Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2009, 22:31   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

ICEing the Punto Emotion pack

I have a Grande Punto Emotion pack,the car came with a preinstalled music system, i wish to retain the Headunit for Blue&me functionality but i have a pair of JBL GT5 605c component speakers which i removed from my previous car,as these speakers are lying idle i would love to replace them with the front speakers in my Punto And i also have a JBL active bass tube with built in amplifier which i removed from indica years back.so here are my questions-

1.Can the components be installed without much alterations?if yes,does the oem hu have sufficient power to drive the comps?Is it worth it?

2.Can the bass tube be installed as well?Do you think i should install the bass tube?

Thanks
Old 24th July 2009, 11:05   #2
BHPian

Well there are a few similar posts on threads that deal with ICEing a Linea. Essentially i think they share the same stock Blau HU that has no preouts/rca outs. The HU wont have enough power to drive your components to their fullest ability. You will need to add on amp to bring out the best from your components. You may either have to use a lineoutput converter or an amp that accepts line level inputs.Th rest I leave to the gurus...
Old 1st September 2009, 20:38   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Still waiting for suggestions.
Old 1st September 2009, 20:58   #4
BHPian

You have 3 options-
1.Get a amp with a line-in input so that the speaker outs can be connected to the Amp and you can connect the Gto 608c/rear speakers to this.Now from the aux out of the amp connect the active base tube.

2.Second option is to get a line out converter to convert your speaker outs to RCa outs, connect the amp and the active bass tube can be connected in the same way as above.

3.Get a signal processor like the RF 3sixty and then connects the amp and the sub in the same way.This gives you maximum control over the music, best SQ and the most expensive.

Hope this sorts out your problem.
Old 2nd September 2009, 14:43   #5
BHPian

How to add a Sub for Punto E+ without affecting the existing ICE.

MOD: please Delete / Modify / Move if this is a repeated post. I searched other thread on Linea. but most of them have speaker / sub from their previous car.

I am Zero to the ICE.

I'm ok with the E+ ICE I am just looking for options to add a decent sub (for the bass) without affecting the warranty of the existing system.

Couple of weeks ago I went to Audio Planet but they said i need to buy a amp and a sub. but they also warned me that I will not be able to control the volume of the sub and turn on or off the amp. later they advised not to touch any thing coz after spending 10 to 15k I may not like it.

I am really confused now. my budget is 10k to 15k max

Please Help
Old 2nd September 2009, 23:11   #6
BHPian

The case is not like the way audio planet told you.Try with a better installer.

^^ I think you should go through this. Very useful piece of information.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ice-not-2.html
Old 3rd September 2009, 10:44   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I have a Grande Punto Emotion pack,the car came with a preinstalled music system, i wish to retain the Headunit for Blue&me functionality but i have a pair of JBL GT5 605c component speakers which i removed from my previous car,as these speakers are lying idle i would love to replace them with the front speakers in my Punto And i also have a JBL active bass tube with built in amplifier which i removed from indica years back.so here are my questions-

1.Can the components be installed without much alterations?if yes,does the oem hu have sufficient power to drive the comps?Is it worth it?

2.Can the bass tube be installed as well?Do you think i should install the bass tube?

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchan View Post
Couple of weeks ago I went to Audio Planet but they said i need to buy a amp and a sub. but they also warned me that I will not be able to control the volume of the sub and turn on or off the amp. later they advised not to touch any thing coz after spending 10 to 15k I may not like it. I am really confused now. my budget is 10k to 15k max

Disclaimer: I have not seen the stereo supplied with the Punto.

1. While OEM HUs can drive most components using components without an amp will mean that you are not utlising the full potnetial of the components. You might find that the components do not play as loud as your original speakers. Also if your OEM HU has some agressive equallization built in this might make the components sound worse the the OEM speakers (since the equallization would have been done to compensate for the shortcomings of the OEM sperakers).

2. As far as adding a sub is concerned few OEM Hus offer a subout to offer subwoofer level control or remote wire to trigger the sub amp. If your sub's amp has a remote wired level/gain controlyou will need to use this to control the subwoofer level. you may also need to add an external power switch for the sub's amp.
Old 3rd September 2009, 10:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

Most of the installers don't apply their minds - if someone else has done it before or tells them how, they can do it else not.

Pin assignments on Blau HUs don't change even if they are OE HUs. It is easy to use aftermarket Blau cables to achieve what you want. The amp remote control and Pre-out (1st preout) are at the same locations on all Blau HUs. Even the connector and pins are the same mechanically. Even the standard aftermarket cables for Aux-in and iPod fit in.

@chuchan, try reaching the Blupunkt service guys at Bosch through the Distributors for Bangalore - Mandovi Motors. The Wilson Garden branch of MM is quite helpful and they will help you reach the relevant Blau guys.
Old 3rd September 2009, 10:49   #9
BHPian

thanks k2max6 yet to see any punto / linea E+ guys with a modified ICE
Old 10th September 2009, 10:29   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
@chuchan, try reaching the Blupunkt service guys at Bosch through the Distributors for Bangalore - Mandovi Motors. The Wilson Garden branch of MM is quite helpful and they will help you reach the relevant Blau guys.
Thanks I will do that today. Yesterday I tried to reach another autoshop Again they was specifying I need to change the head unit with bhla bhla stuff.

one thing he specify that I would not be able to control the volume on Sub. and he said that the AMP will not cumsume much power

I will talk to Mandovi Motors today.
Old 13th September 2009, 19:43   #11
BHPian

Any updates?

Like deralte said there are Blau wiring harnesses that an be used to connect the HU to Blaupunkt's plug and play range of amplifiers and can power your components and sub.
Old 17th September 2009, 12:22   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
Any updates?

Like deralte said there are Blau wiring harnesses that an be used to connect the HU to Blaupunkt's plug and play range of amplifiers and can power your components and sub.
I recently replaced my windshield (I think I am first in team-bhp to replace a windshield for punto) and I also lost V-Cool sunflim. So suffering from Vitamin M deficiency. I will follow up next month.
Old 10th November 2009, 23:43   #13
BHPian

Here is the update..

i today spoke to and visited Mandovi Motors-Wilson Garden guys..

they gave to suggestion that possible in the given E+.

1. buy a pnpAMP Blaupunkt and replace the front speaker to component, and rear component (or co-ax depending on taste and budget) and add a sub for bass.

2. i need to buy a "High-to-low gain converter" and add a amp and components and sub.

3. They said if money is not a matter they suggested to get a sound processor!!

They suggested "High-to-low gain converter" is not available with blaupunkt. (it comes only with pnpAMP).
Old 11th November 2009, 14:42   #14
Senior - BHPian

I don't think you will need that converter if you put in a Blaupunkt pnp amp. The pnp part brings out the pre-outs from the HU.

Nor is the sound processor a must.
Old 11th November 2009, 16:30   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
I don't think you will need that converter if you put in a Blaupunkt pnp amp. The pnp part brings out the pre-outs from the HU.

Nor is the sound processor a must.
You are correct DerAlte!

I spoke to him. he said Blaupunkt pnp amp comes with a converter. and the sound processor he was refer was another option (3sixty.2)..

Here is my plan please guide me if i am too stupid..

I am thinking to go with the Option 2. (pnp amp) I plan to upgrade stage by stage (as and when i get money)

Stage 1- get a Pmp Amp and add a sub.

Later
Stage 2 - replace the stock speaker with comp (velocity)

My questions
is it worth doing? will i get a better sound clarity with good bass?
is there any other option from other brand for pnpAMP from blaupunkt?

appreciate all the gurus for guiding me so far..

Most Viewed