Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2010, 15:41   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: 3M Exclusive Showroom in Bommanahalli, Bengaluru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemantbsutar View Post
It comes with not only the products that are world class, but also an eye for care, which makes a huge difference.
Agreed.

Quote:
but i think there are limitations to what one can offer in a mass market play for which we need to lower our expectations and if looking for the best, seek the best( and pay for it)
That is a difficult view to lower the expectations from an exclusive dealer.

If this was from a dealer - expectations would have been absolutely lower. When one is an Exclusive detailer - such silly mistakes are not expected to say the least.

Regarding Vitamin M, I guess no one is in shortage to upkeep your baby.

Quote:
Its equally important to be equipped with and know how to maintain the finish, which only car owners can educate IMHO.
Agreed, that's why in the last 3+ years of ownership I did not have such residues anywhere, be it interiors or exteriors.

Generic comments doesn't help. Let us keep it to the point. Do you have a solution, then please help me with it.

Last edited by laluks : 27th December 2010 at 15:43.
Old 27th December 2010, 15:41   #62
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Its important to inspect before leaving the place, else tough to go back when you discover a few things. Sticky marks, grease etc are common, nothing really to combat that other than taking a careful look. A call to Honda Service may also suggest a solution( unlikely) but worth a try as they may have come across this before.

Last edited by mkh : 27th December 2010 at 15:49.
Old 27th December 2010, 15:59   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Its important to inspect before leaving the place, else tough to go back when you discover a few things. Sticky marks, grease etc are common, nothing really to combat that other than taking a careful look. A call to Honda Service may also suggest a solution( unlikely) but worth a try as they may have come across this before.
While leaving it was only the sticky grimy windscreen. This was ok for me as a good wipe would do the trick, which eventually did with 3M glass cleaner and some hard scrubbing. The other one happened by the condensation - mostly like Sohail said - more usage of the cleaning solution.

Had a check with Honda Guys to see if there is a possibility of moisture seeping inside. They replied in the negative. They feel it is on the surface, and since the material is not glass, could have had some reaction.

Siddu at 3M has agreed to help. I have no issues with their honest approach to business. The entire point is eye for detail, from an exclusive outlet like 3M.

Last edited by laluks : 27th December 2010 at 16:02.
Old 27th December 2010, 16:30   #64
Senior - BHPian

Generally all glass cleaners and APCs are plastic safe!

It might then be due to wiping the plastic with a contaminated cloth, which caused a few scratches or fine hazing of the plastic. Which is appearing as a residue deposit.

Next I'd try a plastic polish to see if they indeed are scratches or not.(if they are, then they'll be easily removed with the polish)

Do you have any polishes with you?
Old 27th December 2010, 17:09   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Generally all glass cleaners and APCs are plastic safe!

It might then be due to wiping the plastic with a contaminated cloth, which caused a few scratches or fine hazing of the plastic. Which is appearing as a residue deposit.

Next I'd try a plastic polish to see if they indeed are scratches or not.(if they are, then they'll be easily removed with the polish)

Do you have any polishes with you?
Oh!
I have a sonax liquid polish. Will that help?
Old 27th December 2010, 17:34   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Oh!
Dont do anything now. See what the dealer offers, if not ask him to check with 3M directly for a solution.
Old 27th December 2010, 18:56   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Oh!
Yes! it will help!

But Jaggu is also right that in saying that since they caused it in the first place, they should remove it!

Your call really!

Last edited by sohail99 : 27th December 2010 at 19:14.
Old 27th December 2010, 19:41   #68
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Guys.

I will wait for 3M's call as promised. Lets see how it turns out to be.
Old 27th December 2010, 20:43   #69
Senior - BHPian

Just for info- You can use any polishes meant for paint on clear plastics as well!!

Since plastics are generally softer than paint(not always the case) these polishes tend to work better and faster on clear plastics.

I've restored a few of my old CDs that were scratched by using a rubbing compound on them!
Old 28th December 2010, 15:15   #70
Senior - BHPian

How much did they charge for exterior detailing of the palio?
waiting for the dollar's colony outlet(walkable distance from my place)
Old 31st December 2010, 21:24   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
waiting for the dollar's colony outlet
Hi,

Is it on New BEL road? when it will open? thoght of visiting their existing place for under body quoting to my punto, but after reading your post i think it will be better to wait, b'caz i am residing very near to dollar's colony.
Old 15th January 2011, 21:05   #72
BHPian

An another 3M exclusive showroom started functioning from yesterday at Pune, vimannagar - gigaspace! This the the second one in the country......
Old 17th January 2011, 21:20   #73
Senior - BHPian

Did not get a call back yet. So what is the difference between exclusive showroom and the one at the dealers?

I am happy with the stuff happening at Dakshin Honda, and whatever mess they do, they own it up too and solve it too.

Hope to solve the mess by myself, its a pity that an exclusive outlet put me to this!!
Old 18th January 2011, 14:42   #74
Senior - BHPian

Tried out the Exterior Beautification option with them on my Zen, work was good but the consequence of the work was a spending of 900 more to replace the Horn after it stopped working post the work.

I did not bother to go back there again as they wouldn't have owned up to it that its their work that made the horn go kaput. I presume it was during the washing where they spray onto the engine compartment that might have been the culprit.

So for me its a mixed bag experience. I would go back to H2O Therapy near Iblur lake wherein they do a decent job with less cost.

Last edited by motomaverick : 18th January 2011 at 14:44.
Old 18th January 2011, 14:52   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Tried out the Exterior Beautification option with them on my Zen, work was good but the consequence of the work was a spending of 900 more to replace the Horn after it stopped working post the work.
No workshop or water wash center will own up to water damage to horns. I have lost 2 pairs in the last 2 years because of this carelessness. Now i ensure i carry a plastic bag and wrap it up and ensure i get to use the blow hose myself to dry the bay after the wash.

Lalu you have a valid case, i think you should call them and give a serious feedback.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks