Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2012, 19:07   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Can you post a few pictures.
P.S: Dont you think 17.8K is a little expensive ? I know its 3M but still.
The following is included in the package
Month 0: Power shine + Germkleen plus
Month 4 : Power shine
Month 6 : Germkleen
Month 8 : Paint sealant advanced
Month 12 : Germkleen plus.

And what it means
Power shine:
1. Vacuuming of interiors
2. Exterior body wash, clay wiping and tar removal
3. Surface preparation with 3M 2000 grit technology
4. 3000 Rubbing compound
5. Polishing for swirl mark removal
6. 3M paste wax application for protection
7. Bumper and tire dressing
8. Glass cleaning
Germkleen plus:
1. Complete interior cleaning including seats, roof, floor and side panels using 3M special anti bacterial formulation
2. Dashboard dressing
3. Cleaning and dressing of interior plastic parts using anti bacterial formulation
4. AC duct cleaning to eliminate foul smell from the vent and restore effective cooling
5. 5 point check of engine belt, wiper blade, door hinges, battery terminal and window channel.
Germkleen
1. Complete interior cleaning including seats, roof, floor and side panels using 3M special anti bacterial formulation
2. Dashboard dressing
3. Cleaning and dressing of interior plastic parts using anti bacterial formulation
4. Glass cleaning
5. 3M anti bacterial treatment to eliminate 99% bacteria.
Paint sealant advanced
1. Exterior clay wiping for removing grease, swirl marks, sticky dirt, tar marks
2. Surface preparation with 3M 2000 grit technology
3. Exterior compounding
4. Exterior polishing
5. 3M paint sealant application
6. Bumper dressing
7. Tire dressing
8. Glass cleaning
9. Dry vacuuming
And 6 complete car wash in a year.
Since my ride is white, it does not show up in the pictures, it needs to be seen from a close range and felt to see any differences. The interior was slightly wet yesterday when I picked up my car. I will try to post some pictures on Sunday as I am tied up with my work on weekdays.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2012, 19:21   #362
Senior - BHPian

I have two issues with this place (3M HSR layout):

1. Their wash area is dirty! And they clean floor mats there. What I observed was after washing the car, they started working on cleaning the interiors. The guy removed my mats and put them on the really dirty floor! He did clean them but I was not happy to see that.

2. The microfiber they use to wipe the car after wash is not always clean. Would it not cause fine scratches/swirls?

But the people are so good I still end up there (3 visits already this year with 2 different cars). In comparison the Marathalli 3M looks much more cleaner. But I am yet to experience their services.

Last edited by joslicx : 30th November 2012 at 19:26.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2012, 21:27   #363
rbp
BHPian

My i20 had completed 3 years and badly needed some exterior treatment, my car had a lot of scratches all around and every time I washed the car I ended up adding more and more scratches, who better than Sidhu and his car care center to add sparkle to the car. I had read a lot of good reviews here and decided to go there. I opted for the Paint Sealant Advanced and also put on the black mat to the car. At the end of the day I was surprised to see some of the big scratches gone down to barely visible state. I am reminded of my car when it was just out of showroom. I am one happy customer and plan to keep visiting again and again.

Met a lot of T-Bhpians and had a great time. A special thanks to Sidhu, what a guy, no wonder people recommend you so much over here.
rbp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2012, 23:04   #364
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I have two issues with this place (3M HSR layout):

1. Their wash area is dirty! And they clean floor mats there. What I observed was after washing the car, they started working on cleaning the interiors. The guy removed my mats and put them on the really dirty floor! He did clean them but I was not happy to see that.
The wash area is more or less dirty when the cars which are dirty are cleaned. As far as I have seen they clean the mats near the compressor which is very much away from the wash area. Not sure what the reason for causing unhappiness.

Quote:
2. The microfiber they use to wipe the car after wash is not always clean. Would it not cause fine scratches/swirls?
The microfibers might look dirty, but I have personally seem them clean it with the high pressure water to ensure the dirt is blasted out. If this was the case, I would never have been to this center these many times.

Quote:
But the people are so good I still end up there (3 visits already this year with 2 different cars). In comparison the Marathalli 3M looks much more cleaner. But I am yet to experience their services.
The place is more than acceptable to me (read as only me, not compelling any others to go by my words, but I stand by my words). The Marathalli center might look clean, but what about workmanship. Until Sidhu stops accommodating me, I don't wish to try any other center.
Old 2nd December 2012, 12:58   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
The wash area is more or less dirty when the cars which are dirty are cleaned. As far as I have seen they clean the mats near the compressor which is very much away from the wash area. Not sure what the reason for causing unhappiness.
As I have written, the reason was them cleaning the mats on a dirty floor. At least that day the floor was very dirty (or dusty you can say) and they cleaning guy put the mats on the floor. Now I have 3D Kagu Maxspider mats that have the velcro lining at bottom and that would have caught some dust at least. OK he cleaned it later but still it is something i didnt like.

Quote:
The microfibers might look dirty, but I have personally seem them clean it with the high pressure water to ensure the dirt is blasted out. If this was the case, I would never have been to this center these many times.
Is high pressure wash enough? Can there still be grease particles left on the microfiber even after washing that can harm the paint on your car? These are some questions I still have.

Remember this is a place that charges you premium prices. 1000 rupess for washing and waxing only. I like the place and the people there but I wish they would keep it cleaner like the other 3m outlets.
joslicx is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2012, 18:45   #366
BHPian

I had taken my 3 week old I-20 there a couple of months back! Had gone for that paint treatment and the engine lacquer thingee! Unfortunately, Sidhu was not there, but honestly, I was not very satisfied as there were some places on the hood that were not polished properly.
However, keeping in mind the good repute that he has, I am willing to give him another shot, this time, will take both my cars, the I-20 and the Ohc vtec! Will report with pictures..
Cheers
Shrey
ssjr0498 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2012, 20:41   #367
BHPian

Though 3M charges some premium compared to other such outlets, there is no comparison on the quality of work & finishing. I am planning to take my Maroon 2008 VERNA SX ABS for interior and exterior cleansing + polishing. There is one 3M outlet in JP Nagar (near Madhus tyre care). Pls let me know whether the guys in JP Nagar outlet are as good as HSR layout team.

Last edited by hummer : 2nd December 2012 at 20:42.
Old 3rd December 2012, 19:43   #368
BHPian

I have read very good reviews about HSR 3M. But I am not yet fortunate to experince their services. I drive to bangalore once in every two months and went to 3M car care three times in last six months. But all the three times either they are busy ( wait for 2-3 hours)or mentioned that they do not do work like foam wash on fridays, saturdays and sundays and ask me to come back on week days. Since my stay in bangalore is only for few days i do not have the luxury to devote an entire day only for 3M. Hope i will be able to get my car treated at 3M in future.
Old 4th December 2012, 09:10   #369
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the center dash area covered in 3M Carbon Fiber Vinyl by Siddu. It was a bit roughed up and needed some touchup so thought of covering with the 3M vinyl. Had taken out the center facia and given to Siddu for doing the vinly job.

Siddu did a good enough job, considering the number of curves, bends etc it has. Couldn't do it on one sheet so had to be done using multiple cuts. However the final result is a lot better than what it used to look earlier.

Thinking of where else to put this carbon vinyl now

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-20121203_152902.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-20121203_152706.jpg
khan_sultan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th December 2012, 11:56   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
But all the three times either they are busy ( wait for 2-3 hours)or mentioned that they do not do work like foam wash on fridays, saturdays and sundays and ask me to come back on week days. Since my stay in bangalore is only for few days i do not have the luxury to devote an entire day only for 3M. Hope i will be able to get my car treated at 3M in future.
You can call them a day in advance and fix the appointment. They sometimes allow a foam wash on weekends if you go early in the morning as there are not many cars at that time.
Old 8th December 2012, 22:35   #371
Senior - BHPian

The factory fit vinyl film on the B pillars of my car were now cracking and peeling off, after almost 4 years of ownership. Instead of going for vinyl from a local stickering shop or Reliance Autozone, i chose to go to my trusted car care solution, 3M at HSR.

Got carbon fiber vinyl on the B pillars and as always with the shop, very happy with the workmanship and the outcome. The carbon fiber vinyl is sold based on per sq.ft rate, for anyone interested about how it's sold [which is already well documented here, I'm guessing].

Attaching some pics of prior to the change job and after..

Factory fit regular black vinyl

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-11img_3895.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-11img_3897.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-11img_3899.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-11img_3902001.jpg

With 3M Carbon fiber vinyl on the B-pillars

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-11img_3906.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-11img_3908.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-11img_3909.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-11img_3911.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-11img_3913.jpg

Either Sidhu [the owner] is very passionate of this material or is just plan crazy . He's got CF on his mobile phone's rear cover too.

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-11img_3914.jpg

Last edited by k_ajay : 8th December 2012 at 22:36.
k_ajay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2012, 15:34   #372
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
The scratch can be seen if viewed carefully. Paint is not totally gone.. may be polishing will help.

Indeed - thinking of ppf on the mirror cowls.
autocrat, I suggest you go for CF vinyls on the mirror instead of PPF. I got PPF on the Punto's ORVMs. While I am guaranteed protection from scratches, what is not good is the shape of the Punto/Linea mirrors. They are too, too curved and the PPF is peeling off in a few places because it was stretched into too much curvature with creases. An alternative is to cut the PPF into strips and stick each one separately on the mirror, but that will show up as lines.

I was warned about this by Sidhu when I was getting it fitted, and it has actually come true. Do consider this point if you are thinking of PPF for ORVMs.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2012, 23:50   #373
BHPian

Visited 3M Car Care at HSR Layout today. Got paint sealant treatment done for my Vento. I found this place to be a professionally run organization.

Firstly, Mr. Sidhu is a very friendly person who comes across as someone who is genuine and takes keen interest in meeting customer requirements. He personally monitors the work and also ensures that cars are moved out of work area safely. He listens intently and readily goes that extra mile to help the customer and address their needs. He also has a great team. Mr. Pradeep and other members of the team also look committed and have a positive approach and attitude.

I am happy with the work they did on my car. Having been through a really bad delivery experience with the dealer delivering my car straight from stock yard after a shoddy wiping job, I now see my month-old car truly gleaming for the first time.

Overall, it was a positive experience. Would have no hesitation in recommending this place. I myself would go back soon to get my 12-year old Ikon back in shape.

Last edited by pc73 : 11th December 2012 at 23:52.
pc73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2012, 19:02   #374
BHPian

Visited 3M Car Care @ HSR today for interior cleaning of my 2008 Verna. Smoky roof, stained dashboard/doors, seats with water/pepsi/sweat marks etc are no more visible and no smell.

Car is glowing inside, I really liked the professional handling and execution of the job. You will get a feeling the entire team is working only on your car.

I was pleased with their customer interaction and services. Sidhu and team are very friendly, you don’t have to hesitate for pointing out very minor stains here and there, it will be attended with priority and smile. I will go back for an exterior treatment in few months. I will surely recommend this. Keep up the good work Sidhu and team.

Last edited by hummer : 12th December 2012 at 19:04.
hummer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2012, 19:25   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Got carbon fiber vinyl on the B pillars and as always with the shop, very happy with the workmanship and the outcome.
All is well if you are happy with the job.
Sorry to nit-pick, but the right way to do this (since 3M car care folks would have definitely charged you higher than any regular sticker guy) would have been to remove the beadings and then, apply the stickers, so that it covers up the whole area neatly.
Not like how it looks out right now.
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-11img_3908.jpg  

Last edited by jeeva : 12th December 2012 at 19:32.
jeeva is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks