Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2013, 19:13   #556
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Wanted to know if 3M does anything to car floor lamination etc ? I am driving Ertiga which is sea of beige inside

and how much do i need to spend ? Considering the amount of beige inside, Its is going to be a dirty work for them.

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-image2767863612.jpg

Here you go. I have the beige coloured 3M carpets. Slightly expensive ( around 5.X K) but looks and feels much better than the others.

About interior cleaning solutions , I think they have some good plans. I don't think you need it right now in your new car.

They also have a good annual "package " which has 2 paint sealant treatments , 2 interior cleaning sessions and a couple of washes in it. Guess its around 14 K INR.
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 19:17   #557
BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Under body treatment - Does it bring down the noise level inside the cabin?
Oh yes it does. My Diesel Figo is almost like my Esteem now till about 3000rpm, after which the engine is slightly audible.

here is a link with more details on this treatment. 3M Under-body Treatment

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Here you go. I have the beige coloured 3M carpets. Slightly expensive ( around 5.X K) but looks and feels much better than the others.
Awesome mats, I got black ones in my Figo and these are a must have. Thoroughly tested in my recent Ooty trip.

Last edited by mashmash : 28th August 2013 at 19:21.
mashmash is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 18:52   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post

Oh yes it does. My Diesel Figo is almost like my Esteem now till about 3000rpm, after which the engine is slightly audible.

here is a link with more details on this treatment. 3M Under-body Treatment

Awesome mats, I got black ones in my Figo and these are a must have. Thoroughly tested in my recent Ooty trip.
My mats (beige) are in great shape after a year of usage. The driver side mat was worn due to heavy clutch usage and I replaced that alone. The mats hold a lot of dirt and car still looks clean inside :-)
autocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 12:19   #559
BHPian

Well after driving through steady drizzle y day from Chennai, in the evening called Pradeep
and checked if I could get the car for cleaning this morning; since I was first customer @9.30am, got it foam washed quickly; Pradeep suggested waxing and tire dressing as well. When it was done, he noticed a small blemish in the PPF which I had got done earlier and got it cleared and fixed a PPF there Back home by 11.00am. Car looks abs fine. Yeah picked up 3M Oxy for the fabric (seats of Duster and home sofa).

Could not meet Sidhu or any TBHP members as it was v early and Friday. As usual the Sidhu's boys were v diligent and Pradeep at his attentive best

Cheers
Waxeloquent is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2013, 23:44   #560
Distinguished - BHPian

My cousin's Punto was one year and one month old. Being a dark color, there were swirl marks on the car. My cousin insisted to get it back to almost new condition. Here the outcome of the SR Advanced Paint Sealant on the Punto.

Paint Sealant

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-punto-1.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-punto-2.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-punto-3.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-punto-4.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-punto-5.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-punto-6.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-punto-7.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-punto-8.jpg

3M Mats

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-punto-mats-1.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-punto-mats-2.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-punto-mats-3.jpg

My cousin had a wide grin after the sealant effect and happy with the mats too.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2013, 21:20   #561
Senior - BHPian

Ladakh has a lot of experiences but for a car it is not the best place when it comes to its looks. Though I don't mind the dirty looks, my folks refused to sit inside the car. So today took the car to 3M and let Sidhu and his team run their magic.

First look on Sidhu's face was that of astonishment at the way the car looked after 8k kms through India. But their magic prevailed and the car came back to its original color. Here are some comparison pictures.

Front of the car - Before
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-front_grill_before.jpg

Front of the car - After
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-front_grill_after.jpg

Rear of the car - Before
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-rear_bottom_before.jpg

Rear of the car - After
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-rear_bottom_after.jpg

3 Quarter Right - Before
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-rear_right_3quaters_before.jpg

3 Quarter Right - After
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-rear_right_3quaters_after.jpg

3 Quarter Left - Before
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-rear_left_3quaters_before.jpg

3 Quarter Left - After
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-rear_left_3quaters_after.jpg

Interior - Before
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-interior_before.jpg

Interior - After
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-interior_after.jpg

All i can say to Sidhu and his team is
motomaverick is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 10:04   #562
Senior - BHPian

This last Saturday was a compensatory working day for us to make up for a long holiday during the Independence Day week, last month.

So on my way back home, i instinctively called Sidhu at 3M (HSR layout) if he was free to attend to my car for a bit. I was thinking of getting a CF wrap job for sometime and thankfully Sidhu and his team was free.

After a nice wash and wax job, the team at 3M delivered their best as usual.

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-20130914-18.58.21.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-20130914-19.22.09.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-20130914-18.53.46.jpg

I got the front grill wrapped and the Suzuki badge at the rear wrapped as well.

But somehow the rear badge wrap was looking out of place (it was not flowing with the design) so peeled off the CF wrap.

The front looks brilliant now, IMO.

The Suzuki badge at the rear is back to stock (chrome finish) as earlier.

Once again, BIG thanks to Sidhu for his superb attention to detail and flawless customer centric attitude.

Last edited by n_aditya : 16th September 2013 at 10:06.
n_aditya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 10:24   #563
Team-BHP Support

Family picked up a new Polo Tsi in red 2 weeks back, decided to get the surface sealed before the abuse begins. Just called up Sidhu and dropped the car during lunch on a weekday and by evening, came back gleaming. Got the mats also done, since this car will be doing the beater duty. Approx 8xxx INR.

As usual 10/10 for the workmanship and the details that were taken care by Sidhu and team. These days am not even worried when i leave the vehicle, coz i know they will ensure satisfaction. Weekdays are the best so that they get more time to attend to your vehicle.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 14:26   #564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Ladakh has a lot of experiences but for a car it is not the best place when it comes to its looks. Though I don't mind the dirty looks, my folks refused to sit inside the car. So today took the car to 3M and let Sidhu and his team run their magic.

:
Wow. I don't blame your folks for refusing to sit in the car..
But jokes aside, beautiful transformation on your car by Sidhu's team. Kudos!
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 07:32   #565
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
First look on Sidhu's face was that of astonishment at the way the car looked after 8k kms through India.
I managed to get it almost as dirty without a Ladakh trip. Went to 3M yesterday and Sidhu joked that I seem to be back from Ladakh trip. I didn't understand the joke till he showed me pics of your car's transformation.

So, my car was full of dust and dirt collected from the states of Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka. Almost 2000 kilometers of driving through heavy rains meant layers of dirt and mud on the car. Infact - the original colour was not visible anymore.

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-1_before.jpg
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3_before.jpg
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-5_before.jpg
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-4_before.jpg

There was only one place that I trusted to restore it back to showroom condition. Brilliant work once again by Sidhu and his team @ 3M HSR layout. Let the pictures speak the story of the transformation -

Water wash upfront - Notice how much dirt is being cleared! I was a happy man to see this since it would ensure no swirls would crop up during the foam wash.
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-water-wash.jpg

Foam wash -
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-foam-wash_800.jpg

Its snowing in bangalore. My favourite part.
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-front_snow.jpg
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-back-snow.jpg

Skipping the rest of the process. Now - for some before/ after pics -

Before
Click image for larger version

Name:	1_before.jpg
Views:	2959
Size:	413.5 KB
ID:	1139920

After
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-1_after.jpg

Before
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-2_before.jpg

After
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-2_after.jpg

Before

Name:	3_before.jpg
Views:	2927
Size:	434.6 KB
ID:	1139924

After
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3_after.jpg

Before

Name:	5_before.jpg
Views:	2925
Size:	398.9 KB
ID:	1139928

After
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-5_after.jpg

Before

Name:	4_before.jpg
Views:	2935
Size:	388.9 KB
ID:	1139926

After
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-4_after.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
The front looks brilliant now, IMO.
Looks brilliant now! Personally, I think smoked headlamps (Not complete headlamps - only portions sorrounding the reflectors so that visibility is not restricted - similar to the work done on hemanth.anand's Punto) would complete the black theme upfront.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 18th September 2013 at 08:01.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 08:37   #566
Senior - BHPian

I used to frequent Sidhu' center when I was in Bangalore. Got the Paint Sealant done and many foam washes.

Now, I take the car to the 3M center at Vytilla, Kochi and it doesn't snow here like it does in HSR. At Sidhu' place, I couldn't see the Red of the car immediately after the application of foam. It used to be thick, but it is not so thick and here at Kochi.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 16:50   #567
BHPian

After frequently visiting Sidhu and his boys with all my cars, it was the last time the Swift VDI was going to see him/his shop. I decided to sell the Swift and didn't want the new owner who is a family friend, to get the short end of the stick. Did a full service along with some new tires and then went over to 3M and did the complete package. Had a hard time letting go of the car after the super clean up done. I realized that the white Swift paint actually has some sparkles in it.

The new owner was happy with a practically new car. 33Kms in 5 years and all service documentation including all 3M documentation. Sadly the car won't be seeing Bangalore anymore, but it did get it's last best shower by the great guys at 3M.

As usual, ran into a number of BHP-ians there, though I don't remember all of your names. I'm sorry I'm horrible with names.
stumpz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 11:47   #568
BHPian

I had left my HeartBeat alone for 16 months and He surely deserved better treatment. So , texted Sidhu, If I could come over on Saturday morning, to which he said "Yes". Promptly reached the 3m Center, with the help of abhishek.sircar, and was surprised to be the second car there!!

Pradeep showed me the options available for exterior (and I opted for some advanced exterior thingy). Met Sidhu a bit later (was wondering why I did not meet any more bhpians?) . And then lo and behold, all came pouring in . First met Khan , followed by the two karthiks (and there two lineas) and then Nkrishnap . Over tea, and various discussions, I did not realize when the job was done on my car. There were a few hard water marks on the chrome parts, which were promptly rectified...and the best part?--Sidhu and his team put something on the black parts(plastics and rubber), which made teh actual colour come out- I mean those parts are blacker than the time I took delivery of the car a couple of years ago!!

Thanks a lot Sidhu....My car , as well as I am gleaming with happiness now.
adg_andy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 15:41   #569
Distinguished - BHPian

An EcoSport finds a home

I had my EcoSport given the 3M treatment at HSR Layout on 31-Aug (2 days after taking delivery):
  • Underbody protection
  • Paint sealant - I got a monsoon discount for the first 2 items
  • Nomad mats in black colour
  • Paint protection film
  • CR70 sun film for the entire glasshouse

It was a pleasure meeting Mr. Sidhu, Pradeep and the rest of the staff who did a great job.

Initial ownership review viewable at: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...itanium-o.html

Earlier today, I'd gone there to give my car a much needed wash up, thanks to rains and bad roads over the past few weeks. Here's the result:
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-wp_20130925_001_tn.jpg
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 18:27   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I had my EcoSport given the 3M treatment at HSR Layout on 31-Aug (2 days after taking delivery):[*]Underbody protection[*]Paint sealant - I got a monsoon discount for the first 2 items[*]Nomad mats in black colour[*]Paint protection film[*]CR70 sun film for the entire glasshouse It was a pleasure meeting Mr. Sidhu, Pradeep and the rest of the staff who did a great job. Initial ownership review viewable at: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...itanium-o.html Earlier today, I'd gone there to give my car a much needed wash up, thanks to rains and bad roads over the past few weeks. Here's the result:
Great! This is precisely what we did with our Duster. Again a fantastic job by Sidhu's team under watchful eyes of Pradeep.
All what you got done, believe me, will help you tremendously in long term upkeep. Enjoy! Cheers
Waxeloquent is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed