Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Old 20th December 2017, 09:17   #811
BHPian

Default Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Hey, I tried the Jopasu which my friend had - and observed swirls on using it (He uses it everyday and it's 6 months old). Do you get that too? Eons back I had used the California Duster, which was very good, and Meguiars also had one large/heavy version which has been discontinued now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
get yourself the Jopasu duster
Sebring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2017, 11:00   #812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Hey, I tried the Jopasu which my friend had - and observed swirls on using it (He uses it everyday and it's 6 months old). Do you get that too? Eons back I had used the California Duster, which was very good, and Meguiars also had one large/heavy version which has been discontinued now.

I have been using Jopasu for years now and do not tend to pick up swirls. Yes they may be few light marks over a year but that is something that can be treated every 12 months.
Arjun Reddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2018, 12:41   #813
Team-BHP Support

Silencer painting - silencer of my GV was in a bad state! discolored, paint over spray at some place and generally a shade of red! All this thanks to years of under body neglect by previous owner and due to the fact that the car was used in a coastal town.

Came across an offering at 3M which offered to rejuvinate the silencer pipes and box and rate was also pretty reasonable at around 1200 bucks. This weekend i tried this and have to admit, am very much satisfied with the solution they offered. First they cleaned the pipe and the box, then lightly sanded, one final wipe and then it was painted using the spray can.

Some pictures and as usual 5* rating to Pradeep and team.

This is the product used.
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_2483.jpg

Light sanding to remove lose and superficial contamination.
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_2484.jpg

Glimpse of how the sides were before.
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_2485.jpg

Final outcome.
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_2487.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_2488.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_2493.jpg

Definitely recommended for older vehicles before the monsoon sets in.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2018, 08:43   #814
Distinguished - BHPian

I decided to get the 3M Anti-Rodent treatment done.

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_4699.jpg

Went to 3M Car Care HSR Layout even though there is a 3M about 400 metres from my house. Why? Because even though I dont go there regularly now(since they stopped the full car wash), I have great memories from the team there.

They made me wait about 10 minutes while they finished up washing another car during which Pradeep and I were reminiscing about how regularly I used to come there.

They soon parked my car in the bay, sprayed some water, used a lot of APC to clean the engine bay as best as they could. Finished off with compressed air being blown through a nozzle to dry the engine bay as much as possible.
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3b6ca958f0794b44a89fb6163a8146ea.jpg

The pic below shows how the engine bay looked before applying the spray. Quite clean and nice

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_4702.jpg

Post the application of the spray, it looked even better. SHINY! Wonder how long it will remain like that!

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_4704.jpg
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_4724.jpg
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_4723.jpg

3M says this spray will last 6 months. Some friends are sceptical. I havent had any major issues with rats on this car but prevention is better than cure.

This treatment costs Rs 1086/-

I am quite happy with my overall experience with this branch of 3M. I now can only hope that the product itself works as expected.
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_4759.jpg  

Nikhilb2008 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote