Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2012, 14:05   #316
Senior - BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
This monday, I was there at 3M and Sidhu and boys were as cordial as ever. I requested for CR70 for my car and they politely requested me to wait for some more time.
Why did they ask you wait? Is there any update for the sun filming ban?
Old 24th September 2012, 16:10   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick

Why did they ask you wait? Is there any update for the sun filming ban?
They told me there is stricter enforcing now, with random checks. This was confirmed by a colleague whose i20 was fined and sunfilm ripped.

In fact, they suggested to go with RE70 instead of CR70 as the cost of RE will be <5k, and CR is 16k, so if at all they rip the film off, my loss is limited to 5k. I am considering this :-)
Old 24th September 2012, 16:38   #318
BHPian

Quote:
In fact, they suggested to go with RE70 instead of CR70 as the cost of RE will be <5k, and CR is 16k, so if at all they rip the film off, my loss is limited to 5k. I am considering this :-)
Its a risk taking a chance. Police have been empowered to book the offenders on contempt of court charges too, which might involve jail time. Please consider all eventualities before taking a decision.
zoombiee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2012, 17:21   #319
BHPian

Wow, so many good words about this place. Will have to check it out for sure. Just moved to Bangalore and had driven down, fully loaded including a 10 month old baby. So you can imagine what the interiors would be like. Exterior no better as we went through numerous butterfly rabble.

But before that need to get the tints off . They are not this strict in Hyderabad.

MaSh
Old 24th September 2012, 17:24   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash
Wow, so many good words about this place. Will have to check it out for sure. Just moved to Bangalore and had driven down, fully loaded including a 10 month old baby. So you can imagine what the interiors would be like. Exterior no better as we went through numerous butterfly rabble.

But before that need to get the tints off . They are not this strict in Hyderabad.

MaSh
Welcome to Bangalore :-)

If the current tints are 3M, you can get them removed at 3M car care itself. They dont attend to other brand films though.
autocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2012, 17:36   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Welcome to Bangalore :-)

If the current tints are 3M, you can get them removed at 3M car care itself. They dont attend to other brand films though.
Thank You. I doubt they are 3M. Will find a place closer to home before driving to HSR. Any suggestions for removing tints in Marathahalli?
Old 24th September 2012, 20:15   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
Thank You. I doubt they are 3M. Will find a place closer to home before driving to HSR. Any suggestions for removing tints in Marathahalli?
You have Favara Car Accessories near Kundalahalli Gate, its the signal that you get after coming down the flyover when going towards whitefield.

@autocrat: I think its better to go plain glass than put RE as that one tends to be more reflective than CR. Plus i dont think the RE 70 will give as much heat reduction as CR70.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2012, 21:31   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They do. I got my non-3M tints removed from them, so did a friend. They charge ~450.
Old 4th October 2012, 10:45   #324
Senior - BHPian

Got the interior essential treatment done yesterday as it was due long time after recent few highway trips. The interiors are back to being new and all foul smell is gone, great work done by the team there despite a sudden rush.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2012, 22:24   #325
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally found time to update this thread for the great work done by Siddu's team for the Linea.

Things that were done on the car.
  1. Underbody coating - 5 year
  2. Paint Sealant
  3. Engine Lacquer
The photologue of the things done on the car.

The car getting washed first.

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_8171.jpg

Foam applied to the car

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_8184.jpg

The cash washed with water and wiped. Now the being readied for underbody coating

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_8206.jpg

After the underbody Coating

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_8211.jpg

A random with the lights under the body checking for proper application of the underbody coating

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_8215.jpg

The car undergoing the paint sealant treatment.

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_8221.jpg

After the sealant work.

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_8241.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_8249.jpg

Then decided on the Engine Lacquer coating. So took the car back to get this done.

Air blown to clear out water/moisture if any.

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_8860.jpg

The engine bay ready for Lacquer coating

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_8861.jpg

Lacquer coating been done

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_8862.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_8866.jpg

The engine bay after Lacquer coating

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_8878.jpg

Linea and its sibling (my cousin's car) together

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_8871.jpg

As always, the service offered is fantastic. How I wish Siddu opens up a branch in North Bangalore.

By the way will I go back to Siddu's Shop for my car or recommend somebody to his shop - A resounding HELL YEAH!!!

PS: I will still go to Siddu's shop even if they move brands, that's the sort of service his boys provide.

Last edited by nkrishnap : 4th October 2012 at 22:26.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2012, 15:44   #326
BHPian

I had taken my brand new Liva (white) for a Paint Sealant & Underbody (with 5 year service & warranty) on the very next day after delivery (25th Sep 2012). My Experience with them so far:

About Sidhu:
* Very very friendly guy, willing to listen patiently to what exactly your requirements are & strive to ensure customer satisfaction.
* A juice / coffee seems to be almost guaranteed to TBHPians at least (as far as I have seen in my couple of visits now; nice gesture.
* Ensures that the best outcome happens (in all stages including pre-work, work & post-work).
* He tries to personally drive each car from the wash-area to their 1st floor where the Sealant job gets done. This must be to ensure no mis-handling is done during these short-transits. Nice gesture again!
* He has a blue Nissan Sunny and a grayish Fluidic Verna. He proudly claims to have sticker-ed TBHPs on them even before getting his official number-plates done. He truly loves this Forum.
* He is awaiting for his wife's delivery shortly. Wish him and his wife lots of prayers and good luck!!

About the work:
* I took a package of Paint Sealant + Underbody coating with 5 years warranty. Costed me a total of 6955 INR.
* I had a couple of yellow dots (result of our Pooja the previous night during car delivery). Turmeric stains were difficult to be removed, Siddu's team did their best to get it removed.
* Since mine was a new car, couldn't actually make out a huge difference on the paint Sealant coating. I am sure the results would be much better for a comparatively used car.
* Under-body coating was neatly done. They insisted me to take a look at it once completed - Good job guys!
* They give enough tips and tricks to the owners (like usage of dusters, wash frequency, micro-fiber cloth advantages, etc...). This has a dual advantage: 1. Car is maintained well to the max and 2. When the car is taken back to them for a regular maintenance, their work is reasonably reduced too
* Sure-shot to meet some fellow BHPians there - it is an "untold hotspot".

A short comparison:
There are guys who regularly leave their cars for a wash every fortnight (440 per wash = 880 per month). Worth I guess, as my car-wash chap takes 700 per month for a daily maintenance (wipe / dust - depending on rains) + weekend shampoo wash + waxing. When I compare both these expenses, 3M - though some 200 extra - is definitely a better take as it is done professionally. This might suit for those cars that are parked fully under cover (unlike mine that is parked on street). I plan to bring my Liva to them once in 2 months at least.

Sorry, no pictures taken during this job. Will be visiting them again in the next weeks for some exterior maintenance & shall take some pictures then.

Overall inference:
Good place for maintaining your car, these guys are knowledgeable and understand what you want. They can definitely keep your miles more clean and shiny --> 3M fixed prices might sound slightly pricey though (especially with no discounts being offered).

Cheers!!
M

Last edited by GTO : 15th October 2012 at 14:15. Reason: STRICTLY no talk of Team-BHP discounts. We do NOT permit any discussion on the same
Mister_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2012, 16:58   #327
BHPian

Superclean interiors every time :-)
Attached Images

autocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2012, 22:55   #328
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

MODS:Not sure if this is , could not find any other appropriate thread. Please feel free to move.

Saw this couple of days ago - there's a new 3M Car Care center coming up on 100 feet Road Indiranagar (closer to the Old Madras Road side). As soon as you turn onto 100 feet Road from Old Madras Road you will find it on the left side at the first junction. This will be good for folks on the eastern side of the city
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2012, 22:50   #329
BHPian

Can someone provide approximate current rates for their services ?
Old 23rd October 2012, 00:13   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak
Can someone provide approximate current rates for their services ?
Not sure for what kind of service you are looking for the rates,as they vary depending on the kind of options you choose .Will suggest you call them/siddu directly and then take a call.

Hope it helps
Cheers

Most Viewed