Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2013, 22:31   #661
Team-BHP Support

Got the swift interior clean up done after a long time, and followed with the Polo wash.

I had got the paint sealant done as soon as the car arrived (Polo) and it's about 3 months plus. Secret to maintaining it, wash less frequent and do a proper wash only. Would have washed it about 3-4 times, rest all natural rain wash.

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-image2662360553.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-image2005749202.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-image1834532010.jpg

As usual i was very happy with the job done, was a very busy day so had to coordinate with the shop to get a slot, but glad that it eventually worked out well

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th December 2013 at 22:42.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2013, 20:24   #662
BHPian

Had been to 3M HSR today for the first inspection of my 5-year under body coating plan. Siddu sir was present there and personally inspected my car. Had a great time talking to him. The car was touched up as required and all my complaints (put up in the previous post) were taken care of. I am definitely going back for the paint sealant. Sidhu sir is honestly reading all the comments put up here and making sure they are taken care of.

Am I delighted: yes.
Value for money: yes
Am I going back: yes
Will I recommend to others: yes.
kash_pegasus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 19:17   #663
Senior - BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kash_pegasus View Post
Am I delighted: yes.
Value for money: yes
Am I going back: yes
Will I recommend to others: yes.
Same here. Been there for a wash as a part of my AMC and Mr. Sidhu personally took care of everything there. Even though they had hanful of vehicles, they promptly put me in a comfort zone and managed to get my ride quickly. Definitely echo your words up here.
unk9ja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2013, 12:55   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
and followed with the Polo wash.

I had got the paint sealant done as soon as the car arrived (Polo) and it's about 3 months plus. Secret to maintaining it, wash less frequent and do a proper wash only. Would have washed it about 3-4 times, rest all natural rain wash.
What is this paint sealant? And how does it work. Will it work on an older car? or does it make sense to only get it done on a new paint job/car?

My car collects dust like its going out of fashion. If i dont use her one day, there is a nice layer of dust sitting on it.

There are also miniscule scratches appearing on it every now and then, and i cant figure from where. Would a paint sealant help me prevent this?
Old 15th December 2013, 14:10   #665
Senior - BHPian

@stormsearcher: Paint sealant is just a synthetic wax/sealant applied on the paint surface of the car, after preparing the surface.

The surface is prepared by washing, claying, wet sanding(if required for older vehicles) and then machine polishing, followed by hand application of the sealant.

This helps to protect the paint surface from harsh external nature elements.

There are many sealants in the market and the durability depends on quality of the application and the product used.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2013, 18:53   #666
Distinguished - BHPian

I went to 3M HSR last friday for a quick foam wash and as usual returned back with smiles. Dent to the pocket: 438/-

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-20131220_162415optimized.jpg
Old 26th December 2013, 10:18   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I went to 3M HSR last friday for a quick foam wash and as usual returned back with smiles. Dent to the pocket: 438/-

Attachment 1182410
Does a foam wash include interior cleaning too ? Or is it just the outside body?
the paint on my Innova bonnet appears to be very rough . Is a foam wash enough or should I opt for a more detailing package ?
Old 26th December 2013, 10:31   #668
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Does a foam wash include interior cleaning too ? Or is it just the outside body?
the paint on my Innova bonnet appears to be very rough . Is a foam wash enough or should I opt for a more detailing package ?
They will vacuum and wipe the interiors.

Paint roughness etc will not be taken care by just a wash, you will have to do some serious clean up/polish.
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2013, 10:37   #669
BHPian

Quote:
A foam wash includes interior vacuuming. They remove your car mats and give it a through clean while another guy neatly vacuumes your car.

If the surface of your car appears to be very rough, then going for a detailing package is more beneficial in the long run. Basically, the surface contaminants (which causes the roughness when you glide your hands over the surface) will be removed by claying the car. Polishes and sealants protects the surface and gives you a better shine.
rohittunga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2013, 10:39   #670
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As mentioned by jaggu it includes vacuum and wiping the interiors.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2013, 10:45   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
They will vacuum and wipe the interiors.

Paint roughness etc will not be taken care by just a wash, you will have to do some serious clean up/polish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohittunga View Post
A foam wash includes interior vacuuming. They remove your car mats and give it a through clean while another guy neatly vacuumes your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
As mentioned by jaggu it includes vacuum and wiping the interiors.
Thanks a lot folks , I will get a proper detailing done . If not HSR layout 3M , I may try JP Nagar 3m sometime.

Anyone has visited JP nagar 3M before ? Is it as good as HSR 3M?
Old 26th December 2013, 14:01   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone has visited JP nagar 3M before ? Is it as good as HSR 3M?
From the earlier experiences of bhpians, there was frequent breakdown of the pressure washer in this facility. They used to pour water from a stagnant source in the wash area. This could end up in more harm than good. Check out before you leave your vehicle. I would suggest you to drop in at HSR anf enjoy your experience.
Old 30th December 2013, 18:27   #673
BHPian

I had got a small dent and paint work done for my my Duster wheel arch (posted snaps earlier). Since the PPF was removed from that portion, I had been trying to go to Sidhu's place and get it done. This afternoon, after lunch at Madhuram Arusuvai restaurant, stopped by there. Of course I had contacted Pradeep and he asked me to swing by. Stopped by there, got the work done after catching up with Sidhu and Pradeep. I was leaving and wanted to make the payment. They would not accept that as it was too small a job Also picked Pradeep's brain on how to keep the edges of PPF free off the micron size dirt particles. Thanks guys, happy new year to Sidhu, Pradeep and the entire team there. Cheers
Old 30th December 2013, 19:44   #674
BHPian

Spent almost the whole day there, in town from US for couple of months and my friend wanted some nice things to be done for his newly bought Vento, booked an appointment for the morning but got delayed. The overall experience was really nice and professional, my friend is also a happy camper, have no complaints on entire job well done ...my son who came in yesterday could not see the work and was livid when I met him now. Saw some bhpians and guess met Waxeloquent with his pristine duster , nice meeting you sir ( missed the chance to introduce myself, I was the tallish guy with glasses when you were in the store). Pics don't do much justice, but opted for floor mats, paint sealant and windshield protective film.
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-image2651595372.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-image2312907054.jpg  

Last edited by mazda4life : 30th December 2013 at 19:53.
mazda4life is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 20:08   #675
Senior - BHPian

Completed the first year AMC from Mr. Sidhu's outlet today. When I asked him for the next schedule, he asked me not to come for the next 6 months after which we discuss this topic, an honest answer which I liked. Just wipe with the duster, wash only when needed and wax once a month after shampoo wash was the additional advice which I got from him. Will I go back, YES, I will definitely.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks