Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2006, 00:23   #1
BHPian

ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift

I got a Kenwood KDC-MP333 unit and a pair of 4 inch Kenwood KFC-1050SBDimple-Type Injection Cone Woofer, 100mm (4in.) Dual Cone Speakers. Peak Power - 110W, Rated Power 20W. This has been sent from Dubai for my Swift Vxi. The Swift only has 6inch speaker space on the door.

I talked to my Maruti Dealer and he said that it is not possible to place the 4inch speakers on the door. He said that he can install it in the rear, and try to place something as cover for the speaker. I'm not interested in placing anything on the rear.

I'm planning on buying a pair of Sony Xplod speakers, or anything in that price range, which would u guys recommend. By the way whats the price for the Sony Xplod.

Is there anyway that i can place the 4inch speakers in the door by giving it to a car accessories shop or something like that?

Please guys give me your opinion to get the best effect. By the way i listen to almost all genres of music, mainly rock, pop and R&b, hindi , tamil basically.

Last edited by aah78 : 26th October 2006 at 22:37.
Old 22nd May 2006, 08:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

Exchange those for some good 6inch compos or co-ax depending on your budget. 6inch would give more punch and clarity that a 4inch.

Check Getz and Swift installations as both takes 6inchers.

Get back to us with a budget !
Old 22nd May 2006, 12:42   #3
BHPian

what are compos, co-ax( u mean the cables rite), i'm new to car audio?

I don't think i can shell a lot of money, its the family car, i don;t think my parents are much interested in putting any heavy gear, just another pair of speakers thats it.

Is there any value for this Kenwood 4inch, what can i get them replaced with.

Please reply.
Old 22nd May 2006, 13:29   #4
BANNED

You need to get in touch with a good audio installer it seems.
Compos means Component speakers. It comes in pairs of tweeters and woofers (seperate). They sound a lot better than co-axials.

Co-ax means co-axial speakers (not cables). The tweeters are built into the woofer assembly itself and is usually known as 2way,3way etc.. These speakers are normally suitable for rear.

One more word: Please go through some of the audio installations posted in the forum before you post a new one.
Old 22nd May 2006, 20:05   #5
BHPian

[SIZE=2]I just checked out a car accessories shop and they have a ACP 1644
4 way channel pair of speakers for 2950/-. Has anyone heard of this brand, they say it has something to do with Pioneer, should i go with this for the front door speakers.

well i was intending on going through the audio installations post, but i couldn;t find anything about the basics.

And i'm in a hurry, as i'm planning to get it done asap.
[/SIZE]
Old 23rd May 2006, 00:38   #6
BANNED

Where're you located in Kerala?

Try and get a 6" co axials. Ok, 2 way to be precise. Dont go for any nameless brands. You can get a JBL for that price and sounds good too.
Is it for the front doors?
Old 23rd May 2006, 01:18   #7
BHPian

I'm in Thiruvalla, i got my car from AVG.

They had Alpine, Pinoeer, Kenwood 2 way coaxials(not sure), all for below 1800Rs. I can shell like 3000Rs, what should i go for.

How much will a branded 4 way coaxial cost?

They said they can try to fit the 4inch in the rear door, so i was planning to buy the 4 way coaxial 6 inch and place it on the front door and place the kenwood 4 inch in the rear door.

Which coax should i go for?
Old 23rd May 2006, 16:19   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by micraft
[SIZE=2] a pair of 4 inch Kenwood KFC-1050SBDimple-Type Injection Cone Woofer, 100mm (4in.) Dual Cone Speakers. Peak Power - 110W, Rated Power 20W.
I talked to my Maruti Dealer and he said that it is not possible to place the 4inch speakers on the door. He said that he can install it in the rear, and try to place something as cover for the speaker. I'm not interested in placing anything on the rear.
I'm planning on buying a pair of Sony Xplod speakers, or anything in that price range, which would u guys recommend. By the way whats the price for the Sony Xplod.
Is there anyway that i can place the 4inch speakers in the door by giving it to a car accessories shop or something like that?
Please guys give me your opinion to get the best effect. By the way i listen to almost all genres of music, mainly rock, pop and R&b, hindi , tamil basically.
[/SIZE]
Irrespective of what you listen to, a 4" speaker with a whizzer cone (KFC-1050, reminds me that the only good things associated with KFC is a Zinger burger) is not the ideal solution. Atleast get something that's true 2-way, i.e. a 6" speaker with a coaxially mounted tweeter or a component speaker set, which will have a seperate tweeter dedicated for the highs. Which speaker, is dictated strictly by your budget. If you're looking at about 1.2-1.5k, I like the JVC 6.5" 2-way coax. Slightly above that, the JBL 6.5" coax is a good buy.

You can fit a 4" into the Swift door with an adapter but it's like "chaar aane ki murgi, baara aane ka masala"
Old 23rd May 2006, 23:41   #9
BHPian

my options now are buying 2 pairs of sony xplod speakers, one pair costs 1750 and putting them on each door.

I saw a pioneer oval shape 3 way speaker for 2000Rs. But i'm not interested in fitting anything in the rear, cause sometimes we travel with heavy luggage.

I haven't seen these speakers yet, i only had a conversation with the accesory shop with my maruti dealer AVG. He said that it had tweeters.
So I suppose it is a 2 way speaker.

What kind of 6inch speakers can we get from Sony Xplod for 1750 bucks, can it be 3 way speakers?

What kind of effect can i have with 2 pairs of Sony Xplod speakers? Will it be good enough?
Old 24th May 2006, 11:28   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Micraft,

To tell you the truth, Sony speakers are just not good enough. There are other options at that price. Avoid Sony speakers.
Old 25th May 2006, 06:56   #11
BANNED

I agree with Sir Sam. If you respect your car audio, dont get Sony. They were the best once, Now it's not the same. Their products have gone for a toss!
Get JBL (best option for you, it seems) or Pioneer. You can go for pure ecstasy by getting yourself ALPINE!! it will be the most expensive in this lot.
Old 25th May 2006, 08:21   #12
Senior - BHPian

Get 4 6 inch co-ax for the all the doors. Swift has the rear speaker pods on the doors right? Then why 6x9???

Co-ax on a budget; Compos at frnt if you can shell more.

Last edited by jkdas : 25th May 2006 at 08:32.
Old 27th May 2006, 20:41   #13
BHPian

Audio System for Swift - pls reccomend dealers in bangalore

ok..i just recently bought a swift zxi.....i want to know that right now which companies sell 2din audio panels....i want a 2 din which supports both casette and mp3 player andnot like the pioneer one which is 2 din but only an mp3 player....
Also could you guys help me in deciding which speakers should i put...i dont mind put rear speakers on the tray and not on the door as provided....i just want one with good sound quality....
please help....and could you guys please tell me the cost of the accessories too...

Thanks......
Old 27th May 2006, 21:15   #14
Senior - BHPian

Alpine and Kenwood have such models...check them out.
Mention about ur budget, and post in the main 'Audio Guru' thread. If u just go thru it, u'll find lots of info. abt anything and everything.
Old 28th May 2006, 00:12   #15
BHPian

I bought 4 6inch co ax Sony Xplod speakers for all the doors. I bought these before i got the advice from Sam Kapasi, or i would have surely got Pioneer.
Anyways i was late to reply because i ran into trouble with the car dealers.
I'll tell later.
Anyways thanks a lot guys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks