Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2013, 11:53   #511
BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Ironic!
When I was put up 2kms away from 3M HSR layout, I never took my ride over for a wash and wax. Now I have shifted to a place nearly 35kms away and I make time to visit them.

I got my Bolero washed, waxed and de-tinted on July 4th. Yup, American Independence Day, light day at work. Dropped in early, in fact the first car for the day.

Opted for
- UV protect (form wash + wax)
- Premium interior cleaning
- De tinting.
It all added up to a little more than four and half grand.

Siddu and Aravid were there, courteous as ever. That is one thing I like about this place; awesome customer service.

Now about the work, was I blown away? Naa.. It was quality work, they had used branded stuff, but in the end when they called me to inspect their work, I found quite a few misses, missed out some dirt spots, tar spots. Missing out to clean the top part of the mud flap was quiet surprising.

But as you know, Siddu and Aravid where there to take care of things when I pointed out.

May be it is this thread with 35 pages of great review that made me expect a lot more than regular 3Ws (wash, wipe and wax).

Would I visit them again? Oh yeah; but next time I am not going to relax in their lounge. I would stick around my ride, just in case they over look a spot, I would like to point that out then and there.

Nice place!
Spinnerr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 20:07   #512
Senior - BHPian

I had been there yesterday, 4th July, to get the under body coating and paint protection application and some PPF work. Was there by around 12 and was surprised to find the place a little crowded. Neverthe less, got to meet Sidhu and what happened over the next 4 hours was absolute delight.

I told Sidhu that mine is a new car and he was of the opinion that the paint sealant is not required, but then they had this offer where I could save 1k if I got both the under body and the paint sealant done, so I said lets go for it. Now, this is a man who truly does what the customer wants and not what would bring money to him. I checked for the PPF and he told me, if the cost of repainting the bumper is going to be less than 3k, it makes no sense in getting the PPF done. And Maruti cars are not that costly to repaint, so he left it to me and we decided to defer the PPF to a later date. I dont know if I am happy that I saved somemoney or got myself some heart burn at some stage later, but I was satisfied.

Someone here mentioned about Sidhu being humble, well I second that thought and he not only got us tea/coffee but got us lunch too. I say us and its not a mistake, I met two other BHP'ians. I may be wrong with their names, but Ashwin and Chetan is what I remember. Dont remember their BHP ID though. These two gentlemen, actually drove down from Delhi in a Honda City they had purchased there. We spent a good amount of time chatting to Sidhu all in while, the car was getting washed and the under body getting coated. Sidhu insisted on me seeing the coating, which I did and found ok. But when he saw, he had his men touchup couple of spots which I did not even notice.

Next was the paint sealant and the most important job of the job. I have been carrying the LTD sticker with me ever since I got the car and finally got it stuck to the car. Sidhu sugested a place that was different than what I had in mind, and must admit his choice was better than mine.

The only sour point, which though Sidhu apologised later (not sure how he could control it though) was that after i left the store, it started to rain. however, i reached home and wiped the car clean and it looked as good as it was when I left the store. Sidhu messaged later in the night to check for feedback. I said, "you have a customer for life". He has no quirks in saying, this store is surviving because of Team-BHP. That was just awesome to hear and proud to be part of this forum.

Will I go there again, Hell yes, ALWAYS. I will rate this experience of mine, 11 out of 10. No, its not a mistake. I needed a small piece of mat to cover the transmission hump at the back seat, Sidhu got his team to cut the exact shape from a no mad mat, placed it there and did not charge me for it. The extra one is for this small bit of detail, which I will remember for a long time to come.

Thank you Sidhu :-)
dass is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 21:05   #513
Senior - BHPian

^^ That's Sidhu for you. He is gracious to state that the store is running with good support from TBHP, but the real reason a lot of us prefer to go down to his store, come rain or shine, is the brilliant customer focus and service. He and his managers are really one of a kind, who are genuinely interested in servicing the customer and making a friend out of them (rather than seeing how much money can be made out of them).

When business do whatever they can to cheat, perform fradulent activities and lie through their nose to make profits, Sidhu and his team are made from a totally different material. Can't wait to go get my car some tlc this weekend.
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2013, 13:58   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post

Someone here mentioned about Sidhu being humble, well I second that thought and he not only got us tea/coffee but got us lunch too. I say us and its not a mistake, I met two other BHP'ians. I may be wrong with their names, but Ashwin and Chetan is what I remember. Dont remember their BHP ID though. These two gentlemen, actually drove down from Delhi in a Honda City they had purchased there. We spent a good amount of time chatting to Sidhu all in while, the car was getting washed and the under body getting coated.
It was nice to meet you as well Dass we had a great chat about almost everything while our cars were done up here is Ashwin's car pics being worked on buy Sidhu's team

Do I need to say this again proably this is a 5th car i am getting it done from his place as usual same dedication and care which i dont think i ever got from any other place.
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_1911.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_1912.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_1913.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_1914.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_1917.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_1919.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_1921.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_1926.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_1931.jpg  

chethan25 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 18:48   #515
BHPian

I got my car waxed and polished at 3M HSR layout today. I was in for some luck as the morning was not too busy and I could get the work done quickly. Met with Sidhu, Aravind and Pradeep and had a very pleasant interaction with all. The car looks spectacular and new. I had to formally document my appreciation of the job and care and hence this post.

Well, as my ill luck would have it, a good-for-nothing-else drizzle has left dirty spots within a few hours after the job. Hopefully I can take those off without much hassle. Now my main challenge is to have a conversation with my long standing daily car cleaner about Sidhu's recommendation on car cleaning.
Mnjdnght is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2013, 09:05   #516
Senior - BHPian

Hey Folks, just now called up Siddhu (he was sleeping I guess ) and booked an appointment for an Exterior Wash + Interior Cleaning job, today @ 2PM.
Anyone coming this way, I will be there at 3M HSR. Will be nice to meet anyone who drops in.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 19th July 2013 at 09:24.
Old 19th July 2013, 09:19   #517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Hey Folks, just now called up Siddhu (he was sleeping I guess ) and booked an appointment for a Exterior Wash + Interior Cleaning job, today @ 2PM.
Skipping office are we?
Old 19th July 2013, 09:23   #518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Skipping office are we?
Errrr...Work from Home saaar. The 3M visit would be Lunch Break.

P.S: Travelling hometown to meet my newborn kiddo (and wife n parents or course). So thought of cleaning up the mess that the rains had created since last 15 days and then cover up the baby and leave.
Old 19th July 2013, 09:49   #519
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey Folks, just now called up Siddhu (he was sleeping I guess ) and booked an appointment for an Exterior Wash + Interior Cleaning job, today @ 2PM.
Anyone coming this way, I will be there at 3M HSR. Will be nice to meet anyone who drops in.
On the way back home I'll be dropping by for my weekly post-rain wash , but thanks to whitefield traffic, I'll be reaching there only by 4.30 - 5 PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Skipping office are we?
Quote:
Errrr...Work from Home saaar. The 3M visit would be Lunch Break.
I'm leaving early, bunking evening session today. There is way too much muck deposit on the Punto this week. Only a pressure wash can get rid of it.

Quote:
P.S: Travelling hometown to meet my newborn kiddo (and wife n parents or course). So thought of cleaning up the mess that the rains had created since last 15 days and then cover up the baby and leave.
Congrats Soumyajit!
Old 19th July 2013, 09:57   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
On the way back home I'll be dropping by for my weekly post-rain wash , but thanks to whitefield traffic, I'll be reaching there only by 4.30 - 5 PM.
The rain Gods always come down at 5pm. So my suggestion would be to finish up the washing job by 5, so that you can get back home without dirtying your ride again.
May be, I'll be exiting when you would be reaching.

Quote:
Congrats Soumyajit!
Thanks mate
He was born here, Blore on 3rd June. Now they (wife n kid) are at my hometown for about 2 months. So I am travelling to meet everyone there.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2013, 22:59   #521
Senior - BHPian

I went to the 3M Car Care centre, HSR Layout, today morning. On our recent drive to Ooty, my Figo was tarred - left side looked like a dual-tone paint job due to tar sprayed accidentally by a careless worker while I drove past roadworks.

Got there around 10:30am, spoke with Pradeep. He took one look at the car and said "I know what to do, so don't worry".

Sidhu got to the shop just after lunch, spoke with him, met @Soumyajit9 (nice talking to you mate!). I asked Sidhu to also take a look at the underbody anti-rust treatment.

As always, detailing job was immaculate. Not a spot of tar on my car now, looks like the "tarring" never happened. And it was awfully nice of Sidhu to not charge me for touching up the underbody coating.

Before and after pics of my car attached.
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20130718_213837.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20130719_141619.jpg  

KiloAlpha is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2013, 23:12   #522
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
my Figo was tarred - left side looked like a dual-tone paint job due to tar sprayed accidentally by a careless worker while I drove past roadworks
Thats a neat job, I guess there was more tar on your car than on Bangalore roads.
Could please let know what was the rate for detailing?
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2013, 23:26   #523
Senior - BHPian

So finally I visited the infamous 3M HSR for an actual job.
My requirement was a simple wash and interior cleaning.

I reached around 2:20 and was surprised to see Karthik (kiloalpha) in the customer lounge. We had a nice chit chat and came to know that his office was hardly 2kms from 3M. Lucky guy, I say !! Sidhu was attending another customer and it was nice to meet him after our last mini meet (Makalidurga). Ohh, I met him once more about 2 months back when I went there to enquire and get recommendations about the Paint Sealant job. Didn't get it done earlier since there were many scratches on both the bumpers. So Sidhu had recommended the job only when the car was free of scratches, which has eventually not happened.

So coming back to today, Sidhu asked me twice or probably thrice whether I wanted the washing or not. Reason being the angry rain god, which was pouring down and then cleaning up. But, since I am traveling tomorrow and the car was pretty much muddy, I wanted to clean up the mess and cover it up before leaving. There were a few more cars there, which had some major work like waxing and paint sealant. So Sidhu pushed my car in the first go for the washing job.

The washing job was interesting and I was amazed at the nozzle of the pressure washer (I don't know how to define it). The pressure washer was making a loud nose and I was worried about the pressure of water on the car. So Sidhu took me and asked to put my hand in the jet of water and boy, that was absolutely smooth !! That was a different nozzle with a smooth spray of water, which looked like vapour !! That nozzle also reduced the water wastage and I came to know that only 40 litres (2 bucket) of water was used to clean my car !! Nice.

Post the washing, the guys cleaned the interiors and the engine bay. There was not a single drop of water left in the car. Absolutely dry !!

The hard water stains on some portions of the car was there and Sidhu recommended to get a different treatment (a different package/job) to clean them up. That would have taken some time. So I parked it aside for my next visit with lots of time.

Completed the rest of the formalities (feedback and payment). I was shocked that the amount was at par with my neighborhood car wash station and the quality of job at 3M was far above that what I get at the garage near my house.

Overall a wonderful experience there. I met another BHPian, sorry, forgot your name and handle. I left around 3:15 pm and reached home. There was slight drizzle, so cleaned up the car, left it to dry and covered up after 4hours.

No pics as of now. Once I come back and remove the cover, I am definitely seeing my car, brand new. Pics will follow then.

Thanks once again, Sidhu and 3M Car Care, HSR.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 15:43   #524
BHPian

I've been reading about the 3M Car Clinic mainly from Karthik's Punto thread and was always baffled as to how shiny his Punto would be after a visit there.
But today was a total shocker when i realised that there's an entire thread dedicated to the 3M clinic @ HSR!!!
I've not gone through the entire thread but from what i've seen, I'm just waiting to get my Getz pampered there(sadly, which can happen only after a month as i'm on site at the moment!!! ).
Do they have similar treatments for motorbikes aswell???
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 10:08   #525
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Do they have similar treatments for motorbikes aswell???
For the black Ninja, eh?? Unfortunately, I don't think 3M car care centres are allowed to detail bikes at the moment. The bike detailing business seems to be non-existent, at least in Bangalore. I too would love to know of people who detail bikes; been looking for someone who can do up the Thunderbird.

Last edited by KarthikK : 26th July 2013 at 10:09.

Most Viewed