Team-BHP > Announcements
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2005, 09:52   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Currently spending very little time on board.
Correction, I am always logged in but there is a lot happening behind the scenes. Do you remember the huge suggestions list from fellow Team-BHPians?

GTO
Old 22nd February 2005, 09:59   #17
Team-BHP Support

Rudra cheers to ya
Old 22nd February 2005, 10:11   #18
Team-BHP Support

Rudra, if you had told me what the post was about in your txt last night, I would've logged on ASAP!

For people who don't know yet, I like to call Rudra our "Member Liaison Manager". Reading his post, I think that becomes quite clear. He truely is the brigde that connects the older amoungst us to the younger, the bikers to the car guys...and drinkers to non-drinkers.The guy really is an ol' softy at heart, even though his black monster of an Amby would suggest otherwise.

Rudra, you said you have to learn to "Take a long time to decide on any acquisition", well, I need to learn how NOT to take too long to decide from you!

P.s. about that key, well, don't laugh but I had a similar episode at the Speedrun, this time with my wallet I think I'm getting old...time to break out the scotch now.
Old 22nd February 2005, 10:28   #19
BHPian

Rudra Sir,
I got to spend may be something over 20-30 mins at the bhp meet.. Guess thats why u forgot to mention my name.. Really dint get time to talk to you much.. but i remember you asked me stand beside u'r love.... Man, it was an honour... Wish I was ain B'lore to be part of the meets and learn so much from this great mind..
This post along with the post on the amby were truely exceptional..
Congrats on becoming Team-BHP Moderator.....

_CheerS_

RiCKY
Old 22nd February 2005, 10:34   #20
Senior - BHPian

awesome...sir. it is very touching.
amazing aint it what a group of good friends can do to someone's life.
Old 22nd February 2005, 10:45   #21
Senior - BHPian

Amazing sir! Very touching write up there.
Old 22nd February 2005, 11:05   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on becoming a moderator Rudra. I guess now u dont havta call up anyone in the middle of the night to get an offending post removed. hehehe....
I was out of town and out of touch with internet for the past 4 days (even my reliance phone wasnt catching any signal there)... all the time i kept wondering wot would be happening at TBHP. today when i logged in, this post was the first one i read. This is what happens when an artist gets passionate about something.
Way to go Rudra.
Old 22nd February 2005, 11:07   #23
Senior - BHPian

A very emotional post Rudra, and it actually shows our emotions and love for Team-BHP. It also goes to show how our lives have changed after converting into a BHPian. Although I didn't meet you this is what I made of you >

Rudra Sen - The oldest member of the group. Has photography and automobiles as a 24/7 passion and now even writing. Owns an Ambassador which is definitely the best Ambassador in the world. Has a huge knowledge of where? how? what? about spare parts [at least thats what I noticed ].

When Rudra started posting, I was amazed with his photographs, they left us speechless. We had absolutely no words to express ourselves. The words were almost common - "Awesome, Wow, Great Pictures, Amazing, Beautiful!"

I'd want to write a few things about how I've found Team-BHP too. So here goes, fingers crossed

About three-four years back I used to post on this forum called "Autocar India Forum". The forum was very simple and easy to use, but very vulnerable and unsecure. We discussed a lot over there. But more than discussion, there were a lot of fights [not between us, but other members used to post nonsense]. This is where I first met Dippy, GTO, Revvmaster, Stratos, V12, Aditya, Rehaan, Shan2nu. There used to be this guy called D, who claimed that Spiderman's 355 is a kit car.

Every four weeks, someone used to post wierd codes in the forum and the whole forum used to get messed up and Autocar used to shut the forum for another four weeks. This continued multiple times until a time came when the forum never came back at all.

Then one day I recieve this mail from GTO asking me to join Formula India. Well since I didn't know of any other forum then I accepted it, and once again I met GTO, Dippy, Revvmaster, Stratos, V12, Aditya, Rehaan, Shan2nu. The best thing about Formula India [and even Team-BHP] was that there were all no-nonsense posts. I've met these guys only twice during Formula India. When we met, there was never cheap talks or cheap behaviour. There was only decent talk and we spoke only Cars/Bikes. We continued like this for a year I guess [ I don't even remember! ]. And one fine day we had talks to make ourselves an independent forum.

Feb 14, 2004 - The best Automotive forum emerged. Team-BHP.com. This time met the guys about four times. More members started pouring in, the best during the post-days of the Speed Run 2004. New people showed up on the site - Rtech, Rudra Sen, F50, Normally_Crazy, Ported head, Domnic, Tom, Salil, ComfortablyWacky, shravan316, iceman91, Speedsatya, Nitroxx, Jesal, etc. Some of them completely into the technical know-how of automobiles and motorcycles. We discussed and we discussed, and we discussed. A year passed and we were already 1500 members.

Recently at the Speed Run 2005, hardly spoke to Normally_Crazy for about 3 mins not knowing he was NC. Also met Domnic, Jesal, Ported Head, F50, Dippy, GTO, Nitroxx, Revvmaster, Stratos, V12, Salil and a few others. It was great, we had loads of fun.

Yet to meet a lot of members, and like you said Rudra - "So many friends!! And so little time?". I'll try making up for the next meet.

P.S. Rudra, I do love taking pics, but its just for cars I'd love to learn more about cars though if I'd the option.
Old 22nd February 2005, 11:37   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

some of the posts on this thread are very touching...
i have to start going to these meets now man .. always wanted to but never could ...
anyway rudra congrats on ecoming a mod ...
Old 22nd February 2005, 11:37   #25
Senior - BHPian

Straight from the Heart :)

An absolutely amazing write-up. I have heard Speedsatya praising you & this write up justifies all the praise. I haven't been able to meet a single T-Bhpian till date (even though I wanted to, but I guess I didn't put enough efforts) I would now surely like to meet all & specially you.

Do let me know if u guys are meeting on any of the weekends. Also how often do you come to pune?? I wouldn't mind meeting you here either

Last edited by Technocrat : 22nd February 2005 at 11:44.
Old 22nd February 2005, 12:20   #26
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

as usual amazing topic rudra. even though i dont read such looong posts , if its come from you i make it a point to read it. theres something about the way you write that makes everyone read each and every word of it.
havent been coming for the Tbhp meets since a loooong time. get an off only on sat/sun which i spend mostly at home or with friends. Will definitely try to come for the meets quite often.
Old 22nd February 2005, 12:33   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
get an off only on sat/sun which i spend mostly at home or with friends.
Friends?? Uhh then what are we?

Anyways lovely write up Rudra . Surely brings back all the old memories and makes us realize that we have come a long way. Great to have you on as a mod Rudra. We really havent met in ages. Hoped we'd meet you at the drag but then you werent there.

Lets meet up soon its been high time

Dippy
Old 22nd February 2005, 12:42   #28
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Friends?? Uhh then what are we?
hey dippy now dont get so emotional

Quote:
Will definitely try to come for the meets quite often.
Old 22nd February 2005, 12:46   #29
Senior - BHPian

It all started coz I owned a modded Conti and Rudra hadn't seen it time has flown and after Rudra's Amby was done we both only seem to have only one discussion Engine / Header... Engine / Header... Engine / Header... Engine / Header... (Jaggu you know abt this one the best)

Other than that it has gradually gotten us to a point where we could call ourselves True Motorheads who end up meeting at least 2 times a week over a few drinks. (Rudra I apologise on behalf of Jaggu and myself for the bills )

Well let the good times flow and the old men be merry.
Old 22nd February 2005, 12:57   #30
Team-BHP Support

i still have... "header/engine" booming in my head everytime i enter the watering hole

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks