possible for all of us to see something as mesmerizing and memorable forum like this. Truly world class.

around 7-8 years ago while drooling on internet searching for something in automobile I came across Team BHP and it caught me right there!!

Tried for membership number of times and got it last year in same month (I consider myself lucky). Believe me; this membership was part of my bucket list!!

Regarding the favorite threads; there is not a single one. I will list down a few-

1. All official reviews- such a deep dive into every aspect of the vehicle apart from its class/price/popularity and most importantly transparency. It takes courage to post facts.
2. Threads from Vigsom ( particularly the Mitsubishi Pajero thread).
3. Threads on car collections. ( Eg. The SInghanias / The Poonawalas- (my son loves this thread too much) / The Ambanis and special mention about Mamuti sir & Dalqueer sir's car collection.)
4. Official review thread of Honda City.
5. All the travelogues (special mention haisaikat's visit to Varanasi/Puri and recently to Srinagar) / Chasing the Lama on a KTM Duke 390

Thank you Team BHP for enriching the automobile love and knowledge

Let's celebrate!!!

Cheers.
Guru_Shikhar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 23:11   #69
Senior - BHPian

A very happy birthday to one of my favourites !!

Team-BHP rekindled the joy of reading in me after so many years - and I will always be thankful for that. It also gave me a sense of pride that people liked reading what I have written (inferred from my "Thanked" count ).

In the almost 7 years that I have been here, I have gained some very good friends - some who I haven't even met in person yet. All thanks to this forum.

While I don't have any specific threads as such, I loved reading all of Sam Kapasi's adventures. That guy was one fantastic storyteller. And then there are the original Thar threads - you can still feel the passion as you go through the posts. What a genius Behram Dhabhar was!!

Of the currently active members, LeoShashi's threads stand out for their attention to detail and encyclopedic information. Same with V.Narayan sir - the amount of knowledge that he shares is invaluable.

In the last 2 years, the Coronavirus Thread and its corollaries, made for some very interesting reading everyday. Reading it again after a couple of years should be fun.
samaspire is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 00:27   #70
BHPian

A very happy 18th Birthday to Team-Bhp! with many many more to come

I still remember 2 days very clearly - the first time when I stumbled on Team Bhp forum during my first vehicle search & second time when my membership was approved.

This is the only forum which I HAVE to visit each and every day, even in-between my business trips and work. This is something I have been doing since past 10 years now and don't see this habit going away in future. This is to the extent that even my family members now acknowledge and know of Team Bhp (including my 6 year old daughter who frequently asks about the various car pics). The best part of this forum is undoubtedly the way it is maintained and its enthused members / fellow bhpians which make this forum unique and focussed. Thanks again to moderators, founders and fellow Bhpians for making this a success in every way!
Turbo_anup is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 02:30   #71
Deo
BHPian

Congratulations Team BHP. This is one community we all keep coming back to, no matter what. Not just for obvious automotive reasons, but the help, resources, information heck even to kill boredom there is nothing that beats this forum. I probably check Team BHP more than outlook on some days. , A very happy birthday to Team BHP!!
Deo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 19:49   #72
BHPian

saeng-il chugha haeyo!!! (Happy birthday in Korean - taken via Google translate )

Hearty congratulations TeamBHP folks. This indeed is a labour of love for a few of you who back then started this lovely community that has been helping many car enthusiasts.

Today, if you ask anyone in 15-50 age group for any car advice, they are more likely to route you to team-bhp than a dealer or a friend. In my opinion, that is what all of us (and more importantly the founders and mods) have achieved.

Here's to many more such wonderful years ahead.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 15th February 2022 at 20:01. Reason: Minor typo. Thanks.
sameer_vwagner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 20:50   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Happy 18th, Team-BHP - already an adult since many years now!
theMAG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 22:18   #74
Senior - BHPian

First a very Happy 18th to everyone who started TBHP then and to everyone of us today
The only thing memorable from my 18th year of existence was the driving license.

Talking of content I will let one of my posts on a hilarious thread by v1p3r do the talking:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
This is hilarious and a brilliant write up.

Had been active in TBHP a lot recently and was thinking of going back to some other stuff i used to read but after reading this, to hell with them. They're not even close

Also figured that I have probably read about 1% of the content on TBHP and everytime I read something different I am astonished at the knowledge and writing skills BHPians possess.
So head and heart in unanimity have decided to dedicate all the time to exploring TBHP.

How can I forget the brilliant writeups, knowledge and pics from our Gurkha owners who are pushing the Gurkha to ever desirable heights, on their own :
- (Asterix, my 2021 Force Gurkha | The adventure begins)Manuuj
- (The Island Gurkha | My 2021 Grey Force Gurkha 4x4 in the Andamans | Ownership Review)vigneshkumar31
- Trojan
Note : I haven't read any other ownership reviews of the Gurkha, can't wait to read more.

The useful thread answering and settling all our DPF queries by (Guide: How to take Effective Test-Drives of new cars)ninjanayak.

The exhaustive experience, research and effort shows in the meticulous details in the threads by Poitive :
- (Guide: How to take Effective Test-Drives of new cars)The Handbook of TD
- The SUV Hunt

hemanth.anand's (The best two-wheeler ads)Two Wheeler Ads thread wasn't just nostalgic but also quite refreshing.

The hilarious thread by (How to buy a car that your spouse wants)v1p3r was truly a LOL experience.

(My new four wheeler, a wheelchair!)evil_grin's hilarious take on his wheelchair situation which perfectly demonstrates "when life gives you lemons make lemonade". The undaunting passionate motorhead spirit on display.

Finally the thread which underscores our existence in the forum, a trait shared by all of us regardless of our preferences and difference of opinions, (What I love about driving in India)Live To Drive.

Happy Motoring
shancz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 00:24   #75
BHPian

18 years already! WOW! It feels just like yesterday when I first came across the site while searching for some route related info for one of my trips from Delhi. Was hooked and kept coming back to it again and again and eventually applied for a membership and got it in 2014.

In my opinion, the sheer amount of information on TBHP is what makes it unique. There is something for everyone. For example, one can learn and discuss about the stock market, photography, mods, technical stuff, best practices, and myriad other stuff here.

I have found the information on TBHP immensely useful on multiple occasions. Whether it is a car review, tips on different aspects of cars and driving, a route query, diagnosing an issue, or some interesting topic under shifting gears, every thread is unique, unbiased, and typically adds value to the site. The fact that there is no paid content means that one can keep his or her cynicism aside when someone is praising or criticizing something and trust the feedback.

While I have no one favourite thread, I do keep going through the Hot Threads section almost every day and read almost everything that is posted.

Kudos to the moderators for maintaining the standard over the years, and also for making this one of the most coveted memberships in India, through their strict approval criteria. The exclusivity of TBHP combined with its superior content has ensured that it is taken seriously by both the general public and the industry. The fact that fake stickers like LOVE to Drive have become a dime a dozen now show how popular the site is.

More power to TBHP - Happy birthday and all the best!
Neversaygbye is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks