Team-BHP > Announcements
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2023, 00:00   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Wishing Team-BHP, a Happy 19th Birthday | How has Team-BHP helped you?

Team-BHP just turned 19 ! This is the last of the teenage years, we've hit a phenomenal milestone & our baby is all grown up now.

In the last 19 years, we've built a colossal database of 52-lakh posts, despite our continuous efforts of "quality" over "quantity"! But then, quality begets quality, right?

In these 19 years & 52-lakh posts, how has Team-BHP helped you? What have you gained from the forum? Has it helped you make better decisions? Has it made you a better driver? A better person? I certainly can answer in the affirmative to these.

Team-BHP has helped me in so many ways that I couldn't possibly list! Lifelong friends I made thanks to the forum, the many cars in my life (the ones I own & equally important, all the new test-drive cars I keep experiencing), the big meets, fun drives, everlasting memories created...there are just way too many to list. But let me try and attempt just a few from the recent past.

• Made me a better writer & a more analytical thinker. Nothing quite gets the creative juices flowing than threads like this, this or this. And nothing more I enjoy than a good, healthy debate on the forum.

• Team-BHP Travelogues inspire me to travel more, drive more, road-trip more...
Wishing Team-BHP, a Happy 19th Birthday | How has Team-BHP helped you?-1.jpg

Wishing Team-BHP, a Happy 19th Birthday | How has Team-BHP helped you?-img4614.jpg

• Learn, learn, learn. There isn't a day when I don't learn something new on the forum. The fresh perspectives brought on by 70,000+ members are fascinating. Frequently, I'll come across a different point-of-view posted by a BHPian and think "now, how come I didn't think of that one before!". Just today, I learnt new stuff from pqr's thread on the MNC car companies.

• On the personal front, Team-BHP helped me lose 20 kilos, quit smoking, get a successful hair transplant, fix my teeth via braces...all from threads in the "Shifting Gears" forum.
Wishing Team-BHP, a Happy 19th Birthday | How has Team-BHP helped you?-img20211016wa0041.jpg

• Team-BHP has changed my thinking on some topics I was stubbornly opinionated about. Example, as a Jeeper from the 90s, for me, Jeeps = Diesel. But I ended up buying a Thar turbo-petrol, thanks to advice from BHPians & good friends. Didn't want BS6 exhaust headaches, and am now loving the fast performance & refinement of the turbo-petrol motor.

Wishing Team-BHP, a Happy 19th Birthday | How has Team-BHP helped you?-img_4849.jpg

• Time & again, Team-BHP has shown me the power of communities. If a BHPian is in trouble or looking for help, you can bet that other BHPians will step forward to assist. Be it a member stranded on the highway, or facing a warranty issue with a failed engine, or just eternally confused between four 20-lakh car options, a BHPian can count on the support of other forum members. Even if they don't always see eye-to-eye . From Team-BHP Meets:
Wishing Team-BHP, a Happy 19th Birthday | How has Team-BHP helped you?-_tej2064.jpg

Wishing Team-BHP, a Happy 19th Birthday | How has Team-BHP helped you?-cars-parked-2.jpg

Wishing Team-BHP, a Happy 19th Birthday | How has Team-BHP helped you?-when-aggrieved-owner-writes-his-plight-.jpg

• Team-BHP has created enough memories to last a lifetime (A dozen years of memories...Happy 12th Birthday, Team-BHP!). Or two.

Wishing Team-BHP, a Happy 19th Birthday | How has Team-BHP helped you?-5-planet-bollywood-8.jpg

Wishing Team-BHP, a Happy 19th Birthday | How has Team-BHP helped you?-20200104-19.40.54.jpg

Wishing Team-BHP, a Happy 19th Birthday | How has Team-BHP helped you?-9b.jpg

• If it weren’t for Team-BHP, I’d never have gotten the chance to enjoy an in-depth look at the auto industry as I do today. And for that, I’m eternally grateful. An industry that is a powerhouse in India, the most dynamic, the most interesting, one that creates lakhs of jobs & contributes greatly to our beloved India’s GDP. Did I mention the lovely cars this industry churns out every year? I always had petrol in my veins, but the opportunities that Team-BHP gave me took my auto-enthusiasm to an entirely different level.

There's nothing else I'd rather have done for the last 19 years:
Wishing Team-BHP, a Happy 19th Birthday | How has Team-BHP helped you?-gto-putting-sticker.jpg

So, how has Team-BHP helped you? Do share.

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th February 2023 at 08:31.
GTO is offline   (228) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 00:46   #2
BHPian

Re: Wishing Team-BHP, a Happy 19th Birthday | How has Team-BHP helped you?

Well i was always a car buff but didn't know why i liked cars and as i came from a very humble background where cars were only meant for A to B and friends never had similar interests i was always taken as a weird one and singled out because i would talk about care and would be excited to see the latest cars in my neighbourhood and would just go closer to take a peek at them, as a 8-9 year old i used to take cuttings of cars and auto expos from the daily newspapers and made a scrap book and i used to be very proud of it but once i had taken it to school and someone took it out and i was made fun of and i just sort of stopped eventually even though i was still interested i didn't talk much and there was no access to interest back then so i just never knew why i liked cars so much, i guess my father is a car enthusiast too because the way he takes care of his steads but somewhere the daily grind has just put a lid over it.

Circa 2014-15 while searching for something about our car i came across teambhp and suddenly everything was pretty clear and i knew that i am not the only one and i came to know that there is a term called car enthusiast and there is a community for us and now even though none of my friends talked about cars, i did and slowly i started learning everything from teambhp and no more my passion was weird for me.

As a kid i always wanted to be a race car driver but only later i realised the chances of that happening are nil in India for me, so I chose whatever my parents decided for me to do as a career but hopefully i can become a contributor to this community because sometimes i just regurgitate when i come across the cringe youtube videos of these so called reviewers.

I owe my passion for cars to teambhp.

Last edited by revvharder : 14th February 2023 at 00:48.
revvharder is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 01:16   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Happy 19th!

Been a member of Team-Bhp for nearly a decade.
Have gained a lot from Team-Bhp.
Let's see if I can make a checklist-

Knowledge about cars - Check
Improving my driving skills- Check
Getting help in planning trips- Check
Need help in business- Check
Need a doctor - Check
Need a lawyer - Check
Friends who can stand beside me at any point of time- Check
& lastly getting a permanent travel partner- Check

Wishing Team-BHP, a Happy 19th Birthday | How has Team-BHP helped you?-img_5748.jpg

Last edited by Samba : 14th February 2023 at 01:32.
Samba is offline   (43) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 03:00   #4
BHPian

This is awesome!
Wishing Team-BHP a very Happy Birthday and my heartfelt greetings to everyone who has contributed consistently to this community.

I have tracked this Forum for a while, been a member since not-so-long-ago, since Jan 2021.

What the forum has given me, besides a cartload of information and ability to make decisions, is the gumption to embrace a life outside of work, and to pursue travel to some of the places that I had dreamt of doing for a while, now doing those with an accomplice who's made it happen.

Since I am all for increasing diversity, this forum has also accepted my opinion and challenged my beliefs, helping to build more logical arguments. In the face of hostile externalities, I have also seen the forum ensure the safety of expression and inclusiveness to all its members.

Sharing one of my favorite photos from this year, as a gift.

Wishing Team-BHP, a Happy 19th Birthday | How has Team-BHP helped you?-img20230214wa0000.jpg
DogNDamsel12 is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 05:30   #5
Senior - BHPian

Apart from providing tons of information related to everything under the sun, this forum has taught me the importance of humility; of being courteous to fellow members, most of whom I will probably never meet in person. The art of putting across a theory without hurting others but at the same time not refraining from calling a spade a spade is a valuable asset that I have picked up in the gullies of TeamBhp. I have clearly understood that there are always multiple angles to look at a topic and that majority public opinion alone doesn't lend authenticity to a viewpoint.

TeamBhp has opened a porthole to an ether world consisting of people who, but for the forum, I wouldn't have had chances of interacting with. I feel like a buyer walking the vendor streets of Hampi in its heyday!

The forum has shown me, through various examples, the unlimited possibilities of human endeavour. From the flooded bylanes of Kerala to the slippery streets of Kashmir, from the dense forests of Meghalaya to the arid deserts of Rajasthan, a Bhpian has left his mark everywhere. The stories that follow out of these travels are priceless.

The last six years of my life and perhaps the next sixty would certainly have been duller and different had i not been a contributing member of this wholesome forum.

Congratulations on the 19th.
dailydriver is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 07:53   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on the 19th. In today's world where digital media is mostly about videos and short text and short attention spans, glad to see Team Bhp continue to thrive. As others have said, it is typically my go to place for any kind of information irrespective of whether it is automotive or not.

In addition for people like me who are more comfortable with the written word rather than conversations or in person meetings- especially with unknown people, team bhp is a wonderful window to express thoughts and share information through the written word in a cloak of semi-anonymity. I personally love that.

The other unique thing personally for me is getting to know a lot of members very well virtually and even though I have not met most of them in person, I can and do reach out for any specific need or help without any hesitation and all of them reciprocate.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 14th February 2023 at 07:59.
Rajeevraj is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 08:46   #7
BHPian

TBHP is a gold mine of information. Something for everyone.
While I personally don't really care much about the technical stuff, I do enjoy reading the car reviews. As always, they are totally unbiased, with lot of pics.

However, for me, the must visit forum is the travelogue section.
Its replete with so many adventures, where members drive to exciting locations. I remember my first post ever on TBHP was my travelogue to Purandar fort. Initially I was a bit hesitant, as the distance was not much (a mere ~35 Km), and nothing exciting happened. But then I decided to take the plunge and later was glad I did. Quite a few members enjoyed it as well as the grainy pics I had managed with my cell phone.

I always read the travelogues, many a times with a tinge of envy, as members share their adventures. Thanks to them, my TODO list is full of so many such places all over India. Hope I can visit all of them, before my engine shuts down for good.
Looking forward to millions of miles down the road.

Happy birthday TBHP. You absolutely rock.
RedTerrano is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 09:28   #8
BHPian

I really doubt whether there is any other web community that exists to meet two KEY requirements expecting nothing back. 1. Develop and nurture healthy automotive culture and discussions 2. Protect automobile consumers interests. Rest all bonus. I have a problem and come here, post and can expect a solution for SURE. Even if I need to get the manufacturer attention. This is possible only in team bhp. THIS IS WHY I AM HERE TO SUPPORT TBHP. I salute you GTO the brain and all the key people who manages this supreme place to discuss anything that moves. Kudos to you guys. You don't know what kind of service you're doing to us all the consumers. Wish every domain/industry has TBHP like place, the world will be a far better place for consumers. Now they are all taken for a ride.
sgmuser is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 09:33   #9
BHPian

Wow! Congratulations on the 19th

Team Bhp helped me in many ways

•For the past 2 years, I spend most of my free time on team bhp which contributes about 60% of the screen time on my mobile phone. In my school and college days every month, I used to buy Autocar magazine but after reading genuine and unbiased reviews of the owners, and quality content, Now I am addicted to Team bhp.

• Team bhp has helped me to improve my writing and reading skills. Special thanks to fellow members for their excellent English writing and grammar skills.

• Team bhp has helped me grow my love for automobiles and increase my knowledge about them.

• Team bhp travelogues have helped me to plan an itinerary for the holidays, including the best places, best routes, best restaurants, etc.

All the members care for each other, recently I posted about my jeep compass accident, and most of the active members motivated me to come out of the negative feelings.
Thank you to all.

Last edited by vattyboy : 14th February 2023 at 09:37.
vattyboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 09:41   #10
Senior - BHPian

Team-BHP

- Got a Guru!!

He shaped my life; put me into the 20% category & striving to be in that 2%; best part being his influence on my family as well. And it all started with a stupidity of mine sharing this picture (which I feel very embarrassed now)!!

Wishing Team-BHP, a Happy 19th Birthday | How has Team-BHP helped you?-s1.jpg

It's not a forum, it's a culture, it's perhaps an (automotive) religion?
aargee is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 09:58   #11
BHPian

Hello Team BHP.....Happy 19th Birthday to you !!!

Long Live this forum as it is a treasure trove of information which has helped 1st time car owners like me to understand the world of cars from the fellow users perspective.

Unlike Car Magazines which show only High-End cars and New Launches, many times using sugar-coated words to describe the flaws in the product, this forum, its Members Admins,Moderators etc. all deserve a Big Round of Applause for their candid feedback on the newly launched and updated/facelifted Cars (and sometimes Bikes) with the uncanny ability to call a Spade a SPADE !!.

The most important things which I learnt from this forum is how to get More Car from My Car....Using it to its full potential, Lovely Travelogues from the members in different parts of India with detailed description and pictures add fuel to the fire of Wanderlust in me for going on Long Drives (mostly on free weekends subject to family's schedule). Informative topics on maintaining the Car in Top shape, mechanically and aesthetically has been instrumental in keeping my cars in good condition.

The early adopters of EVs in this forum with their sharing of everyday issues of battery problems as well as Road trips are also inspiring me to make the shift in next 3-5 years. I backed out of booking an OLA S1 Pro as I felt that the products as well as infrastructure needs some more time to catch up,courtesy anecdotes from many members.

An added Bonus is the discussion on Topics other than Cars, which was my daily read during Covid Lockdown.
TEAM BHP AND BHPIANS ROCK !!!

Last edited by Eddy : 14th February 2023 at 12:58. Reason: Spacing for better readability
HooghlyBoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 10:27   #12
BHPian

To the entire Team-BHP family, happy 19th birthday!

Your collective knowledge and expertise make you the best automotive community out there. Keep up the great work! Your dedication to providing accurate, unbiased information and fostering a sense of community is unmatched. Proud to be part of this family
TorqueKnight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 10:32   #13
BHPian

Happy Birthday, Team BHP!

Many Congratulations to all Mods, Admins, behind-the-scene folks, distinguished members, members, visitors!

This repository of knowledge and the community that generates it, is unparalleled!

Has helped me buy a new car, amidst confusion, establishing clarity between needs and wants
Learnt lots of new tech stuff, and dusting up on old knowledge
Learnt humility- from the esteemed members, who put forth their perspective, while respecting everybody else's
Last, but not the least, learnt new stuff from the 'shifting gears', on diverse matters- the anything and everything section!

Keep rocking!

Best Wishes
~ysjoy
ysjoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 10:37   #14
BHPian

Happy 19th Birthday Team-BHP.

I am delighted to join this fantastic forum recently. Have learnt a lot from you guys since over a decade and I would like to thank each and every forum members to maintain the quality of this forum. You are PURE GOLD.

All the very best!!
Attached Images

GoBabyGo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 10:47   #15
Senior - BHPian

Happy 19th, Team-BHP

Apart from all the time immemorial auto knowledge + drooling travelogues and the "Shifting Gears" section over the past decade of joining this wonderful family, the one thing that this forum has helped the all-my-life left-brained, consultant, analyst me - its ok to buy a car with your heart sometime, and not necessarily with your head!

Cheers.

Last edited by JoshMachine : 14th February 2023 at 11:06.
JoshMachine is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks