Team-BHP - The Team-BHP Story
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Announcements (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/)
-   -   The Team-BHP Story (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/58011-team-bhp-story-6.html)

It takes a dream, a vision and never ending zeal to achieve what you loved, to do what you did, and a lot of character as well as perseverance to keep on doing it day in-day out without losing love. Me, being just an average joe, have nothing in common with you guys, all I can do is stand up and salute!

A big salute to all the moderators.

But I will share a bit about how Tbhp has been as much a part of my life's key decisions, as my wife, or parents have been.

I chanced upon this site way back in 2008, when I had just got my first job, and was looking to fulfill my first dream (no, job was not a dream!), a bike of my own.

That was the time, when bike meant hero honda, and Pulsar for a few more enthusiastic ones. I browsed through the pages of Tbhp, and guess what, I bought a TVS Apache RTR160 (i can guarantee, very few people, even among owners, would know what RTR stands for - Racing throttle response, so Tbhp-ish, isn't it?). Needless to say, I was hooked to Tbhp forever.

At that time, I was not much into cars (my interest only limited to smash-looking desktop wallpapers of exotic cars). I never thought I would be able to own a new car in near future. Tbhp to rescue again, I was sold to the idea of, and bought a pre-owned car in 2012.

That year onward, I tried innumerable times to join Tbhp as a member, through multiple names, multiple email IDs, but never got through it. Perhaps I was not good enough. Eventually I gave up trying and settled with browsing through the pages as a guest (that's me, average commuter grade engine kind, giving up as soon as given an incline, contended with being medicore).
My wife has always been like a turbo to me, pushing me to churn out every possible Watt of torque possible from me. One fine day I was telling her about my many failures so far in life, including not being able to join Tbhp, and she was furious. "How can you stop trying?". So there I was, now a father of a newborn, trying again for the membership, with enthusiasm of a boy. It took 3 more attempts! such a proud moment. Felt like I have graduated.

Ever since 2008, Tbhp has been a constant page on my laptop, always logged in. I have shared jokes from the official jokes thread to my facebook account, shared advise with friends, even started saving after going through the "life in 40's" thread. Travel queries, route queries, car insurance, what not. I have so much faith in the official car reviews, that I can buy a car without even test driving it, only relying on the review. You take a test drive of any car, and then read the official review. Seldom you will find anything missing from what you felt (while finding tons of things you missed yourself in the test drive).

I can write on and on, but the whole point of writing this is just this: Thank you guys, just want to let you know, Your efforts are appreciated, your advise is taken, your enthusiasm is felt, and your dream is shared, much more than you may have thought, by much more people than you think, in much more ways than you may ever come to know. My good wishes will never desert you.

P.S. Considering Tbhp have turned an ignorant person like me to a novice, then to a newbie, to an enthusiast now, I am really looking forward to the day (in near future, hopefully), I will become a moderator myself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator (Post 3965864)
It takes a dream, a vision and never ending zeal to achieve what you loved, to do what you did, and a lot of character as well as perseverance to keep on doing it day in-day out without losing love. Me, being just an average joe, have nothing in common with you guys, all I can do is stand up and salute!

A big salute to all the moderators.

Welcome Nav-i-gator,

I, in fact we all, can very well understand the mental trauma of being a reject for multiple times but that one mail saying "membership approved" compels to forget all the pain and agony.

We all are in the same boat trying to talk the same language through this forum.

I am a newbie too and have gone through similar experiences but not for that long.:D

Keep revving and respect the stickers pasted on your vehicle.

regards,

I can only say congratulations.
Its been a constantly upwards jouney with many great moment.
Over 12 years now.

Even I must have been on this forum for almost a decade now. How time passes you never realize.

Lets look forward to more good times ahead! Lets say the new king of good times!