Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2012, 22:29   #346
BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
A CF wrap treatment for the Manza's ears, looks hot. Plus a neat work done.
Can you share the cost details please?
Old 16th November 2012, 22:47   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishie

Can you share the cost details please?
Its 1000 bucks for the Manza ovrm but may differ for others based on the amount of CF required.
motomaverick is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2012, 05:23   #348
BHPian

Now I am wondering if I should go with CF or PPF for my orvm Yesterday rubbed mirrors with an oncoming cab in a narrow gully :-/
Old 25th November 2012, 13:13   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
Now I am wondering if I should go with CF or PPF for my orvm Yesterday rubbed mirrors with an oncoming cab in a narrow gully :-/
If the scratch is ir-reparable, go in for CF, else go in for the PPF. I'm not too sure how CF would look on a Maroon colored vehicle.

Last edited by speed kills : 25th November 2012 at 13:23.
Old 25th November 2012, 19:13   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
I think for a price as high as Rs. 1k, one can get the ORVM covers repainted. A sticker shop fellow quoted the price of the CF vinyl at Rs 50/sft. Thats more of a justifiable amount. It would cost you you around 200 max for wrapping the ORVM. He told me that the CF vinyl is available in three colours, white, black and I think blue(not sure). He is willing to give the sheet as well as doing the install.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2012, 21:49   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed kills
If the scratch is ir-reparable, go in for CF, else go in for the PPF. I'm not too sure how CF would look on a Maroon colored vehicle.
The scratch can be seen if viewed carefully. Paint is not totally gone.. may be polishing will help.

Indeed - thinking of ppf on the mirror cowls.
Old 25th November 2012, 21:52   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic

I think for a price as high as Rs. 1k, one can get the ORVM covers repainted. A sticker shop fellow quoted the price of the CF vinyl at Rs 50/sft. Thats more of a justifiable amount. It would cost you you around 200 max for wrapping the ORVM. He told me that the CF vinyl is available in three colours, white, black and I think blue(not sure). He is willing to give the sheet as well as doing the install.
These are expensive but these are not vinyl stickers with cf finish, its actual carbon fiber with the woven texture.. It looks super on B pillars. I
Old 25th November 2012, 21:58   #353
Distinguished - BHPian

I am referring to this one:
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m.jpg
Image source: http://nextmod.com/webstore/images/detailed/3M.jpg
This one is what he was selling. It had the same woven texture as what I had seen in 3M car care when I was there recently.
Old 25th November 2012, 23:02   #354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
How was it arrived that Rs. 50 sq. ft is justifiable, just because it is cheap? The there are so many wraps in the market which looks very similar or sometimes same like the 3M carbon fiber wrap, does it mean they are original. Please check the electrostatic nature/capacity of the carbon fiber wrap, then the differential in cost would be justifiable. As far as I know 3M carbon fiber wrap cost price itself is way higher than Rs. 50 per Sq Ft, not sure if they sellers outside are actually giving a genuine 3M stuff, I am not too sure, if he is giving the 3M carbon fiber at Rs. 50/- per Sq ft, if yes, then I would love to buy a few rolls and then resell it to make a few quick bucks .

There are too many fakes in the market, may be the fake ones are going cheaper .

I would pay more and get a genuine thing on the car. Moreover, I trust Sidhu for his service which reinforces the trust on the material, whether it is from 3M or some other brand.

PS: This is my personal opinion. Any one can feel free to go ahead with the carbon fiber at Rs. 50 per sq ft or even lesser.

By the way audioholic, were you at the 3M HSR center today? If yes, which car was yours?
Old 26th November 2012, 10:30   #355
Distinguished - BHPian

I am not telling that the ones that are available locally are as good as 3m or that they are genuine 3m ones. I had gone a couple of months back for underbody coating as well as paint sealant for my wagonR. That time, upon enquiry, the cost of the sheets were starting from Rs. 180 odd/sft. Have no issues with that. However, when an alternative is available for very less than that, how bad can it be? Thats my question. It is well known that 3M NI-DOC is globally recognised and used. But I suggested this as an alternate.

I went to this shop to get my dios number plates stickered, thats when he showed me. I might get the sheet and do a DIY to cover the foot rest of the vehicle. If things go right, I will continue using it, but if I feel its not good enough or if it leaves any glue or so i will just get a new foot rest, as its cost is as cheap as the vinyl itself
Old 26th November 2012, 10:35   #356
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I am not telling that the ones that are available locally are as good as 3m or that they are genuine 3m ones. I had gone a couple of months back for underbody coating as well as paint sealant for my wagonR. That time, upon enquiry, the cost of the sheets were starting from Rs. 180 odd/sft. Have no issues with that. However, when an alternative is available for very less than that, how bad can it be? Thats my question. It is well known that 3M NI-DOC is globally recognised and used. But I suggested this as an alternate.

I went to this shop to get my dios number plates stickered, thats when he showed me. I might get the sheet and do a DIY to cover the foot rest of the vehicle. If things go right, I will continue using it, but if I feel its not good enough or if it leaves any glue or so i will just get a new foot rest, as its cost is as cheap as the vinyl itself
Do give it a try.

But the interaction I had with the 3M guy, the carbon fiber from 3M does hold electrostatic charge giving it a distinct advantage over the regular vinyl or whatever stickers.

For now, I would stick to what is offered at the 3M Store.
Old 26th November 2012, 21:30   #357
Distinguished - BHPian

The car had got dirty and there was lost of dust and grime on the car. So decided get the car washed and waxed from 3M Car Care in HSR Layout. The total cost was (895+12.36% ST) = INR 1,006/-

A few pictures. Excuse me for the quality of pics, these were taken from mobile camera

The car ready for the wash

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-1.jpg

High pressure water sprayed to the Wheel wheels to blast away the dirt.

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-2.jpg

The car rinsed with the foam

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-4.jpg

The video of the washing process

The car back on top after the wiping ready for waxing.

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-5.jpg

The waxing begins

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-9.jpg

After effects of waxing

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-8.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-10.jpg

The interiors where vacuumed and cleaned too

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-6.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-7.jpg

End Result

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-11.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-12.jpg

I am grateful to the boys at 3M for helping me keep my car looking as good as new.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2012, 20:52   #358
Senior - BHPian

What started as a casual interior clean today developed into a AMC for a year long detailing on my Baleno today. Been to Sidhu's place yesterday and had a casual chat with him on my ride and my requirements. This morning, took my ride and Aravind started his suggestions and explanations on the various jobs he had in store that paved way to the AMC. A really nice place and my 5 year ride has sprang up to a new life.
The damage done 17.8K INR.
What is in store for me in the next 12 months
6 car washes
2 interior and exterior detailing which includes wash, sealant treatment, claying, interior cleaning and HVAC vent cleaning.
1 same as above without the HVAC treatment.
Do I recommend this place? Of course a big Yes.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2012, 21:24   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
What started as a casual interior clean today developed into a AMC for a year long detailing on my Baleno today. Been to Sidhu's place yesterday and had a casual chat with him on my ride and my requirements. This morning, took my ride and Aravind started his suggestions and explanations on the various jobs he had in store that paved way to the AMC. A really nice place and my 5 year ride has sprang up to a new life.
The damage done 17.8K INR.
What is in store for me in the next 12 months
6 car washes
2 interior and exterior detailing which includes wash, sealant treatment, claying, interior cleaning and HVAC vent cleaning.
1 same as above without the HVAC treatment.
Do I recommend this place? Of course a big Yes.
Can you post a few pictures.
P.S: Dont you think 17.8K is a little expensive ? I know its 3M but still.
Old 29th November 2012, 21:39   #360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Can you post a few pictures.
P.S: Dont you think 17.8K is a little expensive ? I know its 3M but still.
I guess the AMC he talking about is the annual package which will take care of all the charges for the annual maintenance which I guess includes monthly or quarterly polishing, washes, etc

By the way what all is included in the package. Need more details on this.

Most Viewed