Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2013, 16:29   #616
BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
There is nothing like offending anyone's feelings or anything when one states facts as they are. After all, there are service
levels which are committed and when one's own experience contradicts then it is quite fine to share the same. The only
point I suggest please provide feedback to both Pradeep and Siddu directly. I personally have got a few corrections done
and deficiencies rectified. So far there has not been an occasion when after feedback was done, it was not corrected
from my experience. Cheers
Thanks for the reply Waxeloquent. Well one has to be extra cautious while expressing one's opinion/views on the internet. I don't believe in providing feedback on a task as simple as foam wash. I went there for the first time about 2 years ago for an interior and exterior wash. I remember there were swirl marks on the inner side of the front windshield. They appeared a few hours after I left the place. I had to wipe it off myself. I didn't know the exact cause of this. I mean, why did I have to pay them and do a touch up job myself later? The second time I noticed this chap was using a microfiber cloth which had turned black. I am not making this up. This time again, the swirl marks appeared on the inner side of the windshield and that's when I realized it was due to the bad state of the cloth. The third time I pointed it out to the supervisor and he just smiles and tries to pass it off as just a small issue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
You are not alone, my friend. TBH, I feel that either this store is over-hyped, or customers who share a rapport with the proprietor is given better treatment.

I went there for a powershine but settled down for a foam wash later and asked them to cover the underbody too during the wash. I was flatly refused saying that as per 3M policy they never do that. This was Pradeep. This guy also tried selling me a paint sealant treatment just because my car had few tar spots, my car was already treated and I do not want to shell out 4k for just few tar spots which would either go away with some claying or a IPA wipe-down.

Heck, wonder how the 3M store I visit at Chennai washes my car's underchassis or wonder how 3M HSR themselves wash the underbody when a customer wants a underbody coating.

When asked for an explanation, I was told by Pradeep that we don't wash it because it'll rust. I was like, WTH, then do you think water never gets there during rain? And you never wash the underchassis before you do a coating?

I was unanswered and he said he would try doing it IFF the bay was free. This was on a Monday morning and I had taken off just to get the car cleaned.

I specifically mention him to atleast wash the wheel wells properly if not the under-chassis.

And the car comes out, I casually see that the tyres are dirty and the LH doors have few stains. I point it out and it was attended. Later, i go park at home which is just 3 kms away. I was shocked when I saw the wheel wells. Here are few pics.

Shabby, improper and unprofessional foam wash ever. The RVM had few old bug splatters too, which was untouched throughout the wash.

Sorry to spoil the flow guys, but good for those of you who find them excellent, I did not.

Attachment 1161836

Attachment 1161837

Attachment 1161838

Attachment 1161839

Attachment 1161840
Thanks a ton DRIV3R. That's ridiculous! The car which came in after mine was a Toyota Etios Liva. The chap drove it onto the ramp for an under chassis wash! I find this work flow highly inconsistent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
I had commented about the same few pages back. I agree that the people in 3M HSR are much better and helpful than the other car detailing guys around. But professional car detailing is altogether a different ball game. The jobs these guys do in 2-3 hours actually take 5-6 hours if you really follow the golden rules of car detailing. Reusing microfiber clothes with out proper wash is a cardinal sin in detailing world. The contention is that despite these practices they charge a premium for their services.
Also I never flaunt my Team BHP identity anywhere which may entitle you to preferential treatment. I would like to get the same treatment as any other person.
Thanks poloman. I don't like to compare. If I have to compare then this store is just another place but has 3M branding. Very honestly speaking I don't mind if I have to pay, say, 2000 bucks for a foam wash as long as the car has been thoroughly washed, dried, with no water dripping from the side mirrors, no droplets of water around the edges, no foam residue on tires and interiors vacuumed correctly. But I wouldn't be happy if they charge say 200 bucks for a mediocre job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I'm one of the members who have been satisfied with the service provided and recommended them on the forum. Not because they don't make mistakes, but because they have been responsible enough to rectify mistakes whenever something is pointed out.

Its not acceptable if PPF is having issue. And I'm sure Sidhu will be the first person to agree with me on this. Please call them (I would recommend to speak with Sidhu directly) up with the details and get it corrected.
Thanks CrAzY dRiVeR. I believe they are the first ones to set up shop. I believe they have close to 4 years of experience running this store. These mistakes are not supposed to happen in my opinion. I'd point it out if the material they used had some issues or something. I am not paying them and point out mistakes. If I have to point out mistakes, then why should I go to a professional guy? Again, honestly speaking I don't find time for myself and when I make time to get my car cleaned I also like to use that time to run personal errands or make some urgent calls. I don't have the patience to monitor their work. It is their job to deliver. They are just surviving on customer loyalty. I have made up my mind to never go there again. Because its a waste of my money, energy and most importantly my time.

Quote:
Why should the customer keep running to the Store Manager for escalations?

Is it not the Store Manager's onus to do the QC before delivering the car? I thought that was the norm at 3M stores so far!

When we pay a premium for 3M's services, that is what is least expected.
Thanks DRIV3R. I agree 100%. There was no QC done before they delivered the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Yeah. I still fail to understand as to how can they do a body treatment polishing and waxing with so much of dust through the open entrance. I realised later on that my windscreen wasn't cleaned properly , same with my rims.

The 3M wax paste that these people sell here for more than 3K INR went missing from my boot. It was in this bag where I have all my other polishes in the boot. I had checked it before giving them the car. They said they dunno much about it , I just left it at that. But have decided , I won't go there again nor would recommend them to anyone.
Thanks speedsatya. I'm sorry to hear you lost the item. I'm sure you would have thought of this, but I'll take the liberty to remind it again-always keep all the valuables at home before heading out for a wash/body treatment.
vishwasvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 16:32   #617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
True. And I have seen the policy being followed.
It was not followed in my case. Good to know that it was followed for you, who happen to have great experiences there always.

Quote:
But in cases were a mistake happens- talking to the store owner produces more results than ranting on the forum, unless the objective is to rant anyways.
Well the forum is there for a purpose. It need not portray only posts from those who always sing praises of the venture and recommend it blindly to everyone. This is a review thread and everyone is free to post their views/real time experiences.

If my post seemed like a rant, so be it. It is not my headache to see if everything is covered after the treatment/wash, it is the onus of the store.

In my case, I noticed the defects after reaching my place, how does *talking* to the store manager help here? It was a lapse from his part to examine the car before delivery in the first place.

People who always hang around the store/proprietor irrespective of whether the car is worked upon or not, always seem to have a great experience over there.

I do not gain anything from my so called rant, but seems like you sure are gaining something by defending the store over the forum.
DRIV3R is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 16:46   #618
Team-BHP Support

But does 3M offer under body wash? I thought it was only body wash which covers the wheel well area? Only time i saw under body wash included as part of their service was before the under body treatment.

To be honest, for under body wash i would any-day prefer a regular service station with hoists; and if you want the under-body cleaned well, then you need to use de-greasers (like diesel at the least. 3M de-greasers would make it prohibitively expensive process) and do a proper scrub by manual labor. Relying only on pressure wash will just get you so much and if its included will be just a lil something that is thrown in free.

Anyways i cant comment further since i do the under body cleaning separately at service station or with my pressure washer and sometime just request 3M guys to throw few sprays, if the dirt is minor.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 16:48   #619
BHPian

Quote:
True. And I have seen the policy being followed.

But in cases were a mistake happens- talking to the store owner produces more results than ranting on the forum, unless the objective is to rant anyways. It didn't seem so in his case, as he was providing feedback and his PPF needs correction - and hence my suggestion to him.
You're lucky the policy was followed. I don't know if this is just coincidence, but I have been less than happy every single time I have been there.

How I wish I had the time to sit and rant! If you're of the opinion that I'm ranting then I will respect your opinion

I have pointed out the mistakes to the supervisor in the past. How come things haven't changed even now? Again, not ranting but just wondering

Quote:
It was not followed in my case. Good to know that it was followed for you, who happen to have great experiences there always.

Well the forum is there for a purpose. It need not portray only posts from those who always sing praises of the venture and recommend it blindly to everyone. This is a review thread and everyone is free to post their views/real time experiences.

If my post seemed like a rant, so be it. It is not my headache to see if everything is covered after the treatment/wash, it is the onus of the store.

In my case, I noticed the defects after reaching my place, how does *talking* to the store manager help here? It was a lapse from his part to examine the car before delivery in the first place.

People who always hang around the store/proprietor irrespective of whether the car is worked upon or not, always seem to have a great experience over there.

I do not gain anything from my so called rant, but seems like you sure are gaining something by defending the store over the forum.
True DRIV3R. Like I mentioned earlier, I don't believe in blindly accepting someone's opinion-whether it is a good opinion or bad. After all the good reviews I read here, I had heightened expectations. Again, like I mentioned earlier, I don't believe in name bashing. My intention was to give a balanced view based on my experiences. If one has to weigh the good bits and bad bits about 3M HSR, then the scale is surely tipping toward good. Just thought I should share my (bad) experience to keep the reviews balanced.

Last edited by vishwasvr : 4th November 2013 at 16:57.
vishwasvr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 16:51   #620
BHPian

But in cases were a mistake happens- talking to the store owner produces more results than ranting on the forum, unless the objective is to rant anyways. It didn't seem so in his case, as he was providing feedback and his PPF needs correction - and hence my suggestion to him.

You see Waxeloquent this is why I had to be careful
Old 4th November 2013, 16:54   #621
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I used to be quite regular there, at least once a month.

Nowadays they are too busy on weekends and I am too busy on weekdays.

So I have stopped going there, preferring my once-a-week home-car-wash.

All these services are the same in India. They start well, but somehow they tend to compromise, let standards drop and then die out.

I also submit the slight psychological angle here; the good reviews of this place may have something, however small, to do with the PR efforts and pleasant conversation that the owner and managers tend to have with customers.

Essentially humans feel good when someone engages with them and in general are more likely to give a good review in such a case compared to one in which no one bothered to even talk to them.

One more thing; I have been well served here. This is possibly because I tend to be a bit obsessive and watch my vehicle like a hawk when they are cleaning it. That's all I do there, get it thoroughly cleaned, outside and inside!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 4th November 2013 at 16:56.
shankar.balan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 16:58   #622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwasvr View Post
I'm sure you would have thought of this, but I'll take the liberty to remind it again-always keep all the valuables at home before heading out for a wash/body treatment.
From whatever " great" reviews I had heard on this forum , I somehow didnt feel the need to take it out . But I remember checking it before handing the car to them . That says enough Anyways , I dont care much about something I bought for 16 USD ( 3M HSR claims they pay 3K INR for the same item )

I just hope they look into these feedback and work on closing the gaps .
speedsatya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 17:23   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
But does 3M offer under body wash? I thought it was only body wash which covers the wheel well area?
Myself and quite a few other members have always had the underbody washed from other 3M outlets elsewhere. If 3M has a policy mentioned that it should not be done,(which i was told by both Pradeep and Sidhu) I see no reason why the other stores offered us one.

And Jaggu, I hope you went through the pictures I posted. In case you missed, request you to go through once. Am not ranting about the underbody wash yet, the wheel wells themselves were so dirty and incompletely cleaned. See for yourself. In fact, I was so disappointed that I posted a review in another forum the same day, did not post on T BHP thinking mine would be a one off case. But clearly seems like it isn't.

Cheers!
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 17:41   #624
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
And Jaggu, I hope you went through the pictures I posted. In case you missed, request you to go through once.
Regarding underbody wash, i have never tried any other 3M shop hence i asked. And as i mentioned earlier i never went to 3M for an underbody wash.

Just checked again the pics and yes the wheel well could have been cleaned better, usually a request does the job to fix it. Not defending the bad job, but then as a customer i always go back and insist and they do oblige. Nothing to do with being a Team BHP member or being a mod.

What you have shared is valid feedback and am sure they will take it and ensure its sorted out.

See this is all relative feedbacks and observation, compared to other service i have used. I feel very comfortable and recommend this shop. At a service center i stand by and point to each and every spot they left off. 3M shop fortunately i never had such issues so far.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 17:52   #625
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
But does 3M offer under body wash? I thought it was only body wash which covers the wheel well area? Only time i saw under body wash included as part of their service was before the under body treatment. To be honest, for under body wash i would any-day prefer a regular service station with hoists; and if you want the under-body cleaned well, then you need to use de-greasers (like diesel at the least. 3M de-greasers would make it prohibitively expensive process) and do a proper scrub by manual labor. Relying only on pressure wash will just get you so much and if its included will be just a lil something that is thrown in free. Anyways i cant comment further since i do the under body cleaning separately at service station or with my pressure washer and sometime just request 3M guys to throw few sprays, if the dirt is minor.

When I went there for a car cleaning job, I have always got my car driven up the ramp in their basement and have always got the underbody and wheel wells cleaned from 'underneath' the car. Quite a lot of Coffee Coloured muck seems to come out from the underbelly of the car when this is done!

I am concerned about the hoists because of the underbody protector that my vehicle has,which might crack, if the car is not seated perfectly on the hoist. And in India nothing is predictable because the quality of the workforce is so non-standard. I dont know about others but, speaking for myself, I would not want to take a chance with my expensive car.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 17:53   #626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just checked again the pics and yes the wheel well could have been cleaned better, usually a request does the job to fix it. Not defending the bad job, but then as a customer i always go back and insist and they do oblige.
Sorry bro, I do not have the time and patience to drive back from BTM Layout to HSR just to point out their lapse and get it corrected, given Bangalore's traffic. This was my first visit to their store and this experience has marred the image I had.

The other 3M store I frequent does the following after treatment/wash.
  • The Store Manager first personally checks the car and fills a checklist.
  • He comes to the lounge and takes me to the car and ask me to check and see if everything is upto my satisfaction and after my green signal he would sign off for billing.

That IS premium service that 3M is known for.

I never saw that happen here.

Quote:
Nothing to do with being a Team BHP member or being a mod.
I never claimed to. In fact, Pradeep knew that I am from T BHP and my handle too.

EDIT: This is what happened when I went to a 3M store for a wash, the first time.

When the job card was done, I politely asked the Store Manager if the underbody would be covered. He politely replied, Yes sir, on request we do cover it, otherwise how would we be able to do the underbody treatment. I salute that guy, I do not know him personally nor hang around with him for lunch or anything. He has never failed to impress me, a demanding customer.

Last edited by DRIV3R : 4th November 2013 at 17:58.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 18:24   #627
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sorry bro, I do not have the time and patience to drive back from BTM Layout to HSR just to point out their lapse and get it corrected, given Bangalore's traffic. This was my first visit to their store and this experience has marred the image I had.
Oh i assumed you noticed it at the shop. Ya true no one would bother to drive back in Bangalore traffic for such things.

Quote:
The other 3M store I frequent does the following after treatment/wash.
  • The Store Manager first personally checks the car and fills a checklist.
  • He comes to the lounge and takes me to the car and ask me to check and see if everything is upto my satisfaction and after my green signal he would sign off for billing.
That happens in HSR and every time i sign off at the beginning and wonder why they ask me to do this just for a wash. They even insist on filling feedback forms at the end to which i usually get cheesed off! For a darn car wash????

Quote:
That IS premium service that 3M is known for.

I never saw that happen here.

HSR shop should definitely look into it. ^^

Quote:
When the job card was done, I politely asked the Store Manager if the underbody would be covered. He politely replied, Yes sir, on request we do cover it, otherwise how would we be able to do the underbody treatment.
So for normal joe they don't and only on request is it? that is strange esp since its a premium service? Actually now its not really premium also, since the local service guy in Indira Nagar charges 400 bucks for a full wash, earlier it was just 200 bucks.

Also can you check if the policy is still the same. Heard of a story up north where the engine was damaged after engine bay wash, since then 3M has stopped this engine bay washing. Only wet wipe and some spray cleaning these days?

Quote:
I salute that guy, I do not know him personally nor hang around with him for lunch or anything. He has never failed to impress me, a demanding customer.
See now you are getting personal for no reason. All of us would have some friends also, with whom we do business. But its up to each one of us to keep both separate. Over the years my local milk man also would have friendly relations with me. <just kidding> Infact i have similar relation with the local water service guy also. After almost 3 years, when i went there, he remembered me and DwArF and offered chai. He still did a lousy job like before and i had to get underneath the vehicle and point it out. Obviously he sorted it also.

In short if its a bad job, either take it up professionally back to them and get it resolved. If not share it and leave it at that. Every one is entitled to bad reviews also, and the wise person would ensure it never happens again. Which i hope in this case also.

Cheers,
Jaggu
Old 4th November 2013, 18:31   #628
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradyblr View Post
WoW Arun. Your car looks same, if not better, as on day 1!!.
According to me, this shows the effort and care with which you have maintained the car. How frequently do you get the external shine done from 3M?
Thanks pradyblr!
I really don't go by any specific intervals, till date I have done 3 powershine treatments. Once I went for paint sealent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
if ya ask me, it looks better now
I think so too, Anil

Regarding the other feedback's in the last few posts,

1) I never felt them pushing or trying to sell their higher variants/products.
During my first or second visit several months back when I went for paint sealant treatment, sidhu flatly refused after checking my car, he just did a foam wash that day.(That was the first time I met sidhu)

Similarly when I went for under body coating, pradeep was hesitant to do after checking the under body because 2.5 years back this coating was done by the dealer during my purchase. So, he gave me the option to decide.

2) I always prefer giving on the spot feedback and get the things done then and there. Even last time there were some very minor misses which they rectified immediately. Also, I have seen sidhu/pradeep doing a inspection and rectifying things in case of any misses before delivery. At least, till now I have not faced any quality issues.

3) IMO, I don't think that someone will just go for sweet talks with no quality work on offer.

I hope 3M HSR layout takes all the feedback's in to consideration and fill their gaps, if any.
Old 4th November 2013, 18:42   #629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh i assumed you noticed it at the shop. Ya true no one would bother to drive back in Bangalore traffic for such things.
My original post:

Quote:
Reading posts before replying DOES help.

Quote:
So for normal joe they don't and only on request is it? that is strange esp since its a premium service? Actually now its not really premium also, since the local service guy in Indira Nagar charges 400 bucks for a full wash, earlier it was just 200 bucks.
On request I said, on request from any normal Joe or Premium Joe. Hope you clear now.

Quote:
Also can you check if the policy is still the same. Heard of a story up north where the engine was damaged after engine bay wash, since then 3M has stopped this engine bay washing. Only wet wipe and some spray cleaning these days?
Sure will do. Likewise, can you check if there is no underbody washing policy really? Distinguished Member Shankar.Balan's post can help you.

Quote:
See now you are getting personal for no reason. All of us would have some friends also, with whom we do business. But its up to each one of us to keep both separate. ....................................
I didn't mean to. Just happened to see a pattern and hence. I may or may not be true, that is not matter for this thread. When people defend the store and judge my posts as rants, I think I too can do some judging. Peace. Let's put the discussion to rest, I guess things are clear enough.
Old 4th November 2013, 18:44   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I went for paint sealant treatment, sidhu flatly refused after checking my car,
100%. When I took my car for a paint sealant, Sidhu just refused saying there is no need of it. I insisted since they had some offer going on during that time. Same thing for PPF, he again refused stating it would be cheaper to repair the bumper than the PPF.

As with any services, there are bound to be good and bad ones, and I am sure sidhu and team will learn and improve.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks