Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2012, 13:44   #391
BANNED

Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
I was one of those 2 BHPians there today morning , was nice to meet you in person. Remember the red 'Abarth' Punto?
Yes, your car was really red hot. The 'Abarth' really added value to the Punto.
wildon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2013, 22:41   #392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was one of those 2 BHPians there today morning , was nice to meet you in person. Remember the red 'Abarth' Punto?
When did you get the roof black? Those are glossy black stickers I guess, where and for how much did you get them?
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2013, 11:45   #393
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
Sorry to nit-pick, but the right way to do this (since 3M car care folks would have definitely charged you higher than any regular sticker guy) would have been to remove the beadings and then, apply the stickers, so that it covers up the whole area neatly.
Not like how it looks out right now.
Some customers, including me, would not like to mess around with removing the beadings since it is sometimes difficult to fit them back to the OEM level of finish. My 2 Cents. Doing it without messing the beadings is better than removing beadings, not being able to fit them back properly and having to rush to the A.S.S for fitting them properly.

As far as I know, they have been instructed not to tamper with OEM fittings as much as possible, unlike local accessory shops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
When did you get the roof black? Those are glossy black stickers I guess, where and for how much did you get them?
Just this past weekend. Got them from a friend in the US, roughly 3k bucks .

Last edited by KarthikK : 2nd January 2013 at 11:51.
Old 2nd January 2013, 18:03   #394
BHPian

Quote:
I was there at 3M today morning for the Carbon Fibre wraps for my Punto.
I even got it on the roof antenna
There's not much left on that car to be CF'd !

Jokes apart, it is a neat job as always.

It's time again for me to drag myself and the Fabia to Sidhu and team to do their magic. But, needs to be preceeded by a trip to Sai Colorium.
mempheS.D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 01:43   #395
BHPian

Was at 3M3C HSR yesterday for the following work:

1. Car wash and wax
2. CR70 sun film fitment (already have on front glass and now installed for other window glasses as well).
3. Carbon fibre wrap on the door A / B / C pillars (removed the door visors)

Sidhu was around and as usual an excellent work by the team.

The carbon fibre wrap phenomenally changes the look of the car - I was delighted to see the immediate improvement!

Please take a look at the pics:

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-1.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-2.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-4.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-5.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-6.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-7.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-8.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-9.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-10.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-11.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-21.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-22.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-23.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-25.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-26.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-27.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-28.jpg
autocrat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 13:40   #396
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
Was at 3M3C HSR yesterday for the following work:

1. Car wash and wax
2. CR70 sun film fitment (already have on front glass and now installed for other window glasses as well).
Excellent pictures there autocrat! The CF treatment looks superb now, and with the wax treatment, the Tuscan wine proves why it is simply the best-looking color in the entire Fiat range .

On the CR70 - even I am planning to get it done on the sides and front since it is transparent. I drive to ITPL daily from Jayanagar, and on both directions (going and returning), I face the sun directly and the heat is burning both my hands. In fact I am getting significant tan marks on my right hand because more sunlight falls on it. We can only imagine the situation to get worse in summer after this crazy blanket ban.

Last edited by KarthikK : 5th February 2013 at 13:46.
Old 5th February 2013, 15:12   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car looks "WOW" .
I have seen a linea with LTD and IDS sticker many times in and around HSR area and now i know who's is that
How much did it cost for CR70 ?

Cheers
Old 5th February 2013, 20:46   #398
Senior - BHPian

I had a pretty average experience at 3M HSR. Opted for a Powershine treatment for my Polo. Primary reason for the decision was hairline scratches running from front to back on either sides of the car caused by untrimmed shrubs on the median enroute to my office. The scratches were superficial and were gone after the treatment. But that was the only consolation. I had the following issues with the entire exercise.
1) As pointed out elsewhere, the names and steps of the treatment are totally messed up now. They don't have a proper manual showing the steps of each treatment and the latest charges. The manual lying there is quite old and does not represent the latest charges or procedures. So you have to rely on an oral description.
2) I was happy with the courtesy shown by the staff, I mean the supervisor, but cannot say the same about the workmanship. I agree it is much better than your average Joe car washer/detailer, But when I pay close to 4K, I expect attention to details. There was some hard staining/oxidation on the clear coat due to bird droppings or hard water. They were clueless how to remove it. I asked them to do a wet sanding, followed by buffing, which they did with lot of hesitation and the marks were gone.
3) They made quite a bit of buffer swirls. Despite reminding them multiple times to have a second run with machine on the affected areas the boys never obliged and insisted those marks cannot be removed. But they told the same thing about the clear coat stains. So if you are an avid reader of detailing sections of team bhp and other forums you are going to end up disappointed.
4) Poweshine treatment includes vacuuming of the interiors. I specifically asked the supervisor whether this was done. He replied affirmatively. But when the car was taken out, I was disappointed to see the remnants of food items and other stuff from my last trip inside the car.
5) Working without breaks was taking a toll on the boys and they were growing impatient and not in a mood to listen to the customer.
So on the whole, a pretty average experience. Hope they make sure, quality and workmanship are not compromised with growing business and charges.

Last edited by poloman : 5th February 2013 at 21:07.
poloman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th February 2013, 10:25   #399
BHPian

Hi Guys

I would be taking my 6 month old A-Star to Indiranagar 3M tomorrow. As per the chat with Mr. Ashwin there, he recommends a Paint Sealant Advanced Package (₹ 3,495 + tax). My questions are:

1. Since the car is only 6 months old (though it does have a fair share of swirl marks due to the local cleaning guy), do I really need to go in for the Advanced Paint Sealant Package, as I have read that once it is done, a thin layer of top coat is taken off, and the car would never look 'factory fresh' again.

2. I have a scratch on the rear door thanks to an errant neighbourhood kid. Will the 3M guys be able to reduce it.

P.S. Are there any other packages that you can recommend.
Old 9th February 2013, 10:38   #400
Senior - BHPian

If the scratch is deep enough to be felt with your nails, no amount of detailing will help. With same amount you can visit a reputed body shop to get the door repainted. Paint sealant treatment will no doubt reduce the swirl marks, but not 100%.
Old 10th February 2013, 20:31   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
The car looks "WOW" .
I have seen a linea with LTD and IDS sticker many times in and around HSR area and now i know who's is that

Cheers
Hello There :-)

CR70 cost 16200, the effect is significant - 50% less ac. Car won't be scorching hot when parked in direct sun too. Summer is taken care of.
Old 12th February 2013, 19:24   #402
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The carbon fibre wrap phenomenally changes the look of the car - I was delighted to see the immediate improvement!
Wow, looks awesome after the carbon fibre treatment

Quote:
On the CR70 - even I am planning to get it done on the sides and front since it is transparent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Is it legal to have the CR70 sunfilm ? I thought there is a complete ban on all sunfilms.
Old 12th February 2013, 22:48   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Wow, looks awesome after the carbon fibre treatment

Is it legal to have the CR70 sunfilm ? I thought there is a complete ban on all sunfilms.
Its not legal but I am hoping for a rational assessment soon.

CR70 is almost invisible and therefore guarantees 100 % visibility for those who want to peek in, but also protects me from sun.
autocrat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2013, 15:30   #404
BHPian

I was @ 3M for my Indica this time. Got the interiors cleaned and paint sealant treatment done. Car looks n feels like brand new inside out. The car is almost 7 years old but hardly looks so :-)
Attached Images

Last edited by autocrat : 15th February 2013 at 15:31.
autocrat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 13:43   #405
Senior - BHPian

Had been to the 3M shop this Sunday to have a foam wash. As always, received high level of service and have nothing new to report. Planning to soon get a sealant package done [with swirl corrections, whatever that package is].

I also learnt the packages have been changed recently, pricing too but the corresponding materials [catelogue, posters, etc] and yet to arrive from the company and they're expecting it.
Quote:
Some customers, including me, would not like to mess around with removing the beadings since it is sometimes difficult to fit them back to the OEM level of finish. My 2 Cents. Doing it without messing the beadings is better than removing beadings, not being able to fit them back properly and having to rush to the A.S.S for fitting them properly.
Exactly. My preference as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
Jokes apart, it is a neat job as always.

It's time again for me to drag myself and the Fabia to Sidhu and team to do their magic. But, needs to be preceeded by a trip to Sai Colorium.
Hey Santosh, we're probably in the same boat, having the same requirement. I need to get a few dings and scratches fixed at Sai Colorium, before I have Sidhu get the car to mirror finish, again.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 19th February 2013 at 14:39. Reason: Adding a response to memphes
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks