Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2012, 17:38   #286
Team-BHP Support

Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

@sidhu sir - in case the current ban is not lifted in the coming days, is it possible to help us BHPians in removing the 3M tints from the car (hope the ban is lifted and I don't need to do that) ?

I am seriously worried about ruining the rear windshield defogger if I try to get the sunfilm removal done by myself or by other local accessory shop guys who don't know sunfilm application/removal properly. Would prefer it being done by experts.

Like another member wanted to know, please do post updates regarding the stand sunfilm manufacturers have decided to take regarding challenging this ban, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajni View Post
Is it already open or still coming up? With the recent issues regarding sun film I am surprised to hear they are coming with a new shop.
Most of their business comes from car detailing I guess, and their main focus is on car detailing. Sunfilm is just one of the many services they offer at their stores, so shouldn't make too much difference in their franchise network expansion plans

Last edited by KarthikK : 7th May 2012 at 17:39.
Old 7th May 2012, 17:54   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Siddhu. If you are checking this thread please let us know if there is any movement against the ban on sunfilm by manufacturers.

There is an online petition that's being filed; however the real effort has to come from 3M, Vkool, Garware and other importers as "One Sun Film" approach, else its your business that's steeply affected. I'm you'd do atleast one car sunfilm a day.

regards,

Nitin
Old 7th May 2012, 18:11   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajni View Post
Is it already open or still coming up? With the recent issues regarding sun film I am surprised to hear they are coming with a new shop.
It is coming up. They are working on the interiors.
Old 7th May 2012, 21:55   #289
BHPian

Went to the newly opened 3M Car Care at JP Nagar 1 phase to get a foam wash for the Scorp. After reading the high service level of HSR layout one, this one has some catching up to do. But I see an openness to feedback and ideas and will give some leeway since it is just one month old. The pressure wash was already under repair, had to settle for a normal hose pipe wash. I am not creating a separate directory listing since I did not spend much time on the various aspects that need to be put for a separate thread. Some pics though

Name:  BusinessCard.png
Views: 4355
Size:  283.2 KB

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc04088.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc04087.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc04097.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc04106.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc04110.jpg
rohi_rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2012, 00:37   #290
BHPian

Some pictures of the interior detailing. Did not take too many pictures as the exteriors had become dusty by then :(

Unfortunately do not have the before shots, but you can take my word that it was quite dirty and stained due to my young nephews

As you can see, the interior looks brand new, a 10/10 job by 3M. The only thing I can't stand is the smell

Would give them a 9/10 for the exterior job
guha_2001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2012, 00:59   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guha_2001 View Post

As you can see, the interior looks brand new, a 10/10 job by 3M. The only thing I can't stand is the smell

Would give them a 9/10 for the exterior job
Been there, done that. You need to judge when it would be a good time to let non-polluted air into the cabin to free the cabin from the odour. Despite several failed attempts, one long trip to Kerala with the AC set to fresh-air mode while driving through wayanad during the wee hours of the night brought back the freshness once again.

I dread the day I let small menaces into the car. Only one would survive the ordeal - the seats or the menaces.
Old 20th May 2012, 21:57   #292
BHPian

!! Disappointed !!

Contrarary to all the posts above, I had quite a disappointing experience yesterday.

Car - Ford Ikon
Package - Interior Foam Wash ( Premium Package ) - Total Rs. 2000 odd.
Work started - 9:30 am, Finished - 10:00 am

In spite of very warm welcome and smiling faces all round, there was absolutely no supervision of the work.

I was seating inside the reception area and watching from the glass. I prefer not to stand beside the car while the work is in progress.

When I was told that the job is done, I found -

(a) all the corner places not cleaned properly - no efforts to do a thorough work
(b) window panes down - they forgot to clean the window glasses from inside
(c) they did not clean the rear shelf - the area below the rear glass. The excuse - the brush does not reach there ! and they don't have a smaller brush !

At least they listened me and did the needful without any arguments.

This is quite disappointing. Hope this is one-off incident and I might have had a bad day... Maybe I was very unassuming guy who did not stand beside the car ...

However still I will go there as this is the most convenient place for me where 3M products are used !
Ravindra M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2012, 22:23   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravindra M
Contrarary to all the posts above, I had quite a disappointing experience yesterday.

Car - Ford Ikon
Package - Interior Foam Wash ( Premium Package ) - Total Rs. 2000 odd.
Work started - 9:30 am, Finished - 10:00 am

In spite of very warm welcome and smiling faces all round, there was absolutely no supervision of the work.

I was seating inside the reception area and watching from the glass. I prefer not to stand beside the car while the work is in progress.

When I was told that the job is done, I found -

(a) all the corner places not cleaned properly - no efforts to do a thorough work
(b) window panes down - they forgot to clean the window glasses from inside
(c) they did not clean the rear shelf - the area below the rear glass. The excuse - the brush does not reach there ! and they don't have a smaller brush !

This is quite disappointing. Hope this is one-off incident and I might have had a bad day... Maybe I was very unassuming guy who did not stand beside the car ...

However still I will go there as this is the most convenient place for me where 3M products are used !
Sir please do talk to people there if you are not happy with work, its quite unlike the experience I have had. My Indica with 3 years of grime came out fresh and even after several months the nice smell of the foam (like new car) still pervades.
Old 26th May 2012, 23:34   #294
BHPian

Saw a new 3M Car Care open at Marathalli , next to Yashoda Hospital ....Anyone been there?
Old 1st June 2012, 11:34   #295
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Is it open? Remember reading few days back a post that its yet to open and they still have to get interior work done.
Old 6th June 2012, 00:07   #296
BHPian

After a 600kms on highways and a week on Bangalore roads my Linea was dusty and there was bird dookey all over the car. I headed to 3M HSR for a wash.

Name:  ForumRunner_20120605_235918.png
Views: 3394
Size:  502.9 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120606_000038.png
Views: 3338
Size:  459.4 KB

Washing:

Name:  ForumRunner_20120606_000213.png
Views: 3406
Size:  680.5 KB

The result:

Name:  ForumRunner_20120606_000418.png
Views: 3443
Size:  634.4 KB

Sorry for pics with wrong orientation - this happens when I upload from phone. I will make it a point to upload from laptop next time.
autocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 10:23   #297
Senior - BHPian

About 2 months prior, I had taken my fairly dirty Fabia for a wash to 3M CC at HSR. I really like the way Sidhu handles his customers and going there is my first option when I cannot clean the car myself, even if there are cheaper 200 bucks wash wallas available elsewhere.

Once the wash was done, I caught up with Sidhu on casual chat and while at it, I saw another white car being beautifully done up, so I suddenly decided right there to get a detailing done on my car too [impulsive, I know].

I have read people in several international detailing forums say how difficult it is to bring the white paint to a mirror shine [which is easy on a black or darker colored vehicle]. But the results from the 3M detailing are here to see and I'll go back to share with those forums how a bunch of dedicated boys with good product, can make a white paint shine like mirror.

You can clearly see the reflection of the other car in the shop on my car's paint, in photos 5, 6 and 7.

Its always nice to go to Sidhu's, for the genuine customer care I witness and also the way they treat every car with care. Photos from my detailing session attached. Welcome your comments.

Cheers.
aK

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc02541.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc02542.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc02543.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc02544.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc02545.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc02546.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc02547.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc02548.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc02557.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc02560.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc02561.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc02562.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc02563.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc02566.jpg
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 10:32   #298
Senior - BHPian

Re: !! Disappointed !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravindra M View Post

That is one of the reasons I go back to 3M @ HSR. I understand well in advance that even if the shop boys are 3M trained [and who knows how well they're trained by 3M?], I don't expect their job to be a 100%. Unlike detailers abroad where detailing thrives on passion of the 'do-er', for these boys, its a job [which they do quite well].

Even if there are small issues and you mention them, they immediately fix it to their best. For ex: I had a specific stain on my car's paint when I parked at an open parking when at a workshop. The stain didn't go away when I washed so I took it to 3M. After their wash and interior job, most of the stains went away but some part of the stains didn't go. Before I could notice this, 3M owner Sidhu did and he sent the car back with another product, to try removing the stubborn stain. It came back with the stains completely gone.

Not everyone I know do a 100% but if they immediately work on your feedback, on the spot, that does well for most of us, I assume.

Last edited by k_ajay : 7th June 2012 at 10:33.
k_ajay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2012, 22:14   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

We bought a second hand Civic about a week ago and after getting the tyres changed, HU changed, changing the fabric seats to leather and the car serviced, I decided to get a 3M service.

The J P Nagar one is very close to my house(hardly 2-3kms) but based on the recommendations of Jaggu, I headed all the way to HSR.

When I went there, Sidhu wasnt around but another person, Arvind really took good care of me and the car. Explained all the packages and details very well and showed a nice demo as well on one part of the car.

Went all in and got almost everything done. Since the seats were brand new, didnt bother with interior cleaning but got the door pads cleaned and the AC vents as well.

Went for the Paint Sealant programme or whatever for the exterior. Dont have any before pics but the after pics look really good.

The car itself was well maintained and that also helped.

But my favourite part of this whole experience was the attention to detail paid to my car by Sidhu, Arvind and the other guys. I found they had overlooked a few tiny scratches but when I pointed them out, they were eager to work on them and removed most of it.

While the car was being reversed into the sunshine, Sidhu spotted a few marks and asked his boys to clean them up.

The Alloys were really dirty but they have done a great job with them. Some of the alloys were scratched badly in places and nothing could be done about that.

Even though it took me 45 mins to get there and 1 hour to get back home in the evening, I think it's worth it. I didnt get any discount and the price is a bit heavy on the wallet but for a 4 year old car to look this good, it is totally worth it.

Sidhu, keep up the good work and make sure quality doesnt drop.

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_1506.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_1508.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_1509.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_1510.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-photo-1.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-photo-2.jpg
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2012, 23:01   #300
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh, but I forgot to mention one nice thing and one not so nice thing.

The Not so nice thing: The right side indicator(the one below the wing mirror) is hanging loose now. It was definitely NOT loose before as I had physically checked each and everything before taking delivery of the car. I can only assume that while using the mechanised polishing foam, one of the technicians must have exerted a little too much force at that point which might have resulted in that indicator falling off. There is no other scratch or damage at that point to suggest an external impact.

Luckily for Sidhu and his team, this wont be a big deal for me because I have to send the car to Magnum Honda for a brake pad change anyway and will get this indicator fixed at that time as well. Otherwise, it could have been a bit of a hassle.

The Nice thing: He gave me a free microfibre cloth to maintain the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks