Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2011, 14:26   #196
Team-BHP Support

Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Wow thats some awesome gloss on your car, you took the exterior restoration job?
Not my car, its Rudra's. Restoration plus sealant job IIRC 7.5 year old car, but under Rudra's ownership and that makes a hell lot of difference.
Old 22nd November 2011, 21:19   #197
Senior - BHPian

Just went for a quick foam wash & wax today evening, had some tar marks also removed in the process. Good work overall, been a regular customer to this place

Some pics (please excuse for the quality it was mobile capture)
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-wp_000000.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-wp_000001.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-wp_000002.jpg  

motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2011, 12:04   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just went for a quick foam wash & wax today evening, had some tar marks also removed in the process. Good work overall, been a regular customer to this place

Some pics (please excuse for the quality it was mobile capture)

Hey motomaverick thats a nice job done on your stead. Got the white colour Glossy!!

Can you please share the price for just the Foam and Wax job ? Me and couple of my friends have been planning one and want to get here this weeknd.
Old 23rd November 2011, 12:27   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey motomaverick thats a nice job done on your stead. Got the white colour Glossy!!

Can you please share the price for just the Foam and Wax job ? Me and couple of my friends have been planning one and want to get here this weeknd.
Yeah they did a good job but Blore is so dusty these days that i already had to wipe it once. It costed me 981, just foam wash is 380 something for mid sized cars.
Old 23rd November 2011, 12:38   #200
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yeah they did a good job but Blore is so dusty these days that i already had to wipe it once.
Bangalore is always dusty during so called winter. And no matter what you do, your car will be dusty. One can surely ignore that to a great extent especially if the colour/shade is on the lighter side. But for those dark colours, there's practically no solutions.
Old 23rd November 2011, 12:57   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Bangalore is always dusty during so called winter. And no matter what you do, your car will be dusty. One can surely ignore that to a great extent especially if the colour/shade is on the lighter side. But for those dark colours, there's practically no solutions.
Yeah, even car covers cant save these dust from converting into streaks during the nights dew these days. Infact with car cover it becomes worse, i found out the hard way. Specially in white, these mud streaks are really obvious.
Old 23rd November 2011, 12:57   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah they did a good job but Blore is so dusty these days that i already had to wipe it once. It costed me 981, just foam wash is 380 something for mid sized cars.
380 bucks is pretty steap I feel motomaverick though I would not like to comment on the workmanship which Im sure is worth the effort.
More so as you have mentioned, Bangalore is not even close the the "Garden City" it was about 15years back and God Save the one's who commute to work daily in a Dark shade car!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Totally agree with U Rudra. In fact, I was warned by many people not to choose a White colour on car since it would be tough to maintain the charm.
On the Contrary, I have realized that White seems to be one of the easiest to clean and maintain, especially in a city where most the FLY-OVER, UNDER-PASS, BY LANES, Etc Experiments are carried out regularly with no point!!
Old 25th November 2011, 19:14   #203
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I have got my November 2009 Safari treated with 3M paint-protection only twice till date - once at the time of purchase and then sometime around mid-2010. I guess it is high time I get her some scrubbing over. Was planning to go over to the 3M HSR layout outlet for the same. Going by their website, here is what 3M has to offer:

- UV Protection
- Exterior Beautification
- Minor Scratch/Swirl Removal & Surface Enhancement

My query - which of these packages are recommended for a 2 year old car?

Thanks in advance for your tips...
Old 13th December 2011, 07:58   #204
Senior - BHPian

Just got the Essential Interior treatment done in my car which was warranted due to the dirt accumulated by multiple highway trips. Really good work by the team to make it spic and span, dont feel like dirtying it for some time to come Plus the best part is no shiny or sticky substance smeared on the dash like some of the A.S.S do.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2011, 11:56   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Guys,

I have got my November 2009 Safari treated with 3M paint-protection only twice till date - once at the time of purchase and then sometime around mid-2010. I guess it is high time I get her some scrubbing over. Was planning to go over to the 3M HSR layout outlet for the same. Going by their website, here is what 3M has to offer:

- UV Protection
- Exterior Beautification
- Minor Scratch/Swirl Removal & Surface Enhancement

My query - which of these packages are recommended for a 2 year old car?

Thanks in advance for your tips...
I would suggest , take the car to them and once they inspect your car they will suggest you the packages which will suitable for your car.
Then you can take a call .

Cheers
Old 14th December 2011, 15:18   #206
BHPian

13Dec2011 is when my car turned 5 years and along with complete servicing, change in clutch assembly it was time to make her shine. I had no doubt where to go. I stay in HSR layout The feedbacks on this 3M Car Care Center made it a more obvious choice.

Went in was given a warm welcome with greetings and was explained all the services that they provide. They did not push me on any of their services. I chose Advanced Exterior Car Care Protection which costs around 3.5K including taxes and they promised to remove 70% of the swirl marks. I usually reach these places early on weekdays to be attended well. The same happened to my car. I was the first car and it was definitely well attended to. 150 minutes and the car was like new. What they could not remove was deep scratches but minor ones were taken care of. The whole car was extremely smooth. I was advised not to wash the car everyday and just once a week to keep the finish for a longer time.

My colleagues after seeing the service and the end result have decided to go for their service next week.

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-13122011188.jpg
Please excuse the quality of the picture. It's taken from a E-71.
abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2011, 17:43   #207
BHPian

Team,

I got my car (exterior and interior) cleaned at the HSR layout 3M outlet 2 weeks back.

Car wash and wax + Premium Interior cleaning (with dry foam) cost me INR2526 incl. tax for my 5 year old Indica Xeta.

Sidhu (9740520357) was pretty patient in explaining about the products and services available.

I must say I am mighty impressed with the professional job, and the conduct of the staff. People are polite and the people working on the car are gentle in handling the car and well trained. It took about 2.5 hours to get the car cleaned.

The quality of the wash and interior cleaning is very good and the interiors smell fresh even after 2 weeks of cleaning (I do 40km of driving daily, with AC on all the time).

There were other cars around and I got to see a Swift get 3M film. This is one of the places where they let you be with the car when they work on it - totally confidence inspiring

I only wish they make the charges more reasonable, but cant take away the fact that they did an excellent job.

EDIT: There was a call from 3M to get my feedback about the work carried out. I missed this point earlier.

Last edited by autocrat : 30th December 2011 at 17:51. Reason: Missed one point
autocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 12:19   #208
BHPian

This Saturday , I got the Fabia washed with Foam and light wax applied along with vacuming the interior. Was charged arouind Rs 1100 /=.
THe job was done neatly except the microfibre cloth was not cleaned (was told I am 6th customer and cannot change the cloth).
Also the wax applied was polished in 2-3 minutes after wax applied , so was a waste.
any way I went home and after light cleaning with water rewaxed it with Collnite liquid and Car is looking good now.
Next time I will prefer only a plain wash with Foam and prefer to go on weekdays to get better work done when rush is less.
Was told on weekdays they have less business.
ALso got the 3M mats for 4700 which are good
Fabiaous is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 12:49   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabiaous View Post
ALso got the 3M mats for 4700 which are good
Err, for that price, wouldn't it have been better to just go in for the MAXSpider KAGU mats custom-made?

I would agree that weekends are a little busy there. However, I for one, have been treated well and my Fabia even better on a Saturday for an Exterior Essential package. Job was done on time, without delays, neatly. I was more than just satisfied simply because, dedication in such service oriented outlets is something that's rare to find these days. Mr Sidhu has handpicked and trained a few on the job to ensure that DEDICATION still exists!

I had some tar marks on the bumpers after a road trip to Kerala. Owing to the Candy white colour, every wash would reveal these tar marks more evidently. Sidhu and his team restored the OEM look. I still have some more work to get over with to remove some rough colourless dots on the roof.. Thanks to the NAMMA METRO/FLYOVER work all across the city.. SOmetimes it's paint, sometimes it's concrete... Arrgh! Sometimes I just feel that a car in theis city is best and safest in a closed basement or garage.
Old 11th January 2012, 15:25   #210
Senior - BHPian

Got the Exterior Restorer - Advanced program done on my 2 year old Punto.

I'd say about 80% of the swirl marks were gone, and the shine had been restored to a great extent. Would have been more satisfied had the swirl marks been 90% or more gone.

Still would recommend the place. Damn good job done.

A couple of days back also got the Interior Clean - Essential job done on my Palio. And boy oh! boy, very satisfied with the end result. Post monsoons the interiors were crying for a thorough clean up. And they did a fantastic job. Very satisfied with the end result.
praful is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks