Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2013, 20:53   #406
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
I was @ 3M for my Indica this time. Got the interiors cleaned and paint sealant treatment done. Car looks n feels like brand new inside out. The car is almost 7 years old but hardly looks so :-)
How much are they charging for the paint sealant treatment? I am planning to do it either this weekend or the next.
Old 19th February 2013, 21:44   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post

How much are they charging for the paint sealant treatment? I am planning to do it either this weekend or the next.
For my Indica its 3790 + tax for paint sealant.
autocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2013, 20:02   #408
Team-BHP Support

Went for the usual wash since the car was really really dirty after last weeks showers. During the wash I noticed that the front bumper had a black strip in the middle that was getting faded and whitish. Thought of trying the CF wrap on that area. The guy who does the wraps did an absolute mind blowing job. One single piece with no multiple pieces anywhere. Here's how it looks before the number plate went on:

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-20130221_181145.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-20130221_181200.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-20130221_181158.jpg

This a must do for Figo owners who have the plastic fading and becoming whitish issues.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st February 2013, 20:11   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The guy who does the wraps did an absolute mind blowing job. One single piece with no multiple pieces anywhere.
That's a brilliant job. Clean execution.

Would they do a wrap job on my bike? Thinking of getting the black plastic parts wrapped in this CF film.
Old 21st February 2013, 22:34   #410
Senior - BHPian

I think Sidhu has got real good guys to carry out these CF film stuff with this much of workmanship.
I was checking the way they have done on the work on Karthik's punto in the fog lamp area is just too good.
Truely , these CF flim wrap is working out to be a wonderful option for all those fading plastic parts on our cars.

Cheers
Old 22nd February 2013, 11:38   #411
Team-BHP Support

Booked an appointment for tomorrow morning. I am going to replace the red stickers on my car dashboard with carbon fibre. The red, though looked great initially - hasn't aged well and the finishing also left a lot to be desired. Also - it polarises opinions.

Will check out their services and surely go for a full detailing session next month (After my 30k service is over!).

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-20121001_153434_3.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2013, 11:40   #412
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Booked an appointment for tomorrow morning. I am going to replace the red stickers on my car dashboard with carbon fibre. The red, though looked great initially - hasn't aged well and the finishing also left a lot to be desired. Also - it polarises opinions.

Will check out their services and surely go for a full detailing session next month (After my 30k service is over!).

Attachment 1054474
Guess its a good move to go for the CF in place of red. I will be dropping in tomorrow around 12.30 or so. Hoping to catch up with you.
Old 22nd February 2013, 12:33   #413
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Guess its a good move to go for the CF in place of red. I will be dropping in tomorrow around 12.30 or so. Hoping to catch up with you.
Detailing session?

I will be coming visiting 3M shop around 10AM itself since I will be working tonight from 12:00 AM to morning 9:00 AM and directly going there. Will wait most probably. Anyways, your inbox has my number.
Old 22nd February 2013, 12:38   #414
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Detailing session?

I will be coming visiting 3M shop around 10AM itself since I will be working tonight from 12:00 AM to morning 9:00 AM and directly going there. Will wait most probably. Anyways, your inbox has my number.
Nah. No detailing session, since I coming to that area, will be dropping in. As always you can meet atleast one teambhpian there on a weekend
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2013, 08:23   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Thought of trying the CF wrap on that area. The guy who does the wraps did an absolute mind blowing job.
Wow! It's done really well. It seems you got the ORVMs covered too? How is the faux diffuser holding up?
Old 23rd February 2013, 09:20   #416
Team-BHP Support

Woohoo! Time to meet distinguished BHPians today. cRazyDriver, I'm coming to 3M too, will be there sometime by afternoon in my T-Jet / Punto. I have more CF work on plan for the Punto, if ever I bring that car. More on that later, but will try to come for the sake of meeting you!

For now, I was a bit bored today morning and was trying my hand at Windows Movie Maker, merging an audio track from Need for Speed III *lol*. Here's a video of what Sidhu and the boys are capable of : Some extreme detailing work done on a ~2 year old car. I shot this video last week. I'll try to shoot a better video next time, this one is too kaccha.

The finishing and attention is in these pics for everyone to see.
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0511.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc_0512.jpg

People shake their head in disbelief when I tell them this car is 2 years old. They ask me when I took the delivery. If I tell them it was 22 months ago, they go bonkers and say it is more like 22 days old . All thanks to Sidhu and the 3M HSR team! Outstanding work!

Last edited by KarthikK : 23rd February 2013 at 09:30.
KarthikK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2013, 09:34   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
People shake their head in disbelief when I tell them this car is 2 years old. They ask me when I took the delivery. If I tell them it was 22 months ago, they go bonkers and say it is more like 22 days old . All thanks to Sidhu and the 3M HSR team!
That's something I call AWESOME!

My car is as dirty as dirty can be, but blocked whole day today :-(
autocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2013, 09:44   #418
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Wow! It's done really well. It seems you got the ORVMs covered too? How is the faux diffuser holding up?
The faux diffuser at the back is the only sore point. I still haven't got it done yet since the contours on the diffuser are more difficult for the wrap to cling onto. I wasn't 100% sure if the wrap would work on the edges. I'm keeping that on hold for now.

ORVM was done 3 months back as a trial. I still need to get the triangle piece of black plastic wrapped to hide the whitish fade on that as well.
Old 23rd February 2013, 12:12   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post

Attachment 1054705

People shake their head in disbelief when I tell them this car is 2 years old. They ask me when I took the delivery. If I tell them it was 22 months ago, they go bonkers and say it is more like 22 days old . All thanks to Sidhu and the 3M HSR team! Outstanding work!
Same here Karthik! When I was there a week back for a regular wash, another customer in his brand new Polo couldn't believe my car was a good 22 months old

On an other note, Is it me or do those two exposed screws holding the rear mud guard stick out like a sore thumb? I had seen the same on Autocrat's Linea the other day.

Maybe a bit of CF treatment Karthik or get rid of the mud guard altogether

Last edited by speed kills : 23rd February 2013 at 12:17.
Old 23rd February 2013, 22:03   #420
Distinguished - BHPian

I might be biased but I feel that my car is getting younger day by day. Thanks to Sidhu and his team.

I dropped in to get the paint sealant treatment done but Sidhu advised me to postpone the paint sealant treatment to June(just before the rainy season) as he felt its not required for my car now. Hence, went with the Power Shine treatment and here is the result.

Taken today @ 48800 Kms and 22 months

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-488002.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-48800.jpg

@ 38000 Kms

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-38000.jpg

On Delivery day

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-delivery-day.jpg

Also, it was a kind of mini team-bhp meet there, met the mods Vid6639(Figo) and n_aditya(New Ritz ZDI), nkrishnap(Fiat Linea) and his friend, Nelson (Punto) and finally the Red Rocket(Yes he is not yet done with the Red-Black theme ). There were couple of tbhp stickered Vernas as well.
arun_josie is online now   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks