Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2011, 12:10   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: 3M Exclusive Showroom in Bommanahalli, Bengaluru

no the polished they use are not for sale. but they seem to be cheap. a 500 ml bottle had mrp 1490 on it. but when i asked them does 3M sell those products, they denied.

but i know the polishing pads are very much available in leading paint shops.
Old 31st January 2011, 12:43   #92
Senior - BHPian

Here in delhi, refinishing industry is in a huge pit!

All you get here are wool pads!!
I've never ever seen a proper 3M or other known brand polishing and cutting pads here!!

btw do use QD, spray wax(if available) and jopasu duster to maintain that finish!
Old 31st January 2011, 13:09   #93
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
I see quite a lot of polishes and compounds used by them!(Perfect-It III line)

Most of which are super hard to acquire!!(usually have to import)

Amit can you inquire as to whether they have those for sale or not!?(Also waffle and wool pads)

3M has some really good machine polishes and pad system if you can get your hands on em.
I have had a chance to be at a distributors place, just was with a friend. They supply 3M stuff ONLY to 3M detailing outlets. That said, i have seen a place where 3M stuff was sold, but i am certain it was NOT made in the USA. They have cheaper stuff for indian market- not sure if its the same quality as the USA and that is what i used i feel here. To get the best, you have to source from the US( as this is the case with most brands selling in india, car care or otherwise)
Old 31st January 2011, 13:13   #94
Senior - BHPian

^^

ya i have got the QD spray. this is the most beneficial product that i have ever used. its like a miracle. the smoothness it offers over the waxed surface is amazing.

in pune the 3M is located at address below

Delta 2 Condinum, Giga Space, 3M Car Care, Next To Honda Showroom, Viman nagar, Pune - 14
Old 31st January 2011, 20:36   #95
Senior - BHPian

3M Exclusive Showroom in Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
^^

ya i have got the QD spray. this is the most beneficial product that i have ever used. its like a miracle. the smoothness it offers over the waxed surface is amazing.

in pune the 3M is located at address below

Delta 2 Condinum, Giga Space, 3M Car Care, Next To Honda Showroom, Viman nagar, Pune - 14
Amit,

Is the honda showroom, the BU Bhandari Honda showroom and opposite to Kothari wheels. There is a signal crossing there ?

Also how much did you pay for the detailing ?>

Rahul
Old 31st January 2011, 20:51   #96
Senior - BHPian

I always envy the Bangy members, reading this thread. I do not see why Delhi / NCR cannot have a facility like this. Afterall if numbers matter, Delhi/NCR has the highest number of vehicles compared to all other metros put together.

And then I came across by accident, a CAR SPA if you please, at Sector 17, Gurgaon. The cars that I saw being detailed was like Nirvana !!

They use Mcguire or some such product, was in a rush so did not bother too much about details, but YES I am going there for sure.

The gentleman incharge also seemed like a car lover & someone who you could communicate with.

Will post here once I get one of my cars done !!

Cheerio
Old 31st January 2011, 22:33   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post
For the benefit of fellow T-BHPians I'm uploading the brochure in full that details all the services offered with prices. Hope you find it useful. Have cropped few portions of the brochure for better visibility. You will see the prices listed as xxx/xxx/xxx it simply means the price is related to S/M/L (Small, Medium and Large).
Thanks a bunch. Whats the difference between 'essential' and 'advanced' as far as the exterior restore package goes.
Old 2nd February 2011, 15:46   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
I've been at BLR 3M last friday. Sidhu and Krishna (Technical Service Manager from 3M) sorted out 95% of the issues.

Happy again
Hey laluks i ensured that i spoke to sidhu about your issues and he explained to me over all what happened and the amount of follow up he explained to me to get the cleaning solution to be shipped from US to here and get it tested here and everything was super cool.And he also told me about a recent horn issue that came up in a zen and he was willing to replace that as well if the damage was done due to his wash for me more than paying i think the over all ownership he took about the issue was suprising as i feel no one now a days do that. If you are at a dealers place and he spoils something he would just smile and say sorry sir(if he is polite) or he would just say i dont think we spoiled it.

So here is my story for car detailing .....
I saw the work done my Nirmal and Moshin and i was quite thrilled by this work and call Moshin the same day some time one the first week of Jan and Moshin was a very good person he quickly explained me everything they do and who they are it thrilled me quite a bit and he did mention that he would not be in town that weekend and he said Nirmal would follow up with me and inspect the vehicle and give me the best quote and work that needs to be done. But i never got a call after that and it disappointed me a lot and to be frank i was atleast expecting a reply to my PM from Moshin sir if not a phone call.

My priority/expection was i wanted a proper swirl free car, because i use Sonax car wax(i know its not the best) everyweek end and my car is well maintaned and only washed once a month and every morning i use a duster to dust the dirt. By the way mine is a black zen and recently picked it up from true value and must say the previous owner had maintaned the car really well and had got periodic detailing done on the car.

So after i took delivery of the car ther was a small dent on the LF door(thanks to b'lore traffic) and i was not happy with it and i checkd with Sagar true value where i got the car, they quoted a high price and i was not happy so i took it to my old local painter and he does a decent job so got the work done on the LF door. Then the painter himself told me tht the RR door was painted and they have not done the rubbing on it so you see the wavy finish so he voluntarily offer to rectify that by using a rubbing compund and polish i said ok. So the next day i come and see the LF door is as neat as a factory finsh(oops i may be Exaggerating too much, but atleast better than the wavy finsh on the RR door). But i was horrified by the work done on the RR door looked like he had used some sand paper or some to scrape it and there was scratches of rubbing all over the door it ticked me off and the when asked he said Sir that is the best i can do (wat do u mean best you spoiled it more than what it was before). So after this i could not wait to get the scratches/swirls removed. So i was in search of getting the detailing done as soon as possible. So i saw this post of 3M shop in bangalore so i read through the entire post and got to know what i can expect with all the good and bad experience written by my fellow BHPians i decided to keep my expectation at 50% swirl removal and 100% scratches removal by scratches i meant the ones the local painter had done on the RR door and the car top.

So called Sidhu and spoke to him he said he was not at the store he is in a meeing in 3M office so he said he ll call me back in 5mins and he didnt so after an hour i sent a text and asked him if i can come today. He called me after 20 mins and apolozied and said he was in a meeting and couldnt answer or reply to the text so he said he ll call back in 5 mins again and check if the slot is free for the work. He did call me back in a min and said i can come today(1st Feb, 11) so i went to the outlet at 6Pm and Pradeep was there to whome Sidhu reffered me to talk to. So he saw the car and said Sir the car looks so new and you want an exterior treatment for this. I said yes and showed him the swirls and the scratches(done by the local painter) and then he showed me the packages that are available. I personally felt that the packages where a little on the expensive side as i remember Moshin Sir had promised me a swirl remmoval and sealent for 2.5k as it was a zen(small segment). So i finalized on 2 packages one was a wax finsh which was 2.5k(dont remember the exact name) and the other was 3M paint protection through sealent which was 3.5k so by then Sidhu came and guide me on what are the things involved in both the procedures and i was convinced to go for the sealant program(3.5k). By then my car was washed and got to the job floor. So Krishna came up to me and said "Sir Team BHP guys really maintain the car too well, first car was Jaggu Sir's car and he had come for a under coat treatment and when i went to wash the car i couldn't even find a little bit of dust and it was so clean" and then he said "your car doesnt look like its a 4 yr old car and its well maintained" i smiled and said Thank you.

So 6.30 the work started the duration mentioned was 1.5 hrs for the whole thing so again i walked up to Krishna and said the swirl and scratches removal is my atmost priority. So then they started the masking process and since i saw in the thread a couple of guys mentioned that the masking is done only in the pune store and not Bengaluru store i asked Sidhu this so he said sir only for premium treatment we use masking for power shine package which is 900 we cant use it coz 1st there is no dust generated and ther is no need of masking for that as its only wax thats used. So when he said dust generated i was like what dust is he speaking about, then when krishna started with using the compound to clean up the swirls i realised what he meant by dust so there was so much white power dust all over the floor. So while the work was done i should Sidhu team bhp site on my Notebook and explained him about the discussion we have here and the feedbacks and reviews so he was quite happy and he said for team bhp guys we try and do a little bit more extra than normal customers so i was like then can i expect some freebies or discount on the package he smiled and said no no Sir we will do best job and if you dont like it i will re work on it and that was a promise. so 8Pm the Job was all done and Krishna called me to show the finsh and it looked great but i could still see swirls but there was a little reduction i could say about 20 to 30% so he told me that on the first treatment its difficult to remove 100% swirls. So i was still unhappy that swirls are still shown up and i had to show him pannel by pannel wher there were still so many swirls and he went ahead and re worked on all those area and tried as much as he could. But internally i was 100% satisfied as i had all those scratches removed which was done by the local painter and my RR door and top was back as normal with litle swirls and no scratches. So i saw the meguiars range and ther were not much and i felt they were expensive(double the amount you can get from US) but atleast you can have a peace of mind that its genuine product that your buying and obviously any product in US is cheaper than what you get here so i deceided not to buy them as i am getting my stuff from my cousin coming from US this month.

So 8.30PM my car was delivered and i was quite happy. So today morning while using the duster to clean my car i wanted to see how the work is and parked the car out in the sun from the covered car parking. So i could still see swirls and i was not at all happy after spending so much i think atleast i need to have a little more swirls removed so called Sidhu immediatly and told him about this so Sidhu said ok if your not satified no problem you can come back again after 15 days or a month and we ll do the entire treatment again on the area where there are swirls so i asked him cant i come today and get it done so he said the treatment is done just yesterday so the sealents are applied so lets give it some time and settle down after that we can rework on it as he didnt want to take a risk of paint peel off is what he said. For me this logic didnt sound good again since i dont know much about sealents so i brought this and more than that i think he was polite enough to offer me a re-work so i thought i can trust him on this. So i will be going to him again after 15 days so lets see what happens.

But over all i will still give this place 4 out of 5 reasons :

- the workers there work with a lot of passion
- customer interaction skills are top notch
- taking ownership on issues when reported
- they are ready to take customers feedback
- Sidhu is always there to explain you everything
- I got a free wind sheild cleaning done with 3M solution which is still not out in the marking and this was straight from US for the Honda civic issue they had recently which i have quoted above and i must say that the wind sheild is much clear now n better

things that can be areas of improvement:
- Final inspection needs to be done very well ( today morning i had to remove a little white dust n tape gum which were stuck in quite a few places(tape gum from the masking part)

so in short this is what i feel and if there are any feedbacks to my expectation on swirls please let me know i know there are many guys out here much experienced than me.

Here are the pics i captured during the work that was done( sorry for quality of image my iphone could only do some much.
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/shivakuc/Desktop/Car/Detailing/photo%201.JPG[/IMG]
First pic you can see the finshed hood area and the unfinished Right fender that how much of swirls my car had.. hood is looking rejuvenated

Last 2 pics are of the car taken a month ago before the last 2 pics are the images taken today morning to detect the amount of swirls and you can still see some but its much better than what the car was before
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-163209_486983212981_584672981_6133357_827818_n.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-164501_486983027981_584672981_6133350_8152670_n.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-photo-2.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-photo-3.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-photo-4.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-photo-5.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-photo-7.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-photo-8.jpg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th November 2011 at 07:35. Reason: removing extra smiley
chethan25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2011, 14:10   #99
BHPian

Today Moshin Sir called me in the morning to have a check on this and i think i will be meeting him today. So i am happy now that i got a folow up now and i have told Moshin sir about what has been done by 3M and lets see what he would suggest i will update sometime later tomorrow Hope atleast now i can get a good work considering Moshin Sir and Nirmal Sir are pro's in this feild.
Old 3rd February 2011, 21:12   #100
BHPian

So i met Mohsin today and Mohsin Sir sorry i have misspelled your name in the above posts , and he took a look at the car and he mentioned that the little swirls i see are due to the woolen pad used for buffing which creates them and those are not real swirls so i will have to leave with it and may be after 3-6 month i ll get the treatment again done from our Tbhp guys. Overall from what i heard from Mohsin 3M has done a decent job but nothing to go gaga over and for the same money or lesser price you can get a better job from our own guys who have more passion and deal with our cars as their cars. So if any of you guys out here are looking for a really really swirl free car then its Mohsin and Nirmal that you need to get in touch with but if you cant wait for the appointment and you want a quick job then you can go for 3M. But to be frank i think the wait time will be worth it

Mods: I am not trying to force anything on to the people out on the forum but just giving my 2 cents so that they would not have to have a rework like what i would have to under go.

Mod Note: Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th May 2013 at 18:17.
Old 4th February 2011, 13:46   #101
Senior - BHPian

Yea!! the sun shots show the marring left behind by the wool pad! Generally a finishing polish (M205 or others) with a white pad will clear it all up!
Old 4th February 2011, 23:23   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Yea!! the sun shots show the marring left behind by the wool pad! Generally a finishing polish (M205 or others) with a white pad will clear it all up!
Hey Sohail your right never mind next time since i ll be getting it done from Mohsin and Nirmal so would not have to worry about this
Old 21st February 2011, 16:37   #103
BHPian

Visited 3M Care care on 19th Feb to perform under-chassis anti corrosion coating for my swift. On the whole it was a pleasant experience.

Called up Mr. Siddhu and booked an appointment. Took my car to their shop and was explained about all the jobs they do.

As I wanted to do the under-chassis treatment I picked up the one with 2yr warranty. The time estimate given was 1:30 to 2 hrs. Since there was another car undergoing the cleaning at their basement, my car had to wait and this made them to overshoot the estimated time for my car delivery.

However, they followed the proper process as per the specifications of 3M to do the coat. The car's under-chassis was cleaned first with pressure wash, then de-greased and then coated with 3M coat. I was asked to check the coat and spillages in the body which they promptly cleaned. My car was also given a complementary exterior wash.

The prices of has been revised. The 2 year warranty under-chassis coat for medium segments costs 1695/= now.
Old 22nd February 2011, 00:25   #104
Senior - BHPian

3M shop in dollar's colony has opened recently and looks like its operational.
Its on the road leading to MSR hospital.
Old 22nd February 2011, 09:21   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
3M shop in dollar's colony has opened recently and looks like its operational.
Its on the road leading to MSR hospital.
Where in Dollars colony Vinay ? Directions please.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 22nd February 2011 at 09:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks