Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2012, 18:20   #256
Team-BHP Support

Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
Folks,

I am looking for sun film and underbody coating options for my upcoming Sunny. Spoke to 3M HSR Layout and the price quoted for the CR 70 front windshield is Rs. 7750 and CS 50 for side and rear is Rs. 5735. I have got quotes for the same combo from a dealer at 7000 and 4500 respectively. This makes me think why there is so much of difference. Ideally it should be the other way round.

Look forward to more info or expert comments on the pricing
3M car care outlet pricing is higher than other shops because what you get is quality assurance and peace of mind. When they say 5yr warranty it is warranty directly from 3M and not the shop guy going and asking for a warranty claim. Customer service and experience count for increased cost.

I got my car's film CS20 fitted from 3M. There was one small bubble noticed the second day. I went and showed it to them and the film was immediately ripped out and new one fitted.

Compared to the Llumar on my other car for which I was told small scratches occur during fitting and nothing can be done from another shop.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2012, 20:14   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639
what you get is quality assurance and peace of mind.
+1

Out of 10 years of combined car ownership experience, I have realized that automobile accessory business is one where its easy to get conned - either because of our inexperience or because of lack of knowledge - and the skill of conmen

It makes sense to buy at authorized outlets - warranty is honoured even if you move to a different town.

IMO, buying 3M film with no company warranty is like buying Ray-Ban shades at traffic signal.

When it comes to sun film, never cut corners (pun intended)

Edit: Lack of knowledge can be countered by reading team-bhp regularly

Last edited by Eddy : 28th May 2013 at 23:28. Reason: Extra smiley
autocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2012, 20:28   #258
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
+1

Out of 10 years of combined car ownership experience, I have realized that automobile accessory business is one where its easy to get conned - either because of our inexperience or because of lack of knowledge - and the skill of conmen

It makes sense to buy at authorized outlets - warranty is honoured even if you move to a different town.

IMO, buying 3M film with no company warranty is like buying Ray-Ban shades at traffic signal.

When it comes to sun film, never cut corners (pun intended)

Edit: Lack of knowledge can be countered by reading team-bhp regularly
Actually this doesn't apply to 3M alone. As contradicting as it may sound but I've opted for Garware Icecool shield on my car's front windshield only cause the guy is known and reliable.

Basically any reliable source is good who can deliver on quality.
Old 2nd April 2012, 21:49   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
This makes me think why there is so much of difference. Ideally it should be the other way round.
I had got the CR70 installed from a 3M distributor[CATS, Jayanagar] for my i10 3 years back. It costed 6750 and I had the same question, when Car Shringar was doing it for 5.5K for the same. I was told that the distributors were not supposed to offer it below a cut off price. I went with the direct distributor for peace of mind and I could see vehicles of 3M employees were getting film done there.

But finally, it depends on the installer's expertise and the environment it gets done. Mine was also not niggle free - bubbles popped up next day and it was promptly replaced by a new film.

Also, there is wide variation of price between states. My uncle got CR70 installed on his 2011 Honda City about 2 months back for 5K from Kochi. It looked perfect install.
Old 5th April 2012, 16:38   #260
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the Front windsheild sunfilm CR-70 installed on my Liva last Sunday, it costed me Rs. 7,750/- from the 3M Car Care Center at the HSR Layout.

Installation pics

The film being cut.

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-windscreen-1.jpg

The film being brought to shape by heating.

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-windscreen-2.jpg

The film being applied from Inside.

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-windscreen-3.jpg

Wanted to update this thread as to how different a customer experience can get at two different outlets from the same brand. Let me narrate it.

My friend who recently bought a pre owned Wagon R wanted SP-35 sunfilm. He got hold of the 3M Car Care center of RMV from Just Dial and enquired about the SP-35 as I suggested him this as he was very tight with his budget. However, when he called 3M Car Care (RMV), they insisted that they sell the premier sunfilms and offered CS-35. My friend called me up to clarify if that is the case. I was shocked and I told him to accompany me to the HSR Layout 3M Car Care as I too had a not so good experience at the RMV branch.

Since I had to anyways come to HSR Layout 3M Car Care center from RT Nagar for the front windshield sunfilm, brought my friend (neighbour) along to get the SP series sunfilm installed. He finally got the SP-20 installed on the Wagon-R and was all grin because he got what he wanted with excellent service.

The two centers are poles apart in customer service. RMV branch tries to sell the products, while the HSR branch listens to customers needs and then offers/suggests what suits his needs. There is a significant difference in how Siddhu's team deals even with the enquiries.

As always the service from Siddhu's team was exemplary. For now, Siddhu will have another returning customer.

Last edited by nkrishnap : 5th April 2012 at 16:40.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2012, 11:11   #261
BHPian

A new 3M Car Care showroom has been opened in J P Nagar I Phase (24th main) near Raghavendra Swamy Math junction. Just an FYI. I have not visited the place, but plan to visit when time permits.
Bh.P is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2012, 08:57   #262
Senior - BHPian

Are they in to vinyl body stickering? I am thinking of going for a glossy black roof sticker for my Spark :-)

Last edited by Latheesh : 8th April 2012 at 09:10.
Old 8th April 2012, 09:15   #263
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Are they in to vinyl body stickering? I am thinking of going for a glossy black roof sticker for my Spark :-)
As far as I know, they are not into vinyl stickering. It is just exterior detailing, window tinting and underbody coating treatments.

Last edited by KarthikK : 8th April 2012 at 09:20.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2012, 12:22   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
As far as I know, they are not into vinyl stickering. It is just exterior detailing, window tinting and underbody coating treatments.

They have some body stickers. It is stored in the last row if you enter their office. Pretty big stickers. Almost in the range upto 1 mtr in length and almost 1 to 2 ft in height.
shishir_bn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2012, 22:12   #265
BHPian

I had been to this place last Saturday to get under-body coating for my swift. Thought of getting sun film from outside as i felt it as bit costly. went there at 10.30 and 2 cars were already in for under-body treatment. Got a time slot at 2 PM. Just watched the way how they are doing things carefully on cars. Went out and checked price for sun film at 2 places and they came out to be costlier than 3M. And no were i saw a covered place for work or well trained people who are doing things carefully as 3M. Went back to 3M for sun film also. Sun film work started soon. It was nice to see 3-4 people doing work so carefully unlike service center guys who treat cars roughly.
Meanwhile i got a chance to talk with sidhu on car care products and some business aspects. Didn't felt like a typical business man who tries to please you to sell some products. Really a friendly person who recommends right products for our cars. They did all work as per time schedule given and up to level of my satisfaction. Completely satisfied with the work. I would recommend this place for any car detailing or sun film. Some snaps of teh work
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc00153.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc00154.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc00155.jpg  

devil_klm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2012, 10:56   #266
BHPian

Got a Paint Protection along with Window Films done for my new car at 3M, HSR based on the very good reviews here and a recommendation of a good friend, a senior BHPian himself, and was not disappointed one bit!

I was very particular about getting a professional install done this time around since my other car (A 2010 Fiat Punto) had to go through a front windshield film replacement (Garware ICE COOL) due to a shoddy first time install at a local Koramangala accessory shop and in the process of replacing, they ended up scratching the windshield bad!

Everything about the 3M store @ HSR is very pleasant, Mr Sidhu and his team are very professional right from the first contact to your stay throughout! The store itself is big and the location is just about perfect, you've got to love HSR Layout for the oodles of road space it offers!

So, I originally had plans of getting only my window films done but since they had a general offer of 10% discount on the Paint Sealant treatment if opted for Window Films, I decided to get that done too! The work was carried out to perfection, no complaints!

For people like me who do not like to leave their cars behind and want to supervise/watch as it goes through each process in the makeover stage, they have adequate seating arrangements, even in the basement where it generally goes through a pressure & foam wash. Upstairs, they can accommodate 4 cars at a time in their dry bay. The air conditioned reception/waiting lounge is equipped with WIFI and has enough seating place with a table by the glass wall that opens into the dry bay area! I even managed to send out some work related reports while they were working on my car, glancing up at it every few minutes!!

Paint Protection: 2995/-, after discount: 2696/-
CR 70 FR Windshield: 7750/-
CS50 for sides & BK Windshield: 5250/-

Total Damages after VAT/Service tax rounded off to: 16000/-

Some WIP pictures, notice the 5th picture where they even cover the music system with a plastic so water doesn't spill onto it accidentally! Best part is they clean/vacuum the car once they are done with their job on it, total attention to detail really!!

I walked out a happy customer, will go back for future treatments/wash and I definitely will also recommend their services to my friends/family, thank you!!
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-image.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-image1.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-image2.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-image3.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-image4.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-image5.jpg  

Last edited by raamki : 12th April 2012 at 11:08. Reason: Typo
raamki is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th April 2012, 18:08   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
3M Mumbai guy told me that they are coming up with carbon fibre stickering in a few months and also car plastic wrap.
Old 13th April 2012, 19:33   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004

3M Mumbai guy told me that they are coming up with carbon fibre stickering in a few months and also car plastic wrap.
I have a few scratches on the door sill above the running board. Sidhu told me about stickers that can be used for sill protection.

Hope its here before monsoon. I am waiting
Old 14th April 2012, 18:10   #269
Team-BHP Support

Went yesterday to get a much needed wash and wax for the Figo. There was only one more car there getting films so was a quick affair. Foam wash completed after more than a month of no wash whatsoever, so you can imagine how filthy the car was. Requested Sidhu to pay a little more attention to the front since it looked like a massacre of insects after our Pawana drive.

I requested only for wax and not any exterior work as there were hardly any swirls. Sidhu was very surprised seeing the lack of swirls swirl especially since car has never been professionally detailed before.

End result, nice and shiny car that looks nowhere near 1year and 8months old in bangalore traffic. Seeing a nice shiny car really makes one feel good inside. :-) Usual good service and chit chat with Sidhu over coffee. :-)

Also saw that the entire product lineup has been changed. All services are named differently. A wash and wax was known as Power Shine earlier but now is known as UV protection. Powershine is now the exterior restoration sans the sealant which is like one below the top of the line package.

Only one thing that I found strange. The Figo is classified as a medium size car. Even cars like Ritz and Swift are medium. Did not understand this. Ideally hatchbacks should have been small and all midsizers like Etios, City, Vento, Rapid, Verna should be medium. Large should be Altis, Civic onwards and maybe they should have one for premium cars.

Right now it looks like Etios is a large car and so is a BMW and Audi. That's a bit unfair IMO.

This alone will make the packages a little more affordable. Majority of the customers are probably hatch owners or mid size C segment sedan owners. If the classification was changed and a Figo was a small car then the rates would be worth more frequent visits.

Right now paying 1000 bucks for a wash and wax is a little pricy for a small Figo. If it were under small category I would definitely be visiting more often as it would be couple of hundreds lesser. Some feedback for 3M corporate as pricing and category is decided by them and not the outlet per se.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 14th April 2012 at 18:12.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2012, 12:06   #270
Senior - BHPian

I had a new clear visor for my LS2 helmet .Wanted to install a sunfilm to that .Visited 3M if they can install it .But they bluntly said they cannot do anything apart from cars .
Well it could have taken hardly 30 minutes for them do that or least thing they could have done is at least tried it . Well I wanted to take my car to them ,I have to look some where else now.The attitude was totally negative . Well bikers are always treated like this .If I had pulled on with a BMW ,their approach would have been totally different.

Last edited by black12rr : 18th April 2012 at 12:08.

Most Viewed