Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2010, 21:05   #31
BHPian

Re: 3M Exclusive Showroom in Bommanahalli, Bengaluru

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
Raghu

Thanks for the excellent of snaps. Looks like we finally may have a place where we can pick up all the detailing stuff off the shelf

And a place where the swirls from our cars can be eradicated .

Hope it is priced right too.

Cheers

Sateesh
I got few products from US that are available in 3M shop on shelf, I felt prices are pretty fair. Picked NXT WASH for my cousin and to see the effect (480 INR).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Raghu,please post their postal address too here along with some landmarks near that place.It will be helpful for many who want to drop by there
Hi Sagar,

Address is mentioned in earlier posts, anyways it's in HSR 7th Sector, right adjacent to State Bank of Hyderabad.

Another land mark is Sweet Chariot, this shop is few blocks away from SC towards Salarpuria Apartments.

Find route map from Silk Board

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m.jpg
Old 18th December 2010, 21:35   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the directions Raghu.Do you have the pricelist for the items and services available over there?Any idea how much does the megs tire foam and spray cost?

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 18th December 2010 at 21:36.
Old 18th December 2010, 21:46   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Thanks for the directions Raghu.Do you have the pricelist for the items and services available over there?Any idea how much does the megs tire foam and spray cost?
Hi Sagar,

there are many different services available at 3M based on type of the car, unfortunately I don't have the price list.

Tyre foam cost was 300 INR if I remember correctly. You can call Siddhu in case you need exact price, he would be helpful, else let me know I can request him to send it across.
Old 18th December 2010, 21:57   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Hi Sagar,

there are many different services available at 3M based on type of the car, unfortunately I don't have the price list.

Tyre foam cost was 300 INR if I remember correctly. You can call Siddhu in case you need exact price, he would be helpful, else let me know I can request him to send it across.
Thanks for your kind offer Raghu.Will let you know if need arises.
Am planning to go to their place next weekend !
Old 18th December 2010, 22:37   #35
Team-BHP Support

Me likes!

Khan and myself visited the shop today. 3M Technical Expert Gopakumar also had dropped in and we had long chats about the various products available with them. Silicone water repellant for connectors drew our attention, from the offroading perspective.

I had Snowhite's underbody treatment done and Khan complete exterior and interior detailing done on S1.

Very happy with the underbody treatment done. Khan's S10 might need some more attention and they have asked to drop the car again one of these days. I plan to do a complete exterior/interior job after the 50k kms service of the swift.

Few snaps.
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m4.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m5.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m6.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m8.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m9.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m11.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m12.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m14.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m18.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m19.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m21.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m26.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m27.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th December 2010 at 23:31.
Jaggu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th December 2010, 00:18   #36
BHPian

@raghu / Jaggu: Regarding underbody coat, did you feel a reduction in cabin noise ?? as 3M claims the coating has sound deadning properties.

For ANHC they charged 2750, i am hoping hatchback will be slightly less

Edit: Someone mentioned that care should be taken so as not to block the water outlets. Did you guys asked about it ??

Last edited by quadra : 19th December 2010 at 00:20.
Old 19th December 2010, 19:16   #37
Team-BHP Support

Sound deadening i cant comment right now since i haven't driven that much. Might be able to make out when i take the car out to the highway or in the rains. Thankfully swift chassis does not have any vulnerable drain holes where this was applied. Only ones i know off are on the front fenders which exit well outside the treated area.
Old 19th December 2010, 19:31   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

could you pls provide the contact number

Last edited by khan_sultan : 20th December 2010 at 21:21. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 19th December 2010, 21:42   #39
BHPian

Hello friends,
just got back from 3m car care.it all started after i saw the posts of 3m car care.thanks to raghu for contact no
After I had lunch I was lazy to wash the car, I thought why not give Mr Siddhu a call and find out if he was open. Called him he said I can drop in and he was free.
Drove all the way to hsr layout, met mr siddhu he was all excited when i said i am from team-bhp.he explained all the packages they offer in detail.
I opted for power shine package. Where they wash your car,engine compartment,vaccum interiors,vinyl dressing for dash,tyre dressing,applying polish one coat this done by machine and later apply a coat of 3m show finish wax.
I even got a underchassis coating done. I opted for 2 year warranty it costed rs 1195 for my alto.
The power shine costed me rs795.
Overall i am satisfied with the experience...
chetan5678 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2010, 22:13   #40
BHPian

@raghu230506 - Thanks a lot for your initial inputs and direction.
I had been there on Saturday to do the interior cleaning and exterior detailing(surface refinement) on my 3+ year Aveo. Siddhu told me you were around there in the morning hours.
Latter in the evening i met our mods, Khan, jaggu & vid.

Yeah coming to the detailing, My car's interior was in bad shape, thanks to my 2 year old son, some bad chocolate and other black marks on back seat, some greece marks on front passenger seat. They did an excellent job on interior all the dirts are gone. Looks like as new.

And the exterior, there were very bad swirl marks all over. It was very much visible on Aveo's blazing red color. And after the treatment i can say some 60-70% improvement.
With the point light in the shop still i can see some swirl around, but much better than earlier. On normal light its not that visible.
But i feel little more improvement can be possible on exterior and i told this to Siddhu.
Overall i am happy with their service and charges are very reasonable.
Old 19th December 2010, 23:04   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
@raghu / Jaggu: Regarding underbody coat, did you feel a reduction in cabin noise ?? as 3M claims the coating has sound deadning properties.

For ANHC they charged 2750, i am hoping hatchback will be slightly less

Edit: Someone mentioned that care should be taken so as not to block the water outlets. Did you guys asked about it ??
Yes, Hatchback would be slightly less. Regarding the sound deadning, I really feel a slight improvement on my ANHC. I would feel it tomorrow on my way to office and update whether it really improved or it's just my feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhoshs View Post
Quote:
Hi

could you pls provide the contact number
It's available in previous posts anyways posting it again

You can contact Mr. Siddhu @ 9740520357.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
I had been there on Saturday to do the interior cleaning and exterior detailing(surface refinement) on my 3+ year Aveo. Siddhu told me you were around there in the morning hours.

Yeah coming to the detailing, My car's interior was in bad shape, thanks to my 2 year old son, some bad chocolate and other black marks on back seat, some greece marks on front passenger seat. They did an excellent job on interior all the dirts are gone. Looks like as new.

And the exterior, there were very bad swirl marks all over. It was very much visible on Aveo's blazing red color. And after the treatment i can say some 60-70% improvement.
With the point light in the shop still i can see some swirl around, but much better than earlier. On normal light its not that visible.
But i feel little more improvement can be possible on exterior and i told this to Siddhu.
Even I have noticed the same, a small test portion on my ANHC has reduced swirl to 80% but they are not completely gone. Hope they improve on this

Last edited by khan_sultan : 20th December 2010 at 21:22. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 20th December 2010, 00:56   #42
BHPian

My experience - a mixed reaction.
On Saturday went there, knowing the slots are full and will take a long time to the interior cleaning (interior essential) package, I booked it for Sunday 9:00 am. Reached there on dot, however though the previous day I was told it can be done in an hours time, Siddu told he has another car whose work is going on. I pointed him to the appointment book and told him this is specifically the reason why I took an appointment. I was walking away when he told it will take 1.5 hours and he will start it immediately. After opening the job card I left at 9:15, and told I will be back by 10:45. Mr. Siddu said he will give me a call once it is ready. Didn't receive any call and reached there at around 11:30 and my car is still being cleaned :( Finally it was over around 11:45.

On the performance it was good on the part they cleaned - the seats, the carpets, the roof upholstery, central panel etc. However there were spots and marks over the glass - windscreen, as well as on the windows - which basically came from the liquid spray they have used for cleaning. They should have wiped clean the same, but was not done.

I did not bother to tell, as I was in a hurry for a lunch invitation.

They have on my request vacuumed the child seat kept in my car though.

So in summary it is a good job done, however in two counts they failed to meet my expectation -
a) Time estimates
b) Perfection
arindamray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2010, 09:22   #43
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post

There are a few things to note for swirl removal
1. It depends on how many passes are run and what is the degree of cut the compound used. We cannot use the same degree of cut for all swirls and all paints, something that commercial detailers fail to understand and apply many times. 3M usually use Finesse It, which is not very popular outside of 3M outlets in other pro detailer circles.( not sure what they used here though)
2. Some swirls need multiple passes, with IPA wipe down. None will do a IPA wipe down unless they care for precision as it takes time and effort more than normal. Its tough to do that if you have 3-4 cars more to deliver on the same day!
3. With all this, one should not cut into the paint too much also aiming for perfection if we see that enough has been done. We should stop somewhere
4. Swirls get hidden with glaze and sealant, till you wash a few times, and they are back(unless removed in the first place). Wait for a wash and layer of wax/glaze to come off to know how much was really removed.

A MOST crucial point- do learn (if do not know) how to keep swirls away for as long as you can!!!
Check the pics of some swirl removal jobs from our self trained guys on TBHP including me on the detailing thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-home-265.html
Its a very long thread, just run through the last 20-30 pages looking for pics posted by members who did a swirl removal on their own cars. Also good tips on maintenance are aplenty there
Old 20th December 2010, 09:46   #44
Team-BHP Support

From what I saw they used 3m Perfect-it rubbing compound 06085 on all the cars.

The job was definitely better than what you see at the service centres but I feel it could have been better.

Only one pass was made with the rubbing compound irrespective of how bad the swirls were.

The wash was done pretty good but the diesel wipe to remove tar should have been before shampoo not after shampoo wash.

Hopefully these are small things and they improve further.
Old 20th December 2010, 10:58   #45
BHPian

@mkh: Thanks a lot for your detailed explanation. It's very informative.
Let me see how my car goes after multiple washes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
A MOST crucial point- do learn (if do not know) how to keep swirls away for as long as you can!!!
Check the pics of some swirl removal jobs from our self trained guys on TBHP including me on the detailing thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-home-265.html
Its a very long thread, just run through the last 20-30 pages looking for pics posted by members who did a swirl removal on their own cars. Also good tips on maintenance are aplenty there
Yes, now i am trying / learning to keep swirls away. Initial days i did a big mistake by giving my car to apartment people for washing. They did some sort of damage and added to that service center's work.

Very soon i will try to get hold of some of your live sessions. Once again thanks a lot for the information.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks