Team-BHP > Announcements
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2023, 12:16   #31
BHPian

Re: Wishing Team-BHP, a Happy 19th Birthday | How has Team-BHP helped you?

Congratulations Team BHP for the wonderful "Pre-Teen" Birthday ! . Team BHP is not just a Forum, its a forum of a culture, a community and more than anything else, its a "Way of our life". I doubt a single day for me passes without a click at the forum.

What I have learnt? I list is endless. Where do i begin..

With 10+ years behind me, its been learn, learn and more learning all the time. Right from picking up my first SUV from the humble 800 and then the Zen. Team BHP ignited the real passion in me for cars, and the more I read about them, the more it got the better of me. Wow!, what a journey. This is one forum and an unique one where quality runs at the top of everyone's mind. It got me better at analysing and writing blogs and keeping the rules of the game at the top of my mind.

I haven't had the fortune of attending any Meet so far, but would love to do so; that would be a great place and opporturnity to meet like minds and make friends. I envy all those who have, already. Looking forward to it for sure.

Cheers Team BHP and wishing us all a great journey ahead !
Old 14th February 2023, 12:24   #32

Happy 19th birthday team-bhp. While I haven't contributed much to the community, I have benefitted immensely from all the knowledge shared. Wishing us all many more years of insightful discussions, planning trips and making new friends.
Safety_Car is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 12:24   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Happy anniversary!
Thanks to all Mods to keep this high quality forum going.

I like the forum for the well and very diverse moderated content. Just about any topic under the sun, next to cars, can be found.

It also allows me to stay in touch with my Indian friends and offers a look into India on a daily base.

On to the next 19 years and more.

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 12:38   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Happy birthday to Team BHP, this is one place that I have got to find like minded people and made many friends, specially the level headed Bikers.

In a stark coincidence, this is the same day I got my Panigale home, so Mark 13 shares birthday with Team-Bhp, something I will always remember!
Old 14th February 2023, 12:45   #35
BHPian

A very happy 19th birthday to Team-BHP! It's been a year of it being able to legally drive. To answer the question in the thread title: the biggest thing it did for me was to give me many new ways to enjoy automobiles: in-depth technical posts, travelogues and of course, a passionate community that's always willing to help! Then, it also played a role in shaping our garage as it is today. And of course, browsing it has become one of my favourite passtimes! That's how I found this thread; looking for some brief refreshment upon returning from a board exam.

It is an incredible honour to actually be posting on a Team-BHP anniversary thread (and not just viewing it). It was on the 28th of May 2022 at 2:01 pm. I had just returned from outside when my phone buzzed. I saw the notification “Team-BHP membership APPROVED!” and my heart positively jumped with joy at being accepted into the community I had been viewing for years at the time!
Wishing Team-BHP, a Happy 19th Birthday | How has Team-BHP helped you?-membership-approved-1.jpeg

The vast amount of information and the variety of topics is fascinating. Before becoming a regular lurker and eventually a member, I’d never imagined that an automotive forum could also become the place to discuss music, aviation, photography and so many other interests.

What a fantastic journey it has been so far. It hasn’t even been a year, but I can confidently say that filling out the registration form was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. Being able to contribute to this forum’s vast knowledge pool is an honour in itself. To being given tips to ensure that a windshield replacement was carried out properly , all the way to a member informing me of a major blunder I’d made in a thread title (IAF to phase out MiG-21 squadrons in 2025), I've learnt so much in the time I've been here. I've also been shown passion in its truest form.

And of course, no mention of Team-BHP’s excellence can be complete without an expression of gratitude to the moderators. Achieving such an impeccable level of quality of a forum with thousands of members is no minor feat. Hats off!

Here’s to many more years of achievements and upholding our USP as a forum: unbiased and comprehensive information with a healthy dose of passion thrown in.

Last edited by GForceEnjoyer : 14th February 2023 at 12:50.
GForceEnjoyer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 13:08   #36

Congratulations to Team-BHP for successfully completing 19 years. Wish you many more years of success. I am very happy to be part of this family. Personally i feel this forum is very informative, helpful and the single most influential automotive forum in India/World
Old 14th February 2023, 13:17   #37

Happy 19th Birthday to Team-bhp. I have been an avid follower of the forum for more than a decade. The knowledge available on this forum is immense. This is my goto place for any car review and Team-bhp is the only place I trust to point out every positive and negative of the car.

I enjoy reading the travelogues on this forum and many are written in top notch quality that I have felt like I have visited those places in person. They inspire me to do more trips.

The help regarding car issues is great. Whenever I have an issue with my Car, I find it that those issues have already been discussed here and solution is readily available.

Long Live Team-bhp
Old 14th February 2023, 13:30   #38
BHPian

Happy anniversary and Happy Valentine the great Team-Bhp
Thanks to all Mods for all the hard work to maintain the quality of forum.
Old 14th February 2023, 13:32   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
So, how has Team-BHP helped you? Do share.
My wife wanted to buy a new car last year. So i trawled the depths of team bhp, collected data, read comparisons, took copious notes from reviews, and shortlisted some cars for her to test drive.

She rejected them all.

Then one day, during a trip to her hometown, she drove her sister's Swift and decreed, this is The One.

The stupid Swift was not even in my long list. What a waste of time on team-b.. wait, this story is not going right.

Let me tell you another one:

So i spent a lot of time on team bhp last year researching a car for my wife. Soon I started noticing a lot of excitement on the forum around Mahindra and specifically for the new Scorpio N. Intrigued, I started reading up the thread. Curiosity soon turned into obsession. I started visiting the site religiously, so much so that Chrome automatically added the link to the home page and whenever I typed "T" in the address bar, it would auto fill team bhp.

Completely caught up in the fervor I ended up booking the damn car for myself even though I have no need for a new vehicle. So now I have 21k locked up as booking amount and no sign of delivery and now I'm thinking this site is not only costing me time but also hard earned money.

Hmm...now that i pause and think about it, I'm wondering why the heck am i posting here on a Tuesday afternoon instead of working? Some people are addicted to smoking, some to Instagram. I think my drug of choice has become team bhp.

Happy Birthday Team Bhp. Thanks for keeping us informed and entertained. For the excitement and the new connections. Wish you more success ahead. Personally, i think it's time i block this url.
naru80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 13:45   #40
Senior - BHPian

As a kid before the days of the internet, I was always fascinated by cars, bikes, buses and trucks. But I didn't really have much knowledge. I had always relied on the Auto Magazines for information. While they were good, there was nothing about modifications. That void was filled by the early threads on TBHP on engine swaps etc.
Other than that I've used TBHP for information on Phones, Gadgets, Taxation, Shares, Immigration etc.
Last but not the least, I've made some good friends.
pedrolourenco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 13:52   #41
BHPian

Wishing Team BHP a Very Very Happy Birthday and Many Many Wonderful Years Ahead.

I am probably a minority who has bought a car and am planning to buy a scooter without a test drive, as I have full faith in the reviews posted here.

Also love the travelogues and the forum is my go to place before planning any travel.

One-Stop-Shop for everything !!!
Old 14th February 2023, 13:55   #42
BHPian

Happy Birthday Team - BHP !!!
TeamBHP had become my official google search. For Example, whenever I need any information on any topic, I started googling as " Water Heater+TeamBHP".
I closed my other social media accounts like FB,Insta, as I'm not using them anymore and TeamBHP had become my ultimate source of fun,knowledge,reading and sharing experiences etc.

I had learnt a lot from this forums and will continue to do so and contribute from my side, whatever I can.
Old 14th February 2023, 14:08   #43

Happy birthday, Team-BHP!!

I stumbled upon Team-BHP in 2009 when I was looking to buy a car. I was impressed with the magnitude of information that was available for me to make the right decision based on my requirements and budget.

I read, learned, and became a proud automobile advisor in my community all because of this forum.

I wish this forum more success and expansion in the coming years.

Cheers.
Old 14th February 2023, 14:24   #44
BHPian

Happy 19th Team BHP !!

I joined this forum in 2012 , that is a decade of journey.

I bought my two cars as well many of my and my friends automotive choices were driven by the collective wisdom on Team BHP.

Now the first thing I do in the morning is spend atleast 20 mins on Team BHP. This has successfully replaced other sources as my source of knowledge and wisdom.

In addition to the high quality content, very passionate and responsive moderators, the biggest asset of this forum is the high quality like minded members who value reason, knowledge and practicality over the unproductive crap that gets spilled on other forums and social media sites.

I have personally learnt a lot about, finance, Indian defence forces, Astrophotography, personal well being , macro economy, the tech industry, autism .. you name it there is content on Team BHP from members you can trust like they are your well wishers. This is like Wakanda- relatively protected from the biased and toxic world.

I clearly recall a team BHPian doctor who had called me and spent his valuable time counselling me during Covid..free of charge. no where else is the sense of community so strong!

Here is to many more years of Team BHP..

Last edited by charanreddy : 14th February 2023 at 14:25.
charanreddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 14:45   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

There are somethings we all do each day of our lives. For me these would be reading the news, checking the stock markets, feeding my fishes, going for a walk, having breakfast, getting reminded by wifey of something or the other, dusting my airplane models,........and clocking into Team BHP to read my favourite threads.

Team BHP, thanks to the vision and clarity of thought and consistent effort of its founder and home team is now an institution with a certain enviable standing not only in the world of automobiles but also in the world of internet forums and social media. It is to the immense credit of the home team {GTO, Moderators, Employees et al} that they manage to maintain quality control and discipline over such a vast number of writers. A quality control that is so rare in the world of internet forums or the online comments sections of newspapers & magazines.

Please join me in a round of well deserved virtual applause for these fine men -

Aah78
Ajmat
Ampere
Bblost
BlackPearl
ChiragM
Eddy
GTO
Khan_Sultan
Manson
Navin
RahulNagaraj
Rudra Sen
SDP
SmartCat
TSK1979
TusharK
Vb-san
Zappo
Aditya
Akshay1234
Axe77
Benbsb29
Chetan_Rao
CrAzY dRiVeR
Gannu_1
Jaggu
libranof1987
Moralfibre
Omkar
Rehaan
Samurai
Sheel
Suhaas307
Suhaas Shenoy
Turbanator
UtkarshC
Vid6639

What they have built is an institution of clean, well meaning and unbiased advice, data, information in a world going increasingly commercial over trivia and shoddy creations.

Cheers.
V.Narayan is offline   (50) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks