Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2005, 17:35   #1
BHPian

STATUTORY WARNING - 10 Risks to know before entering this forum!

1. Thou might get more confused
Want to clear your confusion? Don’t come here for here you will only get more confused. If previously the doubts confused you, now the ‘answers’ will! (So many ‘answers’ you will have.)

2. Thou might delay your decision for a loooooooooong time
If you come here for a quick fix solution for your queries like “which is the best system for my ……….so and so……….?) Forget it! Go no further and install your system for if you venture ahead, you will not decide on your setup for weeks together. You will read and read and read…………..and read ………..the posts here till you have exhausted all there is to read and even then it is not guaranteed that you will decide!
(After reading the posts here for over three weeks now, I have decided just my Head unit!)

3. Thou might be led to severe addiction and Insomnia
You might get addicted to reading the posts here and this most of the times leads to staying up late in the nights for the purpose (pun intended).You might end up spending more time and effort on this forum than you ever imagined and its common for the users of this forum to stay up late nights and sleep at work the next day – at least in the initial few days till you get used to it.

4. Thou wife/girlfriend/boss/all of them might fire you
What else do you think will happen if you start having late night extra-marital affairs with this forum? Btw what time is it now?
(Found no girl on the forum, at least in the “In Car Entertainment” section, so please excuse the absence of husband/Boyfriend….in the heading)

5. Thou might never be satisfied.
In spite of your carefully considered decision after reading and reading on setup, you shall still be left wondering if the choice you made was the best you could or could you have selected something better in the given budget. Was a particular JBL/Alpine amp/speaker worth the bucks or could the Sony have done the trick. Was it worth going with Bill & Warranty or would grey have been better or vice versa. And if you find a better system in another car you will not change yours but shout from the roof tops that your system rocks! It’s the best and so on and so forth….Now look at those guys who’ve said this. They’re gonna murder me. (Naah! The people here are too nice to do it – Par yeh kya? oye! Yeh tamaatar kaun maar raha hai? Abbey yeh anda kisne pheka? - Just kidding guys!! Don’t take “my system is best” thing seriously!)

6. Thou shall be robbed
This is a very greedy forum full of people out to loot you. If you come here with budgets of around 10,000/ the people here will make you spend around 20,000/- (I came looking for a system for around 10,000/- to 15,000/- and ended up spending 30,000/-) If you were happy with 2000 wala sony speaker before now you will become miserable with them. You might not be satisfied with anything less than a 6,000/- to a 60,000/- component system.

7. Thou might have to first buy a new dictionary
Did you ask what a component system is? Now didn’t I tell you will have to buy a new dictionary! You will hear many more words previously unheard of like crossovers, biamping, XO etc etc.

8. Thou shall be converted
From an ignorant soul living in miserable audio environment to a learned one enjoying exhilarating musical environments. Your new religion will be “Quality Sound.”

9. Thou shall commit blasphemy
And for having converted you into this new religion of “Quality Sound” you may for a second deem our Audio Gurus Navin, Sam, Gunbir, Autophile etc who shall lead you from ignorance to bliss to be your Gods(of Music)!! ( Chalo! Kuch log to ande nahi maarenge)

And the worst of all you know what?

10. YOU WILL NOT FIND A SINGLE ANSWER
You came here looking for answers to all your queries and doubts, right? But SORRY!! Here, you will not find a single answer. COZ what you will get here is Advice (and plenty at that) for “advice is what others can give answers come only from within.” Right Said Sir, Navin?

Take care of these risks all ye souls and thou shall live here in bliss forever and ever...........

And if you have actually read all that is written above and are not mad at the post, then congratulations man! you have real Patience.......Just tell me you actually read and I shall share with you some of the tamaatars and andas that many people might thow at me!!!

Last edited by Samurai : 22nd May 2006 at 11:55. Reason: Too many smilies
SoundManiac is offline   (54) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2005, 17:46   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

haha..really a good post there SM..reallly a good one..
Old 23rd September 2005, 17:56   #3
BHPian

Thank you mate! Thank you.
Old 23rd September 2005, 18:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

That was cool stuff man...Word by word reality...awesome dough!!!
Old 23rd September 2005, 18:56   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

ROTFLMFAO!

Thread = Sticky!

GTO
Old 23rd September 2005, 22:05   #6
BHPian

Wow! no brickbats only boquets!!

No andaas, only khush bandaas.

Thank you for all the comments man...
Old 23rd September 2005, 22:12   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
ROTFLMFAO!

Thread = Sticky!

GTO
I just realised what "Thread=Sticky" means.

That's a real honour. Thank you so very much!
Old 23rd September 2005, 22:13   #8
BHPian

Great one dude...
Let me summaries that in one sentence "Ignorance is Bliss"
Old 23rd September 2005, 23:25   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hey SM... lol.... good one man.... keep it up....

GTO, what does a sticky thread mean???
Old 23rd September 2005, 23:43   #10
BHPian

good one there mate - keep it up

keep spinnin...
Old 24th September 2005, 00:07   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundManiac
[b]
10. YOU WILL NOT FIND A SINGLE ANSWER
You came here looking for answers to all your queries and doubts, right? But SORRY!! Here, you will not find a single answer. COZ what you will get here is Advice (and plenty at that) for “advice is what others can give answers come only from within.” Right Said Sir, Navin?
LOL this is fantastic. I wish I had penned it! Yup we give you no answers just the bible and a flashlight. You will find the answers that suit you best.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2005, 00:13   #12
Senior - BHPian

Note from Moderator : Do not use more than one smiley in your post ... just kidding
Old 24th September 2005, 00:15   #13
Team-BHP Support

Actually Dippy that post was so well worded I did not even notice the smileys
Old 24th September 2005, 04:01   #14
Senior - BHPian

hey soundmaniac
the stuff you posted is soo true specially the first one "Thou might get more confused".hahah it happens all the time with so many members trying to help you and giving you different answers you just dont know what to do .lol.good one dude

rev
Old 24th September 2005, 08:46   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy
Note from Moderator : Do not use more than one smiley in your post ... just kidding
Yup boss, sorry for the smileys and thanks for the toleration.

I had initially put just one smiley, but that made the post look like one monotonous big boring post. Added in smileys, eventhough inappropriate in a certain points, just so as to break it properly into small paras. If not the whole post, at least one or two paras one would read, I thought.

Thank you.

P.S. Did you notice, haven't used any smiley's now - Compenstating you see!

Most Viewed