Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:45   #76
Senior - BHPian

OH!! I saw Hertz and assumed that you have compos in the front. But yes I would suggest that you go ahead with components in front and a 4 channel amp to drive them and your sub. This would surely keep you happy for a while atleast and will possibly postpone any further upgrades
Old 29th October 2009, 14:05   #77
Senior - BHPian

Guyyyyyss!!! As mentioned above my present set up is

HU KENWOOD MP6043U
Front Co-ax Hertz DCX 100
Rear 6x9 Polk DB690

Adding Amp and Sub - planning to postpone by couple of months (lack of Vit M - alloy/seat cover effect also needs some money to pay body repair work)

Now the question is, Yesterday when checking I found rear DB690 sounds nice but front DCX100 is good but not up to the mark. What do you suggest in place of DCX100? Should I go for another 4" co-ax or 4" comp?
Now a days I listen lots of Oakenfold mixes
Old 30th October 2009, 12:59   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Adding Amp and Sub - planning to postpone by couple of months (lack of Vit M - alloy/seat cover effect also needs some money to pay body repair work)

Now the question is, Yesterday when checking I found rear DB690 sounds nice but front DCX100 is good but not up to the mark. What do you suggest in place of DCX100? Should I go for another 4" co-ax or 4" comp?
Now a days I listen lots of Oakenfold mixes

Go for 4" components you will not repent. What happened to your car? Did you bang it or what?
Old 30th October 2009, 13:26   #79
Senior - BHPian

Thank SPARKled, my budget is max 5-6 K, Are good 4" comps available at this price range? I am planning to add amp& sub after couple of months.

Fiitted SSW S093 alloys and real leather & art leather comb seat covers on last monday.

One idiot Tata Ace guy banged my Spark Rear right causing damage to the body, fuel lid, mud guard and minor damage to the bumper :-(((
Old 30th October 2009, 13:31   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank SPARKled, my budget is max 5-6 K, Are good 4" comps available at this price range? I am planning to add amp& sub after couple of months.

Fiitted SSW S093 alloys and real leather & art leather comb seat covers on last monday.

One idiot Tata Ace guy banged my Spark Rear right causing damage to the body, fuel lid, mud guard and minor damage to the bumper :-(((
Oh No!! Thats bad. Are you not claiming Insurance?

Illusion Audio Electras EL 4.1 components are definitely within your budget and they are pretty highly rated here on Team-BHP.
Old 31st October 2009, 01:07   #81
Senior - BHPian

I am getting my car checked by dealer repair shop on monday.

I read some great reviews about Illusion Audio Electras EL 4.1, will check it tomorrow @ EVO
Old 4th November 2009, 09:14   #82
Senior - BHPian

Could not check it last week, but planning to check on coming saturday

1) Are there any other good 4" components available around 5K budget? Please suggest

2) If I am ready to cut my front door what are the component options available (around same budget...may be I can stretch a bit).

As I mentioned above I am planning to add Amp and Sub in the next stage
Old 4th November 2009, 11:15   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Could not check it last week, but planning to check on coming saturday

1) Are there any other good 4" components available around 5K budget? Please suggest

2) If I am ready to cut my front door what are the component options available (around same budget...may be I can stretch a bit).

As I mentioned above I am planning to add Amp and Sub in the next stage
If you are ready to cut the doors your choices increase by a huge amount. Illusion Electras 6.1 cost around 7K and are a very popular choice here. As you will be cutting your doors You can even go for a 3 way component set like I have with the 6.5" mid base at the doors, 4" midrange at the stock dash position and tweeters on the dash. If you have to stick to about 5K to 6K I think JBL components will be in your range though they are not 4" components.

Last edited by SPARKled : 4th November 2009 at 11:17.
Old 14th December 2009, 00:11   #84
BHPian

Car Audio on a Budget for Chevy Spark

Hi,
Dad's birthday is coming near, so I was thinking of getting his car,Chev Spark ICEed as a birthday present:ohyeah:

His music taste is very basic, so don't need Boom-Boom(read:bass).mostly bollywood numbers and pop songs. The car is mostly self driven.so I am thinking of getting him very basic audio setup.

1) two front speakers at stock locations: thinking of 4" components from Hertz,Illusion Audio etc. whatever is more VFM
2) Easy to use Head Unit with FM Radio,USB for flash dirves and bluetooth for handsfree(if possible). source of music will be USB pendrive
3) Rear Speakers: not very interested in crapping already crapped boot space. however, front speakers sound weak, I might be forced to add 6x9 but for now avoiding them

Source of purchase:
I can buy Online,get stuff from US or get it locally. whatever works best.

Budget: 8-10k

Please suggest make and models. searched previous thread before but they talk about more expensive setups with amps,sub wooers etc. my requirement is a basic audio system which sound good but at same time does not burn hole in your pocket.

Last edited by gary4gar : 14th December 2009 at 00:13.
Old 14th December 2009, 02:09   #85
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...tem-spark.html

Most Viewed