Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2008, 09:03   #1
BHPian

Sx4 Music System Upgrade

Hey.. i have an Sx4 which is abt 10 months old.. yesterday i changed the front two component speakers and tweeters to JBl CS 2165 C. It is a set of tweeters and component speakers.
The sound quality has improved from the stock speakers. What do your'll think of these speakers?
Would it be better to put JL Audio speakers( 6"x9") at the back ( behind the head rest) or to install a sub woofer??
Ur opinion is much appreciated.
Old 14th September 2008, 15:26   #2
BHPian

Hi! Wayne!! what about the Headunit? mind naming it to us? IMO components sound better than coaxials, but are a bit expensive too. I've never heard a pair of JL Audio 6 x 9, so can't really comment on this.
Always trust your ears , you won't be mistaken.
Old 14th September 2008, 18:54   #3
BHPian

The Headunit is the one which comes with the car. What is IMO component?? I was thinking to put the JL Audio 6x9 speakers at the back but i heard the pannel behind the head rest is made of metal so that will have to be cut for this to be installed.
So as another option i was thinkin of installing a 4 channel amp or use a Pioneer 2 channel amp which i already have and connect it to the front two component speakers. As well as add a set of JL Audio component speakers in the rear door. which do u think will be a better option?
yeah i'll have to trust my ears, jus wish that could be done before the speakers are installed and paid for
Old 14th September 2008, 21:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

Go for similar brand of speaker all around, And if possible same series of the same brand else you will feel difference in sound.

Amplifying the speaker will increase loads of SQ. Also then next step will be HU upgrade.
Old 14th September 2008, 22:12   #5
BHPian

So another set of JBL cs series in the rear door or the GT series?
The amp tat i have with me is a Pioneer amp.. 100wx2..it isnt installed.. i was wondering if its worth getting this installed for only the front two speakers or, buying a 4 channel amp and another set of compnents for the rear doors?? i want some bass as well, so instead of component speakers would power speakers be better ??
I dont intend on changing the HU right away, if i do change it, it would be to an LCD touchscreen, but thats way in the future.
Old 14th September 2008, 23:54   #6
BHPian

Get the JBL 6x9s at the back. True, you need to cut the metal; but the sound is terrific. With a 4 channel amp, doubt you will feel the need for a woofer.
Old 15th September 2008, 16:09   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne D View Post
The Headunit is the one which comes with the car. What is IMO component?? I was thinking to put the JL Audio 6x9 speakers at the back but i heard the pannel behind the head rest is made of metal so that will have to be cut for this to be installed.
So as another option i was thinkin of installing a 4 channel amp or use a Pioneer 2 channel amp which i already have and connect it to the front two component speakers. As well as add a set of JL Audio component speakers in the rear door. which do u think will be a better option?
yeah i'll have to trust my ears, jus wish that could be done before the speakers are installed and paid for
IMO = In My Opinion. and component = components , you know what i mean. Yes, cutting-shutting will be needed to place the 6x9's properly on the speaker tray. Same was done with my car, i had to sacrifice some metal from the tray part. But when it comes to cutting-shutting one really needs to think about it. Well, about JL Audio!! Guru's will be the best to help you out. Thanks!!
Old 15th September 2008, 16:19   #8
Senior - BHPian

The SX4 head unit & ICE has been discussed in detail, please search for relevant thread.

Thread Closed
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks