Team-BHP > Announcements

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2005, 15:46   #1
Senior - BHPian

My journey at Team BHP... The experience of a lifetime !!

One evening, about three years ago in the latter half of 2002, I logged on to the ACI website. I was a regular browser there but this time I decided to check out the Forums section. Little did I know that this one click would change my life forever. It was my first at a forum such as this. I went through some of the topics when I stumbled upon one which caught my attention “ Ferrari 355 of Mumbai” . This car at that time was the most sought after machine in Mumbai at that time so I decided to check out the contents.

Upon opening the topic, I saw many a car freak just like yours truly having a good discussion on this particular Prancing Horse. Since I had some nice experiences with this car, I decided to join the gang and post my two cents. It didn’t take long before I got addicted to this forum and soon enough started having good conversations with some of the members. Some of the names I came across were M5, Rohin, Rehaan, Nishant, Allen, Gordon to name a few. At that time I had no idea but these were just the guys I would soon develop a special bond with many more to follow.

The first ever member of a forum I met was Allen who is popularly known as V12 on Team BHP. The reason for meeting him was to check out Spiderman’s newly acquired Ferrari 360 Spider. I met up with him near his residence and I must say it was quite a memorable first meet for both of us (I’m sure he will agree). From chasing the 360 around Seven Bunglows area to chatting up with Spiderman in the middle of the road blocking traffic (Spiderman has been a school buddy), we did it all. Also met Gordon at the same time.

The next guy I met was Nishant, the Lambo lover. A thread on me getting up close and personal with a Diablo in Mumbai was enough for him to give me a call. Gave him the info he needed to get there and that was that. Anything for a fellow car lover you see. But I never met him until the first ever Speed Run and what do you know? I made another friend.

Time went on at the ACI forum but soon enough the quality died down due to some senseless kit car discussions. I’m sure all my buddies will remember those days. Eventually the forum closed down and there was nothing to do until one day I got an invitation join a group called ‘Formula India’. I joined the group and hey all my friends from the previous forum were here. At this time I asked my close friend Aditya (now a mod) to join in. Before this, it used to be just the two of us discussing cars due to the lack of like minded souls. Formula India was a great place to be and we carried on from where we left off. Soon we decided we had to meet. There weren’t many members around but still we had to do it. Ultimately it was just me, Rohin(Revvmaster) and Rehaan who met up to watch some F1 together. Not much conversation but it was still a meet. Time passed and one evening I got a call “ Hey guess who this is?” I was blank. It was M5 ( we all know him as GTO now) and suggested we meet up. So meet we did on a rainy weeknight on Worli Seaface. We were joined by Aditya and his brother and Rehaan popped in too. GTO showed us the love of his life, his Mahindra Classic a day before she went in for a complete makeover. Now she looks amazing. GTO your hard work has paid off. This was the best meet yet with great car talk and a trip to pay respects to the mighty Diablo. And yes some nice driving on seaface by Rehaan.

Formula India went on for a long time until one day we decided that we would have our own space on the web. And thus Team BHP was born. As the site grew I made more and more friends. We started meeting more often and I didn’t even realize how close I grew to my new friends. The biggest meet we had after the birth of TB was at the Speed Run 04’. With a big member turn out, we had the time of our lives. Later I did my first road trip with my new friends to Panchgani. It was the best trip I ever had and time just flew. We drove in the rain, did some twisty road driving, karting, feasting on the local specialties, playing NFS on a notebook computer in a hotel with no electricity, we did it all. My bonding grew stronger after this trip. Followed this up with a trip to Goa earlier this year with a few Bhpians and I had the time of my life. The bonding just strengtened. We still meet up every weekend to spend some quality time together. Be it just a drive or some dinner over beer. Though I dont drink I give my pals good company. They do take me to some wierd joints though. Outside the site, the group conversations we have on our messengers are hillarious and go on way into the night. The recent drives we have started having out of the city has made Team BHP even more fun.

At this point I would like to mention a few friends who I have grown really close to over past 2 years

GTO: We’ve had some fun times together right from the Formula India days. From Jeep rides to Vtecing in Mahableshwar. Its great be part of the Team BHP family. You CJ rocks..Oh yeah apparently we are schoolmates too.

Revvmaster:
From the FI days too, we’ve had some great times and oh how can I forget great lunches we’ve done so regularly. You’ve always been around when I needed you.

Rehaan:
355 worshipper just like me. Breaks into poetry hearing the Tubis. Cant blame him. Thanks for those late breaking experiences we had together and the technique to get into Diablo and Viper territory (you know what I mean).

Aditya : Know him for ages. My best pal and British car lover

Stratos: You have the talent to tickle my funny bone. Your knowledge of automobiles is awesome and a true gem of a person at heart.

Rudra : The wise old man from Team BHP. Always been there when I need to talk. Calls me when he photographs his models. He still has to click mine. We’ve absolutely have a ball when we meet. Cant wait to see you again. It’s been a long time. You are the inspiration behind this write up.

Rtech: Bike rider and Skoda man. Just loves to rip his Powerboxed Octy. Cheers mate. Gets bored of my favourite eating joint at times. I love your two wheeled friend.

Salil: Cell phone addict. Now cracking his brains at a car design college in Italy. Man you make me jealous

Shantanu: Great friend. The official Vtec Spokesperson. His City Vtec is his darling.

F50: Close friend. Our friendship has really grown. We have had some good Red Bull times together.

V12: Supercar hunter just like me. We don’t meet often now but I hope we do so soon.

RG: You’ve been a great pal. Our friendship has matured over time. We’ve had some great times together

Domnic: Extremely talented guy. His knowledge on the tuning thing is second to none. It was fun hanging out with you when you were down in Mumbai. I enjoyed myself to the core. That was one fun filled night out.

Normally Crazy: Great friend and human being. Likes clicking my shaadi.com pic when I'm not looking. Always ready to come whenever you need him. Here’s to the many kabab chutney outings we have had together.

Ported Head: True Porsche lover. Currently tied down by auto engineering. Hope to see you drive your own 911 Turbo someday pal. If I get my 355 someday, we must hit off on the highway together.

Nitroxx: I have to thank your wheels to have given me such a great friend. Cheers

Drifter: Great buddy. Grew even close during our Goa trip. Just love his CRDi with the fancy neons. And you get new tyres.. finally

Apart from these there are others Kinetik, Speedsatya, Gordon, Manaa45,Viper, Grim Reaper, Powerfreak, manson, Mad Monkey, RJK, Jigarmuni, Jesal, manson, Ford Rocam, bhp , adya33, Technocrat etc.. (There are more but this post is getting long) its really nice knowing you all.

Psycho, Jaggu, Satish, aadix, shravan, ajmat, amitoj, anoops all the Bangalore guys. I may have never met you but you all but you fellows are close to my heart. I will make a trip soon to meet all you guys and thats a promise. Don’t not feel offended if I left some names out, there are just too many friends.

Its been close to two years now on Team BHP and there is so much I got from it in this short span. I learnt so much and got so many wonderful friends. I hope this continues for many more years to come. It feels great to be part of the Team BHP family.

Sorry for the long post but it was a long time coming. This must be my longest post ever.

I love you Team BHP

Dippy

Last edited by Dippy : 2nd October 2005 at 02:37.
Dippy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st October 2005, 15:55   #2
BHPian

Wherez my name?? sob..sob!!

LOL..
Old 1st October 2005, 16:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy
Psycho, Jaggu, Satish, aadix, shravan, ajmat, amitoj, anoops all the Bangalore guys. I may have never met you but you all but you fellows are close to my heart. Don’t not feel offended if I left some names out, there are just too many friends.

Its been close to two years now on Team BHP and there is so much I got from it in this short span. I learnt so much and got so many wonderful friends. I hope this continues for many more years to come. It feels great to be part of the Team BHP family.

Sorry for the long post but it was a long time coming. This must be my longest post ever.

I love you Team BHP

Dippy

my dear dippy

the sentiments you shared in the above post resonates in most of the hardcore team-bhpian's mind.

i still remember the day i joined,read abt it in the aci issue and then saw allen post abt this in xbhp( damn! was addicted to that site,until this come along!!) then jumped ship to this lovely site i call my first home on the internet.

made many good pals here most of them being manily from the south and a few from mumbai.

hope team-bhp is something which we can pass it along to our grandchildren... that's something i would.

take care

aaditya
Old 1st October 2005, 16:07   #4
Senior - BHPian

Great write up buddy. Teambhp has become such a huge part of all our lives...Thanks to GTO and all others who have made this possible.
Have made really great friends here.

Drifter
Old 1st October 2005, 16:10   #5
Senior - BHPian

Phew...while reading thru that post initially I had a dreaded, desperate feeling that you are going to leave TBHP...! oh my....it was such sentimental ...sentimental and nostalgic.

Dippy, we are living in a turning point of the history our nation. We (TBHP and INDIA) are emerging, realizing our potential. We must thank god for making this happen. There was a generation like us who lived (in their youth) in the 1940's. After that almost 50 years (the youthful years of two generations) were simply wasted. They watched chitrahaar in B/W TV, waited seven years for a chetak scooter, drove their padminis and amby with white-walled nylon tyres...That was their destiny.

This is our destiny. And we are only beginning. We are only beginning to revvup and we can look forward to wonderful things and people in the coming years.
Cheers....

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 1st October 2005 at 16:12.
Old 1st October 2005, 16:26   #6
Senior - BHPian

Nice write up Dippy.

Sandeep, I concur.
Old 1st October 2005, 16:28   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Oh boy, we car guys can be such sentimental suckers. First Rudra with his poetic outpour and now Dippy!

Very well written Dippy. Pleasure walking down memory lane with your summary of day one to current date. Why are we such suckers when it comes to cars? Theres not a living moment in my grey cells without something automotive running through. Seriously.

When Team-BHP was offline the day before, all the calls/SMS/emails proved the love and support that this community enjoys.

GTO
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2005, 16:37   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hey Dippy that was a great write up and really Team-BHP is the best thing to happen for all the car enthusiasts. I feel very proud to be a part of this community. Great work guys.
Cheers
Old 1st October 2005, 16:38   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas
Phew...while reading thru that post initially I had a dreaded, desperate feeling that you are going to leave TBHP...! oh my....it was such sentimental ...sentimental and nostalgic.

Dippy, we are living in a turning point of the history our nation. We (TBHP and INDIA) are emerging, realizing our potential. We must thank god for making this happen. There was a generation like us who lived (in their youth) in the 1940's. After that almost 50 years (the youthful years of two generations) were simply wasted. They watched chitrahaar in B/W TV, waited seven years for a chetak scooter, drove their padminis and amby with white-walled nylon tyres...That was their destiny.

This is our destiny. And we are only beginning. We are only beginning to revvup and we can look forward to wonderful things and people in the coming years.
Cheers....
Very well said.

Dippy, i am sure there are many here who have gone through similar experience as your own and their lives have been changed to a great extent (i know mine has). Man, i soo wish i could be in India to enjoy all those t-bhp outings. Or maybe you guys could come here. It was a great feeling reading your experiences. i especially loved this line "Little did I know that this one click would change my life forever".
Old 1st October 2005, 17:38   #10
Senior - BHPian

Very nicely put up Dippy. Frankly, for me there is nothing in life as pleasurable as Team-BHP. Its the ONLY and I mean ONLY place where you get proper quality automobile enthisiasts. It all goes to GTO for making a place for us. Thank you mate and thanks to all other mods and members. We are now like family.
Old 1st October 2005, 20:41   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Oh boy, we car guys can be such sentimental suckers. First Rudra with his poetic outpour and now Dippy!
Just you wait pal. All my write up henceforth will be prosaic.

Dippy bro, I'm still wiping my eyes.... Good honest writing. Just loved it.
Old 1st October 2005, 21:03   #12
Senior - BHPian

Hey Dippy

I am so moved with the writeup. Can't think it's more than an year I have been addicted to this small world of motor heads. Thanks to that link in a corner in IndiaCar Site forum posts. TBHP members are the people who shared the most joy with me when I bought my car.
Old 1st October 2005, 21:05   #13
Senior - BHPian

Nice write-up Dippy.Goes to show the effort it takes to form a meaningful and nice community.

X
Old 1st October 2005, 23:30   #14
BHPian

Hey dippy that was straight from ur heart and on to the web man........

There's a very strong bonding among bhpians which i have found here, and i hope it grows stronger and bigger day by day.
Old 2nd October 2005, 00:02   #15
Team-BHP Support

Great writeup man. Team-bhp is really more like a family. Infact when i attended a bangalore meet, i had a hard time remebering real names and i am more comfortable with the team-bhp names!
Its high time we got an IRC channel where we can all chat up live. What say people
And creating an irc channel is free on servers like irc.freenode.net.

Most Viewed