Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2011, 13:57   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care, HSR Layout, Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitkumarlb View Post
I went to HSR Layout 3M on last Saturday, not sure if it was a busy day or its just that they now have too much business now, I was not impressed with the response I got, no one was available to explain what is available and the cost. And when I finally did get someone to talk after I called Siddu looking up the phone number on the forum, the person was only interested in selling me whatever costed most!
Hi Ajit,

Frankly speaking this is the first time I am hearing that the 3M team in HSR layout didn't respond to you and were trying to sell the most costly product. May be there was some communication gap.

If you go through the same thread from page 1, none of the BHP'ians who have done the work there have told the above quote.

AFAIK, even if they are busy they never do this. Personally, 10 of my friends have got their detailing done at 3M CAR CARE @HSR layout including a BMW and a Prado.

Last edited by shishir_bn : 1st July 2011 at 14:00. Reason: Spelling mistake
shishir_bn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2011, 14:10   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
If you go through the same thread from page 1, none of the BHP'ians who have done the work there have told the above quote.
Well that was precisely the reason I drove all the way from Sahakarnagar (hebbal) to HSR Layout even though I knew there is one just 1/3 the distance from my place.

But any way the one is Sanjay Nagar has worked out, will be going there again.
Old 5th July 2011, 14:43   #168
BHPian

Background: I have a Swift Ldi bought in March 15 2009. In these two year I have done couple of long drives to Mangalore, Coorg etc. All these drives including in-city drive had taken a toll on the interior of the car. Had kept in mind 3M for a while, took a booking one week in advance. I booked for the premium package which is has a foam based cleaning agent which supposedly dries faster than water based one, which is the base package. Price difference 100% between the two.

10:30AM Sat, July 02

Reached the place on time, they took the vehicle in and started work immediately. In all 4 members were holed up in the car and working on their areas. As promised they finished the work little shy of an hour and handed the car to me. Before handing over two of the supervisors checked the interior and gave a thumbs up. I was happy with the service till then, although the sales guy was trying hard to sell body wash and some cleaning products, I didn’t mind because that is their job. I looked inside and found it to be ok, mostly coz the interiors was wet.
The drive back was annoying because the seats are wet and moisture got through my jeans too. Mind you, my house is just 2.5kms from this place! They had drilled it down in my head that I need to keep all the windows open by an inch for the whole day to let the car dry (isn’t it same with the water based wash!) I reached home and kept the windows down and went about my errands.

04:00PM Same day

I had to visit a place and it was cloudy so decided to take the car after checking the seats. The seats had dried up but when I looked up to my shock there were dark patches in the corners and few hard to reach places like below the IRVM, Sun Visor etc. It was an example of the shoddy job. On closer inspection the dash board had little bit of dirt too. So I drove straight back to 3M, and they were courteous and apologetic about the incident. They got the guys to clean up the required areas and asked me to wait. When they declared that they were done, I showed them few spots which they had missed again. Also they said that the dashboard doesn’t seems to be letting go of the brownish colour! They tried some liquid infront of me to prove their point too. All this when it was raining heavily and for some reason they didn’t take the car inside!
The third time, when they declared all clear, I did find things to be ok. But to my horror they had forgotten their equipment in my car. And the soapy liquid was leaking on my mats, lucky not the carpet. I called the owner Siddhu and asked him to take the same. And meanwhile spotted another place where they had missed cleaning . Frankly I was annoyed till now and just when I turned on the car and ran the wiper, I still couldn’t see clearly, that when I realized they had forgotten to clean the windshield from inside post spraying all that liquid. I got down again and got the guy to clean it and drove off. Not further than 20mtrs I realised that they had not cleaned the rear windshield either. I didn’t go back, I just drove back home.
I do not have pictures before the wash and of the patches, I was took shocked to see shoddy work from 3M, kinda skipped out of my mind. Below are the pictures of the car post the first cleaning.

My verdict: Guess, being on top is not easy. Attention to detail seems to be missing. Bhpians visiting them double check the work before leaving.
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-02072011718.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-02072011720.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-02072011722.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-02072011723.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-02072011724.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-02072011725.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-02072011726.jpg  

mac187 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2011, 12:29   #169
BHPian

Found this thread and want to give my experience where all 3M works were done from Lathangi Ford, BLR.

1) RE70 (70% light, 30% block) dimond series - I paid 4,500/-. I did not verify the box, logo etc however, the cooling papers have "3M" watermark on the firm all over it. So I presume its genuine. The effect is wonderful, except that I don't have it on front windscreen excluding a small 6 inch strip at top.

The best way to check is while sitting in car, facing the sun directly over the window, roll up the class and see how much heat is reduced, which is marked difference for 70% light.

2) 3M exterior beautification - Done at Lathangi body workshop and it cost be 1100/-.

3) 3M interior cleaning - Done at service center opp IIMB, cost me 1560. And it was done really well, Abul is the 3M chap at Lathangi and workmanship is top-notch.

4) 3M interior cleaning - for 800, done at Mandovi Motors cost 400.

So I guess nothing much lost when work is done at dealerships.
Old 2nd August 2011, 16:57   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Do they do it on relatively older cars? say 2 yrs older cars and really really old vehicles - say a 45 year old Jeep?
Why wouldn't they ? I got the underbody coating done on a 17 year old car

I got this done at the Dollars colony/RMS 2nd stage 3m store.

Under body Anti Rust Coating
Rs 3195 with 5 Year warranty (Sound deadening)
Rs 1695 with 2 Year warranty (Non sound deadening)
Old 4th August 2011, 12:18   #171
BHPian

Are 3M micro fiber cloths available for sale at HSR ? Need to pick them up badly for wash/wax on my new bike. Appreciate any help on this issue.

Last edited by redrage : 4th August 2011 at 12:23.
Old 4th August 2011, 15:28   #172
BHPian

Does this center also sell 3M additives? I saw that the RMV 3M car care center has these.
Old 4th August 2011, 20:37   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
Are 3M micro fiber cloths available for sale at HSR ? Need to pick them up badly for wash/wax on my new bike.
Yes. very much available. I got it last week
Old 9th August 2011, 23:17   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Got the powershine and interior foam wash done at 3M Center at HSR Layout. Siddhu was very helpful to accommodate us on a busy Sunday.

A couple of snaps from the little time that we got to capture the process.

The job was done satisfactorily. This experience has only reinforced the positive opinion about this center.

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-abcd0003.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-abcd0004.jpg
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2011, 23:49   #175
BHPian

Hello friends,
This is my first post in this thread.
Recently i took my father s 6 year old ikon for interior cleaning .Had been there before many times taking services for my alto,I had got underchasis coating done from them ,they did a good job on my alto better than suraksha where i give my car for service .so coming to the point
I called Mr Siddhu the incharge of the outlet one day before and took a appointment on saturday,he asked me to come by 10-00 am.
So on saturday i was there sharp at 10am ,Mr siddhu was there immediately he inspected the car and showed me the menu of various offerings.
I opted for for premium interior cleaning but siddhu told me to go for simple interior clean ,since the car was relatively clean,POINT to be noted he was not at all pushy on the contarary he was more patient to listen to me and his honest opinions.later the car was assigened for the job once the jobcard was open.
coming to the results...i was speechless car interiors was super clean,it was as if it was just from showroom ,the way my car was smelling was heaven.
I was so impressed that i requested them to give the car a foam wash.since there was less cars they did that immediately.
so whats the highlight .....i have tried many car grooming centres and my regular service cleaning none could meet the standards i got from 3m .i would recommend you guys give a try .
Mr siddhu takes suggestions seriously ,on one of my visits intially i had mentioned him that his boys use very dirty microfiber to clean everything ,i mean the cloths not clean and repeating it for every car .
This time i noticed that they had clean microfiber and different cloths for tyres ,body,glass etc.and before i end my post thanks to Mr Siddhu .
chetan5678 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 12:57   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Got the powershine and interior foam wash done at 3M Center at HSR Layout. Siddhu was very helpful to accommodate us on a busy Sunday.

A couple of snaps from the little time that we got to capture the process.

The job was done satisfactorily. This experience has only reinforced the positive opinion about this center.

Attachment 591128

Attachment 591129
Looks like they have started using more foam than before.
1. For how long did they leave the foam for?
2. Did they spray cleaned the foam OR wiped it using MF cloth?
Old 17th August 2011, 22:15   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

Please see replies in bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Looks like they have started using more foam than before.
1. For how long did they leave the foam for? We were not around till the car got washed. We just witnessed the spraying of foam.
2. Did they spray cleaned the foam OR wiped it using MF cloth?
they actually pressure wash first and then spray foam, they then wipe it with the microfiber cloth and spray water again and dry the car up
Old 18th August 2011, 16:07   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Please see replies in bold

they actually pressure wash first and then spray foam, they then wipe it with the microfiber cloth and spray water again and dry the car up
AFAIK, after spraying foam, it should be removed with spraying water, not by wiping it off with an MF. They did the same for my car as well (looks like a std procedure that they follow) and i said the same thing then.
quadra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 17:39   #179
Team-BHP Support

I think they use microfiber to wipe out the more stubborn stain and then another rinse cycle of pressure wash before drying. I dont think just spraying the foam will be sufficient to remove the dirt.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 21:40   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I think they use microfiber to wipe out the more stubborn stain and then another rinse cycle of pressure wash before drying. I dont think just spraying the foam will be sufficient to remove the dirt.
Exactly. Thats what they do. Indeed after spraying the foam, they let the foam stay for some time before they wipe and spray water again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks