Team-BHP > Announcements
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2023, 06:50   #106
BHPian

Re: Wishing Team-BHP, a Happy 19th Birthday | How has Team-BHP helped you?

Happy 19th Birthday to TeamBHP

I just realized this but I was born barely 3 days after this site in 2004 as I turn 19 tomorrow.

TeamBHP has solved an issue I've had for years now, while I've met many car guys in my life maybe one or two out of 200 were interested/had knowledge of the technical details and even less people were interested in the history of automobiles. TeamBHP doesn't just feel like home, it is home.

While I haven't been active much since September 2022 (mainly due to College) I still visit this site everyday. Most people watch Youtube in class or scroll Instagram, I browse TeamBHP

Last edited by GreasyCarb55 : 16th February 2023 at 06:52.
GreasyCarb55 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 09:01   #107
Senior - BHPian

Happy 19th to Tbhp !

Some of my points on this thread:

1. Some of the travelogues here have inspired me to travel and at the same time inspired me to jot down my own travelogues. Most of my travelogues are not just photos and what we did, but information for the next traveller.

2. TBhp for me is undoubtedly the best online forum when it comes to automobiles. To be honest after reading the various threads here, I do not need to buy or read any Auto magazine.

3. Some of the regular car reviews are so detailed that you keep reading it every now and then for more and more. Such details are not present anywhere else. And the reviews are not biased and to the point, not like any other car magazine which will praise all cars coming under its umbrella.

4. Many non Tbhp persons don’t know that besides automobiles Tbhp is also a wealth of other information be it credit cards, schools, children, or any important topic under the sun. This has definitely helped everyone.

5. There are lot of disagreements among members but these are mostly dealt with in a civilised manner and no harsh feelings.

6. Every good thing has bad mouthers. Even Tbhp has it. Have learnt to ignore it but I do argue my case if anyone provokes me about this prestigious forum.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 16:08   #108

Happy 19th to TeamBhp!

When I first came across this forum, I judged it a little too quick from the name and assumed it was just another collection of half baked opinions and information but I am so glad to have been proven wrong.

Now I spend most of my free time on screen at team bhp going through the rich trove of opinions and experiences.

Glad to be a part of this community.
Old 17th February 2023, 02:40   #109
BHPian

Happy 19th birthday to Team BHP.

I have been following Team BHP since 2009 and spend time in few sections of the forum almost every day. It has been a great community with plenty of knowledgeable people and resources even outside automotive.

Since i became a member in 2019, i have been a part of several meets and have met some amazing people. We have had some great meets in the past and our 2022 fall meet would be a listed as one of the top three roads trips i have even done.

Looking forward to be a part of this community in the coming years as well.
Old 17th February 2023, 08:59   #110
BHPian

When One Plus phone was launched in 2014, there was this bit of exclusivity with a phone available only on invitation. I was one of them who got one through the invite while was in USA. Over the time, that craze has fizzled off and is not that evident anymore.

2004 was when Team-BHP was formed and 2006 is when I joined Team-BHP or shall I say, Team-BHP allowed me into this platform and even till date, the craze to be a member is still active. My friends, family and colleagues ask me sometime to post on their behalf to get constructive feedback and insights.

19 years of moderation and that's what I feel has kept TeamBHP what it is today. As it was mentioned Quality over Quantity has always been the focus and it reflects. Not to forgot the unbiased reviews and opinions from moderators and owners which gives a very true picture shining out of the glitz and glamour of conventional media reviews. I still remember reading a review where it started thanking the organizers of the test drive for the flight tickets, hotel stay, good hospitality and then came out all the flaws in the car. Yes, those two aspects are not to be linked when it comes to a review. The Biryani served for dinner might be amazing, but that one annoying feature which makes the car a no go has to be spoke about.

TeamBHP has been my go-to place for car reviews whenever I or someone I know is wanting to buy a car/bike to read more about it. There are about 5-6 links that I forward to any friend who is buying a new car. PDI, Insurance, Car review etc. I did contribute to some threads and posts here and it was accepted with quite a bit of warmth. The information is not limited to cars and bikes but goes as far as pets to paints to RC vehicles. It's got everything. What also makes me keep coming back here is that there is a matured crowd not harping on the fact on whose car is bigger than the other. A Nano is also discussed with it's due respect.

Well I can go on and on but all I would like to end for now is by saying, Thank you !

HAPPY 19th!!

Last edited by abhisheksircar : 17th February 2023 at 09:01.
abhisheksircar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 13:18   #111

Proud to be a member of diehard petrol heads.That was my view when team-bhp accepted me as a member. I must say that is half the truth. Team-bhp is about better living. It has upgraded, updated me in very many aspects of life. Perhaps the only forum free of religion, politics and a shining example of secularism. As we are past our teenage, let the same be reflected in our posts , be more technical, analytical and resourceful while maintaining a healthy language with our opinions.
Wishing all the members who made Team-bhp what it is today, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TEAM-BHP.
Old 17th February 2023, 13:46   #112
IFB
BANNED

Congratulations on your 19-year anniversary, Team-BHP!

How has it benefited me?

I was doing market research on operating costs for many 4WD brands in 2017. A few critical pieces of information that I needed were not available anywhere (I interviewed service centre employees and searched online).

One of my colleagues suggested I look at the team-BHP website, and wow. I was blown away. I not only got the information I needed, but I also gained insights that helped me prepare the report.

That was the day, and I'm still hooked on this website to get information for my market research projects.

Thanks for making me part of the big TEAM-BHP family.

Keep growing.*
Old 20th February 2023, 18:13   #113
BHPian

Wishing a very happy 19th birthday to Team BHP!

To be honest, the benefits I have received from Team BHP cannot be summed up in a few words, especially in my case, as I have gained an enormous amount of knowledge through this forum.

Since 2016, I have been addicted to this site and it has helped me realize my deep interest in traveling as well as the auto industry. The knowledge I have gained from this platform surpasses what I learned in school or college, and it seems like my personal interest plays a big role in learning new things.

From improving my English writing skills to learning about cars, bikes, technology, routes, and much more, Team BHP has been one of the best online platforms for gaining knowledge. The members who passionately share their knowledge make me feel proud to be a part of this community.

Once again, a very happy birthday to Team BHP and the entire team!
Old 21st February 2023, 00:28   #114
BANNED

Congrats on 19

I have been an avid reader of Team-BHP threads for a long time , recently joined after purchasing my first car.
The community has helped me bringing out the enthusiast part of me . Lots of knowledge gained , any doubts related to vehicle first search on google is "doubt Team-BHP" or "Review Team-BHP" .
Old 23rd December 2023, 11:50   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogNDamsel12 View Post

Sharing one of my favorite photos from this year, as a gift.

Attachment 2418465
Was this picture taken at Sissu? Or enroute sissu?
CARSFASCINATEME is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2023, 15:41   #116
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

This is an excellent forum to learn new things on and to share knowledge, information and points of view on a variety of interesting topics.
The majority of the members of the forum are knowledgeable and helpful and there is a ‘sense of camaraderie’, similar to that enjoyed by the members of a Social Club.
Personally, I have gained a great deal of knowledge here, met a number of very nice people and have remained friends with many such.
With India having started to ‘come of age’ in motoring terms, this forum is clearly a respected pioneer in many ways. Team BHP saw the ‘possibilities’ long before others did and with its policy of ‘strictly no automobile industry-led advertising’ , has remained ‘pure’. I am much the happier for that fact!
Indeed, the words of the famous O.B. Keeler, the biographer of the great golfer and sports icon, Bobby Jones, echo in my mind. He said “Money, it’s going to ruin Sport”. Or words to that effect. And that, indeed, is the truth.
So, Happy Birthday to Team BHP and may the Tribe of Automobile Enthusiasts Increase!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 00:12   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARSFASCINATEME View Post
Was this picture taken at Sissu? Or enroute sissu?
This is between Rangrik and Losar - I think Khurik or Sumling.
DogNDamsel12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 03:19   #118
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

This forum has been of immense help to me.
Even though I have been a member for quite some time, I began to be active for the past year and a bit. I badly needed some alternative when my beloved passed away, and, I chose a car and a bike. This forum guided me in that pursuit and if I am sane, it is due to this forum.
Very knowledgeable members, a lovely team of moderators who keep the forum ship-shape and all the information that one would ever need.
Kudos Team Bhp
rajeevsulu is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks