Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2017, 13:54   #796
Senior - BHPian

I have been coming to this 3M centre from the past 6 years, every month or so. That's because my office is 10 minutes walk from here, so it is very convenient. I am yet to have a bad experience, while at times work has been a little below par, it has actually never been bad.
Wraps on my car are holding up well. Regular washing here has kept the car looking good. I am not a detailing fanatic, so fully appreciate the good quality and fuss free nature of their service.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 10:52   #797
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Pradeep is back again now as an Area Chief for HSR Sarjapur and Doorstep Detailing.
As always the service is first class.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 13:50   #798
BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

3M Car Care has a new outlet in E-City and I visited them on Saturday to gift my Vista a good cleanup and polish. Went at 12 noon thinking they would be free, but there were 2 cars ahead of me. So I fixed an appointment for 4PM. Reached there on the dot and after consulting the manager decided on getting an interior Germcleen and an exterior polish and shine. I also wanted the PPF film to be put on the 2 front door frame edges, door handle cup area and the interior door frame bottom area.

Scratches on the door frame

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-1.jpeg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-2.jpeg

Germcleening the interiors

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3.jpeg

All purpose cleaner to remove the paint stains from the roof and side panel

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-4.jpeg

Buffing to remove scratches

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-buffing-1.jpeg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-buffing-2.jpeg

Polish to remove swirl marks

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-machine-polish-compound.jpeg

Polishing the car

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-polishing-1.jpeg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-polishing-2.jpeg

Brushing the tyres

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-brushing-wheels.jpeg

Applying PPF on the door frame

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-applying-ppf.jpeg

Engine bay cleaning

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-engine-bay-cleaning.jpeg

The finished product

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-end-product.jpeg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-file4nd-product-side.jpeg

An overkill of stickers
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-back.jpeg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-finished-side-back.jpeg

My 8 year old Vista looking as good as new.
Snehal Sekhar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st May 2017, 18:15   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Pradeep is back again now as an Area Chief for HSR Sarjapur and Doorstep Detailing.
As always the service is first class.

Sitting at 3M HSR LAYOUT currently getting an underbody treatment and nomad car mats for my MARTIAN. Pradeep is a nice gentleman and nice to share things while waiting for the MARTIAN to be pampered and protected.

Luckily, no appointment was needed and no line for me.

Also enquired for the 3M paint protect film called scotch guard. Quoted price for front bumper and side fenders front and back was ~25k. Leaving it for later, the wallet doesn't permit now.

Total bill: ~6k for the nomad mats (20sq ft) and 4K for the underbody treatment.

MARTIAN being protected under the belly.

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1495370567.650441.jpg
Old 21st May 2017, 20:37   #800
Team-BHP Support

It's been 3.5 years for my bro's polo; and with young kids and being a daily use car it had become a real BIG mess inside. VW was not doing any interior cleaning thanks to this being a leased car since lease company tries to keep the bills to the essential only.

And the end result is a FILTHY car! In person it was much more horrific, excuse the pics I had taken these to sent it to friends over WhatsApp.

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_0453.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_0454.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_0455.jpg

These boys at HSR did a good job and... this was the outcome at the end of an 30-45 minutes of scrub and rub. I was like wow! Am super impressed since this is the dirtiest clean up of a car interior I have done ever in my life.

Initially they said just go with the fabric cleaning which was lot cheaper, but then after seeing the severity of the stains went with the foam wash (germi clean).

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_0457.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_0456.jpg

Got a basic wash and wax also done, to prepare for the monsoon ahead. Overall happy with the result after spending 41xx INR.

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_0458.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_0459.jpg

Then I remembered am such a fool, I could have opted for the door step service long time back and get the cars cleaned regularly for my brother without me having to go and get it done in person. I think will try the mobile service for Endy next week.
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 00:27   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Initially they said just go with the fabric cleaning which was lot cheaper, but then after seeing the severity of the stains went with the foam wash (germi clean).
Hi Jaggu,

Would you be able to share how much they quoted only for fabric seat cleaning. I need to get only seats cleaned and not interested in exterior cleaning. Its impossible to clean seats properly without power supply near car and wet vacuum cleaner.

Regards.

Last edited by Samurai : 22nd May 2017 at 00:34. Reason: quote fixed
Old 22nd May 2017, 12:39   #802
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi Jaggu,
Would you be able to share how much they quoted only for fabric seat cleaning. I need to get only seats cleaned and not interested in exterior cleaning.
They have two packages, for polo just the basic fabric cleaning is about 12xx, for the complete germiclean pack which i took, it was 28xx INR. Hope this helps. Will increase as the size of the car increases
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 19:27   #803
BHPian

I was outside India for few years and just went today for car wash at 3M Car Care Electronics City. They use the waterless wash.

Are all 3M Centres using waterless wash nowadays? Last time I got it done at HSR Layout, they had a full water and foam wash setup. Is this the new way? I will probably get back to doing the 2 bucket wash myself.
Old 29th May 2017, 20:57   #804
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
I was outside India for few years and just went today for car wash at 3M Car Care Electronics City. They use the waterless wash.
Some places have issues due to pollution control board cracking the whip for not having decontamination process before releasing the sewage. Call and check before going to the respective outlet.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 18:33   #805
BHPian

3M HSR Layout is also now waterless wash. They said this type of wash could lead to scratches on the paint.

Anyone knows of any alternatives near HSR/Sarjapura/EC in Bangalore?

Thanks.
sprocket is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 16:04   #806
BHPian

Guys, they have restarted water wash thanks to the excessive rainfall and harnessing street water in flooded HSR layout...
sprocket is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 23:34   #807
BHPian

Got a water and foam wash for my Swift at 3M Car Care ITPL/Whitefield today. Total charges were 1385 (including GST). Overall satisfaction was good.
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-8.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-1.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-2.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-5.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-6.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-7.jpg  

MercFan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 06:43   #808
Senior - BHPian

These days it's mostly the building watchman who washes the car, and swirl marks are inevitable. I've told him to wash the tyres only and not the body if he doesn't find it too dusty but dust is there every day. Bangalore has become like that. The busy lifestyle hardly allows me time to wash the car personally. Trying to live with the swirls, as the trip to 3M Car Care is negated in no time! Is there any long-term solution to swirls I wonder. Planning to check out ceramic coating!
Old 19th December 2017, 22:52   #809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Trying to live with the swirls, as the trip to 3M Car Care is negated in no time! Is there any long-term solution to swirls I wonder. Planning to check out ceramic coating!
Honestly, instead of ceramic coating, it is best to let the dust settle and go for a good foam wash and wax once a month. This should be done from day 0 or whenever you start the first wash. Also avoiding the chemical waterless wash at the service center will go a long way in ensuring there are lesser swirls. The above will not avoid swirls fully but by the time you actually notice the swirls, it will be anywhere between 9 months to 1 year. Watchman washing the car will make the swirls appear within a month or 2 of purchase.
Old 19th December 2017, 23:45   #810
Senior - BHPian

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
These days it's mostly the building watchman who washes the car, and swirl marks are inevitable. I've told him to wash the tyres only and not the body if he doesn't find it too dusty but dust is there every day. Bangalore has become like that. The busy lifestyle hardly allows me time to wash the car personally. Trying to live with the swirls, as the trip to 3M Car Care is negated in no time! Is there any long-term solution to swirls I wonder. Planning to check out ceramic coating!

You will get swirls with ceramic coating as well. It may just take a month longer for the building watchman. :

If you do not want the ceramic coating, get the swirls removed at 3M, get yourself the Jopasu duster to get the dust off and then just spray a waterless wash or even a detailer and wipe off gently. This would hardly take you 10 mins. Get the watchman to wash the tyres and wheels.

Get the car washed only if you have too much dirt that the duster cannot handle.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 19th December 2017 at 23:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks