Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2015, 18:07   #781
Senior - BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Do you know when the sarjapur road branch is set to open?
The place seems to be open now. I saw few cars inside when driving by last weekend.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 10:27   #782
Team-BHP Support

Sarjapur road 3M opened on 10th of July. I was invited to the inauguration being a regular customer at HSR store.

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0010.jpg

They have a dedicated section for wraps and detailing. There is one booth for foam wash.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 20th July 2015 at 10:29.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 17:46   #783
BHPian

I visited the place last Saturday - July 18th. Manager Mr. Pradeep and Entire crew is efficient and energetic. Requested an appointment over phone (for body wash) and arrived the center on given time. Within 15 minutes my car was moved into the bay, cleaning started and after 45 minutes my Car was shining and I was smiling. It was nice experience to get the Car washed in an hour on a weekend. This also included interior cleaning using vacuum. Overall a very nice experience.
Yes, they have a separate space for matting and venyl jobs too.
Old 19th August 2015, 21:49   #784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Me and a few friends get our cars washed regularly at http://www.speedcarwash.com/ This is on the lane adjacent to Kaikondrahalli lake, opp to the Fire station. Although not upto 3M standards, they do a really good job.

PS: The owner and manager were involved in a freak accident and out of action for a couple of months but the boys still run the show pretty decently.
I went there for a wash (it is down the road from Nanda's andhra restaurant, and past one or two other garages including a maruti service center and a 2 wheeler workshop on one side, another FNG type place on the other)

Their "gold wash" for Rs. 550 for a sedan is quite good value - pressure wash + shampoo, engine hot water wash, underbody + tyre + wheel arches etc wash, shampooing dash / door panels, air blowing + vacuum of the insides and mats. They use Sonax products for all this, so quite decent quality (and also sell Sonax products)

The owner / manager is back there now - he says he was out of action for 4 months, because of an advertisement balloon exploding and severely injuring his hands.

After this review he seems to be getting a lot of business from local bhpians, and says this prompts him to keep his standards up. If he gets good reviews here, he gets tons of business, but he says he is aware that if someone disses his services here people may just stop coming.

ps: Don't miss the cute mongrel puppy tied up outside his shop under a tree. It is very friendly - and likes to jump up and lick you + nibble at your jeans (do make sure you're wearing jeans! dog bites even by a puppy need injections if they puncture the skin). Take some marie biscuits (not sweet stuff like gluco / milk bikis / cream biscuits etc) along, please - that's a very cute puppy to play with while you wait for your car.

Last edited by hserus : 19th August 2015 at 21:53.
hserus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 10:04   #785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
I too was denied a wash, this was around 6 months ago.
I went there at least 3 times in the past and couldn't get the wash. I even requested for an interior cleaning, including shampooing the seats, but they were not interested in doing it.

Also, when I went there to inspect the underbody coating as per the warranty, there were black spots all over the mud guard and below the frame. I had to instruct them to clean it up.

Overall my experience with HSR 3M is not at all satisfactory.
Old 22nd December 2015, 12:38   #786
Distinguished - BHPian

Got a call from them last week about their door step service. They will come to your home in a van and do the cleaning there. Remember someone posting pics of the same in some thread, not able to find it though.

Just an update for anyone interested in availing the same.
Old 31st December 2015, 19:12   #787
BHPian

Just reached home from 3M Car care HSR layout branch. I gave my Black XUV500 for exterior and interior cleaning and beautification. They suggested 3M-paint sealant-Advanced treatment for exterior and Interior Germkleen treatment.

Well, they did not live up to the hype. The final finish of their work is less than average to put it mildly. Going by the exemplary testimonials on this very thread, I drove 17kms to HSR layout instead of going to their nearest franchisee at Indiranagar. I haven't visited them when they were under previous owners, but now all I can say is that quality and attention detail have gone to dogs.

I booked an appointment by calling them and spoke to one Mr.Sandeep. Mine was the first car today at their store and he advised that it will take about 6+ hours for entire work to complete and hence advised me to comeback in the evening. I got call around 3pm that my car is almost ready, I reached there by 4pm and a cursory walk around the car started showing the shoddy work they have done. There are smudges all over the car, windshield is dirty, all the windows have dry water stains, Chrome parts of the car are muddy, there are grimy patches all over the plastic parts.

I started pointing these to Mr.Sandeep who called in few of the workers attending to other cars and they started wiping the car with dirty 3M cloth, once I pointed it then they took a new cloth and wiped the car. Then I showed the soiled center console and smudges all over the places. The final horror is when I saw swirl marks on the bonnet (visible only at an extreme angle). By this time Sandeep lost interest, he didn't even bother to look at where I am pointing unless I insisted. Then he went off to write job cards for another car that just came in. Another person (I didn't ask his name) came from the reception area and started giving me gyan. As per him the water stains cannot be removed in this treatment, I asked how the heck the got there when there were no dry water stains when I dropped the car? as per him, the smudges that I am showing are actually the spray that they put on and it need to dry up naturally. He couldn't explain why there are swirl marks on the bonnet which were not present when I dropped the car in the morning, nor does the dry water stains on the interior of the car. Finally I have to politely tell him to shut it and settle the bill.

Morning when I dropped the car, I was ready to take their annual package costing 20K, but after seeing the below average work- I just settled the bill of Rs.10,855 and walked out.

If anyone is visiting this branch based on the testimonials of previous years, I advise them caution.
vaspro is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 09:32   #788
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaspro View Post
If anyone is visiting this branch based on the testimonials of previous years, I advise them caution.
Just adding a note. As you said the store is now run by a different owner vs the older one when this thread had started.

Secondly, the new owner has opened a second branch on Sarjapur road. The manager (Pradeep) and most of the boys from the HSR have now moved to this new store which started in July last year.

I haven't been to the HSR store ever since the Sarjapur one opened up.

So there is a chance that the HSR store has seen a drop in quality after they moved some manpower to the new Sarjapur one.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2016, 20:25   #789
BHPian

Just wanted to give my experience with the HSR Layout branch. Overall I was quite pleased with their work and am surprised to see -ve reviews here. I had done the Interior GermKleen treatment on my Ford Figo few months ago and also the Full Exterior Detailing of my SX4. I stayed with the cars both the times & was overall quite impressed with the overall quality of work done.

I will show the before & after videos of my SX4 which is 8 years old. It had been standing under a tree for a few weeks due to some construction work going on in the basement car park. It was overall in a very pathetic condition & I thought it was high time it was given 'Special' treatment.

Here is a look at the car before the treatment as I brought it to 3M. As you can see, its in a filthy condition:

Step 1: They started cleaning all the crevices with a toothbrush and some chemical which looked like Harpic!!

Step 2: They did a preassure wash followed by a foam scrub and preassure wash again to rinse:

Step 3: They wiped the whole car with a 3M adhesive cleaner from a spray can. I have the pics below.

As you could see from the pics, even after washing & using this adhesive cleaner, there were still gooey marks / stains on the car. These were not from the tree under which it was parked, but from the road as they were prominent on the front bumper and lower sides of the doors. Most likely due to use & highway drives over the years. There were not going even after scratching with nails. Zoom into the pics below to see them in detail.

Step 4: They started claying the car after applying some form of degreasing agent which also acted as lubricant. This did the magic! 90% of all the stains were removed after this point.

Step 5: This is when they brought in their heavy weight machines (Bosch) and started the Rubbing & Polishing process. This removed the remaining 10% of the stains. Even minor scratches disappeared after the rubbing process. Next they did the polishing with a different 3M product & Foam pad using the same machines. Bottles of the Rubbing solution & Polish were exactly the same except for the nozzle. The rubbing agent had a white nozzle while the polish had a black/grey nozzle. Even the colour of the actual product was the same colour as the nozzle. These products are not available Over the Counter for sale.

The Rubbing process also released some white powder (From the product, Its not the paint). Hence they covered the nose and inserted headphones into their ears as protection. Also, the whole car was wrapped with tape & paper to prevent this powder from going into the crevices.

Step 6: They again pressure washed the car with water & gave it another wipe down with microfiber cloths. Pics are below.

Step 7: They applied a sealant with foam (Manually) over the whole car. Then again wiped it down with microfiber cloth. 2-3 of the senior folks (who operated the machines) inspected the whole car and instructed the junior folks if anything was found not shining like a mirror! Really, just wiping your hand on the surface, it felt like satin!

This was the last step & the whole process took close to 4 hours. I was very happy with the quality & took a package for also getting my figo done in the future. This worked out such that the final price came to Rs 5000 for the SX4 and Rs5000 for the Figo in the future. Overall, I was pretty happy with the workshop. Oh & by the way, they also pressure washed the floor mats & wiped the interiors with cloth so there was no dust.

This was the second time I had visited them. The first time was when I had done the GermKleen Interior cleaning on my Figo. I would definitely recommend them.
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20160313_135534.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20160313_142738.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20160313_142800.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20160313_143901.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20160313_144659.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20160313_163142.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20160313_165834.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20160313_171152.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20160313_174036.jpg  

GForce1980 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 10:08   #790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
So there is a chance that the HSR store has seen a drop in quality after they moved some manpower to the new Sarjapur one.
Please help me out here. Was planning to take my year old EcoSport for a full cleanup at 3M HSR but just read that the management has changed and they have another outlet that has opened up at Sarjapura circle.

Also read up in some of the posts that their service levels is not up to the mark now. Hence please suggest-

1. Which outlet to choose from since both are not very far from where I live - BTM or do you suggest any other 3M outlet.

2. What kind of job should be booked for internal and external cleaning and if it requires any waxing job etc every time?

3. Also is it a good idea to take an annual package which my friend suggested recently and if so what does that package cover or should a regular visit at fixed intervals do the job?

Currently wash the car once a week manually with water at home.
Old 2nd May 2016, 14:54   #791
Senior - BHPian

New 3M car care center is opening in Electronic city - Very good for car owners from Electronic city
Old 21st July 2016, 11:16   #792
BHPian

Have been to 3M HSR layout for the first time after a long time deliberation mainly to get the Germ Clean+ service but added an Advanced paint protection as well. Even though it is very expensive work is neat.
Quoted for a total of 6hrs to complete the service so I dropped the vehicle at 10:30Am and left, after 2:30hrs when i came back to check surprised to see they just started the work 5mins back.
Talked with the Manager there and he promised to return by 4:30PM but finally released at 5:30PM.

Work looks neat but there are few defects.
1. Third row floor they haven't cleaned until checked and pointed out the dust.
2. AC disinfectant, not applied to all vents when asked they said one vent they forgot and applied before delivery and asked not to use the AC for half an hour.

Being such a Brand shop, i didn't expect things missing, they should be having a standard procedures.

They have a package in offer which includes the repetition of same procedure along with 5 free car wash with one year validity. I opted for this, will be visiting again after sometime.
I came to know even the Sarjapura Road branch belongs to same owner and this package is valid in both places.
It should have been good if the package is valid across India.
Old 21st July 2016, 11:55   #793
BHPian

Had ben to 3M store couple of weeks back. Had a good overall exp with their paint sealant program. However, I also asked sandeep to wrap my ORVMs with black CF film which looked to be done to my satisfaction.

But, within a week, it started coming out, bubbles formed and slowly the joints are detaching. Sad to see that the work has not been done professionally.

Now, I stay in EC and finding out time to visit the shop only to get this fixed is really troublesome. I have spoken to sandeep and he asked me to make a visit and he will get it fixed.

For those who want to get CF wraps done to their ride here, be careful. Could be a standalone incident but it could also be possible that their CF guy isn't very good at his job.
Shiv_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2016, 12:45   #794
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
Even though it is very expensive work is neat.
Was it for your XUV? Can you share how much did it cost?
Old 1st August 2016, 14:54   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Was it for your XUV? Can you share how much did it cost?
Yes,

I opted for Germ+ interior clean (Appr.5K), Advanced Paint sealant(7K+).
as it is costing more than 12K, i felt it would be better to opt for the package,
which includes GERM+wash (2 times), Adv.Paint Sealant(2times) + 5 carwash @ 20K with 1year validity.
PMK-MoJo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks