Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2012, 22:49   #376
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

^^They could have tucked it in at least, if not remove the beadings and weatherstrip. It would have blended in better than what it does now. I have to say, I have nothing against those guys, and I avail their services. But something like this will not be personally accepted by me.

Last edited by audioholic : 12th December 2012 at 22:55.
Old 13th December 2012, 10:46   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Not sure what the reason for causing unhappiness.
The reason for unhappiness is dropping the car mats on a dirty floor. That is just making it more dirty even though it is vacuumed. The underside of the floor mats which are not cleaned is what comes into contact with the interior floor carpet. I would not be happy myself if I saw/experienced this taking place. Dropping the floor mats on a dirty floor is not something I would like to see at a place that is generally known to be very good in their work practices. I would bring this to the notice of Sidhu.
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 16:15   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
All is well if you are happy with the job.
Sorry to nit-pick, but the right way to do this (since 3M car care folks would have definitely charged you higher than any regular sticker guy) would have been to remove the beadings and then, apply the stickers, so that it covers up the whole area neatly.
Not like how it looks out right now.
No problem with the nit-picking. Of course I'm happy with the job. Their quality of work is 99% and that works for me, they'd also tucked in the extra vinyl they'd left for the rubber beading end and pushed them under the beading on most sides [I saw them do it].

But, show me a guy doing vinyl who'll charge the same as 3M, use the same material, also remove the rubber beadings & put them back the same way, professionally.
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 19:55   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
they'd also tucked in the extra vinyl they'd left for the rubber beading end and pushed them under the beading on most sides [I saw them do it].
OK. But well, the pictures you posted says otherwise, and I drew conclusions based on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
But, show me a guy doing vinyl who'll charge the same as 3M, use the same material, also remove the rubber beadings & put them back the same way, professionally.
Well, as I said earlier, if you are happy with the way it looks, that's all that really matters. I have used 3M car care's (HSR Layout) services on two occasions, and I too have been a happy customer.

I can't comment about the quality of the material, but which, one can safely assume to the best at 3M, but in this case, all I am saying is that the workmanship could be have been definitely better. The charges again, is anybody's guess.
If you are serious about finding someone good at it, I can for sure, give you some references, and yes, removing off the beadings and cleaning the area behind them thoroughly before applying any sticker is very the much normal practise. This also ensures that the material sticks properly at the edges and also can be heated if required. If not, chances are that, they may peel off or roll-back in the due course, like your original stickers did.

And all this for a simple sticker job!

Last edited by jeeva : 13th December 2012 at 20:00.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2012, 18:38   #380
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the carbon fiber wrap done on the ORVMs. This is my experiment to see if it helps to keep the wind noise down especially from the left OVRM.

Right ORVM

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-cr-right.jpg

Left ORVM

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-cf-left.jpg

Yet to hit the highway speeds to check how much the wrap will help.
nkrishnap is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th December 2012, 18:56   #381
BHPian

After my Zen now it was time for my OHC to get pampered and i ll let the pics speak post the Paint sealant treatment !!

As always Sidhu and staff are always there to help me and do their best.
Note: this treatment was done almost 1.5 months ago and i am updating this now
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-photo.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-image.jpeg  

chethan25 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2012, 15:10   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Got the carbon fiber wrap done on the ORVMs. This is my experiment to see if it helps to keep the wind noise down especially from the left OVRM.

Right ORVM

Attachment 1028272

Left ORVM

Attachment 1028273

Yet to hit the highway speeds to check how much the wrap will help.
Hi Krishna sir,

Nice CF wraps there. When did you get the FIAT logos on the doors? They weren't there when I last saw it. OEM accessory?

Last edited by srinath34 : 18th December 2012 at 15:10. Reason: Punctuation
Old 18th December 2012, 15:26   #383
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post

Hi Krishna sir,

Nice CF wraps there. When did you get the FIAT logos on the doors? They weren't there when I last saw it. OEM accessory?
This is not OEM accessory. These were stuck duting the factory visit last week.
Old 21st December 2012, 08:57   #384
Senior - BHPian

See Vandalism thread for the excellent work done by 3M team. Thanks to Siddu, Aravind and their team

Spark - Before
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2994727

Spark - After
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...dalism-42.html

Also met TBHPian motomaverick

Last edited by Latheesh : 21st December 2012 at 09:05.
Latheesh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2012, 12:33   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
See Vandalism thread for the excellent work done by 3M team. Thanks to Siddu, Aravind and their team

Spark - Before
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2994727

Spark - After
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...dalism-42.html

Also met TBHPian motomaverick
Wow that's amazing. Seeing the results I have some hope for my 2005 model Esteem which has gone through the turmoils of Indian Traffic. Was planning to get it painted. But now thinking of first trying out this place. Hope it works out, as some there one full length scratch made by a key.

MaSh

Last edited by mashmash : 21st December 2012 at 12:37.
Old 27th December 2012, 08:52   #386
Team-BHP Support

Long list of updates overdue from my side for the services used at 3M car care (HSR layout) from Sidhu and his boys, for both my cars. Firstly, the Linea has got the 3M Paint sealant treatment done in August, part of my annual sealant coat renewal. Here are the stage-wise pictures of the Linea's sealant treatment :

The Jet arriving at 3M and awaiting its turn
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0072.jpg

Getting ready for the foam wash
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0080.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0086.jpg

Elaborate wash and removing the stubborn dirt
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0089.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0090.jpg

Last year I had used some non-microfibre cloth for a while (a big blunder), which had caused some swirl marks like these
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0095.jpg

and these
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0094.jpg

and these
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0100.jpg

With Sidhu's team, minor scratches are no worry at all, thanks to the incredible work done here. The white patches were due to the rubbing solution.
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0107.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0109.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0108.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0110.jpg

After the paint sealant treatment, this is how it looked. It was dusk when I left the place, so I couldn't get decent shots to do justice to the work that they did. I'll post pictures as soon as I am able to do a decent photoshoot.
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0111.jpg

Over to the Punto now. As expected, I headed here immediately on the weekend post-taking delivery of the Sport hatch. I went for the Paint sealant protection programme for the Punto Sport. Here are some pictures from the Punto's detailing session :

Arriving at the 3M centre
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0184.jpg

The foam wash
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0198.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0211.jpg

Allowing the Punto to dry up, with a more elaborate vacuuming and cleaning session
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0215.jpg

This was followed by a machine polish and paint sealant treatment application. There was no rubbing/sanding required since the car is new and there were no scratches
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0219.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0220.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0222.jpg

Unlike other customers going for carbon fibre wraps, I got Paint protection film (PPF) for the ORVMs. I now have assured protection against rash bikers hitting their handle bars against my mirrors in traffic
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0226.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0228.jpg

This is how it looks after the application was over.
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0236.jpg

After the paint sealant treatment was over, the Punto was parked outside the place for a small photoshoot
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0243.jpg

Car detailing at its very best - 3M car care HSR layout! Thank you guys!
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0245.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0246.jpg

My Punto with my friend's red Palio 1.6, both got detailed together.
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0263.jpg

This past weekend, I went for 3M's Nomad foot mats. I opted for black color mats, and they measured and fitted the mats to the size of my Punto's footwell. As usual, the job done was fantastic and I am extremely happy with the way the footmats are taking the abuse of dirt in my usage. Some pictures of the foot mat installation :

Measuring and cutting the foot mats for the Punto's footwell
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0600.jpg

The front footwell with 3M Nomad mats (black). Perfect fit and finish!
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0604.jpg

The rear footwell
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0605.jpg

I've been going almost every weekend for regular washes. These guys do such a good job, that I've almost given up washing my car nowadays. When I need to wash, I go to 3M. For dry dust, I use the duster. Continue the good job guys, I know you will! Thanks a ton to Sidhu, Pradeep, Arvind and all the boys at 3M!

Last edited by KarthikK : 27th December 2012 at 08:53.
KarthikK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th December 2012, 10:59   #387
BHPian

Went to the HSR 3M center yesterday with my ~8 yr old Ikon. This is the first time I am going for a exterior detailing and Sidhu & team did a good work. My car now looks like a new one. I opted for the exterior cleaning+polishing which comes for 3500. This is bit high , but the attention to the detail and quality of the work is on the higher side.

What I like:-

Car is driven with utmost care while bringing it from basement to the bay where they do the polishing.
Sidhu/Arvind goes around and supervises the work.
Friendly attitude and willing to hear from the customers.
A right attitude to be in the services industry.

Will take my car for interior cleaning shortly.

Regards,
Gopi

Last edited by shalini_g : 29th December 2012 at 11:01.
shalini_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2012, 23:31   #388
BANNED

After the bumper replacement and some other maintenance work on my i20, decided to head for a polishing as the car was looking dull compared to the bumper.

Done a search here and decided to go to HSR Layout outlet. A friend of mine who accompanied me told me that there is an outlet operational in Indira Nagar too. even though reviews were not showing good , we still decided to drop in there.

The atmosphere and the approach was not proper so decided to skip from there after taking a quick demo. Then we headed straight to HSR.

We first met Aravind and he explained it properly and i decided to go for 3M Paint Sealant Program. Then we have been introduced to Siddu. As we were talking, Siddu introduced 2 more fellow BHP'ians to me.

What i liked here the way Siddu, Aravind and their team taken care of my car. The approach and workmanship is great, I really felt home here.

As the work progressing, my friend decided to get his car done too. Siddu offered his car and driver to pick up my friends car which was in Indira Nagar. Both the cars looked factory fresh after the job done. Kudos to the team.

We headed back to home with great satisfaction.

The next day one of our friend saw my car and asked me what i have done to my car . He was asking whether i have repainted the car fully after seeing the finish.

Spoke to Siddu and taken an appointment for friends 2 cars (XUV5OO and Laura). They have done a fantastic job to these cars too as expected. My friend who normally doesn't find time to drop his car for service by himself spent the entire day just to see how the work has been carried out.

I really recommend this place to others as the satisfaction you get here is priceless.
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20121227_190852.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20121227_190935.jpg  

wildon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 00:06   #389
Team-BHP Support

I was there at 3M today morning for the Carbon Fibre wraps for my Punto.
The B pillars and the quarterpanel beams had some kind of matt finish stickers (OEM) which were starting to fade. There was also a plastic panel on the front which houses the windscreen washer jets. These were prone to fading and losing color and texture. I could polish these, but that's a continuous job. Enough was enough. Remember the golden rule - when you can't beat something at fading, destroy all evidence that it existed!

The experts at work - the outstanding fit and finish by these 2 youngsters leaves you speechless
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0024.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0025.jpg

Here's an example of the superb fit and finish on the B-pillars. It even beats the OEM quality of fit and finish!
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0653.jpg

I got these on the A pillar quarterpanels
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0658.jpg

On the B-pillars
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0659.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0654.jpg

And on the C pillars
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0660.jpg

I got it on this flimsy plastic panel which houses the windscreen washer. Thanks to the carbon fibre wrap, this panel looks classy rather than tacky! Kudos!
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0663.jpg

Carbon fibre carving at its very best! I dare say even the OEM personnel wouldn't have achieved this level of fit and finish.
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0664.jpg

I even got it on the roof antenna
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0665.jpg

Fantastic work by the staff at 3M HSR layout, as always! The next time I want some sporty CF wraps done for any of my vehicles, I know where to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Then we have been introduced to Siddu. As we were talking, Siddu introduced 2 more fellow BHP'ians to me.
I was one of those 2 BHPians there today morning , was nice to meet you in person. Remember the red 'Abarth' Punto?

Last edited by KarthikK : 31st December 2012 at 00:30.
KarthikK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 02:47   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalini_g View Post
Went to the HSR 3M center yesterday with my ~8 yr old Ikon. This is the first time I am going for a exterior detailing and Sidhu & team did a good work. My car now looks like a new one. I opted for the exterior cleaning+polishing which comes for 3500. This is bit high , but the attention to the detail and quality of the work is on the higher side.
Hi, I'd appreciate it if you could post a few pics of the result. I have the same car and I'm planning to get exterior detailing done aswell.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks